Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 143036 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#116789 Nov 10, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I have no doubt even when Hitchens was drunk, he could still show your arguments are flawed with ease.
Your constant bitching about his drinking problem is not a defense against his statements and logic. It is a diversion from the lack of logic you have to offer for a defense. So continue on diverting as we know this is the only way you debate.
There's another illogical pattern...when anyone holds opinion that differs from your own, you immediatly "label" it, as "diversion".

Judging by your posts-you seem to me to the kind of person that would have no issue with slave labor either, so long as it benefited you.
And I'll answer THAT for myself right now-before you EVEN think to try and assume to answer for ME-NO, I do NOT --not at all, and that includes inhumane environments and taking advantage of people in workforces.
Because that type of thing, is just NOT right...not right at all.

And I will BE to say so.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#116790 Nov 10, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I am not even sure what you are talking about other than Hitchens drinking. It dominates all your posts about him, so I am diverted to think only of it.
Now tell us just what does his drinking have to do with any of the arguments?
Denial much?

Drinking pickles stuff too...including brain cells.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#116791 Nov 10, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>WWJD?
Treat ALL people humanely, not just some!
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#116792 Nov 10, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice post
Of course, you're absolutely right, the hypocrisy of the believer is truly unbelievable.
They come on with their faux sense of outrage at the number of killings they attribute to atheism.
They pretend that the numbers of the dead is significant.
The reality is that we know it's just more lies for Jesus as they find nothing wrong with not only the billions already killed by their god but the billions and maybe trillions they eagerly await their god to dispatch at some yearned for date.
It's amazing how densely you cannot differentiate between that god thing you hate <whatever it is>-and people.
It seems to be a deceptive tacTic for you, to harbor hatred under the guise of "atheism".

One that decent and actually humane atheists, would strongly disgree with, I'm certain.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#116793 Nov 10, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's not forget that the Christians credit their god with creating those horrible diseases.
"For God so loved the world that he created malaria, cholera, ebola, cancer, MRSA, etc, etc."
As for Stalin, Hitler, Mao, etc - they were appointed by God.
Well, that's what the bible tells us:
Romans 13:1-7 ESV / 268 helpful votes
"Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment. For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of the one who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval, for he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer. Therefore one must be in subjection, not only to avoid God's wrath but also for the sake of conscience."
So all those who died resisting Mao and Stalin, died resisting what God had appointed.
Nature can be mean thing-why do you feel some sort of twisted need, to blame it on that same god thing--what ever that isn't for you? Do you not realize the differences there either? Or are you just once again, using it to just harbor hate?
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#116794 Nov 10, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Pagan trees. Jesus is a footnote in Christmas.
Not in mine-I love, love, love a beautiful cress scene!!
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#116795 Nov 10, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>You did? I must have missed it in the sea of diversions. Can you repost?
BTW, do you even know what the word "logic" means?
“When you stop expecting people to be perfect, you can like them for who they are.”
&#8213; Donald Miller, A Million Miles in a Thousand Years: What I Learned While Editing My Life

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#116796 Nov 10, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
“When you stop expecting people to be perfect, you can like them for who they are.”
&#8213; Donald Miller, A Million Miles in a Thousand Years: What I Learned While Editing My Life
Funny this is in response to curious expecting me to be perfect. Double standards?

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#116797 Nov 10, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
I answered your question, just as I have before, when you've asked.
You seem to have a tendency once anyone gives you an answer, to illogically ignore the answers.
So yes, your conclusion IS illogical, in that you digress, or persist further to suit your own self servedness (OR is it just out of belligerence, simply because you might not agree with the given answer?) even after you've been provided an answer.
And that IS, illogical.
Curious?

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#116798 Nov 10, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
I answered your question, just as I have before, when you've asked.
You seem to have a tendency once anyone gives you an answer, to illogically ignore the answers.
So yes, your conclusion IS illogical, in that you digress, or persist further to suit your own self servedness (OR is it just out of belligerence, simply because you might not agree with the given answer?) even after you've been provided an answer.
And that IS, illogical.
Even if you were correct about actually answering, which I think you are full if shit about, it still has nothing to do with logic stupid. I see you really have no clue as to what the word means.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#116799 Nov 10, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
There's another illogical pattern...when anyone holds opinion that differs from your own, you immediatly "label" it, as "diversion".
Judging by your posts-you seem to me to the kind of person that would have no issue with slave labor either, so long as it benefited you.
And I'll answer THAT for myself right now-before you EVEN think to try and assume to answer for ME-NO, I do NOT --not at all, and that includes inhumane environments and taking advantage of people in workforces.
Because that type of thing, is just NOT right...not right at all.
And I will BE to say so.
Making accusations you cannot backup with evidence yet again. Typical Christian.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#116800 Nov 10, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Denial much?
Drinking pickles stuff too...including brain cells.
still can't answer the question I see.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#116801 Nov 10, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Treat ALL people humanely, not just some!
So he would not have drowned everyone on earth? So he would not kill people for worshiping a golden calf?

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#116802 Nov 10, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
There's another illogical pattern...when anyone holds opinion that differs from your own, you immediatly "label" it, as "diversion".
Judging by your posts-you seem to me to the kind of person that would have no issue with slave labor either, so long as it benefited you.
And I'll answer THAT for myself right now-before you EVEN think to try and assume to answer for ME-NO, I do NOT --not at all, and that includes inhumane environments and taking advantage of people in workforces.
Because that type of thing, is just NOT right...not right at all.
And I will BE to say so.
Slave labor? Nope, not a republican in the least.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#116803 Nov 10, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Treat ALL people humanely, not just some!
Would he post what curious did that I asked this about?

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#116804 Nov 11, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
It's amazing how densely you cannot differentiate between that god thing you hate <whatever it is>-and people.
It seems to be a deceptive tacTic for you, to harbor hatred under the guise of "atheism".
One that decent and actually humane atheists, would strongly disgree with, I'm certain.
You're completely missing the point.

Please try taking your nose out of your bible and clear your head of incense and angels.

I don't believe in your god - I don't believe in anyone else's gods either.

The point (which you failed to deal with) was the blatant hypocrisy of believers:

They cry foul at the number of deaths attributed to Stalin but see absolutely nothing wrong with the billions more attributed to their god.

Get it?

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#116805 Nov 11, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Nature can be mean thing-why do you feel some sort of twisted need, to blame it on that same god thing--what ever that isn't for you? Do you not realize the differences there either? Or are you just once again, using it to just harbor hate?
Again

I don't believe in the god that curious grovels before, so how can I hate that which I don't believe exists.

The problem is that for people like curious, everything comes from his imaginary sky pixie - even cruel nature.

I bet the 10,000 dead Filipinos really felt the love of their god.
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

#116806 Nov 11, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
And you can show NO EVIDENCE that would indicate God does not exist , or that God is not in control.
You are limited to " seems more likely, no God controls"
Whereas we believe "That God is in control"
Noah's Flood,
Evil in the whole world!
Sodom and Gomorrah,
Evil in two cities!
1974 Tornado outbreak,
corresponding to Roe v Wade!
Super storm hitting the Philippines, and Vietnam,
Two of the worst countries for human trafficking, and
child sex trade!

God is in control!
Wait until Iran, and the rest of them try to "erase" Israel!

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#116807 Nov 11, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Noah's Flood,
Evil in the whole world!
Sodom and Gomorrah,
Evil in two cities!
1974 Tornado outbreak,
corresponding to Roe v Wade!
Super storm hitting the Philippines, and Vietnam,
Two of the worst countries for human trafficking, and
child sex trade!
God is in control!
Wait until Iran, and the rest of them try to "erase" Israel!
Other than a small group of Muslims in the south west of Mindanao, over 90% of the Philippines populace are Christians.

Looks like your murderous god decided to spare the Muslims and kill 10,000 Christians instead.
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

#116808 Nov 11, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>
To argue with a troll would be unreasonable.
Yes it is...
But I cannot help myself!
God is real... Get to know Him!
You'll be glad you did!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is judge ex Jm hall going to prison ? 16 min County resident 3
Anyone want to Debate Religion with The Special... 33 min No God 10
Shooting at Walmart??? 1 hr Love it 30
Who's had Curt brown 2 hr Vickie 30
Where is Gothic girl these Days? 2 hr Been There 4
Garbage Service from Patrick Mills garbage service 2 hr citizen 13
Flat Lick Ball Coach Devin Mills 3 hr Lol 16
walmart shooting 3 hr Confused 15
Social services barbourville ky 17 hr Amazed 13
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages