Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 152049 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#117729 Nov 23, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
You see , therein lies the difference between your faith and my Faith.
Science and Evolution have placed you in Limbo.
They can neither provide you with factual evidence or demonstrate to you personally ,either the existence or nonexistence of God.
So ,you can never be sure, you have to be of two minds or double minded.
I do not have that problen , God has provided me with all the evidence I need of his existence.
You , based on your faith , have no access to that evidence, you don't understand it and intellectually ,you are reduced to mocking it.
You debate the reality of that which you claim does not exist and you don't believe in, which one would identify with illogical.
Your faith has you mentally confused , I believe there is no God,no, I think there is no God , but ,I could be wrong , maybe there is a God or Gods.
I believe 100% in my God and do not need to perform mental balancing acts with the foundation of my faith. My foundation is well balanced , not tottering abouts in a foundation of undertainty
Note the contradiction of your statement and calling atheism, faith.

Thanks for confirming your hubris in claiming to know what cannot be known.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#117730 Nov 23, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
Boring....except for "undertainty?" LOL!
Sorry about that.I know how bored you become when reading something you can not comprehend.
I finally found something that may well stimulate you past the boredom stage.
OOh nee nana nana noo noo dah dah baa oo ee oo aa aa ting tang wally wally bang bang.
If you have a further problem understanding ,contact Alvin and the Chimunks production...Ask for Theodore.
You provide convincing evidence for the possibility that Dopey was the one dwarf that fathered a child.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#117731 Nov 23, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Note the contradiction of your statement and calling atheism, faith.
Thanks for confirming your hubris in claiming to know what cannot be known.
Hey Bubble head , Explain the contradiction and Atheism is a faith,although you try to sugar coat it
Explain what it is that can not be known and your basis for making that claim'
You talk in circles , make a statement without explanations.
spaceship

Rancho Cordova, CA

#117732 Nov 23, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
No Baka Saru,We are familiar with your distortions and insatiable desire to pervert the truth.
The truth contained in whatI have posted about Atheists,that they have tremendous mental problems , depression , suicidial tendencies , drug and alcohol problems much more so than believers or anyone else is well known Among Atheists , but as stated by an Atheist
Hmmm interesting

I know that religious people have security that atheists don’t. If you believe in life after life, you fight harder, risk more, and serve better than a guy who thinks,“this is it!” If you believe you’re nothing but worm-food at death, you aren’t going to jump on a grenade to save the platoon, or charge a machine-gun nest expecting to meet Jesus. You’re going to be reserved, second-guessing, and probably be a big fat chicken.

Look, you just read the stats:“Researchers have found that spiritual people have decreased odds of attempting suicide, and that spiritual fitness has a positive impact on quality of life, on coping and on mental health.”

From reading this it shows a blatant contradistinction.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/rockbeyondbelief...

Since: Sep 13

United States of America

#117733 Nov 23, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact is that when I accepted Christ I did not have to go through those withdrawals, It was Christ who led me to understand my struggle with my selfish human nature.
Why ,when knowing that which I did to be wrong ,I did it anyway,while condeming that same behaviour in others.
No,human nature is not guided by honorable motives or by a sense of what is right or wrong. If that were so , there would be no need for laws ,our minds "human nature" would guide us to do the right thing.
But we know that is not so,human nature is guided by our selfish motives , and the fulfillment of those motives.
Why do peoplle kill ? they know it's wrong
Why do they lie?
Why do they steal? Cheat?,Scheme, connive ,envy ,jealousy you name it.
It is all part of our imperfect human nature.
Those who claim that they are not afflicted by these imperfections or that they are able to overcome them by simply ignoring them or that they are able ,by their will , to overcome them are the selfrighteous ,delusional liars.
There is absolutely no reason to believe them\ and there is no evidence to support their beliefs
So , Christ led me to an understanding of life and myself that I could not have learned any other way.
And it is an understanding that Atheism seeks to deny occured, in spite of all the evidence to the contrary.
I do not suffer from depression , I have no desire to commit suicide ,I would not ,for love or money go back to my old lifestyle.
You can call it delusional , because you do not understand what I have experienced.
What you do not understand , you mock ,hoping that by doing so ,you will cause me to be ashamed of my beliefs.
What you do not understand is that , I am proud of my beliefs and nothing can be said that will make me ashamed of my God and my Lord.
try as you might ,and you have tried, you have served to strengthen , not to weaken , my foundation, for that I thank you and the others , MD,Khartu ,Witchetty ,Lodi and others,although those were not your intentions,
I know I rile you guys sometimes, but because of how your unbelief has served to strengthen my faith ,there is a place in my heart for all of you.
Have a Happy and Blessed Thanksgiving .
curious wrote:
<quoted text>What you do not understand is that , I am proud of my beliefs and nothing can be said that will make me ashamed of my God and my Lord.
What you do not understand is this....It matters not if We make you feel ashamed.... you see.... you don't answer to us...What matters to you= is your God and Lord proud of your actions, or are they ashamed of your behavior? Unless you just accepted Christ this moment...you have broken almost all commandments set forth for you to follow....and that includes 'Thou shall not kill'... if you've killed a spider, snake, or a bee...you've broken that commandment as well. You've lied, you've slandered, you've shown discontentment and hatred for your fellow man, not what the commandment says to love thy neighbor as thyself. You've called those neighbors "fool" , you've admitted that you need not follow the OT when the NT came along... in other words nit-pick- the list goes on and on.....as stated earlier, if you were put on trial for being a Christian, there would not be enough evidence to convict.
I see your 'type' of Christian every day....you rise up Sunday Morn and trot off to church and praise be to the Savior, you sing and rejoice and humble yourself as a child to the master....BUT when Monday comes.....you revert back to your true 'self'....and that is the 'self' that you display here for all to see. In conclusion....you're fooling No one but Yourself!

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

London, KY

#117734 Nov 23, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>What you do not understand is this....It matters not if We make you feel ashamed.... you see.... you don't answer to us...What matters to you= is your God and Lord proud of your actions, or are they ashamed of your behavior? Unless you just accepted Christ this moment...you have broken almost all commandments set forth for you to follow....and that includes 'Thou shall not kill'... if you've killed a spider, snake, or a bee...you've broken that commandment as well. You've lied, you've slandered, you've shown discontentment and hatred for your fellow man, not what the commandment says to love thy neighbor as thyself. You've called those neighbors "fool" , you've admitted that you need not follow the OT when the NT came along... in other words nit-pick- the list goes on and on.....as stated earlier, if you were put on trial for being a Christian, there would not be enough evidence to convict.
I see your 'type' of Christian every day....you rise up Sunday Morn and trot off to church and praise be to the Savior, you sing and rejoice and humble yourself as a child to the master....BUT when Monday comes.....you revert back to your true 'self'....and that is the 'self' that you display here for all to see. In conclusion....you're fooling No one but Yourself!
The Actual translation is Tho shalt not commit murder.. Murder is Homicide without justification... Homicide is killing another Human Being...

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#117735 Nov 23, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
The basis for your beliefs are caused by your having converted to Atheism . You feel lost and angry .
You have developed mental problems . You have become obsessed with homosexuality ,foreskins and baby boy Genitals.
You seem very interested in starting a foreskins collection
You are no doubt a member in Good standing of NAMBLA.
That is only the begining of your problems.
You are obsessed with a God you do not believe exists ,but you are not sure.
You accuse this God you do not believe in , but are not sure,
of having committed various crimes,which of course , if he does not exist , he can not have committed, but you are not sure..
Your mental maladies may also be attributed to your foreskin ,or lack thereof . You may have incurred some serious brain damage.
You have the intellect of a cabbage fart ,if it were human
Hmmm...You relate a lot of things to atheism.

At least you knew better than to call atheists cannibals. I guess you know that we don't eat the flesh of any saviour.

You also knew better than to call atheists vampires. I guess you know that we never drink the blood of any saviour.

You also knew better than to call atheists zombies. That's a voodoo thing that Christians liked so they took that for themselves.

Now, you can go back to glorifying slavery, genocide and the killing of homosexuals.

Since: Sep 13

United States of America

#117736 Nov 23, 2013
Jewish(1000 BC) and Protestant(1600 AD) ten commandments states Murder...

Catholic (and Lutheran) Ten Commandments (about 100 AD) states Kill....

Cambridge, UK

#117737 Nov 23, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
You see , therein lies the difference between your faith and my Faith.
Science and Evolution have placed you in Limbo.
They can neither provide you with factual evidence or demonstrate to you personally ,either the existence or nonexistence of God.
So ,you can never be sure, you have to be of two minds or double minded.
I do not have that problen , God has provided me with all the evidence I need of his existence.
You , based on your faith , have no access to that evidence, you don't understand it and intellectually ,you are reduced to mocking it.
You debate the reality of that which you claim does not exist and you don't believe in, which one would identify with illogical.
Your faith has you mentally confused , I believe there is no God,no, I think there is no God , but ,I could be wrong , maybe there is a God or Gods.
I believe 100% in my God and do not need to perform mental balancing acts with the foundation of my faith. My foundation is well balanced , not tottering abouts in a foundation of undertainty
You believe 100% in your god because he has supplied you with evidence?

Then you don't have faith. So all this talk of you having faith is just bullshit.

Faith is what you have when you don't have the evidence.

Cambridge, UK

#117738 Nov 23, 2013
spaceship wrote:
<quoted text>
Possible someone did and was taught the mystery of the Kondom.
But the youth, looking upon him, loved him and began to beseech him that he might be with him. And going out of the tomb they came into the house of the youth, for he was rich. And after six days Jesus told him what to do and in the evening the youth came to him, wearing a linen cloth over his naked body. And he remained with him that night, for Jesus taught him the mystery of the Kingdom of God.
That's the Gospel of Mark that Christians tried to suppress.

Cambridge, UK

#117739 Nov 23, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Bubble head , Explain the contradiction and Atheism is a faith,although you try to sugar coat it
1. You claim that atheism takes things on faith

2. You also claim that atheism is stupid

3. Therefore taking things on faith is stupid.

4. Christians are always saying that they take things on faith.

5. That makes Christians stupid.

Except you, because you have the evidence that your invisible sky pixie is for real so you don't have faith.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#117740 Nov 24, 2013
curious, I'm not going to hit Reply to clot up whole screens with your foregone conclusions. Most of your links are broken, but even when fixed, they are mostly to apologist and theologian authors. We have already seen the track record for those to be slanted and disingenuous. Cherry picking blogs and opinions that sort-of support you is not the same thing as presenting objective facts. Case in point from your own link,
" ...it is important to note that religious beliefs are only one path to finding a sense of purpose and meaning in our lives. Those who put less emphasis on striving for financial or material success in their lives and instead focus more on fostering their sense of community, for example by donating money to charity, helping others, or those who strive to have good personal relationships, tend to be happier whether or not they are religious."

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#117741 Nov 24, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
And you have been repeatedly asked to explain and give evidence for the many myths of the Bible - the talking snake, the flood, the scattering of humans and the confusing of language, parting a sea, the magic showdown, a man deliberating for 3 days in the belly of a fish, etc., etc.- but you distract, evade and ignore these queries by obsessing on "the religion of atheism" and some rationalization that believing in fantasy has a terrific God-given mental health benefit.
Is it time again for you to rail against the thread for maintaining some smoke screen that only you can see?
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#117743 Nov 24, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>What you do not understand is this....It matters not if We make you feel ashamed.... you see.... you don't answer to us...What matters to you= is your God and Lord proud of your actions, or are they ashamed of your behavior? Unless you just accepted Christ this moment...you have broken almost all commandments set forth for you to follow....and that includes 'Thou shall not kill'... if you've killed a spider, snake, or a bee...you've broken that commandment as well. You've lied, you've slandered, you've shown discontentment and hatred for your fellow man, not what the commandment says to love thy neighbor as thyself. You've called those neighbors "fool" , you've admitted that you need not follow the OT when the NT came along... in other words nit-pick- the list goes on and on.....as stated earlier, if you were put on trial for being a Christian, there would not be enough evidence to convict.
You are a living example of the accuracy of Staaks Rosch statement that Atheists are afficted by mental problems that they will not admit to.
So now, if I step on a cockroack and kill it I have violated which Commandment?
And if I were brought up on charges of being a Christian , you, a mentally unbalanced atheist ,would judge me not guilty.
LOL You and Hogan's goat have much in common.
Yes ,the fact that I call you fools is based on the overwhelming amount of evidence that you supply for me to arrive at that conclusion.
And you are right ,what you think or believe matters not an iota to me.
So ,when in your FOOLISH IGNORANCE you question my faith , do you think I care?
And you are right ,I don't answer to you all ,because I only answer to my God , not to fools who self proclaim themselves to be my judge.
You are confused and confounded ,as Staaks has correctly stated.
He is listed in the Philadelphia directory. He probably can't help ya , but, call him anyway.
Tell him how Atheism has wreaked havoc with your mind and don't fail to mention the remaining links on that Chain od Fools.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#117744 Nov 24, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
You believe 100% in your god because he has supplied you with evidence?
Then you don't have faith. So all this talk of you having faith is just bullshit.
Faith is what you have when you don't have the evidence.
bullshit is what your brain is composed of.
If you diligently seek me,you will find me.
I had the faith to believe God's word and true to his word ,Ifound him..

You are unable to do that because you are double mined,as I pointed out before.
You don't believe there is a God,but,on the other hand you admit you might be wrong.
Mentally,you are in a state of confusion , unbalanced in your Faith and attemptint to convince others that your irrational beliefs should be considered rational.
You self proclaim yourself to be right when your irrational behaviour is there for all to see.
Even your fellow Atheist ,Staaks Rosch , has pointed out the fact that Atheists are afflicted by mental problems which they refuse to acknowledge,as is obvious in your case.

" But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. 7 That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. 8 Such a person is double-minded and unstable in all they do."

As an addict self proclaims himself not to be addicted
As an Alcoholic self proclaims himself ,not an Alcoholic
So do the mentally troubled self proclaim themselves to be sane
Yet , it is one of your own that is making you aware of your affliction
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#117745 Nov 24, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
And you have been repeatedly asked to explain and give evidence for the many myths of the Bible - the talking snake, the flood, the scattering of humans and the confusing of language, parting a sea, the magic showdown, a man deliberating for 3 days in the belly of a fish, etc., etc.- but you distract, evade and ignore these queries by obsessing on "the religion of atheism" and some rationalization that believing in fantasy has a terrific God-given mental health benefit.
Is it time again for you to rail against the thread for maintaining some smoke screen that only you can see?
Chroe , you conveniently change the subject ,as is your custom.
In no way are you adressing the question that was asked of Duquette....
Foolish one, I have no way of knowing whether those events took place,I have no evidence to prove they did Nor do you have any evidence to prove they didn't.
Moreover and more importantly, those events are not what I base my faith on ,as you well know.
So you want me to join you in your foolish path in a discussion that has no bearing on my faith.
Remenber; If you diligently seek me , you will find me.
That is where it all begins with me.
that is something that your doublemindedness Can not and will not comprehend...
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#117746 Nov 24, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
curious, I'm not going to hit Reply to clot up whole screens with your foregone conclusions. Most of your links are broken, but even when fixed, they are mostly to apologist and theologian authors. We have already seen the track record for those to be slanted and disingenuous. Cherry picking blogs and opinions that sort-of support you is not the same thing as presenting objective facts. Case in point from your own link,
" ...it is important to note that religious beliefs are only one path to finding a sense of purpose and meaning in our lives. Those who put less emphasis on striving for financial or material success in their lives and instead focus more on fostering their sense of community, for example by donating money to charity, helping others, or those who strive to have good personal relationships, tend to be happier whether or not they are religious."
It is precisely because Atheism DOES NOT foster a sense of community or charitable giving, that Atheists attend religious services.
It is because Atheism does not foster a sense of Community that those whom you mislead into Atheism find themselves in a desperate situation where they are left alone ,depressed and contemplating suicide , with no one to help them.
Abandoned by those who got them into the mess they now find themselves in , they have to rely on those same persons whom they abandoned , in order to get help.
Seems to me one can conclude this type of behaviour is morally corrupt
You don't tell someone you are taking them to a better place,when you know that they will encounter problems that they are illequipped to handle and then abandon them.
If you are taking them to a better place ,the results would speak for themselves and would not lead to depression ,suicidial tendencies or feelings of being abandoned.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#117747 Nov 24, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
You explained it yourself. Thus the contradiction.
We have explained it, and you confirmed it. Yet for some reason it does not compute in your mind.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#117748 Nov 24, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
The Actual translation is Tho shalt not commit murder.. Murder is Homicide without justification... Homicide is killing another Human Being...
Typically the term applies to humans, but animals can be killed in an unjust manner.
You cannot just go around killing your neighbor's dog.
The bibles writings were never meant to be legal documents, and the flaws of it being trotted out as "laws" shows.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#117749 Nov 24, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm...You relate a lot of things to atheism.
At least you knew better than to call atheists cannibals. I guess you know that we don't eat the flesh of any saviour.
You also knew better than to call atheists vampires. I guess you know that we never drink the blood of any saviour.
You also knew better than to call atheists zombies. That's a voodoo thing that Christians liked so they took that for themselves.
Now, you can go back to glorifying slavery, genocide and the killing of homosexuals.
I went to my uncle's funeral this week. It was a Catholic service. It was very interesting. The amount of time speaking of Jesus instead of the person who just died was astounding, and I found it disrespectful, as I am sure did the wife of the man and the many that attended in her family, as she was Islamic. The priest had the nerve to claim Jesus helped her in being strong and being so caring in his ill health. Seemed like a giant slap in the face to me. I was not the only person who noted this.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
No regrets 39 min Quantummist 13
Trump and NAMBLA 41 min Quantummist 10
Deputy officially in fatally shooting 48 min Quantummist 1
Who will be the next Knox Co. Judge Exec.? 3 hr Donald 58
KC Has a new Basketball Coach!!! (Jul '15) 4 hr panther 66
Grand Jury indicts Dexter Smith for perjury 5 hr Quantummist 36
All the junky dead beats 10 hr Totally 1

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance