Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
111,081 - 111,100 of 130,451 Comments Last updated 5 hrs ago

Since: Sep 13

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Judged:

AllofOneBlood wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't watch the film did you?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =orBjzI1uPqIXX
Which film would that be?
If you are referring to the link you posted, then no, I didn't watch because I don't click on links.

If there is something you wish to discuss, go for it.

If the basis of your discussion revolves around a You tube video how much credibility does it actually possess?
curious

Ocoee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Judged:

stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
Honestly, what is with your obsession with that phrase?
Pretty sure everyone knows you don't wear pants, especially your nurse who has actually performed an acid wash on her eyes trying to remove that visual.
Poor child, she's damaged for life.
Don't tell me you haven't seen the Progressive ad where to Atheists
have their pants on fire yelling No More Pantalones
Check it out It' a knee slapper you will enjoy it ....not

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>

You have your beliefs , I have mine and that is the way it is.
I have always said, whatever a person wants to believe is their business, and I have no problem with it, until they demand that their religious beliefs are 100% correct, yet have no proof to back up their statement, then I have a problem.

If you want to believe in a God, that's fine, but don't tell me it's the only religion that is correct and 100% true w/out solid tangible and testable proof.

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't tell me you haven't seen the Progressive ad where to Atheists
have their pants on fire yelling No More Pantalones
Check it out It' a knee slapper you will enjoy it ....not
You've been warned about 'assuming' but as you wish....far be it for me to stop you from making an A$$ of yourself again.

You are becoming a joke with these off-topic rants.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
If I want a Scientific view on God ,Science by it's own admission ,is unable to provide one. It has eunuchized itself by it's own design.
If I want a Scientific view on the origins of life i get contradictory responses .
On the one hand Science claims that only life can create life.
On the other hand , Science claims that Life does not need a creator , therefore , no need to invoke God as creator.
However , in order to prove their theory that ID is not needed , they constantly spend countless hours using their intelligence by devising experiments trying to create life.
Having no evidenced to support the theory that life arose by natural means , they attempt to create life by using intelligent means , which they claim are not needed to create life.
That contradiction is rather difficult to explain.
So , calling on Science to explain what it is unable to explain
seems to be an exercise in futility ,somewhat akin to asking the village idiot to intelligently address that issue.
That is the same results I get , when the Atheists respond to what I post. Excuses ,nonsense and gibberish because they are unable to discern between that which is natural and the supernatural.
However ,what you choose to believe is your business ,why you choose to believe as you do ,is your business.
You keep looking To Science to provide you with an answer that Science itself says it is unable and incapable of providing.
If Science claims it can not provide the answer , then only a fool would continue looking for an answer where none can be found.
I looked elsewhere and found my answer.
That you refuse to accept the amswer that I have arrived at as valid in no way takes away from it's validity.
I do not base my faith on your opinions AND none of you have provided any evidence that would cause me to question my faith.
My faith is based partly on criteria that reasonably explains who created life and the other part being criteria that I have tested
and found to be completely reliable.
It is not based on "I don't know ,I can't explain it or in waiting for Science to explain what it states it is unable to do.
In other words, you select whatever ju-ju takes your fancy and defy people to disprove your imaginary sky pixie.

Of course, science can't disprove all the other gods that people worship either; which makes them just as real as yours.

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
More nonsense and gibberish from the Village Fool
curious wrote:
That is why I do not look to Science for my answers.
Scientist: "The pressure exerted by a gas held at a constant temperature varies inversely with the volume of the gas."

curious: "WTF do you know? You're just a scientist. Let's see what the bible says about this."

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Judged:

stuck in a lodi wrote:
In post# 116470 you state that Scientists claim that only life can create life, That is Wrong!
That is what Creationist and Religionist claim, or someone like you.
That's typical of their desperate tactics.

Science has been so spectacularly successful in explaining our reality that people like curious have no option other than to revert to open lies and disengenuity as they pursue their superstitions and ju-ju.

Scientists have often declared that the Theory of Evolution can be falsified. In fact, they've even said what it would take to do just that:

If fossils are found in strata where they shouldn't be.

That's all it would take.

So why don't creationists (being the lying, dishonest types that they are) secrete fossils in rocks from different geological times?

The answer is they would do it readily. However, they also know how spectacularly successful science is and that it wouldn't take long before their fraud would be exposed.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
OK Now you are telling me that you know what I do and do not understand.
Anyhow ,given your example.Given that you are intelligent,I would have no reason to believe that you are not capable of designing a video game and that you would not have a reason to lie to me.
What you accomplished is not impossible.
Now ,if you told me that these letters amd numbers had somehow arranged themselves in such a , on their own, then I would question your answer.
In other words , the video did not design itself and if you kept insisting that it had , then I would question your mental stability , with good reason to do so.
I can not begin to comprehend how it is possible that intelligence ,life and consciousness ,can somehow by accident or natural means can be created by forces that have no way of knowing about those properties , how they function or what makes them function.
To take it a step further , I am not arrogant enough to believe that there is no intelligence greater than human intelligence.
On the other hand, you believe that some unknown ,unintelligent force has the ability to create something much greater than itself and provide it with propertie that itself does not have.
Once ,I shared many of the same doubts that you have.
Events that occured in my life led me on a search. Those events were so powerful that they lead me to comclude that there is an unseen power that was responding to my needs.
That power is what I call God.
some will claim that what I experienced and the results thereof
were caused by my imagination , that they did not really occur or that they can be attributed to chance.
They draw those coclusions based on their opinions and having never experienced what I experienced.
They feel qualified to pass judgement on something they know nothing about....That is life...
You have your beliefs , I have mine and that is the way it is.
Yet you believe god needed no creator. Sorry to blow your whole arguement.
heads or tails

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Judged:

Whoever you are talking to is not helping you,You are a hypocrite, you're lying to and for the children,it is not helping them in any direction.

Respect and obey God!
PigBenis

Batavia, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Judged:

If it was all made by a creator, isn't anyone going to ask how the creator was made? To think that we all came from nothing is pretty far-fetched, but not as far-fetched as to think an almighty being came from nothing to create the rest. If infinity has no end, what's to say it has a beginning? No need for a creator.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Judged:

stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly!! The layperson often thinks of life and non-life as a
distinction between a human and a rock, as one example, yet this does not even begin to grasp the wide spectrum of what might fall under a definition for life. As atheist writer Austin Cline asks, "[w]hat sort of definition would include viruses, but not fire... sterile mules, but not self-replicating crystals?" Life is a more ambiguous concept than we think, not because it is some mystical or magical force, but because the line between life and non-life is very unclear at times.
Yup... and even what constitutes life individually is not so black and white either... Humans have multitudes of organisms inhabiting our bodies... there are more Bugs in the human body than Human cells in the human body... we even have Individualized organisms that are specific to the individual human such as Mitochondria ... With out them the Human dies, without the human Most the organisms die but not all as some bacterium survive the human death and get passed to other organisms scavenging the dead... So are We as Humans Alive or are we each a Billion Billion Billion individual lives inhabiting a human colony....
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Judged:

PigBenis wrote:
If it was all made by a creator, isn't anyone going to ask how the creator was made? To think that we all came from nothing is pretty far-fetched, but not as far-fetched as to think an almighty being came from nothing to create the rest. If infinity has no end, what's to say it has a beginning? No need for a creator.
That still doesn't constitute "no need" for ethics, morality, civility, decency or humane humanity.

Not the first quark.

(except for maybe psychotic LOSERS, who are just that).
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Scientific Evidence that God Created Life
by Thomas F. Heinze
(Go to: Main Heinze Page)
(Go to: www.creationism.org )
Contents
Did God Create Life? Ask a Protein!
A Cell Must Have a Membrane
Where Did the Information in Cells Come from?
Redefining Science to Eliminate the Creator
Did Time Perform the Miracle of Life?
Did Life Come from Space?
Did God Create Life? Ask a Protein!
In 1953 Stanley Miller performed an experiment which rocked the world! He showed that passing a spark through a chosen mixture of gasses will form amino acids, the building blocks of proteins which are the main ingredients of living cells. Given an inch, a mile was taken. We were taught that lightning strikes provided the sparks that formed the amino acids which concentrated in an “organic soup,” and linked together to form proteins. These were claimed to have gotten together with DNA to form the first living cell.
But amino acids will not link together to form proteins! It was a bit like claiming that if bricks formed in nature they would get together to build houses. Proteins are so hard to make that in all of nature, they never form except in already living cells. Never! This scientific fact stands in stark contrast to what was taught.
Which viewpoint is best supported by the evidence? Did life begin without a Creator or did God create it?
Evidence that life never comes from non-living materials is so abundant that it is a basic principle of science called the Principle of Biogenesis (living things come only from living things). Atheists and many agnostics have faith that contrary to this basic principle of science, life did evolve spontaneously from chemicals at least once. They now call their theory “abiogenesis” which comes from roots that mean “not Biogenesis.” They no longer use the term “spontaneous generation.”
Is abiogenesis possible? Not only are proteins never formed in nature outside of living cells, the amino acids from which they are built are of two kinds: Half are called left-handed and half right-handed. Only proteins containing all left handed amino acids will work in living things because proteins which contain any right-handed amino acids have the wrong shape and will not connect properly to the proteins around them. It is a bit like when you take a piece out of a puzzle, turn it upside down and try to put it back in where you took it out. It is the same size and shape, but it won’t fit. In nature, all left handed amino acids are only formed by living cells. Amino acids formed in experiments like Miller’s, are half left, and half right-handed so they will not work in the proteins of living things. This is more scientific evidence that life could not form without a Creator. Add it to the fact that in nature, no proteins at all will form outside of cells.
Cells can make proteins because:
Great post!:-)
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
He's a proudly outspoken member of the party that thinks killing >unborn< children is obscene and that rape pregnancies are gifts from God. After babies leave the womb they can starve and die, and they damn well better not get sick on HIS dime - especially if they are those lazy criminal pro-union welfare sucking brown babies.
Nasty is as nasty says!
You are one nasty person!
You ever hear of "Two Wrongs don't make a Right"???
Adoption would be a blessing to a child, and barren parents!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Judged:

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
He just can't keep away from a woman's uterus. He wants to control their bodies.
No!
We want you to "control" it yourself!
Give it to your Husband... Just as God made it!
Or you could just want to be a tramp,
but why compound the sin with Murder?
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Judged:

stuck in a lodi wrote:
My point is....as of yet, those questions cannot be answered. It is a 'work in progress'
When Thomas Edison was asked how do you feel about the thousands of failed attempts of inventing light bulb, he said,'I don't view them as failures, I now know 10,000 ways not to make a light bulb.
I know 10,000 ways Not to live a Life!
I found the way in Christ!
Now... You do not have to go through the other 9,999 ways...
You can just jump on board!
Or not... it is your choice!
curious

Ocoee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Yet you believe god needed no creator. Sorry to blow your whole arguement.
The only thing you've blown is your mind....

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Judged:

SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
That still doesn't constitute "no need" for ethics, morality, civility, decency or humane humanity.
Not the first quark.
(except for maybe psychotic LOSERS, who are just that).
Fair enough

However, contrary to what some of the believers in here think, their religion does not have a monopoly on good ethics and morality.

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>No!
We want you to "control" it yourself!
Give it to your Husband... Just as God made it!
Or you could just want to be a tramp,
but why compound the sin with Murder?
Fortunately, in countries where religion is dying (that includes the USA), women do have control of their uteruses.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Nasty is as nasty says!
You are one nasty person!
You ever hear of "Two Wrongs don't make a Right"???
Adoption would be a blessing to a child, and barren parents!
It's the truth, YaA. Nasty is as nasty does. You want to protect the fetus and corporate executives and anybody else can eat sht and die. I didn't create your ilk's "morals" and I sure as HELL don't condone them.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 5 min tew 1,068
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr wtf 151,029
Travis slushpup 3 hr Beenthere 1
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 3 hr yourmommm 1,048
Mayor West Sunday Campaining Respect the Sabbath 6 hr yep 15
union 7 hr curious 7
betty mills 7 hr town girl 1
•••
•••
•••