Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,463

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#116612 Nov 8, 2013
Lost and found wrote:
Here is some news for you no matter what you create life to be without God. God is still in control. If you don't want children discouraged be careful the behaviour you are teaching them. Don't lie to them to pass it on. Give them truth.
Obedience is our gift to God- Respect and obey God!
Some people rather worship the government than God. Can you really say you know your father?
If we do not believe in a god, then it is not a lie to tell them so.

Here is some news for you, their is zero evidence a god controls anything. Seems more likely, no god controls.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#116613 Nov 8, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
If I want a Scientific view on God ,Science by it's own admission ,is unable to provide one. It has eunuchized itself by it's own design.
If I want a Scientific view on the origins of life i get contradictory responses .
On the one hand Science claims that only life can create life.
On the other hand , Science claims that Life does not need a creator , therefore , no need to invoke God as creator.
However , in order to prove their theory that ID is not needed , they constantly spend countless hours using their intelligence by devising experiments trying to create life.
Having no evidenced to support the theory that life arose by natural means , they attempt to create life by using intelligent means , which they claim are not needed to create life.
That contradiction is rather difficult to explain.
So , calling on Science to explain what it is unable to explain
seems to be an exercise in futility ,somewhat akin to asking the village idiot to intelligently address that issue.
That is the same results I get , when the Atheists respond to what I post. Excuses ,nonsense and gibberish because they are unable to discern between that which is natural and the supernatural.
However ,what you choose to believe is your business ,why you choose to believe as you do ,is your business.
You keep looking To Science to provide you with an answer that Science itself says it is unable and incapable of providing.
If Science claims it can not provide the answer , then only a fool would continue looking for an answer where none can be found.
I looked elsewhere and found my answer.
That you refuse to accept the amswer that I have arrived at as valid in no way takes away from it's validity.
I do not base my faith on your opinions AND none of you have provided any evidence that would cause me to question my faith.
My faith is based partly on criteria that reasonably explains who created life and the other part being criteria that I have tested
and found to be completely reliable.
It is not based on "I don't know ,I can't explain it or in waiting for Science to explain what it states it is unable to do.
Lying again to promote your myth? You lie about what science actually says. This may have been written in your religious propaganda, but not in actual science. Learn the facts. It is embarrassing watching you flounder this bad.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#116614 Nov 8, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, and I repeat-
Physics.
Repeat it all you wish, there is no correlation between a god and physics.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#116615 Nov 8, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>If we do not believe in a god, then it is not a lie to tell them so.
Here is some news for you, their is zero evidence a god controls anything. Seems more likely, no god controls.
And you can show NO EVIDENCE that would indicate God does not exist , or that God is not in control.
You are limited to " seems more likely, no God controls"
Whereas we believe "That God is in control"

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#116616 Nov 8, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, and I repeat-
Physics.
At least you learned claiming a man made structure does not prove a god exists.
Now I see you are taking the lead of Curious. Now put your god into a gap.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#116617 Nov 8, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
My God is not a theory ,He is a reality which Atheists fail to comprehend , at least,so they claim.
I will repeat again. It is impossible for nonintelligent ,nonliving ,nonconscious matter to attain the properties of life,intelligence and consciousness.
If you can find evidence to contradict what I have stated ,do so.
Science itself claims that ONLY life can create life. That is a Fact .
I do not need excuses ,theories or hypothesis in order to believe what is obvious.
Therefore ,since only life can create life and since nonintelligence and nonconsciousness are totally incapable and totally unequipped to imagine ,let alone create those properties of which they know nothing ,of which they are totally unaware , which they have never experienced , it is beyond credulity ,that somehow they were able to attain them by their own nonpower
do you have any evidence to contradict what I have written.
The fact is that God is not your natural superior being.
He is Supernatural and theories and hypothesis based on natural means are incapable and totally and completely inadequate to prove or disprove his existence.
So , I do not rely on your theories ,hypothesis or opinions.
I base my comclusions partly on observing life and the world around me.
I know I exist ,am conscious and have intelligence ,just like you do. The question is ,how did those properties come into existence.
certainly could not and were not created by their complete opposite.
Therefore , any reasonable person can logically conclude that ID ie God is responsible.
Or,if I were an Atheist and could not explain these events , then I would need to concoct excuses for not being able to provide an answer.
I could claim that in a few billion years someone may figure it out or that we may never know the answer ,or make the contradictory statement that Science with it's ever increasing knowledge will be able to create life.
You can't have it both ways , on the one hand ,claim that life does not need a creator ,therefore there is no reason to believe in God and then Creating life to prove God is nonexistent.
Atheists are caught in an untenable position , how was life created , for which they can not provide an answer, only excuses and an" Idon't know and we may never know ,but maybe in a million years we will know" which is the wishful thinking foundation for your faith.
I do not ,nor will i base my faith on such an illconceived and excuses infested foundation.
But , to each his own....
God of the gap.
You cannot prove the claims you made about life, so why expect us to prove them wrong? The onus of evidence is upon he who claims. You are the one making claims that cannot be backed up with evidence.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#116618 Nov 8, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
My God is not a theory ,He is a reality which Atheists fail to comprehend , at least,so they claim.
Who claimed this? Pathological liar.
If you cannot tell the truth in order to promote your religion, why would you expect us to believe the religion is true?
curious

Ocoee, FL

#116619 Nov 8, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
""Nothing further need be said" is the excuse given by the mentally malnourished when dealing with issues beyond their comprehension.
That is the type of mentality that qualifies one for the ignominious position of Village Idiot."
----------
Well, that is Yaa's position.("Tard!" is Yaa's preferred response.)
Thought you Christians stick together but I guess not.
Curious, on the other hand, just goes on and on with meaningless babble, trying to appear intelligent and hoping no one will notice the foolishness of what he is saying.
Well ,YAA and I may have a difference of opinion , whereas Yaa's prefeered response is "Tard" when referring to Atheists ,I believe you should be Tard and feathered.
My " Foolishness" is far superior to your "Wisdom" or lack thereof , therefore I have no need to proclaim myself as being Intelligent.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#116620 Nov 8, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
And you can show NO EVIDENCE that would indicate God does not exist , or that God is not in control.
You are limited to " seems more likely, no God controls"
Whereas we believe "That God is in control"
I use words like "seems" because I am not a liar as you are.

One cannot really know in an absolute manner if a god could exist, so claiming absolutely either way is a blatant lie. You claim one way, and it is a lie to claim it as you do. You do not know, you "believe". Learn to tell the truth and use language properly, otherwise no one is going to be convinced your religion is of truth.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#116621 Nov 8, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
If I took your examples seriously I'd wind up like many others who do.heavy drinking,drug abuse and with beau coup many mental difficulties.
The joke about all this is your total inability to deal with and explain how it may be possible for nonintelligence etal to design and create intelligence etal in light of the fact that it is not conscious of it's surroundings ,has no intelligence ,is incapable of having a thought and as Science has clearly established ,only life can create life.
In an effort to prove your point ,you cited Frank Krauss.
He threw you under the bus by not addressing how life may have been created and meekly admitting that he can not account for the creation of the Universe.
The only thing frank created was a savings account to deposit the royalties he will be receiving for his Science Fiction endeavour
Yet you seem so sure the claimed intelligent god is not in need of these rules. Your double standard betrays you.

Since: Sep 13

United States of America

#116622 Nov 8, 2013
His own Mother who was a Professor of Mathematics told him outright he was wrong, still he refused to listen to the voice of reason.
Miles pant-load Mathis is full of $hit and nuttier than squirrel poop.

As far as I read was the Name Miles Mathis, no need to read any further, his reputation far exceeds him.

As with Miles, you continue to post pure nonsense as well, so I can certainly see your admiration of one such as he. People usually refer back to someone they mentor for support.
Why should anyone try and refute your ramblings, we can't stop laughing long enough to do so.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#116623 Nov 8, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Please tell me what can possibly be positive about torturing people for all eternity.
If our penal system did that, you'd call it barbaric.
The god they worship is of double standards. It is clear all the believers here have double standards. It is the flaw of religion, and it seems it infects most believers. Reason enough to forgo belief.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#116624 Nov 8, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
You are floundering around like a fish out of water.
You stepped headlon g into the quicksand and are looking for an unexisting lifeline to save you.
Your nonsense Atheism has you boxed in and you can not get out.
I do not base my faith on hypotheticals as you do.
reported by mankato Free press
Krauss’ fellow scientists at the dais, especially Frank Wilczek, expressed skepticism during the question-and-answer session about some of his far-reaching statements about a universe from nothing.
“Once you start talking about the laws being random or no laws at all, you really start from nothing at all, I think that’s going too far,” Wilczek said.“I think it’s really within a specific framework that you can discuss these things.”
Krauss didn’t budge, at least not much. He admitted he couldn’t explain how the universe came to be but said it was enough to show that it’s possible that a universe can come from nothing.
Note; Possibilities abound ,there is only one REALITY.
Looks like you just changed your claims about Krauss. Can you not keep track of your lies?

I never claim Krauss had evidence of how the universe came to be, but he can show a possible way. You only asked for a possible way, because without other possibilities, you insisted in putting god into the gap of possibilities.

I guess all of this is to scientific for your religious mind to comprehend.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#116625 Nov 8, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>God of the gap.
You cannot prove the claims you made about life, so why expect us to prove them wrong? The onus of evidence is upon he who claims. You are the one making claims that cannot be backed up with evidence.
Stop going around in circles ,you're making yourself dizzy.

I will repeat again. It is impossible for nonintelligent ,nonliving ,nonconscious matter to attain the properties of life,intelligence and consciousness.
If you can find evidence to contradict what I have stated ,do so..
I do not need excuses ,theories or hypothesis in order to believe what is obvious.
Therefore ,since only life is known to create life and since nonintelligence and nonconsciousness are totally incapable and totally unequipped to imagine ,let alone create those properties of which they know nothing ,of which they are totally unaware , which they have never experienced , it is beyond credulity ,that somehow they were able to attain them by their own nonpower
do you have any evidence to contradict what I have written.
The fact is that God is not your natural superior being.
He is Supernatural and theories and hypothesis based on natural means are incapable and totally and completely inadequate to prove or disprove his existence.
So , I do not rely on your theories ,hypothesis or opinions.
There is all the proof you need.
What you claim does not need az creator , has never been observrd
being able to create itself by natural means.
So , for someone to claim otherwise , it is THEY who need to
provide evidence , not theories or excuses.
Your Faith and belief that it happened otherwise is based on NOTHING other than wishful , neurotic thinking , for fear your faith without foundation will be destroyed

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#116627 Nov 8, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
This is who Dr. Albert is'
this critical distinction was not lost on fellow atheist Dr. David Albert. A Ph.D. in theoretical physics, Dr. Albert is a Professor at Columbia University and author of the book Quantum Mechanics and Experience.
This fellow Atheist of Krauss is the one who made those statements ,
So ,in essence , you have an Atheist,Dr. Albert , calling another Atheist ,Krauss , a fool. How ironic ,but fitting,.
Good to see you actually told us who this guy is. Now if you could only show all the claims with evidence? You paraphrase and quote with no links. Your reputation for lying is not helping here. I cannot know what is in context and what is not.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#116628 Nov 8, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
That is your claim,that there is no evidence that any God ever existed.
On the other hand there is absolutely no evidence that Nothing can create something out of nothing.
There is absolutely no evidence to support any hypothesis or theory that nonliving , nonintelligent and nonconscious matter can somehow ,attain those properties of which it is totally unaware and has no way of being familiar with.
That process is an impossibility beyond description. It is Science who has confirmed the fact that only life can create life
Therefore ,if unintelligence is not responsible for creating life and the universe , who or what is?
Could it be an accident caused by natural means... No, the reason is obvious.
Then, a reasonable person must conclude that ID God, is responsible.
But then , not everyone is reasonable.
If you are an Atheist , this reasoned and logical conclusion can not be accepted under any means.
Therefore they hide behind the excuse that there must be another answer which may never be known or has yet to be found. What that answer may be ,no one can define
That the Universe is created from nothing ,we can all agree on , The apostle Paul so stated 2000 years ago.
That the Universe does not need a creator can not be proven.
Theories abound ,but there is only one reality. Intelligent Design i.e. God.
The Atheists can concoct excuses and lean on their papermache crutches , a road that bypasses the land of reality and only leads to the land of foolishness
You can claim it is unreasonable all you wish. It is but your opinion of what is reasonable. I think it perfectly reasonable to not insert a god into a gap of knowledge. It was reasonable to do so with thunder and Thor and it is reasonable to do so now.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#116629 Nov 8, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Yet you seem so sure the claimed intelligent god is not in need of these rules. Your double standard betrays you.
Your ignorance is confirmed by your postings and sre only fit as food for the elephants
curious

Ocoee, FL

#116630 Nov 8, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Good to see you actually told us who this guy is. Now if you could only show all the claims with evidence? You paraphrase and quote with no links. Your reputation for lying is not helping here. I cannot know what is in context and what is not.
Your reputation as a dysfunctional nut has reached the offices of Planters Peanuts.
They have posted guards at all entrances to bar you and the other
Atheist malformed nuts for fear of contamination.
Moreover , The City zoo has sent out a memo that they will no longer accept "rejected nuts" to be fed to their elephants. Seems it causes mental diminishment among the herds.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#116631 Nov 8, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I use words like "seems" because I am not a liar as you are.
One cannot really know in an absolute manner if a god could exist, so claiming absolutely either way is a blatant lie. You claim one way, and it is a lie to claim it as you do. You do not know, you "believe". Learn to tell the truth and use language properly, otherwise no one is going to be convinced your religion is of truth.
Lol, "blatant lie" another poster called it "intellectually dishonest" when someone claims there is no god. I would probably call it just being reasonable to claim there is no fat guy that slides down chimneys or a pink unicorn that poops glitter. To claim there is no god is not a lie. It is just being reasonable.

There is no god or bogeyman.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#116632 Nov 8, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Good to see you actually told us who this guy is. Now if you could only show all the claims with evidence? You paraphrase and quote with no links. Your reputation for lying is not helping here. I cannot know what is in context and what is not.
To argue with a troll would be unreasonable.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
failsauce 17 min Needle eye 2
Knox Co.Jail employees idicted 19 min been there 17
Who will win for Knox County Jailer 2014 21 min Yah 11
Richard hicks dating a inmate abuser 31 min Lover 1
Illegal coon hunting going Davis bend road 33 min Hick 12
Indictments 46 min John 10
Journey threw hell 58 min Diana 1
who will you vote for as jailer 4 hr Unsatisfied voter 64
A Knox County woman is charged with child abuse. 4 hr Curiouswonderer 4
Ask your candidate to join us this time it is a... 7 hr Voter 15