Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 141519 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

curious

Ocoee, FL

#117548 Nov 20, 2013
havent forgotten wrote:
<quoted text> Are you a reader of the Bible? Do you believe that the 10 commandments warn against very bad sins? Do you interpret one of the 10 Commandments as meaning Thou shalt not slander? If so, you have sinned are are obviously destined for hell.
The Narcissist has judged me, here comes the self proclaimed judge.
Many discarded nuts can be found,decomposing in the trash cans at Hershey Chocolate
I did not name any fools in my post ,obviously you felt it may apply to you.

If the shoe fits ,wear it
curious

Ocoee, FL

#117549 Nov 20, 2013
havent forgotten wrote:
<quoted text> oh, you make your point very cleverly - if truth knows what via means! Are you sure that the motives of any person one does not know are kind, when the person urges you to adopt his or her belief? I suspect some of them are smugly confident that you won't and are secretly delighted to believe that they are saved and you (we) aren't. I do not think that of nice friends whom I know - but I suspect it of some not quite so nice so-called friends, and certainly of fundie folks on topix.
Poor TRUTH - if such there be - to see its name used in vain by that commenter.
I reread the other comment you replied to. I wonder what hills and hollows with no educated neighbors and no books but a Bible and no tV or radio but media ministers, and no decent schools that person lives among. I am lucky to be in a place where there are enough interesting Christians (Community of Christ, formerly Reorganized Latter Day Saints) live - they believe in continuing revelation, and some of the reform types just propose more enlightened views - re African-Americans, women, and even gay persons, based on their own sensible and progressive notions - without even claiming they talked to god about it recently. Luckily it has worked in the first two instances! I do not encounter much static when I tell religious folks that I am an ecumenical agnostic and value ethics most of all. I do believe that it is important to form coalitions with everyone who has a decent ethic, and overlook any silly theology that does not lead to evil ethics, or tolerance of the evil ethics of others.
There you go again, I this and I that ,believe there are about 15 references to yourself,all in one paragraph.
I am glad you place such much importance in your own opinions,lets me know how insignificant they Are.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#117550 Nov 20, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>

I am glad you place such much importance in your own opinions,lets me know how insignificant they Are.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#117551 Nov 20, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
This from the guy who defends genocide and infanticide. Who approves of the murder of homosexuals, as well as anyone else who wishes to exercise religious freedom.
<quoted text>
Your hypocrisy is showing. Selecting your morals at will is exactly what you do. It's just the good bits, isn't it? The bits you've cherry-picked you've ignored the bits where people are stoned or mutilated for insane and trivial reasons.
The fact that you pick what you think are the good bits and ignore the bad bits is proof that you decide your morality.
<quoted text>
That's tsunami, not "sunami". The "t" is silent. I guess if you'd had a better education you'd have known that. Remember, that's a silent "t". Kind of like the silent "P" at the start of your real name. You hear what I'm saying, Rick?
<quoted text>
"It must be quite galling for religious people to see atheists like me going about their business without a shred of guilt or self-loathing, and not in the least inclined to pray or to do penance of any kind, and not in the slightest bit worried about any form of eternal punishment.
I have to admit if I was religious I'd probably think to myself: "How come I've got all this weight on my shoulders while these bums are getting a free ride?" Condell
Remember, you have the right to remain silent because whatever you say will probably be stupid anyway.
Well ,after all is said and done , after all your efforts to avoid the issue, here is what your reality is.
You claim not to believe in the existence of God , you can try and sugar coat it ,but that is what you believe.
The proof of God's existence is lodged in your subconscious, from where try as you might , you can not dislodge him.
He is continuouly on your mind . You can't get away from him ,even for a day.
You claim is that God is a figment of our imagination and he is probably much more on your mind than mine.
It must be a terrible struggle that you face day after day,that which you claim does not exist is imbedded so deeply in your mind that you can not stop thinking about HIM.
No, far from it,I don't think you are getting a free ride.
You are in search of that which we have ,peace of mind , a sense of Community, able to provide for those in need , a church where apart from their teachings at home,our children can be taught about morals and where we joyfully praise our God etal
So what happens, studies show that it is in search of those benefits that 20 to 25 % of atheists attend religious services.
It is in search of those benefits that atheists have started their own churches.... Their huge mistake and why they will fail,as their other attempts in the past have ,is that the only ingredient needed
to attain those benefits is GOD....
Not having the capacity to be originators , they will borrow from Christianity hoping to have the same results ,,,And who knows ,once they begin to fail ,someone may well say , Next Sunday ,everyboby bring their bible , see if we can find a solution in there.

BTW that apt description of your nose is more than I wanted to know about you....
A nose like that can only be found on those who have visited and entered UrAnus ,the planet from which Superior Beings removed your ancestors as being unfit and dumped them off here.

Since: Oct 13

United States

#117552 Nov 20, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
We know about your idea of love:
We know how it involves your creating a gigantic torture pit and filling it with demons. Then forcing people to spend eternity in the pit suffering agonising tortures.
Your definition of love needs to be worked on.
Hey 4 posers went to their demise yesterday!

One she was so bad her horrible leader absorbed her then to convince me of her ugliness dissatisfaction she exhibited her grumble face and ofcourse I needed to show that to some one for verification and confirmed. Then one saw evidence of Lamb of God and ignored everything then prior to these proceedings one other one enjoyed so much her delicious life she found the end rather final, then I saw 2nd death dive into the abbess.to recoup to the end the prayer was up in smoke of the one under the Holy Comforter.

Tell me about it Hard day at work I think

Since: Sep 13

United States of America

#117553 Nov 20, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>

I did not name any fools in my post ,obviously you felt it may apply to you.
Oh but you have named in previous post, as well as lied, and If I'm not mistaken your obsession of your god falls rather similar to that of idolizing, and let's not forget all your slanderous comments!

If the show fits, wear it!

United States

#117554 Nov 20, 2013
Read.your bible!!!

United States

#117555 Nov 20, 2013
Read your Bible!!!

United States of America

#117556 Nov 20, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
You are an arrogant narcissistic fool .
So much for that lie of not naming anyone!
Ha!

United States of America

#117557 Nov 20, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Well ,after all is said and done , after all your efforts to avoid the issue, here is what your reality is.
You claim not to believe in the existence of God , you can try and sugar coat it ,but that is what you believe.
The proof of God's existence is lodged in your subconscious, from where try as you might , you can not dislodge him.
He is continuouly on your mind . You can't get away from him ,even for a day.
You claim is that God is a figment of our imagination and he is probably much more on your mind than mine.
It must be a terrible struggle that you face day after day,that which you claim does not exist is imbedded so deeply in your mind that you can not stop thinking about HIM.
No, far from it,I don't think you are getting a free ride.
You are in search of that which we have ,peace of mind , a sense of Community, able to provide for those in need , a church where apart from their teachings at home,our children can be taught about morals and where we joyfully praise our God etal
So what happens, studies show that it is in search of those benefits that 20 to 25 % of atheists attend religious services.
It is in search of those benefits that atheists have started their own churches.... Their huge mistake and why they will fail,as their other attempts in the past have ,is that the only ingredient needed
to attain those benefits is GOD....
Not having the capacity to be originators , they will borrow from Christianity hoping to have the same results ,,,And who knows ,once they begin to fail ,someone may well say , Next Sunday ,everyboby bring their bible , see if we can find a solution in there.
BTW that apt description of your nose is more than I wanted to know about you....
A nose like that can only be found on those who have visited and entered UrAnus ,the planet from which Superior Beings removed your ancestors as being unfit and dumped them off here.
You are reprehensible...You try and take your 'square' religion and force it into the "rounds" of Scientific practices...which cannot be done. As I stated earlier...There is no peer reviewed paper to proclaim Intelligent Design to be a working, testable or tangible theory. Creationist are constantly trying to figure out ways to introduce their Judeo-Christian God as the supernatural, super intelligent being, as of yet, they have failed on every level.
Do tell us why you are feverishly trying to prove such a thing?
Why are you constantly coming up with different avenues to try and say the same thing? It is not the Scientist's burden to prove existence but rather yours.
Scientist are satisfied with what answers are given at present, but still work diligently to improve that which has already been proven.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#117558 Nov 20, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
So much for that lie of not naming anyone!
Ha!
Ya got me You are an arrogant narcissistic fool and there are quite a few others ,double and triple monikers notwithstanding.
If the description twinges your conscience ,take the twinge as incontrovertible evidence
TIIIIIMBERRRRRRRRRRRRRR

United States of America

#117559 Nov 20, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya got me You are an arrogant narcissistic fool and there are quite a few others ,double and triple monikers notwithstanding.
If the description twinges your conscience ,take the twinge as incontrovertible evidence
TIIIIIMBERRRRRRRRRRRRRR
I find it so hilarious that you were led like a child right down the path HF wanted you to go and you have the audacity to call others the fool....lolololol, you're a riot!
Thanks for the laughs

United States of America

#117561 Nov 20, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
TIIIIIMBERRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Caution !!!^^^^
Diversionary Tactic , and Multi Moniker's Tactic in use above!

{laughing}
Typical 'curious' behavior
curious

Ocoee, FL

#117562 Nov 20, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
You are reprehensible...You try and take your 'square' religion and force it into the "rounds" of Scientific practices...which cannot be done. As I stated earlier...There is no peer reviewed paper to proclaim Intelligent Design to be a working, testable or tangible theory. Creationist are constantly trying to figure out ways to introduce their Judeo-Christian God as the supernatural, super intelligent being, as of yet, they have failed on every level.
Do tell us why you are feverishly trying to prove such a thing?
Why are you constantly coming up with different avenues to try and say the same thing? It is not the Scientist's burden to prove existence but rather yours.
Scientist are satisfied with what answers are given at present, but still work diligently to improve that which has already been proven.
I like your tactics ,I post someone ,then another moniker responds to muy post ,attempting to chang the topic.
Your many weaknesses are obvious ,smoklescreens and stinkbombs are your only remedies.
You guys need to come together and form a cohesive strategy.

Anyhow , I do not have to prove anything to anyone but My God.
He has proved himself to me, the evidence has been tested and found to have a rocksolid foundation.
In all the nonsense and giberish you all have submitted, nothing has been presented that would even cause me to remotely reconsider.
Not so with you Atheists.
You claim there is No God. You claim there Is no ID in the creation of man , It is all caused by an accident or some unexplained natural means.

Then it starts to become evident that this 1st self replicating cell that you all worship,the possibilities that it was created by an accident or natural means are astronomical.
That information has shaken the foundations of your faith and your Horsemen of Atheism ,2 of them have come up lame.
Now we are hearing that yes ,ID is a possibility.
There is a possibility that a Supernatural Civilization created the human race and brought us here.
Well ,since we are made of the dust from the ground ,why can't it be that this Supernatural being or beings simply came down and made us right here.
In any event,what I find is that far from being shaken , my faith is being strengthened..And rightfully so.

Let me ask you this, the fact that 2 die hard atheists are now willing to concede that ID could be responsible for creation and explain how this may have occured in effect , conceding that Supernatural or Superintelligent beings would be the Causing agent,are they not alluding to some kind of GOD?
Maybe they will call them the Zeusians or Thorians,
We will call Him,I am that I am , for it is he that is the causing agent.
And what Scientists have already proven is that they have absolutely no explanation as to how ,life ,intelligence and consciousness can be attained by natural or accidental means.
The odds against life occuring in such fashion are ASTRONOMICAL.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#117563 Nov 20, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I am real. There isn't any evidence that the Noachian flood was. There is no evidence that the Tower of Babel, the dispersion of humans and the sundering of languages were.
Yet, your venomous quips and deriding demeanor are well evidenced, and the general thrust of your Tea Party that Economic Might Makes Right demonstrates anything but love for your fellow man - and I don't see how sequestering and cloistering wealth has anything to do with being constructive
BTW, I'm not on the 'taxpayers' time', so I don't see how it's even relevant to the discussion - except to further illustrate your political paranoia and prejudice.
Strike 1-Floods etc have already been discussed, not going there again.

Strike 2-I don't have a "Tea Party" that thrusts anything-and if I did it sure wouldn't be any kind of proganda advocating any sort of "entitlemental attitude" to anyone else's ANYTHING.

Strike 3-Too bad for YOU, if YOU cannot accept that not all voters, vote BLINDLY according to some damn ignorant LABEL, rather than basing decisions on PRINCIPLES. And based upon such, that would then make YOU the politically paranoid and prejudice one-NOT me!

And good luck with that--some of us wouldn't trade our Freedom of RIGHTS to do so, for any amount of anything!!
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#117564 Nov 20, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
You've slipped into that dark place in your mind again, Sista.
Pull yourself together and come back to the light.
I never left it!
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#117565 Nov 20, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
No wonder you're confused.
Projection much?

United States of America

#117566 Nov 20, 2013
Truth wrote:
I'm going to take a wild guess and say half of u guys worship the low life satin and the other half r the dummies that DON'T BELIEVE. Haha u guys r morons
``Nice example of a brain on drugs!

lol
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#117567 Nov 20, 2013
Question wrote:
"The Catholic version of the Bible contains all of the books found in the KJV plus 14 books and some extra chapters of Ruth that Protestants have removed from the Cannon. All of these books are in the Old Testament and were originally included in the King James translation. The Roman Catholic Lectionary (the scripture that is read in all Catholic Churches on a given day is the same and the Lectionary is a book that has it organized in the proper reading order) uses the New American Bible translation in America. The actual official Bible of the Church is the Biblia Sacra Vulgata as translated into Latin by St. Jerome about a thousand years ago. In America the second choice of most Catholics for the English translation is the New Jerusalem Bible."
The parts that are not in the King James Version of the Bible are anathema to many Protestants, particularly Evangelicals.
Now, I repeat AGAIN, how are you going to balance between Roman Catholic parents who want their Children to study the Catholic version and Protestant Evangelical parents who insist that the King James Bible is the only real legitimate Bible?
There's a difference between additional literary and/or "customary dogma" and a Bible.

And besides, if you actually READ the article, it wasn't promoting "church attendance" or even "teaching the Bible"

....an elective course on the "Bible's literary structure and its influence on "literature, art, music, mores, oratory, and public policy."

HINT: STRUCTURE, as in writing styles. INFLUENCES on literature (MANY) ART:(Ex: The Last Supper) Music (Types of-sonnets, gospel etc) Public Policy (Civil laws and their origins)etc.

How much PLAINER, could the the ACTUAL wording have been?

United States of America

#117568 Nov 20, 2013
I repeat... What Evidence??? You've yet to show any, except you believe......that is not a testable, plausible, or tangible theory.

If you don't have to prove it, then why continue here..why argue it is proof and not present any?

No those 2 did not concede of ID {meaning Judeo-Christian God} could be responsible... you best read again!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
s&m gro 1 hr Humm 14
Barbourville internet 1 hr yo yo 12
sabrina corey 1 hr Ralph 19
linda 2 hr Archangel Oger 5
Confederate flags 2 hr Let em fly 6
The Oven Mitt 3 hr Yea 41
ford Collett shot 4 hr Asap 18
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE