Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 169890 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#117661 Nov 22, 2013
By the way.

I told you that your beliefs meant that your defend genocide, killing gays, killing people of other religions. Not to mention defending slavery.

I was right

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#117662 Nov 22, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
You post an opinion whch you can not support with any facts , other than the nonsense that clutters your head.
This is precisely what we've been telling you from the beginning of your infestation - I mean 'participation' on this thread. You think God re-united you with your dog, when the most obvious answer is simply that a lady >answered your ad< because she was trying to do a good deed. Events may happen, but the stories created about them and the ones you've allowed yourself to believe haven't any factual support.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#117663 Nov 22, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
And by Atheist logic,lightning struck a dumb mudhole and created a self replicating ,living ,conscious ,intelligent cellwhich accounts for life as we know it
No, nobody says that except for the liars for Jesus.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#117664 Nov 22, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>

Christ brought in a New Testament
No, Jesus did not write a single word of the New Testament. The writings came from between decades to centuries after his death.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#117665 Nov 22, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Out comes the superstitious mumbo jumbo as you scratch around in your ju-ju seeking to justify murder.
We've already heard from Y&A who has told us he would kill a child if his god told him to do so.
Now we've got you defending genocide, defending the killing of homosexuals, defending the killing of people who exercised freedom of religion and defending slavery.
You need therapy.
I think he's beyond therapy alone. At this stage I think he's destined for meds and a facility.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#117666 Nov 22, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you offering up another of your "nothings" for me to refute? You do remember how you stated that I refuted your last nothing?
I said that there is a possibility that we were created by intelligent aliens. I didn't say I believed it.
I've also gone on record as saying that I could be wrong in my view that there are no gods and perhaps there is a cosmic mega-being(s) who created everything.
However, I've also stated that I think it's highly unlikely. That makes me an agnostic with atheist leanings.
Because we live in a natural universe and there is no evidence for the supernatural. What's more, not one of the millions of explanations provided by science lists supernatural/magic as an answer.
<quoted text>
If all scientists felt like you, they would give up.
Fortunately religion in science is at a very low ebb.
<quoted text>
?
Well ,Let me make sure I understand you correctly ,you believe that
the probability of a God or Gods existence is highly improbable , on the other hand , you accept the possibility that maybe you could be wrong and that there may be a cosmic mega being.
These are views that you can neither prove nor disprove , either factually or by any personal experiences that you may have had along those lines.
Therefore they are be based on your Faith.
Any reason why your condition should not be considered as doublemindedness?

Insofar as explanations provided by Science , they've confirmed Genesis , that the Universe was created ,not eternal ,that man was formed from the dust of the ground.
What Science has been unable to explain is how ,what or whom caused these events to occur.
They are struggling mightily to prove they were caused by natural events ,and that probability is pointing to it being an impossibility.
And they should not stop their search , as it seems they may ultimately prove the total accuracy of the Biblical version of creation

“See how you are?”

Earth

#117668 Nov 22, 2013
AntiFlag wrote:
Bull, shit. Atheism does not lead to any problems except having to endure the blather of superstitious idiots.
Curious has been arguing this crap for months. There is a certain psychological advantage to having the crutch of religion for those who are prone to being unable to deal (aka 'scared peeing their pantalones silly') with the stark reality that they will die someday - gone, finis, fat lady done sung OVER. Compound this with their cults' vicious promises of eternal torture for those who step out of line and an extreme need of members to believe and defend the fantasy.
The true valid psychological benefit of church is that it promotes a sense of belonging and group support. For those who are tribalist paranoids (like curious) and those who are easily confounded about what they can't comprehend (like curious), and those who only seem attached to the real world by a toe hold and masking tape (like curious) this is especially important.

Since: Sep 13

United States of America

#117669 Nov 22, 2013
When all other arguments of Curious are blown completely out of the water, he has no choice but to resort to the "atheist suffer more mental problems than Christians" which is in itself highly questionable ... example:
People who claim to be Ďspiritualí but not religious are often struggling to cope mentally, according to a study.
They are more likely to suffer from a range of mental health problems than either the conventionally religious or those who are agnostic or atheists, found researchers at University College London.

They are more disposed towards anxiety disorders, phobias and neuroses, have eating disorders and drug problems.

In addition, they are more likely than others to be taking medication for mental health problems.

United States of America

#117670 Nov 22, 2013
By Curious actions on this thread, He shows tendencies of being 'spiritual' but not religious. I make that determination based on his comments, and his deliberate breaking of the commandments that his god ordered to be followed to the letter!

Of course Curious reasons this away as saying,{paraphrasing} when the new testament came about, I don't have to adhere to the writings or commandments of the old.

That's a new one for the masses! lol

“See how you are?”

Earth

#117671 Nov 22, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
By Curious actions on this thread, He shows tendencies of being 'spiritual' but not religious. I make that determination based on his comments, and his deliberate breaking of the commandments that his god ordered to be followed to the letter!
Of course Curious reasons this away as saying,{paraphrasing} when the new testament came about, I don't have to adhere to the writings or commandments of the old.
That's a new one for the masses! lol
Curious is about as spiritual as a fire ant, if you ask me.

Hell no, that isn't a new one.
Interrogate a Christian on a dozen different subjects and they'll bounce between the OT and the NT quicker than a piston in a weedwacker.
Most (not all) Xtians who are on Topix prove they are CINOs whose morality can be summed up with "the end justifies the means" and whose intelligence "leaves something to be desired" only by gardenters.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#117672 Nov 22, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Curious has been arguing this crap for months. There is a certain psychological advantage to having the crutch of religion for those who are prone to being unable to deal (aka 'scared peeing their pantalones silly') with the stark reality that they will die someday - gone, finis, fat lady done sung OVER. Compound this with their cults' vicious promises of eternal torture for those who step out of line and an extreme need of members to believe and defend the fantasy.
The true valid psychological benefit of church is that it promotes a sense of belonging and group support. For those who are tribalist paranoids (like curious) and those who are easily confounded about what they can't comprehend (like curious), and those who only seem attached to the real world by a toe hold and masking tape (like curious) this is especially important.
No Baka Saru,We are familiar with your distortions and insatiable desire to pervert the truth.
The truth contained in whatI have posted about Atheists,that they have tremendous mental problems , depression , suicidial tendencies , drug and alcohol problems much more so than believers or anyone else is well known Among Atheists , but as stated by an Atheist Activist Staks Rosch ,

(This is something we donít like to admit, but it is true. There is a problem within the atheist community of depression and suicide.)

Here are excerpts; Rest has already been posted

Posted by Staks Rosch on Oct 11, 2012 in Atheism, depression
Atheism Has A Suicide Problem
About a year ago a friend of mine died. He was the first person I take credit for de-converting away from theism to atheism. While I canít say for certain that his death was suicide, I canít rule it out. It has also been about four months now since the death of Humanist activist and friend Joe Fox. Joe was the reason I became the head of PhillyCoR and while he seemed like the happiest person you could know and was always there for anyone who needed help, he apparently secretly struggled with depression. I also have another friend who recently de-converted and is having a very difficult time adjusting to the reality that God doesnít exist. While I donít think he is suicidal, I would be surprised if he didnít think about it at times.

(This is something we donít like to admit, but it is true. There is a problem within the atheist community of depression and suicide.)
I know we would all like to believe that atheists are happier people than religious believers .
. Atheists are often isolated and ostracized. We see the sad state of affairs in the world and see the harmful influences of religion which at times seem overwhelming with little to no hope in sight. Religious believers can find help and comfort in their religious institutions, but atheists usually can only find help online or in very small local communities that donít meet very often.

Then there is the transition period in which an atheist has just left religion and feels completely lost. They are often without the community they have depended on for so long

The benefits of accepting Atheism as your faith ,can be very damaging to your health.
They promise to Free you
Their Emancipation Proclamation does not tell you of the problems you will encounter.
You may commit suicide or at least contemplate it. You will be ostracized and separated from your former support groups.
You will feel lost and alone , with no one to help you ,other than going online or asking for help from the support group you abandoned
And those are the good points
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#117673 Nov 22, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Curious is about as spiritual as a fire ant, if you ask me.
Hell no, that isn't a new one.
Interrogate a Christian on a dozen different subjects and they'll bounce between the OT and the NT quicker than a piston in a weedwacker.
Most (not all) Xtians who are on Topix prove they are CINOs whose morality can be summed up with "the end justifies the means" and whose intelligence "leaves something to be desired" only by gardenters.
Such reasoning and logic , as demonstrated by YOu , Lodi , Khatru and the other links that compose the Chain of Fools , can be attributed to the fact that you recharge your brains each day by leaving them to sit overnight in the Pooper Scooper while it's doggy poo contents are still intact.
Schietferbrains properly describes your mental conditions.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#117674 Nov 22, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
When we attend church we do so for Spiritual support ,which in turn
allows us to provide the sense of belonging and group support.
Now you ,in your abundant ignorance , claim those benefits are unimportant.
Yet , that is what Atheists claim that they need but lack when they accept YOUR faith and have no one to provide those benefits ,unless they seek out the support group that they abandoned to provide them with those needs.

The true valid psychological benefit of Atheism is that it does not promote a sense of belonging and group support.You are on your own,
He that converted you probably has more problems than you have
For those who are tribalist paranoids (converted Atheists) and those who are easily confounded about what they can't comprehend,Why am i lonely and confused (converted Atheists), and those who only seem attached to the real world by a toe hold and masking tape, Why am I contemplating suicide (converted Atheists) this is especially important.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#117675 Nov 22, 2013
Khatru wrote:
By the way.
I told you that your beliefs meant that your defend genocide, killing gays, killing people of other religions. Not to mention defending slavery.
I was right
Based on what I wrote and your gross misinterpretation thereof ,and your self proclamation of being right , and telling me what my beliefs mean,leads me to conclude that you have the intelligence of a sheet of twice used toilet paper.
And I am giving you the benefit of the doubt

You are a narcissistic pompous fool ,full of yourself , take that to mean what you want.
You and haven't forgotten must be identical twins.
That is one big pile of manure in one family...
Yeeeeeks
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#117676 Nov 22, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
When all other arguments of Curious are blown completely out of the water, he has no choice but to resort to the "atheist suffer more mental problems than Christians" which is in itself highly questionable ... example:
People who claim to be Ďspiritualí but not religious are often struggling to cope mentally, according to a study.
They are more likely to suffer from a range of mental health problems than either the conventionally religious or those who are agnostic or atheists, found researchers at University College London.
They are more disposed towards anxiety disorders, phobias and neuroses, have eating disorders and drug problems.
In addition, they are more likely than others to be taking medication for mental health problems.
Just think , Thanksgiving is next week and you have nothing to be thankful for.
Instead of Having a Turkey dinner , you will have to get together
with your Support group , Witchetty ,Khartu ,Chroe , Forgotten and
Join MD at his favorite hangout , some rundown doughnut shop in Dade City , where you can all feast on 3 day old donuts.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#117677 Nov 22, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Out comes the superstitious mumbo jumbo as you scratch around in your ju-ju seeking to justify murder.
We've already heard from Y&A who has told us he would kill a child if his god told him to do so.
Now we've got you defending genocide, defending the killing of homosexuals, defending the killing of people who exercised freedom of religion and defending slavery.
You need therapy.
Hey Krac , I can understand your anger.
Your lifestyle was not permissible then and unacceptable to decent people now.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.pixoto.com/quantumm

#117678 Nov 22, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Floods DID hapeen-FACT. Timelines cary. FACT.
2. Not denouncing it-I agree with the sentiment that the average earning labor force is wayyyy TAXED ENOUGH (and DRAINED DRY) ALREADY.
3. I already said that...but I will add gleefylly-"Partisan" poliTics is for mindless, spineless IDIOTS.
4. Damn straight--and we WILL fight to keep those rights as well, FOR the less able to to among us!
Anything else?
Floods happen... "The" Flood didn't, as described in biblical texts anyway...
Ministry Music

United States

#117679 Nov 22, 2013
I saw this guy serving God and teaching music
then heard he on world wide radio, and rank on the music charts, How did he get so famous so fast ?

http://gwwilliamsacousticmusicministry.com/ho...

United States of America

#117680 Nov 22, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Such reasoning and logic , as demonstrated by YOu , Lodi , Khatru and the other links that compose the Chain of Fools , can be attributed to the fact that you recharge your brains each day by leaving them to sit overnight in the Pooper Scooper while it's doggy poo contents are still intact.
Schietferbrains properly describes your mental conditions.
This study was conducted Jan. of this year...the findings are as follows: Several Thousand Men and Women were randomly selected to participate. 77% of the 'spiritual' were more likely to be dependent on drugs than the others..72% more likely to suffer from a phobia, and 50 per cent more likely to have a generalized anxiety disorder.

They were also 40 per cent more likely to be receiving treatment with psychotropic drugs, and at a 37% higher risk of neurotic disorder.

The researchers concluded: "We conclude that there is increasing evidence that people who profess spiritual beliefs are more vulnerable to mental disorder.

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#117681 Nov 22, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
L.A. Times , On George Carlin
His comedic sensibility revolved around a central theme: humanity is a cursed, doomed species.
"I don't have any beliefs or allegiances. I don't believe in this country, I don't believe in religion, or a god, and I don't believe in all these man-made institutional ideas," he told Reuters in a 2001 interview.
Carlin told Playboy in 2005 that he looked forward to an afterlife where he could watch the decline of civilization on a "heavenly CNN."
"The world is a big theatre-in-the round as far as I'm concerned, and I'd love to watch it spin itself into oblivion," he said. "Tune in and watch the human adventure."
Drug addiction plagued him for much of his life, beginning with marijuana experimentation as a teen, graduating to cocaine in the 1970s, and then to prescription painkillers and wine. During the cocaine years, Carlin ignored his finances and ended up owing about $3 million in back taxes. In 2004, he entered a Los Angeles rehab clinic for his alcohol and Vicodin abuse.
All of that was based on his Atheist Moral Code.
If you hate your children , that is the lifestyle you wish for them..........
curious wrote:
<quoted text> nevertheless , I wll adhere to George Carlin , as it is worth repeating
Don't argue with a fool , they will only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
George Carlin......
"Worth repeating" if it is a quote you happen to like.
Then it doesn't seem to matter what his personal life was like.

But when an atheist quotes Carlin about his non-beliefs, it's a different story.
If only you were half as clever as you think you are, these discussions would be more interesting.
I'm tired of your repetitive lies and spam.
You are boring.

Did I say "half?" Silly me, you aren't even near half.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Specialist's Office. 4 min The Specialist 40
Lorie K Miracle 24 min lol 1
Martha Sears 1 hr I know 1
Re Elect Jm Hall VOTE Steve Warren in 2018 2 hr duck hunter 189
Who is the hottest MILF in bville? (Jan '10) 3 hr Hot rod 36
I don't believe in Santa Claus people 5 hr Duh 2
My Redeemer lives 5 hr child of God 1
Disgraced Barbourville City Mayor Is Coming Home 6 hr Courtroom Fun 12
Politicians seeking sympathy VOTES !!!!! 12 hr mom 29
deputy fired over photo on Facebook 23 hr Info 41