Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 148414 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#117129 Nov 15, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>No!
I Love God with all my heart...
He stopped me from being like you... Stupid!
Thank you Father God, for your Gift of a Savior!
Thank You Jesus for suffering, and dying the death
I deserved!
God is Good!
He saved me, and He can save you too!
Get to know Him personally, not what other haters say!
If you love your god then you love an abortionist.
Yes and Amen

Versailles, KY

#117130 Nov 15, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>We have been over most of this, so I am going to focus upon one we have no discussed, at least recently. Consciousness. Now you claim non intelligence can not create intelligence.
First, that would assume you know all that can be known.
Evolution can account for a brain evolving. When it evolves to a certain size, it looks as if the mind is able to be of a conscious point that the being knows itself. There are different stages of this, and many apes pass what is known as the "mirror test".
Human children cannot pass this test until a certain age. I would have to look up that age, as I am writing this from memory.
I hope you would actually look it up yourself and see what science does know about the brain and consciousness. It knows a lot more than many think. I am sure you could still find some gaps in the knowledge that you can insert your god into, so do not be afraid to look.
Really???
You post this in one sentence...
"First, that would assume you know all that can be known."
and this in the next...
"Evolution can account for a brain evolving."....
Here is something WE know without a doubt...
God is REAL!

That makes ALL of your Assumptions invalid!

Cambridge, UK

#117131 Nov 15, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
According to curious, the things that created Earth and molecules - stars, chemical bonds, static charges and gravity are all "magic." It would certainly seem that this places his God in the same tophat Bullwinkle used.
Lol

Despite what curious thinks we are actually on are own. Furthermore, magic is for children, not adults.

If a god or witch were to do magic or miracles, it would negate the free will that we all have and go against the laws of physics that curious believes were implemented by his god. Well, they would if the god that curious believes in actually existed.

I know curious won't like it but we live in a natural animal world. We certainly don't have our freedoms and choices usurped by magical gods and demons.

Cambridge, UK

#117132 Nov 15, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<
Here is something WE know without a doubt...
God is REAL!
Ah, so you're no different from the Muslims, Jews, Hindus, Sikhs, Zoroastrians, Taoists, etc.

All claiming that their god(s) is/are real and all unable to provide any convincing evidence.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#117133 Nov 15, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, so you're no different from the Muslims, Jews, Hindus, Sikhs, Zoroastrians, Taoists, etc.
All claiming that their god(s) is/are real and all unable to provide any convincing evidence.
No, he's different than those. Christian fundamentalism sets the bar for Creation Crazies.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#117134 Nov 15, 2013
Well..."atheist" has an a,t,t in it.
We all know that "att" drops calls.
And a "magicjack" phone has the word magic.

Therefore god exists.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#117135 Nov 15, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
Well..."atheist" has an a,t,t in it.
We all know that "att" drops calls.
And a "magicjack" phone has the word magic.
Therefore god exists.
There is a scientific formula to prove the existence of God.

The Holy and Revered word "Christianity" is worth twice as many points (20!!!) in Scrabble than the wretched loathsome word "atheist" is (a miserably inferior pathetic 10).
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#117136 Nov 15, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
No doubt as real as the drug-induced hallucinations are to Y&A
<quoted text>
Are you a YEC? DO you believe that the world is only 6000 years old? If so, then there's plenty of evidence.
<quoted text>
Scientists who do not ultimately go with their findings are not scientists.
<quoted text>
Neither is the idea of yours or indeed, anyone else's gods
<quoted text>
Actually, the Bible contradicts itself (it always does that) as it also claims that your god hasn't always been around.
"Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me." - Isaiah 43:10-
There you have it - from the head honcho himself. He clearly refers to a time before him when he wasn't around and also a time after him when he won't be around.
<quoted text>
We have, you say something can't come from nothing so that negates your god.
<quoted text>
I don't accept that there has always been a god. Do you accept that the universe has always existed?
<quoted text>
You're filling in the gaps with superstition and myth.
<quoted text>
Ah yes, it's now clear to me that you know all there is to know and that there's nothing more for you to learn
<quoted text>
Laws are the descriptions we give to observable phenomena.
Even you must see that there are probably an near infinite number of laws that we are still to define.
I've suggested that if you disagreed with what I posted,you or anyone else, that you provide an alternatice explanation as to how those events might have occured.
You ,nor Chroe , Duquetee ,Witchetty,or Lodi ,have been able to do so.
You have limited yourselves to submitting excuses, because, as Atheists , you have no other choice.
You do not have an alternative view to propose, other than to deny by any means and attempt to attribute creation to an accident which you are totally unable and incapable of explaining.
You can only appeal to laws , known and unknown,that may have caused these events.
But we all know that laws are not creators , so that excuse falls into the realm of deaperation , not reality.
Such is the case with the debate held by John lennox and the Atheist Scientist , Peter Atkins , where Atkins , unable to give an explanation for creation by natural means , went as far as to say that, if Science proved unable to demonstrate that creation was caused by natural means, he would still insist that creation does not need an intelligent designer.
Hitchens,as I remember correctly in a debate with William Lane Craig , was given 7 minutes to explain his views on creation by natural means , he forfeited his 7 minutes and did not address the question.
You ,in your foolishness, without any knowledge of the facts , are ignorant enough to claim that my personal experiences with God are a hallucination.
Let me remind you that, it is you Atheists who have claimed to be intelligent and superior debaters,certainly not evidenced by anything any of you have posted.
The bottom line is that you have no explanation as to how nonconsciousness can attain unto consciousness by it's own power,how nonlife can attain life of it's own power and nonintelligence can attain intelligence of it's own power.
Neither can you explain how these events can occur by natural means " natural laws"
Now, one can believe what he wants and can base their beliefs on excuses , wishful thinking and that which is impossible,
I do not have the Faith to base my beliefs on that type of foundation....
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#117137 Nov 15, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
That publication does not show the Killing of brain cells in Adults, damage but not killing.
Can't you fundies admit when you've been proven wrong?
Let me guess---you are one of the ones that were part of the brain damaged groups being studied.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#117138 Nov 15, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
For the record, I believe I said YaA burned out brain cells - not killed them, and there has been nothing to posted that addresses street drugs.
vs ?

What the 30's-40's had on now a days-stuff like asprin still worked sufficiently.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#117139 Nov 15, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
vs ?
What the 30's-40's had on now a days-stuff like asprin still worked sufficiently.
Try to stay relevant, Sista. No one was talking about NSAIDs, asprin is not a street drug, and methamphetamine is not an analgesic.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#117140 Nov 15, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I've suggested that if you disagreed with what I posted,you or anyone else, that you provide an alternatice explanation as to how those events might have occured.
You ,nor Chroe , Duquetee ,Witchetty,or Lodi ,have been able to do so.
You have limited yourselves to submitting excuses, because, as Atheists , you have no other choice.
You do not have an alternative view to propose, other than to deny by any means and attempt to attribute creation to an accident which you are totally unable and incapable of explaining.
You can only appeal to laws , known and unknown,that may have caused these events.
But we all know that laws are not creators , so that excuse falls into the realm of deaperation , not reality.
Such is the case with the debate held by John lennox and the Atheist Scientist , Peter Atkins , where Atkins , unable to give an explanation for creation by natural means , went as far as to say that, if Science proved unable to demonstrate that creation was caused by natural means, he would still insist that creation does not need an intelligent designer.
Hitchens,as I remember correctly in a debate with William Lane Craig , was given 7 minutes to explain his views on creation by natural means , he forfeited his 7 minutes and did not address the question.
You ,in your foolishness, without any knowledge of the facts , are ignorant enough to claim that my personal experiences with God are a hallucination.
Let me remind you that, it is you Atheists who have claimed to be intelligent and superior debaters,certainly not evidenced by anything any of you have posted.
The bottom line is that you have no explanation as to how nonconsciousness can attain unto consciousness by it's own power,how nonlife can attain life of it's own power and nonintelligence can attain intelligence of it's own power.
Neither can you explain how these events can occur by natural means " natural laws"
Now, one can believe what he wants and can base their beliefs on excuses , wishful thinking and that which is impossible,
I do not have the Faith to base my beliefs on that type of foundation....
So basically, your well thought out and concise evaluation is,
yada yada atheists yada apologist disinformation yada yada pseudoscience yada yada more bovine excrement yada yada reality is for losers yada vitriol yada God loves me more than he does you nya-nya yada yada I don't understand diddly crap and you can't make me yada yada....
You already say that months ago, why do you feel it necessary to be so repetitive?
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#117141 Nov 15, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Theory? Not believing in something there is no evidence for is not a theory. Neither is believing in something that there is no evidence for.
<quoted text>
Give it time. After all, it took your creator billions of years before he created life on earth.
<quoted text>
Isn't it great that we now refer to the "Laws of Physics" as opposed to the "Laws of God"? That's how people used to frame them - science has put paid to that silliness.
<quoted text>
You can't assume that human terms like purpose, order, first cause, design, good, evil, etc have anything to do with how we describe our cosmology. It's wholly ridiculous and only for addled brains.
<quoted text>
Selecting one creation myth from hundreds of others is hardly an explanation.
Your futile efforts to avoid presenting YOUR VIEW as to how creation occurred , because you have no plausible view to present , has led you to the only alternative available to you ,which is , tossing red herrings ,smokescreens and stinkbombs.
So much for those who self proclaimed themselves to be highly intelligent and skillful Atheist debaters.
And,so there is no mistaking as to whom I am reffering to, You,Chroe, MD , lodi and Witchetty.... LOL will not be included in this group...He is,if one can imagine it, on a much lower scale.
Reminds me of the one whose brain sought asylum in a mental ward,that being Skeptakal Spektakals.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#117142 Nov 15, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol
Despite what curious thinks we are actually on are own. Furthermore, magic is for children, not adults.
If a god or witch were to do magic or miracles, it would negate the free will that we all have and go against the laws of physics that curious believes were implemented by his god. Well, they would if the god that curious believes in actually existed.
I know curious won't like it but we live in a natural animal world. We certainly don't have our freedoms and choices usurped by magical gods and demons.
Again , you are using red herrings and stinkbombs as a subterfuge.
Those tactics will not get you out of the mess that your minds have gotten you into.
Self proclaiming yourselves to be wise has led you all into a headlong charge into the land of foolishness , from which you are unable to extract yourselves.
Take up the challenge , if you dare.
No more stinkbombs or Red Herrings....State your positions in clear terms.
Don't hide behind subterfuges as the Atheist Scientist , Peter Atkins did in his debate with John Lennox and as Christppher Hitchens attempted to do with Williamm Craig.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#117143 Nov 15, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
So basically, your well thought out and concise evaluation is,
yada yada atheists yada apologist disinformation yada yada pseudoscience yada yada more bovine excrement yada yada reality is for losers yada vitriol yada God loves me more than he does you nya-nya yada yada I don't understand diddly crap and you can't make me yada yada....
You already say that months ago, why do you feel it necessary to be so repetitive?
Well , there you have provided us with another red herring.
I would assume that, since you mention bovine crap and diddly crap,
you must be describing the plate set before you at the dinner table

“See how you are?”

Earth

#117144 Nov 15, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Again , you are using red herrings and stinkbombs as a subterfuge.
Those tactics will not get you out of the mess that your minds have gotten you into.
Self proclaiming yourselves to be wise has led you all into a headlong charge into the land of foolishness , from which you are unable to extract yourselves.
Take up the challenge , if you dare.
No more stinkbombs or Red Herrings....State your positions in clear terms.
Don't hide behind subterfuges as the Atheist Scientist , Peter Atkins did in his debate with John Lennox and as Christppher Hitchens attempted to do with Williamm Craig.
So Lennox is curious' hero of quote mining and bias confirmation, while Craig is his champion of circular logic. Anything that is not inside his circle of self-deceit must be a free range herring swimming in the smoke. <shrug>

“See how you are?”

Earth

#117145 Nov 15, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Well , there you have provided us with another red herring.
I would assume that, since you mention bovine crap and diddly crap,
you must be describing the plate set before you at the dinner table
Just pointing out that you use a lot of words to season your insanity. You may take it with a grain of salt that if you'd served anything better than apologist nightsoil with delusion sauce and a side of paranoia poo-ree, I might rate you a better epicurean.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#117146 Nov 15, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Just pointing out that you use a lot of words to season your insanity. You may take it with a grain of salt that if you'd served anything better than apologist nightsoil with delusion sauce and a side of paranoia poo-ree, I might rate you a better epicurean.
Another stink bomb as a subterfuge. Epicureanating is not the topic being discussed.
The debilitated debating abilities of those who have self proclaimed themselves as being intelligent debaters is slowly coming apart and will soon join the fantasy world of Humpty Dumpty.

Cambridge, UK

#117147 Nov 15, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
No, he's different than those. Christian fundamentalism sets the bar for Creation Crazies.
Lol

When it comes to acceptable evidence for their god, they set the bar very low indeed.

Cambridge, UK

#117149 Nov 15, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Your futile efforts to avoid presenting YOUR VIEW as to how creation occurred , because you have no plausible view to present , has led you to the only alternative available to you ,which is , tossing red herrings ,smokescreens and stinkbombs.
So much for those who self proclaimed themselves to be highly intelligent and skillful Atheist debaters.
And,so there is no mistaking as to whom I am reffering to, You,Chroe, MD , lodi and Witchetty.... LOL will not be included in this group...He is,if one can imagine it, on a much lower scale.
Reminds me of the one whose brain sought asylum in a mental ward,that being Skeptakal Spektakals.
What's plausible about invoking magical beings as the creator?

Any infant child can do that.

Saying "Godditit" parrot fashion is not debate.

Stick to your ju-ju...you'll be fine.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KCHS head principal fired? 29 min mad tracher 7
Prayers Needed 2 hr joe 7
bonita 4 hr bad board member 3
can someone tell me y it is so hard to get divo... 13 hr the liberal redneck 7
Pam Dexter 13 hr Blacks 1
Where's Wahoo? 15 hr Friendly Fire 3
Motorcycle Accident 17 hr Wondering 7
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages