Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 148141 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#117618 Nov 21, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
I trust the next time Y&A and Amber go off on one of their "You're going to Hell" rants, you'll also be referring to them as judgmentalists.
Fair's fair.
That's what that type of stuff is, judgemental and ignorant, no matter who's saying it.

Worthy only of eye rolling.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#117619 Nov 21, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
So you believe it was just a local flood and not the world destroying deluge that millions of other christians claim it was?
I guess this also means that you believe thousands of people around the world carried on living their lives. So all this stuff about Noah and his family being the only people saved is also a myth.
Good for you.
I might compare it to something more along the lines of a much smaller more area localized, catastrophic type event, rather than a literal "global event" that was being scribed about, yes.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#117620 Nov 21, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
100 miles? 4500 years ago there were established trade routes that were way beyond that, and the OT was established lloonngg after that.
I'll be amicable and agree with you that there was no Noahcian flood that inundated all of the land beneath the heavens and submerged the highest mountains to a depth of 15 cubits. But then, what else did not happen? Talking snakes and donkeys are safe bets. The building that reached near to heaven and the sundering of language? How about dividing the Red Sea, or a man living in a fish for 3 days? I can also agree with you that staves to snakes, manna from heaven, virgin birth, feeding multitudes with a fish and a loaf of bread, and walking on water are also bogus.
You see? I am not unreasonable.
I don't read such literally like that. I never have because I would find approaching that type of literature in such a way, as being a very unreasonable way to read such to start with.

Since: Sep 13

United States of America

#117623 Nov 21, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't read such literally like that. I never have because I would find approaching that type of literature in such a way, as being a very unreasonable way to read such to start with.
That's interesting, you compare the bible as a work of literature such as Edgar Allan Poe's "The Raven" or To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee?
control yourself

United States

#117624 Nov 21, 2013
Your self-control could use a little work.

United States of America

#117625 Nov 21, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
curious is like a demented whack-a-mole; popping up from his black hole of superstition and reciting his ju-ju before getting hammered back down.
Haaaha, That is so funny and true...What a visual! I can see it now...... lol , lol
control yourself

United States

#117626 Nov 21, 2013
Don't get me between your love affair that's my big brother.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#117627 Nov 21, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>That's interesting, you compare the bible as a work of literature such as Edgar Allan Poe's "The Raven" or To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee?
Book wise, as literature-yes. Cataloging wise, no. No valid reason to.
Thoushouldntaccu se

London, KY

#117628 Nov 21, 2013
others falsely.

United States of America

#117629 Nov 21, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Book wise, as literature-yes. Cataloging wise, no. No valid reason to.
In other words, you consider the bible to be based mostly on Fiction? Is that correct?

You see, most literary works are considered Fiction.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#117630 Nov 21, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
Haaaha, That is so funny and true...What a visual! I can see it now...... lol , lol
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
curious is like a demented whack-a-mole; popping up from his black hole of superstition and reciting his ju-ju before getting hammered back down.

My bad , I thought you were describing your first sexual encounter with Lodi

United States of America

#117631 Nov 21, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
My bad , I thought you were describing your first sexual encounter with Lodi
That's what you get for thinking eh....it's obvious you're not quick enough to escape the hammer, you have no sense left!

Poor, Poor Curious.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#117632 Nov 21, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I stated in my posting that'
"You will attempt to deviate from this subject because neither you or the Fools brigade will be able to extricate you from this mess.
Well ,one member of the Fools Brigade has attempted to clean up the mess , by deviating from the topic being discussed.
Khartu wrote
"There is a possibility that humanity was created by an alien species and you know what?"
And I asked
When you refer to an Alien Species as our creator are you not reffering to someone with supernatural powers?
Is that not the definition of a God?
You will attempt to deviate from this subject because neither you or the Fools brigade will be able to extricate you from this mess.
And the Chroe , true to form , deviates from the question, which serves to remind me;
Don't argue with a fool , they will only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
George Carlin..
But again I will ask
What is the difference between Alien Species with supernatural powers to create life and Gods with supernatural powers to create life.?
Or will another member of the Fools brigade attempt to muddy the waters... lodi and witchetty,,,Give it a try...
Carlin was wise. He was an atheist.
There is neither theory nor evidence of life beginning on Earth either by a divine whim or by an alien lab.
I didn't deviate from the question, because there is no question. You are taking a musing out of context and try to make it seem like a serious proposal in order to slander the speaker. You do the same thing to posters, it is as transparent as air on a sunny day and no smokescreen or fog of yours can disguise it.
As I said, there IS no question - you are morally corrupt and ethically shameless.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#117633 Nov 21, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
So, then you get to cherry pick and quote mine what, where, how, why and when you wish to accept from the Bible as "factual", "truthful" and "inspired". Go figure. What shall we call your scripture, then? The Book of GetaJOBorstarve,emmer-effer or the Gospel of Don'tknowhowtoACTSanddontwanna ?

United States of America

#117634 Nov 21, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
A fool is made more of a fool, when their mouth is more open than their mind.
Thanks for that....but we already knew about that aspect of yourself, so no need to try and convince us.

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#117635 Nov 21, 2013
For those who admire George Carlin:

"America prays to God to destroy our enemies;
our enemies pray to God to destroy us.
Someone's gonna be disappointed...
Someone's wasting their f--kin' time.
Could it be .....everyone?"
----------

"Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man living in the sky
who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special
list of 10 things he does not want you to do.
And if you do any of these 10 things he has a
special place full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish where he will send
you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry for ever and ever until the end
of time...
...but he loves you."
----------

I credit that eight years of grammar school with nourishing me in a direction where I could trust myself and trust my instincts. They gave me the tools to reject my faith. They taught me to question and think for myself and to believe in my instincts to such an extent that I just said,'This is a wonderful fairy tale they have going here, but it's not for me.'
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#117636 Nov 21, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
For those who admire George Carlin:
"America prays to God to destroy our enemies;
our enemies pray to God to destroy us.
Someone's gonna be disappointed...
Someone's wasting their f--kin' time.
Could it be .....everyone?"
----------
"Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man living in the sky
who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special
list of 10 things he does not want you to do.
And if you do any of these 10 things he has a
special place full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish where he will send
you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry for ever and ever until the end
of time...
...but he loves you."
----------
I credit that eight years of grammar school with nourishing me in a direction where I could trust myself and trust my instincts. They gave me the tools to reject my faith. They taught me to question and think for myself and to believe in my instincts to such an extent that I just said,'This is a wonderful fairy tale they have going here, but it's not for me.'
L.A. Times , On George Carlin
His comedic sensibility revolved around a central theme: humanity is a cursed, doomed species.

"I don't have any beliefs or allegiances. I don't believe in this country, I don't believe in religion, or a god, and I don't believe in all these man-made institutional ideas," he told Reuters in a 2001 interview.

Carlin told Playboy in 2005 that he looked forward to an afterlife where he could watch the decline of civilization on a "heavenly CNN."

"The world is a big theatre-in-the round as far as I'm concerned, and I'd love to watch it spin itself into oblivion," he said. "Tune in and watch the human adventure."

Drug addiction plagued him for much of his life, beginning with marijuana experimentation as a teen, graduating to cocaine in the 1970s, and then to prescription painkillers and wine. During the cocaine years, Carlin ignored his finances and ended up owing about $3 million in back taxes. In 2004, he entered a Los Angeles rehab clinic for his alcohol and Vicodin abuse.

All of that was based on his Atheist Moral Code.
If you hate your children , that is the lifestyle you wish for them..........
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#117637 Nov 21, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for that....but we already knew about that aspect of yourself, so no need to try and convince us.
Hey ,does it still take you an hour and a half to watch the news program, 60 minutes?
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#117638 Nov 21, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Carlin was wise. He was an atheist.
There is neither theory nor evidence of life beginning on Earth either by a divine whim or by an alien lab.
I didn't deviate from the question, because there is no question. You are taking a musing out of context and try to make it seem like a serious proposal in order to slander the speaker. You do the same thing to posters, it is as transparent as air on a sunny day and no smokescreen or fog of yours can disguise it.
As I said, there IS no question - you are morally corrupt and ethically shameless.
No , fool , There is a legitimate question which Khatru dares not answer. He puked on the floor and called the janitor to clean it up. You show up with your mop and pail ,spill the water and spread the puke woese than it was.
Hitchens , and Dawkins have made statements about the possibility that a Civilization of Superior or supernatural intelligence could be responsible for having created our species.
Khartu agreed with those statements, as you well know.
If one can claim that there is a possibility , no matter how remote ,that Supernatural beings might have created us , how would that differ from stating that Gods created us, What is the difference?
I knew that after he put his foot in his mouth , he would not be able to extricate it, he would get defensive , evasive ,throw stink bombs and seek help from his friends.
So the Chain of Fools rode to the rescue in an illconceived attempt to drag him out of the hole he dug for himself. The ladder you brought is way too short and the hole is way to deep.
One would think that there would be found among you someone with the courage to answer the question headon
Alas there isn't , I believe you would rather die.But , Don't forget , cowards die many times before their death , a brave man dies only once

United States of America

#117639 Nov 21, 2013
Curious, you are the only person here that is a Complete Fool! On both Hitchens, and Dawkins use of that reference, I posted proof of their intentions of making that comment. Neither of those 2 were suggesting that was their belief or their positions on the matter...It is not our fault you lack the comprehension to understand what they meant.

I once posted on here YaA and Known Fact was better known as 'Dumb and Dumber' but you've trumped both them with being the 'Dumbest'

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Should a city school board member sell alcohol ? 7 min i care 9
Kim Patterson (Jan '10) 9 min Ash 6
Board Meeting 1 hr Sickofthisgarbage 58
David Branstutter 1 hr Needs help 1
Since beer is made with barley or other starche... 1 hr Omg 2
Jenny Buchanan 2 hr dramaqueen 2
stabbing 2 hr rey 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages