Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 171865 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#116774 Nov 10, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
You can do likewise with this Thor Hammer you keep alluding to.
Maybe on it's way up your anal cavity , it will strike your brain and bring it out of it's comatose state ,If that don't work , try a suppository bathed in Ben Gay....
If this is Christian love.......shove it.
My logic is not contradictory, as your Jesus love bullshit is.
You insert a god into gaps just as with Thor and thunder. You have yet to show what is flawed about this example. I showed your claims of Jesus love flawed by your own statement here.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#116775 Nov 10, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>When you guys cannot rebut my logic, what other conclusion should I have than it must be to solid to rebut?
Everytime you fail to even try to rebut my posts and whine like babies about what I said, I conclude you have no logic to rebut said post. Is this an illogical conclusion? If so, how so?
My rebuttal to "your logic" is contained in the post to which your response is based.
Your self Proclaimed "logic" was not able to comprehend said response , therefore negating and invalidating your "self proclaimed logic"
Let us remember that the Alcohoic claims to not have a drinking problem ,neither does the drug addict ,nor does the fool claim to be illogical.

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#116776 Nov 10, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Religies claim to be enlightened with superior knowledge. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that humans are competitive, manipulative and self-serving whether they believe in a sky god or not. In many places the OT credits Yahweh for the horrific killings in Jewish military victories and for the rules and laws that are unconscionable by today's standards, but the religies deny any immorality of either the tribes or the god. Then in the NT the Jews and Romans get all of the blame for a death the religies praise as premeditated, prophesied, sanctioned and ordained by the Almighty.
"Enlightened by superior knowledge" doesn't quite describe the reality of the situation. "Incapable of understanding diddly squat" is a far more appropriate phrase to describe religies.
Nice post

Of course, you're absolutely right, the hypocrisy of the believer is truly unbelievable.

They come on with their faux sense of outrage at the number of killings they attribute to atheism.

They pretend that the numbers of the dead is significant.

The reality is that we know it's just more lies for Jesus as they find nothing wrong with not only the billions already killed by their god but the billions and maybe trillions they eagerly await their god to dispatch at some yearned for date.

Cambridge, UK

#116777 Nov 10, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
They proudly claim their God wiped out all but 8 humans, that He's going to obliterate even more with fire and that an overwhelming percentage of souls are marked for eternal persecution and torture. Stalin, Pol Pot, Mao, Hitler, Genghis Khan - plus the Black Death, smallpox, tuberculosis and cancer combined don't even come close to that.
Let's not forget that the Christians credit their god with creating those horrible diseases.

"For God so loved the world that he created malaria, cholera, ebola, cancer, MRSA, etc, etc."

As for Stalin, Hitler, Mao, etc - they were appointed by God.

Well, that's what the bible tells us:

Romans 13:1-7 ESV / 268 helpful votes

"Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment. For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of the one who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval, for he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer. Therefore one must be in subjection, not only to avoid God's wrath but also for the sake of conscience."

So all those who died resisting Mao and Stalin, died resisting what God had appointed.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#116778 Nov 10, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Christopher Hitchens claimed otherwise, He fried his brains in alcohol and claimed to know what was real and what wasn't.
He claimed to know God was not real while on the othedr hand , claiming a Superior Race used our planet as adumping goroud for the insane and unfit....
As evidence for that belief , he may well have relied on the fact that many staunch Atheists have been known to have serious mental issues,Nietzche , Freud etal and the Scientific studies that point to Atheists having more mental problems than any other group.
I know you will deny this , therefore you need explain the causes for your insane ,irrational beliefs.
BTW The British troll,Khatru , has been seen in Sherwood Forrest , chopping down Christmas trees so he can sell them and make a few bucks...Maybe he will give you a job decorating them.
Pagan trees. Jesus is a footnote in Christmas.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#116779 Nov 10, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Fact; you worship a murderer.
You have totally no understanding of HIM that I worship , whom you claim does not exist.
Your irrational logic of accusing that which you do not undestand nor believe in His existence,of being a murderer is even more irrational than that of Hitchens , an Apostle of the Faith of which you are a disciple.
In effect ,by your irrational behaviour , you have attempted to kill that which your parents attempted to teach you and failed , your mind deceiving you , while your subconscious continually points to your having been deceived and causes you to continuously search for God ,which you deny , in spite of your actions,which clearly indicate otherwise.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#116780 Nov 10, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
My rebuttal to "your logic" is contained in the post to which your response is based.
Your self Proclaimed "logic" was not able to comprehend said response , therefore negating and invalidating your "self proclaimed logic"
Let us remember that the Alcohoic claims to not have a drinking problem ,neither does the drug addict ,nor does the fool claim to be illogical.
You did? I must have missed it in the sea of diversions. Can you repost?

BTW, do you even know what the word "logic" means?

Cambridge, UK

#116781 Nov 10, 2013
curious wrote:
Your" impeccable Logic" has again misled you. YOU CAN NOT prove that God does not exist,neither can I prove that he does.
You're not quite right - he can't prove that any god doesn't exist. Not just yours. Plural you see - not singular.
curious wrote:
So both beliefs are based on Faith.
My faith is based on the belief that we were created by ID"GOD and my personal experiences with my God.
Which makes your beliefs no more valid than the beliefs of other religies who also claim to have had personal experiences with their gods.
curious wrote:
Your faith is based on your belief that there probably is no God.
So your Faith is based on a probability, my Faith is based on my beliefs , that which I have experienced and a very reasonable and credible explanation for ID as our creator.
Actually, it's also based on the outstanding success of science in providing real and tangible explanations for our reality. Contrast that with the flat earth of your bible or a sun that goes backwards in the sky, etc, etc.

Science has provided us with prophecies far more accurate that the post-dictions contained in the bible.
curious wrote:
You avoid the issue of creation altogether ,claiming it can not be known.
Yes it can.

Don't you know that In the beginning was Chaos. Then came Earth which produced Sky. Covering Earth each night, Sky fathered children upon her. Earth was personified as Gaia/Terra and sky was Ouranos (Uranus). Their children included the Titan parents of most of the Olympian gods and goddesses, as well as many other creatures, including the Cyclopes, Giants, Hecatonchires, Erinyes, and more
curious wrote:
You dare not address how it could be possible that creation occured by natural means.
You claim that gods have always existed. How about the universe has always existed?
curious wrote:
Therein lies the difference.
My faith is not based on irrationality.
Says the guy who believes in a talking snake and donkey.
curious wrote:
That is why Christopher Hitchens is not MY mentor , I tend to place no credibility on the writings of one who claims he does his best writing when he is drunk and claims there is no God, while on the other hand,believing that Superior beings dumped us off on this planet because we are unfit undesirables.
Says the guy whose whole world view is based on the hate-fuelled ramblings of a misogynistic bigot who sometime around 35 CE fell over and banged his head.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#116782 Nov 10, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>If this is Christian love.......shove it.
My logic is not contradictory, as your Jesus love bullshit is.
You insert a god into gaps just as with Thor and thunder. You have yet to show what is flawed about this example. I showed your claims of Jesus love flawed by your own statement here.
That was just me responding to your illbred response to YAA.
obviously you like to throw insults around at will , and are
indignant when you are given an overdose of your own medicine.
Cest La vie....No more Pantalones.....
My daddy used to say " if you throw rocks at people , expect a brick to be thrown back in your direction"

Cambridge, UK

#116783 Nov 10, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>You put quote marks on "impeccable logic". Now who said these words? Misquoting is a lie. No go repent you heathen.
LOL

The bible says that all liars will be thrown into the lake of fire.

That's not some liars - it's all liars.

Looks like curious will be burning.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#116784 Nov 10, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
You have totally no understanding of HIM that I worship , whom you claim does not exist.
Your irrational logic of accusing that which you do not undestand nor believe in His existence,of being a murderer is even more irrational than that of Hitchens , an Apostle of the Faith of which you are a disciple.
In effect ,by your irrational behaviour , you have attempted to kill that which your parents attempted to teach you and failed , your mind deceiving you , while your subconscious continually points to your having been deceived and causes you to continuously search for God ,which you deny , in spite of your actions,which clearly aindicate otherwise.c
According to your logic, you seek atheism.
No, your god never murdered, but you believe he killed or ordered killings of those who worshiped beings other than him.
By American law, this constitutes murder, no if, ands or buts.
You worship the being that is claimed to do these things.
How many times must I explain this?
Nice diversion though, you should run for office.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#116785 Nov 10, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>According to your logic, you seek atheism.
No, your god never murdered, but you believe he killed or ordered killings of those who worshiped beings other than him.
By American law, this constitutes murder, no if, ands or buts.
You worship the being that is claimed to do these things.
How many times must I explain this?
Nice diversion though, you should run for office.
What a fool you are.Your foolishness knows no limits.
Man made laws do not apply to God ,neither can you apply nonexistent laws at the time , retroactively.
Your stupidity and illogical conclusions can only be justified by
claimimg total insanity while in a drunken stupor.
You have never claimed not to be insane ,but you have claimed to have licked your drinking problem.
Insane you are and you have failed to overcome your drinking problem
Even Christopher Hitchens , in his drunken stupor , dared not make such a claim.

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#116786 Nov 10, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
My daddy used to say " if you throw rocks at people , expect a brick to be thrown back in your direction"
And one hit you in the head resulting in brain damage.
Well, that helps explain your rantings.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#116787 Nov 10, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
And one hit you in the head resulting in brain damage.
Well, that helps explain your rantings.
Hey Witchetty , ya still mad at me?
Keep that thought....
I harbor no ill feelings and wish you the Best.
May a herd of flying elephants with diahrea fly over your breakfast table.....
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#116788 Nov 10, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>When you guys cannot rebut my logic, what other conclusion should I have than it must be to solid to rebut?
Everytime you fail to even try to rebut my posts and whine like babies about what I said, I conclude you have no logic to rebut said post. Is this an illogical conclusion? If so, how so?
I answered your question, just as I have before, when you've asked.

You seem to have a tendency once anyone gives you an answer, to illogically ignore the answers.

So yes, your conclusion IS illogical, in that you digress, or persist further to suit your own self servedness (OR is it just out of belligerence, simply because you might not agree with the given answer?) even after you've been provided an answer.

And that IS, illogical.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#116789 Nov 10, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I have no doubt even when Hitchens was drunk, he could still show your arguments are flawed with ease.
Your constant bitching about his drinking problem is not a defense against his statements and logic. It is a diversion from the lack of logic you have to offer for a defense. So continue on diverting as we know this is the only way you debate.
There's another illogical pattern...when anyone holds opinion that differs from your own, you immediatly "label" it, as "diversion".

Judging by your posts-you seem to me to the kind of person that would have no issue with slave labor either, so long as it benefited you.
And I'll answer THAT for myself right now-before you EVEN think to try and assume to answer for ME-NO, I do NOT --not at all, and that includes inhumane environments and taking advantage of people in workforces.
Because that type of thing, is just NOT right...not right at all.

And I will BE to say so.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#116790 Nov 10, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I am not even sure what you are talking about other than Hitchens drinking. It dominates all your posts about him, so I am diverted to think only of it.
Now tell us just what does his drinking have to do with any of the arguments?
Denial much?

Drinking pickles stuff too...including brain cells.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#116791 Nov 10, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>WWJD?
Treat ALL people humanely, not just some!
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#116792 Nov 10, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice post
Of course, you're absolutely right, the hypocrisy of the believer is truly unbelievable.
They come on with their faux sense of outrage at the number of killings they attribute to atheism.
They pretend that the numbers of the dead is significant.
The reality is that we know it's just more lies for Jesus as they find nothing wrong with not only the billions already killed by their god but the billions and maybe trillions they eagerly await their god to dispatch at some yearned for date.
It's amazing how densely you cannot differentiate between that god thing you hate <whatever it is>-and people.
It seems to be a deceptive tacTic for you, to harbor hatred under the guise of "atheism".

One that decent and actually humane atheists, would strongly disgree with, I'm certain.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#116793 Nov 10, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's not forget that the Christians credit their god with creating those horrible diseases.
"For God so loved the world that he created malaria, cholera, ebola, cancer, MRSA, etc, etc."
As for Stalin, Hitler, Mao, etc - they were appointed by God.
Well, that's what the bible tells us:
Romans 13:1-7 ESV / 268 helpful votes
"Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment. For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of the one who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval, for he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer. Therefore one must be in subjection, not only to avoid God's wrath but also for the sake of conscience."
So all those who died resisting Mao and Stalin, died resisting what God had appointed.
Nature can be mean thing-why do you feel some sort of twisted need, to blame it on that same god thing--what ever that isn't for you? Do you not realize the differences there either? Or are you just once again, using it to just harbor hate?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Justin Vaughn 11 min April 6
Taking Good Care of Jenny Collett For ALVIN 15 min very good 1
19 yr old Buying Beer Daily in Barbourville 28 min BHS 9
government shutdown 1 hr It true 2
Need Help.... I am sincerely asking for help.... 1 hr Well 9
She Got Fired...AGAIN!!! 2 hr Lil bird lil bird 32
Will Knox co get 40 liquor stores 3 hr Go for it 3

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance