Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 148372 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#116858 Nov 11, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Boy...
I thought you read the Bible?
So Gung-ho you was going to go on a mission...
No! you couldn't have read it, or you'd KNOW God is a Spirit, and
capable to be just anywhere, at anytime!
You do know...
IF you'd truly converted to "Christianity"...
You'd be on here posting GOOD stuff, not you hateful stuff!
Good news...
There is still a lil time, and a lot of Hope for you!
Repent, and KNOW the Truth!
God is real!
So you are not a Christian? You regularly post hateful stuff....

Was god a spirit when Moses met him? I mean the bible seems to show some very different circumstances in how god presents himself or sometimes is just heard.

Fact is, I really have no idea what a "still small voice" is, no matter how many times I hear people repeat it to describe their personal "meeting" with this "spirit". Is it religious speak for telepathy?

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#116859 Nov 11, 2013
You -know -who wrote:
As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.
Joshua 24:15(KJV)
Psalm 119:1-8(KJV)
Wisdom In The Midst of Trials

Wisdom can help us discern the source of our hardships and the purpose of them. It also guides us in how to respond to our troubles. Learn to let the wisdom of God direct your actions and experience the peace that comes with living according to the will of God.
http://www.intouch.org/broadcast/this-week-on...

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#116860 Nov 11, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Your just like the stupid lil brother that keeps walking into the street...
You think that slap on the back of your head is mean, but
wait til you get hit by that car that IS coming...
You'll wish that we hit you with a 2x4!
Good day lil brother... Stay out of the street!
Is that why you are so hateful? Get slapped in the back of the head by pops to much?
If you need to slap your kid in the head, then I figure you lack the verbal skills to raise a child well without violence.
It figures that one of the Christian believe follow the lead of a violent god.

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#116861 Nov 11, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
Philippines, and Vietnam are just two of the most wicked countries on earth... Human trafficking, and child sex slaves...
The Philippines is a christian country. Levels of belief are far higher than they are in the USA and probably on a par with 1930s Germany.

Vietnam? Probably Buddhist but they did kick your arses.
Yes and Amen wrote:
Wait til the rest of the world gets it...
Thank God... just a few more years to go!
Ah yes, that imagined day that you salivate over in eager anticipation of your imaginary sky pixie slaughtering billions.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#116862 Nov 11, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>God is God...
He makes things Right, even if you are unwilling to see it!
He gave you a Gift... Accept it!
You will be glad you did!
BTW... I've not seen your side condemn the 56,000,000 babies
your side killed for sex!
Just saying...
So it was "my side" who had abortions? You evidently have not looked at statistics, or are in denial of what Christians do.

Not sure why you conclude the abortions were all motivated by sex? One can have sex pregnant.

I do condemn abortions if done in latter terms. In fact, if it not done in the first month, it does seem to me, immoral. I condemn it. The first month does not seem to be an actual baby. Now did your god consider the humans he killed to be babies yet?

And btw, by your reasoning, killing is fine, god will make it right.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#116863 Nov 11, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Hold that thought for a moment. We already know what your god does to people who sacrifice their children.
"1 This is what the LORD says: "Go and buy a clay jar from a potter. Take along some of the elders of the people and of the priests 2 and go out to the Valley of Ben Hinnom, near the entrance of the Potsherd Gate. There proclaim the words I tell you, 3 and say,'Hear the word of the LORD, O kings of Judah and people of Jerusalem. This is what the LORD Almighty, the God of Israel, says: Listen! I am going to bring a disaster on this place that will make the ears of everyone who hears of it tingle. 4 For they have forsaken me and made this a place of foreign gods; they have burned sacrifices in it to gods that neither they nor their fathers nor the kings of Judah ever knew, and they have filled this place with the blood of the innocent. 5 They have built the high places of Baal to burn their sons in the fire as offerings to Baal--something I did not command or mention, nor did it enter my mind. 6 So beware, the days are coming, declares the LORD, when people will no longer call this place Topheth or the Valley of Ben Hinnom, but the Valley of Slaughter. 7 " 'In this place I will ruin the plans of Judah and Jerusalem. I will make them fall by the sword before their enemies, at the hands of those who seek their lives, and I will give their carcasses as food to the birds of the air and the beasts of the earth. 8 I will devastate this city and make it an object of scorn; all who pass by will be appalled and will scoff because of all its wounds. 9 I will make them eat the flesh of their sons and daughters, and they will eat one another's flesh during the stress of the siege imposed on them by the enemies who seek their lives."
Jeremiah 19:1-9
Here we have innocent children being sacrificed and what does your god do?
Does he save them?
Nope. He fixes it so that they get eaten by their parents.
Your god has made his judgement and rather than stopping the killing of a few innocent children, he ensures that even more kids will be eaten. Now, instead of sacrificing their children, your god is making the parents eat them? Right.
All this does is to demonstrate that the god of the bible comes from the brain addled ramblings of primitive, superstitious savages.
Your ignorance blinds you to the facts, as usual. The Israelis had been warned about sacrificing their childrenand going after other gods .That was an abomonation unto God.
They corrupted themselves to the extent that they burned their kids alive as a sacrifice. Obviously they did not care in the least about their own chidren , which does not seem to concern you.
As PUNISHMENT for their dastardly behaviour , they had to pay the consecuences.
You and other Atheists see nothing wrong in parents burning their childern alive as a sacrifice to their god.
You justify it under Freedom of Religion and see no need for punishment.
Atheists ,guided by their human nature ,have become EVIL and demented....
It is now common, that under the Atheist Faith , a woman can murder her unborn child , because she chooses to do so.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#116864 Nov 11, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Philippines, and Vietnam are just two of the most wicked countries on earth... Human trafficking, and child sex slaves...
So those babies got what they deserved?
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#116865 Nov 11, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Except that your demented deity has some pretty weird ideas about what is *evil*
No, It is you Atheists who have a demented idea about what is Good.
I see you did not dare address the irrational views of one of the primary Apostles of your faith...Christopher Hitchens.
May be that your subconscious is warning you as it did him

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#116866 Nov 11, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Not at all...
The Christians have their tickets to ride... He's just bringing them home!
The others... they still have time to repent!
You might consider it too!
Including the babies? Double standards are double standards. Your excuses are pathetic and cruel sounding.
And you seem to forget all the kids that now have no parent due to the disaster. It is not just about what happens to the dead, it is about what happens to those left behind.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#116867 Nov 11, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Using personal insults on a regular basis is a sign of low self esteem also. BTW, I only said my logic was sound to provoke you to address the actual logic, instead of just throwing personal insults.
So you only respond to things in which you agree? Kind of defeats the purpose of being on a debate forum. So sad you do not know how this works.
I note you respond to most all insults, so by your reasoning they are logical and important.
No,I said that I only respond to that which I deem logical or important,,,Take that as you wish.
Let us remember that it was your personal insult to YAA that got you into hot water.
Now that you got scalded , you're screaming in pain.
Yes , I respond to some insults. I feel that sometimes you have to give the boorish and illbred a dose of their own medicine

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#116868 Nov 11, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>The ones that think we're dropped, or spawned here by aliens, are surely crazy...
I know they hope for retrieval... But it's not those aliens
they'll see!
Booze killed his brain for sure!
Actually it is a myth that booze kills brain cells. But of course you believe myth over science, so I am wasting my breath, so to speak.
And again, I really think Hitchens was being sarcastic in this example. But don't let that stop you from diverting.
His point stands, his crazy hypothetical is no more evidenced based than your mythical crazy sounding god.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#116869 Nov 11, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
No, It is you Atheists who have a demented idea about what is Good.
I see you did not dare address the irrational views of one of the primary Apostles of your faith...Christopher Hitchens.
May be that your subconscious is warning you as it did him
So now Hitchens is an apostle? Just what do you consider an apostle?
You consider killing someone for worshiping a calf, good. Now what is demented that we think is good?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#116870 Nov 11, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Not at all stupid!
God decides the time of Judgment... Not us!
See... we want you to have time to repent, but
when He pulls the plug... It will be too late, and then...
You'll be calling yourself worse that "Stupid"!
Amen!
"God controls the time of judgment? So free will is a myth?

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

Somerset, KY

#116871 Nov 11, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>On a side note...
I've probably did your weight in drugs, and booze...
I should be a vegetable, but I am not!
I could tell you why I am not, but
You don't believe any of it... so... Good day to you!
"I should be a vegetable, but I am not!"

How would you know?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#116872 Nov 11, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Philippines, and Vietnam are just two of the most wicked countries on earth... Human trafficking, and child sex slaves...
As you predicted years ago......

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#116873 Nov 11, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Is that why you are so hateful? Get slapped in the back of the head by pops to much?
If you need to slap your kid in the head, then I figure you lack the verbal skills to raise a child well without violence.
It figures that one of the Christian believe follow the lead of a violent god.
LOL

I doubt his day is complete until he's told some kids that his god will burn them if they don't worship him.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#116877 Nov 11, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Actually it is a myth that booze kills brain cells. But of course you believe myth over science, so I am wasting my breath, so to speak.
And again, I really think Hitchens was being sarcastic in this example. But don't let that stop you from diverting.
His point stands, his crazy hypothetical is no more evidenced based than your mythical crazy sounding god.
That you use the excuse that you THINK Hitchens was being sarcastic ,when he made no such claim , is your excuse for not daring to truthfully address his behaviour , which you subsequently label as "CRAZY".
I believe that Hitchens was having an inner struggle with his beliefs.
As the Apostle Paul ,clearly stated , our human nature is in a constant struggle with our spiriyual nature.
Our minds are controlled by our human nature ,which seeks to deny God's evistence ,our subconscious mind is controlled by our
spiritual nature ,which seeks to prove God's existence.
And,although many are controlled by their human nature , the spiritual nature ,placed there by God , is constantly seeking to show your mind the error of it's ways.
The human mind, constantly attempts to reject the spiritual , but can not.
The subconscious mind will not permit you to forget God ,even though you deny him.
Atheists are quite unable to stop mentioning him , try as they might.
Hitchens , although vehemently denying God outwardly , was in a constant struggle with his subconscious which he could not understand .
Thereby HE reasoned ,using his human wisdom , that yes, there is a Superior Being or beings that created us and will judge our behaviour.
In essence ,he was going through the process that the Apostle Paul referred to as"the renewing of your mind.
Since it is God's will that "none be lost" one may assume that somehow ,by God's will , Hitchens was able to complete that renewing of the mind and may well be in heaven , Free from the demons of Alcohol , his 3 pack a day cigarette habit and from the delusions that engulged his beliefs while here on Earth.
Free at Last from the lunatic asylum that he claimed that Superior beings had banished him to.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#116878 Nov 11, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Funny this is in response to curious expecting me to be perfect. Double standards?
Not here-you?
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#116879 Nov 11, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Even if you were correct about actually answering, which I think you are full if shit about, it still has nothing to do with logic stupid. I see you really have no clue as to what the word means.
For Above post See: When a "legalist" cannot "rebut"...they regress.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#116880 Nov 11, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Making accusations you cannot backup with evidence yet again. Typical Christian.
For the above post See: When a "bigoted legalist" cannot "rebut", they regress.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Justice for Retha Ross (Oct '15) 37 min Emily Collins 37
Prayers Needed 45 min pray 6
N e one houses get broke into 1 hr trouble 8
bonita williams 2 hr crazzy 11
Diagnostic Review 3 hr funny 11
Motorcycle Accident 3 hr Wondering 4
Where's Wahoo? 3 hr SerenityLost 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages