Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,050

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#116900 Nov 11, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL You hate me ,you made my day. You sound like a Muslim. Change your name to Mohammed El Dukkit.
Now , let me ask you something?
You believe in the Golden rule , or a version thereof.
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Your version of that rule ,by your own admission , is not based on biblical principles, but on your own personal beliefs,
Therefore , I take you at your word and apply that rule to you.
Treat others" you insult them" as you would like to be treated"you want to be insulted in return"
So , I am complying with your desires.
Make sense?
If you do not want to be insulted , then ,don't insult others.
Comprende
Why mention the Golden Rule?

It doesn't mean much to christians and it certainly didn't mean anything to the people who wrote your myths.

Nottingham, UK

#116901 Nov 11, 2013
Leaving the Light On wrote:
Take Control of Your Happiness
Relationships are a gift from God, but they can keep us from our destiny if they are out of balance. In this eye-opening message, Joel will teach you how to take inventory of your relationships and build healthy boundaries. Many people today are overextending themselves, trying to keep others happy by meeting all of their wishes and demands. But that doesn’t have to be you. Learn how to take charge of your life and surround yourself with those who build you up, not bring you down, so that you can become everything God has created you to be.
http://www.lightsource.com/ministry/joel-oste...
Joel Osteen?

He's the guy who said not to "swallow anything that Satan tries to ram down your throat because Jesus comes first."

That one had Y and A frothing at the mouth because he thought it was an obscene atheistic statement.

Imagine how foolish he felt when he realised it was a fellow christian who said it.

Christians say the funniest things.
PigBenis

Batavia, OH

#116902 Nov 11, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
You did an about face and went completely off topic.
You have "no doub that was his point", is based on the fact that you are unable to accept that the Apostle of your faith could reach such a conclusion unless his subconscious was wreaking havoc with his mind in order to lead him to the truth.
There is absolutely no evidence that Hitchens was attempting to make any other point than what he stated as his beliefs.
Again , you resort to wishful thinking ,and that from one who" relies on logic and Science.
I can not admit to something that is not true ,based on the opinions of someone who has demonstrated some lunatic tendencies and for which he offers reasons based on his MISUNDERSTANDING of the facts. You are trying to explain the Supernatural by natural means , something that not even Science dares to attempt.
BTW , I don't seek Atheism , I seek Atheists and try to set them on the right path.
You cannot set one on "the right path" without first proving the path is right. Not sure how much more clear us atheists can be on this. The burden of proof is not on us. You are making the positive claim.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#116903 Nov 11, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Christopher Hitchens?
Smarter than a cathedral full of believers and originator of the Hitchslap?
He ran rings around you whackjobs.
A wise man speaks because he has something to say;

A FOOL speaks because he has to say something

The village Idiot speaks and says nothing'
Thamks for NOTHING
curious

Ocoee, FL

#116904 Nov 11, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't mean much to christians and it certainly didn't mean anything to the people who wrote your myths.
The village idiot is on the loose and the Sheriff of Nottinhham is fast on his trail.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#116905 Nov 11, 2013
PigBenis wrote:
<quoted text>
You cannot set one on "the right path" without first proving the path is right. Not sure how much more clear us atheists can be on this. The burden of proof is not on us. You are making the positive claim.
You can lead a horse to water,but you can't make him drink

Those who thirst for the Lord are the ones I seek.

So far ,I have found none....My search continues

Nottingham, UK

#116906 Nov 11, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
You're not having much luck in here.

Better try somewhere else.

Check out the smackheads and meth addicts you'll do well with them.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#116907 Nov 11, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Then ,you are in complete disagreement with one of the main apostles of Atheism
Christopehr Hitchens
My own view is that this planet is used as a penal colony, lunatic asylum and dumping ground by a superior civilization, to get rid of the undesirable and unfit. I can't prove it, but you can't disprove it either. It happens to be my view, but it doesn't challenge any of the findings of Darwin or Huxley or Einstein or Hawking.
<shrug>
Obviously, you care a great deal more than I do about what Hitchens, Darwin, Huxley, Einstein, Hawking or Jesus himself thinks/thought about the fantasy of Christian doctrine. I'm just not intrigued by how many times someone is mentioned by religie and creatard bloggers. Sorry, I've never been much of a groupie. If you want to think that the Earth was populated by a Martian Boatlift, I'm not stopping you.
PigBenis

Batavia, OH

#116908 Nov 11, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Only Christians and closet Christians "thirst for the lord". What you seek is to change anyone who does not believe precisely what you do. This is what infuriates everyone outside of Christianity. Contrary to popular belief, your beliefs are respected. Your aggressive recruiting tactics? Not so much.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#116909 Nov 11, 2013
if you claim to be a Christian, you might try running that comment past a kind and decent Christian minister, who is not full of hate and superstition, if you can find one in your locality.
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL You hate me ,you made my day. You sound like a Muslim. Change your name to Mohammed El Dukkit.
Now , let me ask you something?
You believe in the Golden rule , or a version thereof.
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Your version of that rule ,by your own admission , is not based on biblical principles, but on your own personal beliefs,
Therefore , I take you at your word and apply that rule to you.
Treat others" you insult them" as you would like to be treated"you want to be insulted in return"
So , I am complying with your desires.
Make sense?
If you do not want to be insulted , then ,don't insult others.
Comprende
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#116910 Nov 11, 2013
PigBenis wrote:
<quoted text>
Only Christians and closet Christians "thirst for the lord". What you seek is to change anyone who does not believe precisely what you do. This is what infuriates everyone outside of Christianity. Contrary to popular belief, your beliefs are respected. Your aggressive recruiting tactics? Not so much.
actually, I suspect that any kind and decent Christian would also be infuriated by the tactics that commenter uses. one should not judge all Christians - not even all extreme conservative Christians - by this fellow. He is only typical of the noisy haters, superstitious, pushy ones who get the most attention in the media and who are most outspoken on topix. I feel sure many of my decent and kind and polite Christian friends would not approve of this guy.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#116911 Nov 11, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
That is called cause and effect, and it doesn't involve any karma or divine intervention and punishment.
No, I don't pitchfork and witchhunt at all. If I were inclined to do so, I'd be glued to the Faux news channel and btching and moaning with tea partiers about teachers being paid a living wage.
one thing the media does not state because they are so intent on not making enemies by telling the truth (among the many things they do not state for that reason). is that the extremists are almost entirely on the far right, in religion and politics. within the Democratic Party there were extremists years ago, and they were the rightwing Southern segregationist extremists - and there have been very few far left types within the Democratic party (often they are to the left of it and critical of it). These rightwing segregationist types have migrated to the Republican Party over the years since the FDR Administration, so that there are hardly any who use the title Democrat anymore.
The extremists in Christianity and in Islam are also mainly on the far right, not on the left.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#116912 Nov 11, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
I wish you would not generalize by using the term Christians - when I think you really do mean the rightwing version of Christian. and perhaps a few insensitive centrists who do not know what harm they do by not opposing the rightwing versions. of course the theology is nonsense, but they are not all evil folks - some try to have kind ethics, even despite some of the stuff in their Bible.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#116913 Nov 11, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Actually it is a myth that booze kills brain cells. But of course you believe myth over science, so I am wasting my breath, so to speak.
And again, I really think Hitchens was being sarcastic in this example. But don't let that stop you from diverting.
His point stands, his crazy hypothetical is no more evidenced based than your mythical crazy sounding god.
Don't even utter the word SCIENCE in your posts now Duquette....you just disgraced it.

Symptoms

A baby with fetal alcohol syndrome may have the following symptoms:

Poor growth while the baby is in the womb and after birth
Decreased muscle tone and poor coordination
Delayed development and problems in three or more major areas: thinking, speech, movement, or social skills
Heart defects such as ventricular septal defect (VSD) or atrial septal defect (ASD)

(U.S. National Library of Medicine - The World's Largest Medical Library)
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#116914 Nov 11, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Actually it is a myth that booze kills brain cells. But of course you believe myth over science, so I am wasting my breath, so to speak.
And again, I really think Hitchens was being sarcastic in this example. But don't let that stop you from diverting.
His point stands, his crazy hypothetical is no more evidenced based than your mythical crazy sounding god.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0...

and GET REAL.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#116915 Nov 11, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
That is called cause and effect, and it doesn't involve any karma or divine intervention and punishment.
No, I don't pitchfork and witchhunt at all. If I were inclined to do so, I'd be glued to the Faux news channel and btching and moaning with tea partiers about teachers being paid a living wage.
Well bless your heart.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#116916 Nov 11, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Careful now.
Best stop jumping up and down like that as your muffin is generating flurries of yeast and lice that are accumulating in snowdrifts on your feet.
More delusions?

“See how you are?”

Earth

#116917 Nov 11, 2013
havent forgotten wrote:
<quoted text> one thing the media does not state because they are so intent on not making enemies by telling the truth (among the many things they do not state for that reason). is that the extremists are almost entirely on the far right, in religion and politics. within the Democratic Party there were extremists years ago, and they were the rightwing Southern segregationist extremists - and there have been very few far left types within the Democratic party (often they are to the left of it and critical of it). These rightwing segregationist types have migrated to the Republican Party over the years since the FDR Administration, so that there are hardly any who use the title Democrat anymore.
The extremists in Christianity and in Islam are also mainly on the far right, not on the left.
That is all well and true, but good luck citing history to a right wing extremist - I've tried it in the political threads. According to that crowd everyone left of center is a member of PETA, the ACLU, the NAACP, ACORN, and a full half-dozen labor unions and is stockpiling TNT in their CRA paid for garages to take out BP for the EPA. They seem to think that feeding hungry children is communism and that feeding hungry millionaires is Christian. Even if you get them to grudgingly accept some smidgen of reality, by the next week or two they'll have forgotten and be back to hootin' and hollerin' on the rhetoric railroad.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#116918 Nov 11, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Well bless your heart.
Thanks. Didn't you say you are a former teacher? Keep an eye on YaA - I suspect he'd try to burn you at the stake just because you might get a pension.

Since: Sep 13

United States of America

#116919 Nov 11, 2013
The problem I see with Curious is he falls into that familiar category thinking Atheist are inherently evil. Why? Because he is scared of atheists, thinking they have no ethics or morals. Some people feel morals come from the Bible or religious beliefs. Neither of these are necessarily true, morals and ethics can be derived from any number of sources.

I posted some studies that was conducted by Phil Zuckerman concerning atheist vs. Christians on several different subjects. Dr Zuckerman was able to show atheists are less prejudice, less anti-Semitic, less racist, less ethnocentric, less close-minded, and less authoritative.
Somehow, all those studies fall on ignorance, because Curious refuses to acknowledge those as fact.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 min Le Jimbo 153,777
Just hearing 6 min lisa 7
A Rat In Knox County 16 min facts 13
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 18 min Commietator 5,222
Salon perfection 2 hr bobber 1
Rick Ayers 3 hr Lol 5
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 4 hr Bill 26,279
Barbourville high school salaries WOW Thu John boy 21
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
•••