Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,107

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story
Believer

Lexington, KY

#117331 Nov 18, 2013
They are afraid it just might help the children to grow up to be honest good people who help and love others.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#117332 Nov 18, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, so you do not wish for explanations of how life evolved to the point of our intelligence, you wish to go back to point one, who created god?
You keep going around and around posting excuses and making yourself dizzy , hoping to do the same to me.
Again ,evolution attempts to explain the mechanics of how life,intelligence and consciousness may have evolved,it does fails to provide a creating agent. You say that a creating agent is not known ,if a creating agent is not known , then how can you claim it wasn't God?
Because you don't believe in him? You have no evidence , natural OR personal by which you can verify that claim.
All you can base it on is your faith of unbelief, which would imply that since you do not believe that ID is the causing agent,
then it must have been caused by a nonliving,nonintelligent and nonconscious nonforce...Natural laws...
That being the only other alternative , which you dare not claim because of it's absurdity,,,So you hide behind " It is not known"
but I don't believe it was God.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#117333 Nov 18, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you obsess on people like Dawkins while simultaneously obsessing on the whacked out notion that theology is in any way representative of reality? I'd not be a bit surprised if you had a whole bookshelf of Astrologies of the Rich and Famous. Have you had a stroke or have you always had a penchant for blathering about celebrities and hokum?
I do not consider Richard Dawkins and Christopher Hitchens as celebrities , they are self confessed Atheists.
It is their blatherings and hokum that clearly demonstrate ther degree of foolishness.
Hitchens stated his VIEWS " Beliefs" that Earth is a dumping ground used by Superior beings , who created the human race ,found
them to be unfit to live in their world and dumped them here.
That is what he said,which he never disputed.
His fans have tried to explain what they believe he meant and have been unsuccessful in doing so , since they are merely guessing in order to explain the absurdity of that statement.
Dawkins now states that there is a probability that Mankind was "CREATED by a superior race also and that they brought us here.
Needless to say ,as an Atheist, which you claim you are not ,but your postings clearly indicate otherwise,what has been stated by 2 of the 4 self proclaimed horsemen of Atheism ,is blasphemy to those who share theirs AND YOUR FAITH.
Don't get upset with me for posting their views , If you have an issue with their views , take it up with them....
Well ,don't take it up with Hitchens , as he is not available, but if he were ,I amsure he would gladly admit the errors of his arrogance
curious

Ocoee, FL

#117334 Nov 18, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you obsess on people like Dawkins while simultaneously obsessing on the whacked out notion that theology is in any way representative of reality? I'd not be a bit surprised if you had a whole bookshelf of Astrologies of the Rich and Famous. Have you had a stroke or have you always had a penchant for blathering about celebrities and hokum?
Since you claim you know the Bible , I see you lacked the courage to correct that intentional deceptive tactics used by the mentally befuddled BRIT KhatruEca loca

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#117335 Nov 18, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you claim you know the Bible , I see you lacked the courage to correct that intentional deceptive tactics used by the mentally befuddled BRIT KhatruEca loca
The only ones I've noticed that are intentionally deceptive are the ones who claim the Bible is the inerrant word of the Holy Spirit. I understand that you liars for Jesus don't want to face the fact that you are mentally and morally deficient, But that isn't Darwin's, Dawkins', Hitchen's or Khatru's fault.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#117336 Nov 18, 2013
curious wrote:
Richard Dawkins on Intelligent Alien Design
May 2008, Conclusion added July 2013
Intelligent Alien Design? You can't be serious? Well actually I am. Richard Dawkins, one of the world's most famous champions of Darwin's Theory of Evolution and a staunch atheist, has recently been discussing thepossibility that life on Earth could be the result of advanced alien engineering.
Dawkins has said that he still believes that life most likely originated on earth, but he has also said than an alien designed start is an "intriguing possibility". Intelligent life, he has explained, could have evolved elsewhere in the universe according to modern Darwinian theory, and this intelligent life could have eventually learned to engineer new life, and an engineered seed could then have ended up on earth and subsequently evolved into to all the life found here today.
Dawkins appears quite serious about the possibility of Intelligent Alien Design and has mentioned it on a number of occasions. From a recent documentary called "Expelled" we have:
BEN STEIN: What do you think is the possibility that Intelligent Design might turn out to be the answer to some issues in genetics or in evolution?
DAWKINS: Well, it could come about in the following way. It could be that at some earlier time, somewhere in the universe, a civilization evolved, probably by some kind of Darwinian means, probably to a very high level of technology, and designed a form of life that they seeded onto perhaps this planet. Now, um, now that is a possibility, and an intriguing possibility. And I suppose it's possible that you might find evidence for that if you look at the details of biochemistry, molecular biology, you might find a signature of some sort of designer.
Humans designed by aliens?

Still far more likely than your preferred method of being magicked into existence by one or more cosmic mega-beings.

Nottingham, UK

#117337 Nov 18, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Khatru , your lying deceptive ways are confirmed by yur intentional omission of what Paul said regarding righteousness;
(Romans 3:10-26 )(New International Version)
10 As it is written:
“There is no one righteous, not even one;
11 there is no one who understands;
there is no one who seeks God.
12 All have turned away,
they have together become worthless;
there is no one who does good,
not even one.”[a]
13 “Their throats are open graves;
their tongues practice deceit.”[b]
“The poison of vipers is on their lips.”[c]
14 “Their mouths are full of cursing and bitterness.”[d]
15 “Their feet are swift to shed blood;
16 ruin and misery mark their ways,
17 and the way of peace they do not know.”[e]
18 “There is no fear of God before their eyes.”[f]
19 Now we know that whatever the law says, it says to those who are under the law, so that every mouth may be silenced and the whole world held accountable to God. 20 Therefore no one will be declared righteous in God’s sight by the works of the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of our sin.
Righteousness Through Faith
21 But now apart from the law the righteousness of God has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify. 22 This righteousness is given through faith in[g] Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference between Jew and Gentile, 23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. 25 God presented Christ as a sacrifice of atonement,[h] through the shedding of his blood—to be received by faith. He did this to demonstrate his righteousness, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished— 26 he did it to demonstrate his righteousness at the present time, so as to be just and the one who justifies those who have faith in Jesus.
Footnotes:
Romans 3:12 Psalms 14:1-3; 53:1-3; Eccles. 7:20
Romans 3:13 Psalm 5:9
Romans 3:13 Psalm 140:3
Romans 3:14 Psalm 10:7 (see Septuagint)
Romans 3:17 Isaiah 59:7,8
Romans 3:18 Psalm 36:1
Romans 3:22 Or through the faithfulness of
Romans 3:25 The Greek for sacrifice of atonement refers to the atonement cover on the ark of the covenant (see Lev. 16:15,16).
Hmmm, I make three separate posts about the bible and you only take issue with one of them.

I guess you agree with the other two.

The extra bits you added on are quite wrong as the Bible makes it clear that we're judged by our works. Faith (pretending to know something you don't) isn't relevant.

Nottingham, UK

#117338 Nov 18, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Brit?

What difference does it make where I'm from?

Is this yet another example of your hatred?

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

#117339 Nov 18, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
"Exactly"..how much time elapsed from the beginning of the BB theory, to the completion of it?
At least you got the answer right for a change lol.
I can answer that ....

"how much time elapsed from the beginning of the BB theory, to the completion of it?"

SO far between 14 and 20 Billion years is our best estimate... But we can't be more specific until the BB stops....

But the question is flawed since it asks for how long an event happened during the event happening... That's like a drag racer asking how long his run took just after he leaves the line while his foot is on the accelerator ....

Nottingham, UK

#117340 Nov 18, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not consider Richard Dawkins and Christopher Hitchens as celebrities , they are self confessed Atheists.
It is their blatherings and hokum that clearly demonstrate ther degree of foolishness.
Hitchens stated his VIEWS " Beliefs" that Earth is a dumping ground used by Superior beings , who created the human race ,found
them to be unfit to live in their world and dumped them here.
That is what he said,which he never disputed.
His fans have tried to explain what they believe he meant and have been unsuccessful in doing so , since they are merely guessing in order to explain the absurdity of that statement.
Dawkins now states that there is a probability that Mankind was "CREATED by a superior race also and that they brought us here.
Needless to say ,as an Atheist, which you claim you are not ,but your postings clearly indicate otherwise,what has been stated by 2 of the 4 self proclaimed horsemen of Atheism ,is blasphemy to those who share theirs AND YOUR FAITH.
Don't get upset with me for posting their views , If you have an issue with their views , take it up with them....
Well ,don't take it up with Hitchens , as he is not available, but if he were ,I amsure he would gladly admit the errors of his arrogance
What you consider them and what they are are two different things.

Your inane ramblings clearly show the hatred generated by your faith (that's pretending to know something you don't).

Just think how hateful it would sound if I said that I didn't consider someone a celebrity because they were a Christian. Unlike you, I am not so hateful - you can put that down to my lack of religion

All sorts of people are celebrities irrespective of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion or no religion, etc.

Become a Christian and be defined by your hate....

“See how you are?”

Earth

#117341 Nov 18, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Brit?
What difference does it make where I'm from?
Is this yet another example of your hatred?

He routinely picks sides and thinks he's scoring points. We know his thinker is on the fritz.
Haven't you noticed his combative tribal proclivities and preferences? Christian vs. atheist, American vs. British, superstitious vs. rational, opinion vs. reality, quote mine vs. context, faith & believers vs. science & scientists, mythology vs. history, religiousness vs. morality, demented versus sane,...

“See how you are?”

Earth

#117342 Nov 18, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
I can answer that ....
"how much time elapsed from the beginning of the BB theory, to the completion of it?"
SO far between 14 and 20 Billion years is our best estimate... But we can't be more specific until the BB stops....
But the question is flawed since it asks for how long an event happened during the event happening... That's like a drag racer asking how long his run took just after he leaves the line while his foot is on the accelerator ....
Technically (and because she's a wiseass), she didn't ask about the Big Bang, she asked about the >theory<. Since it was proposed in 1931, that makes it 82+ years and counting.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#117343 Nov 18, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
The only ones I've noticed that are intentionally deceptive are the ones who claim the Bible is the inerrant word of the Holy Spirit. I understand that you liars for Jesus don't want to face the fact that you are mentally and morally deficient, But that isn't Darwin's, Dawkins', Hitchen's or Khatru's fault.
your innate desire to be deceived is confirmed by your inane rantings.
Since you have NO foundation for your moral code,other than, anything goes if it makes you feel good , then you are the least qualified to judge moral values "you should not judge that which is alien to you"
That is why Witchetty can claim she has never done anything for which she need be ashamed. Only someone whose moral code has no shame can make such a self serving and outrageous statement.
Those who have no shame have no reason to feel shame. To have the unmitigated gall to call themselves "decent persons" based on their
empty and banal Moral code is an insult to even the lowest form of intelligence....

Seems that type of behaviour is readily acceptable to Atheists.

Nottingham, UK

#117344 Nov 18, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
He routinely picks sides and thinks he's scoring points. We know his thinker is on the fritz.
Haven't you noticed his combative tribal proclivities and preferences? Christian vs. atheist, American vs. British, superstitious vs. rational, opinion vs. reality, quote mine vs. context, faith & believers vs. science & scientists, mythology vs. history, religiousness vs. morality, demented versus sane,...
Yes, I have noticed that.

Deep down he realises the paucity of his arguments and how pretending to know something he doesn't know will always let him down.

Because of his self-perceived weaknesses, he feels the need to bolster his arguments by raising other hate-fuelled issues.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#117345 Nov 18, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm, I make three separate posts about the bible and you only take issue with one of them.
I guess you agree with the other two.
The extra bits you added on are quite wrong as the Bible makes it clear that we're judged by our works. Faith (pretending to know something you don't) isn't relevant.
Your mentally mangled English mind ,as those Of Dawkins and Hitchens are fountains of misinformation , deceit and cunning.
You are attempting to mine gold in a latrine.
The composition and stench of the nuggets you ae mining are convincing evidence of the illfounded basis for your faith

Nottingham, UK

#117346 Nov 18, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you have NO foundation for your moral code,other than, anything goes if it makes you feel good , then you are the least qualified to judge moral values "you should not judge that which is alien to you"
That is why Witchetty can claim she has never done anything for which she need be ashamed. Only someone whose moral code has no shame can make such a self serving and outrageous statement.
Those who have no shame have no reason to feel shame. To have the unmitigated gall to call themselves "decent persons" based on their
empty and banal Moral code is an insult to even the lowest form of intelligence....
No, you're wrong.

Amongst other things, your moral code means defending genocide and infanticide. It means you approve of the murder of homosexuals, as well as anyone else who wishes to exercise religious freedom.

Furthermore, you base your whole moral system on an unproveable supernatural being. Y and A has already demonstrated how he's prepared to kill for those morals.

You'll excuse me if I prefer the foundation of good solid non-belief for building my ethics. My morals can be based on verifiable common interests, known causes and known consequences.

Nottingham, UK

#117347 Nov 18, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Your mentally mangled English mind ,as those Of Dawkins and Hitchens are fountains of misinformation , deceit and cunning.
The composition and stench of the nuggets you ae mining are convincing evidence of the illfounded basis for your faith
Looking for gold in a latrine?

A nice analogy for a fruitless pursuit - that explains why I never find anything good in the Bible.

Despite what you say, the Bible clearly says that we are judged by our works.

"And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works."

Revelation 20:12

"And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works."

Revelation 20:13

Nottingham, UK

#117348 Nov 18, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way, you had the perfect opportunity to refute those other two posts I made.

You haven't

I'll still take it that you agree with what I said.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#117349 Nov 18, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I have noticed that.
Deep down he realises the paucity of his arguments and how pretending to know something he doesn't know will always let him down.
Because of his self-perceived weaknesses, he feels the need to bolster his arguments by raising other hate-fuelled issues.
Deep down he doesn't even realize he is addled and well on his way to senility.
His posts don't bring up issues, just his paranoia manifested through religious contentions.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#117350 Nov 18, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
WitW claims she has always tried to be a good person. That is an effort you have not demonstrated nor even laid claim to. You can claim to now, of course - except that your credibility is pretty well already shot through. For myself, I have never held to the philosophy that "if it feels good do it." You claim I have, which in turn means that you yet again bear false witness against your neighbor. Fancy that... <shrug>

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 6 min muletrain 7,163
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 9 min positronium 155,382
food stamps 1 hr not right 42
knox board of ed raising taxes 1 hr Enough said 118
Stealing from child's grave 1 hr not right 3
Girls at Flatlick Dolar General? 1 hr lolololol 16
Gary Martin 2 hr neighbor 2

Barbourville Jobs

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]