Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 166410 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Truth

Denver, CO

#117511 Nov 20, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I've always thought that lowlife satin was over-rated. Give me an honest pair of damnin blue jeans, any day.
I'm going to take a wild guess that you had to look up how to spell "morons."
Really that the best u got. Well u know what when I go to bed tonight I'm going to pray every demon out of ur body. GOD BLESS YOU
Truth

Denver, CO

#117512 Nov 20, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, that is a difference between us.
To the best of my ability, I do admit >when< I am wrong as well as when I do wrong, and I make serious efforts not to repeat those transgressions in the future. Are you going to convince me that perpetually telling untruths is the right and moral thing to do because your Yahweh/Jehovah/God/Allah wish for me to? Not likely.
I hope that u will find salvation before the end times when god comes and gets us Christians cause u seem like a strong person who will up hold ur belief I just wish it was the right belief and please find salvation god wants u. He loves u still no matter what. And I love u as well

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#117513 Nov 20, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen here jack. I'm guess u don't believe cause of the way u just said sky daddy. Can I ask u a question um how do u think that the world and everybody was made if there was no such thing as god in the book of genius it said god saw what he made and it was good. God created everything. And to hear people who have such a low life they have to start torching god cause believe me it does hurt him to hear u say stuff like u have about him. Would u ever say something like that to ur dad that's on earth. No I can answer that one for u. So y do it to ur Heavenly Father. The one person that says to fear me u don't fear. Well I have some news for u. God can kill u and then damn u to hell. Satin and men unearth can just kill u. So if I was u then I wouldn't be taking about him
Has anyone ever told you that you remind them of a football bat? Consider it done.
The only evidence you have for your every religious notion is held between the covers of one book, and that one book has >nothing< to corroborate it but itself - and it does a pss poor job of even that. You can say that you believe in it with all of your heart and soul, I say that you've deluded yourself hook line and sinker. You can berate me with your preachers' rhetoric, dogma and doctrine all that you want, but it doesn't change the point that I'm simply not superstitious. I can walk under ladders and behind black cats, spill salt, crack mirrors, step on cracks - and each of those actions is just as imperious as discussing God, Satan and fools, except that I have clear, sure and undeniable evidence that fools exist.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#117514 Nov 20, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope that u will find salvation before the end times when god comes and gets us Christians cause u seem like a strong person who will up hold ur belief I just wish it was the right belief and please find salvation god wants u. He loves u still no matter what. And I love u as well
Thank you for that kind sentiment, and be assured that I wish for you peace and I wish from you nothing more. I'm not ignorant of your viewpoint and faith and simply put, I choose not to be ignorant via them.
Historian

Cadiz, KY

#117515 Nov 20, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I've always thought that lowlife satin was over-rated. Give me an honest pair of damnin blue jeans, any day.
I'm going to take a wild guess that you had to look up how to spell "morons."
Satin is way over rated, even as bed sheets. You can't get any traction on the damn slick stuff.
Historian

Cadiz, KY

#117516 Nov 20, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
It's try being in the right religion like for instance pinicostal know that's a good church that religion has been the most believable religion in America so know just convert
What the hell is a "pinicostal"?

You're like most Protestant fundmentalists I know: a bigot too damned stupid to even know how to spell a religion that you recommend.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#117517 Nov 20, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep saying the same thing over and over... basically that you insanely believe your great invisible sky daddy won't throw you into his lake of eternal torture because you pucker up.
You don't have to be a sycophant to an imaginary being to be moral and ethical. The self-deceptive and self-righteous postings of liars for Jesus indicate that it may well even be counterproductive.
You are another one with no legs for your faith to stand on,

relegated to sending avalanches of smokescreens and nonsense ,hoping to bury from sight that which you can not defend.
THe Fact is That; Neither Atheism or Evolution provides a Foundation for moral conduct.
One is left to select at their will ,what is and what isn't morally acceptible , you pick and choose ,mix and mismatch according to your imperfect human nature.
The sunami of excuses that have been released in an attempt to justify Witchettys moral code have washed out to sea.
That code has no legs or foundation ,it is based on one's whims
not on anything else.
You can spin it but can't explain it.

curious

Winter Garden, FL

#117518 Nov 20, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Foolish one. The OT and NT are just books. Not covenants, not promises, not fulfillment, not divine.
The OT and NT are just books to those who have confirmed themselves as fools.

As an addict denies his addiction
As an alcoholic denies his alcoholism
So does a fool deny his God

“See how you are?”

Earth

#117519 Nov 20, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
The OT and NT are just books to those who have confirmed themselves as fools.
As an addict denies his addiction
As an alcoholic denies his alcoholism
So does a fool deny his God
Drugs and alcohol are similarly unimportant to the non-addict and non-alcoholic. From your stupor you deny that you have an addiction, and call those who are clean and sober fools.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#117520 Nov 20, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
You are another one with no legs for your faith to stand on,
relegated to sending avalanches of smokescreens and nonsense ,hoping to bury from sight that which you can not defend.
THe Fact is That; Neither Atheism or Evolution provides a Foundation for moral conduct.
One is left to select at their will ,what is and what isn't morally acceptible , you pick and choose ,mix and mismatch according to your imperfect human nature.
The sunami of excuses that have been released in an attempt to justify Witchettys moral code have washed out to sea.
not on anything else.
I've already addressed that a metaphysical superstition is unnecessary to provide a moral code of conduct. As well, you ignore the fact that what was acceptable during the time of Jesus would have you locked up today and that it wasn't that long ago that Christians in this country cited the story of Ham and Canaan as proof that God ordained non-white races to be slaves. I don't speak for WitW, but as far as your mocking a witch's morality, I would bet that there is a far and away smaller per capita percentage of Wiccans in prison than Christians.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#117521 Nov 20, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Drugs and alcohol are similarly unimportant to the non-addict and non-alcoholic. From your stupor you deny that you have an addiction, and call those who are clean and sober fools.
The fool can not explain from whence he came nor where he is going.
"I came from nothing and I am going to nothing."
" Nothing created me and nothing can help me."
" I was probably created by nonintelligent forces which I can not explain and possibly ,may have been created by that which I so vehemently deny , A superior being or beings who inhabits the sky"

They Came From Outer Space is replacing Evolution as their Faith.

It is small wonder that Atheists suffer from mental affliction ,much more so than anyone else?
Question

Cadiz, KY

#117522 Nov 20, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
It's try being in the right religion like for instance pinicostal know that's a good church that religion has been the most believable religion in America so know just convert
So then you are saying that there is to be only one officially authorized Bible that is studied in the schools - the one that you personally prefer.

I've got one thing to say to that: It will be a cold cold cold day in Hell when you get your way.

And if anybody tries to tell me that I have to allow my child to read one certain Bible and only one in school, I don't care which version it is, I will personally set fire to it and then shove it up that person's ass.
Truth

Hurley, VA

#117523 Nov 20, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Has anyone ever told you that you remind them of a football bat? Consider it done.
The only evidence you have for your every religious notion is held between the covers of one book, and that one book has >nothing< to corroborate it but itself - and it does a pss poor job of even that. You can say that you believe in it with all of your heart and soul, I say that you've deluded yourself hook line and sinker. You can berate me with your preachers' rhetoric, dogma and doctrine all that you want, but it doesn't change the point that I'm simply not superstitious. I can walk under ladders and behind black cats, spill salt, crack mirrors, step on cracks - and each of those actions is just as imperious as discussing God, Satan and fools, except that I have clear, sure and undeniable evidence that fools exist.
I'm guessing ur calling God a fool. I have really lost a lot of respect for u just then. The bible is not just a book. And second of all u put God in the same as bad luck myths. I am going to pray for u. And may God bless ur soul. He still loves u though
Truth

Hurley, VA

#117524 Nov 20, 2013
Historian wrote:
<quoted text>
What the hell is a "pinicostal"?
You're like most Protestant fundmentalists I know: a bigot too damned stupid to even know how to spell a religion that you recommend.

May god forgive ur soul I will pray for u. God bless you
Truth

Hurley, VA

#117525 Nov 20, 2013
Question wrote:
<quoted text>
So then you are saying that there is to be only one officially authorized Bible that is studied in the schools - the one that you personally prefer.
I've got one thing to say to that: It will be a cold cold cold day in Hell when you get your way.
And if anybody tries to tell me that I have to allow my child to read one certain Bible and only one in school, I don't care which version it is, I will personally set fire to it and then shove it up that person's ass.
I hope u don't set fire to a bible. And I made a mistake so please forgive me I hope u find salvation before its to late. No matter the religion

“See how you are?”

Earth

#117526 Nov 20, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
The fool can not explain from whence he came nor where he is going.
"I came from nothing and I am going to nothing."
" Nothing created me and nothing can help me."
" I was probably created by nonintelligent forces which I can not explain and possibly ,may have been created by that which I so vehemently deny , A superior being or beings who inhabits the sky"
They Came From Outer Space is replacing Evolution as their Faith.
It is small wonder that Atheists suffer from mental affliction ,much more so than anyone else?
What you don't understand you explain by myths. What you fear you mock with disinformation. You then accuse others of frailty for >honest< admissions of both the known and unknown as well as the discovered and undiscovered.
Reality is not your forte.

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#117527 Nov 20, 2013
curious wrote:
You are still avoiding the issue by changing the topic.
You don't have a leg to stand on in order to defend the Moral foundation of atheism or Evolution, because there is none
You really are thick as two short planks, aren't you? It seems that you can read OK but your faith has clearly made you unable to understand.

I've already told you that there are no morals to evolution yet you act like I haven't. I guess that's a dumb thing that fundies like you do.
Khatru wrote:
Why do you search the Theory of Evolution for some grand religious/philosophical meaning? You won't find it.

Scientific theories are neither moral or immoral - they just are. I don't look to evolutionary theory for moral guidance anymore than I look to gravitational theory. If you expect to find ethics in scientific theories then you're a bigger fool than you already come across as.
curious wrote:
The crutches that support the foundation of your faith are begining to crumble.
Judging by the plummeting number of believers, I'd say that you're the one with the problem.
curious wrote:
We claim one God and one Saviour ,Jesus Christ.
I think the real question is who has done the greatest redemptive work: Jesus or Rudolph?

True, Rudolph only got one song out of the deal, but his animated Christmas special is far superior to any of Jesus's. Plus, Rudolph has never sent anybody to hell and never will, unlike Jesus.
curious wrote:
We believe in no other ,nor do we make excuses in order to hedge our bets.
The Apostles of our Faith never wavered in their beliefs ,even unto death.
2 of your 4 horsemen have been forced ,by necessity , to start looking for other alternatives to creation.
Their Faith has been tested and found wanting , as is yours.
Whereas your Faith stated that ID was not the creator of life , that it was probably caused by accidental means , by nonintelligent ,nonliving and nomnconscious natural laws.
Well , that position has started to fold as the impossibility of life not needing a designer comes more into question.
So ,where are you and your Faith now.
That sky daddy or daddies that you mocked appears to be the same one to whom you now abscribe the possibility of being the creator.
" A Race of Superior Beings from somewhere in the sky."
Gee , you have any idea how they may have created us ,certainly not Abracadabra or magic , but by their superior intelligence ,would you say?
Only a fool can create a snare that will trap him and from which he cannot escape....
If you have no leg to stand on , do not enter into an(*) kicking contest.
Old Axiom , those with no legs can not kick
And only those with lips , can kiss.....If you catch my drift
Of course you make excuses, you,been doing it for each year of the last 2000 that your Jesus never returned like he said he would.

Dumb xtians, if they had any brains they'd know that INRI on the cross means "I'm not returning immediately".

And no, the sky daddy I mocked was the one that you claim for your man-made belief system. The one who uses magic.

Cambridge, UK

#117528 Nov 20, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
No Foolish one ,that is your misguided and intentionally deceiving opinion.
You know that the OT was a covenant between God and the Jews
The basis and the instructions of the covenant are clearly explained in the OT .
Christ came in order to fulfill the OT . He fulfilled the law and the prophets and by so doing he introduced a New Covenant or testament.
That New testament is the one I base my faith on.
So all your nonsense is based on your intentional ignorance , to which you want me to devote my time in explaining it to you.
And I would, if you were capable of grasping it's meaning.
You have shown that you have absolutely no ability to comprehend.
Covenant or no covenant.

The bible god still ordered his followers to carry out acts of genocide, kill homosexuals, kill people who exercise freedom of religion, etc.

Yet you refuse to condemn it.

I told you that your faith (that's pretending to know something you don't) means that you end up defending genocide and the killing of homosexuals and people of other religions.

I was right.

You've got no business talking about morals.

Cambridge, UK

#117529 Nov 20, 2013
curious wrote:
This from the guy who defends genocide and infanticide. Who approves of the murder of homosexuals, as well as anyone else who wishes to exercise religious freedom.
curious wrote:
Your hypocrisy is showing. Selecting your morals at will is exactly what you do. It's just the good bits, isn't it? The bits you've cherry-picked you've ignored the bits where people are stoned or mutilated for insane and trivial reasons.

The fact that you pick what you think are the good bits and ignore the bad bits is proof that you decide your morality.
curious wrote:
That's tsunami, not "sunami". The "t" is silent. I guess if you'd had a better education you'd have known that. Remember, that's a silent "t". Kind of like the silent "P" at the start of your real name. You hear what I'm saying, Rick?
curious wrote:
not on anything else.
"It must be quite galling for religious people to see atheists like me going about their business without a shred of guilt or self-loathing, and not in the least inclined to pray or to do penance of any kind, and not in the slightest bit worried about any form of eternal punishment.

I have to admit if I was religious I'd probably think to myself: "How come I've got all this weight on my shoulders while these bums are getting a free ride?" Condell

Remember, you have the right to remain silent because whatever you say will probably be stupid anyway.

Cambridge, UK

#117530 Nov 20, 2013
Here's some covert footage of curious making a move on a girl in the office....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jobeth hobeth 1 hr Guy 2
Unfaithful 5 hr Lady Love 11
eddie marsee (Dec '09) 6 hr Grow up 47
J dozier Dozier lane 7 hr Small town politics 1
Today Eclipse 7 hr MEH 2
beth smallwood 8 hr good staff 3
This Mornings Sun rise .... 8 hr Quantummist 3

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance