Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 133,213

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#116663 Nov 8, 2013
curious wrote:
IS BEING AN ATHEIST BAD FOR YOUR HEALTH?
Beaconmist eaconapologetics
In my experience with atheists, I have found most of them to be unhappy individuals (not all, but most of my encounters). I have found them to be not only unhappy, but downright miserable when it comes to chat rooms or forum debates. I took a bit of time out for research and was somewhat surprised to find medical and psychological reports that were shocking. Here is some of what I found;
A Connection between Atheism and Suicide?
In 2004, the American Journal of Psychiatry had reported the following:
“Religiously unaffiliated subjects had significantly more lifetime suicide attempts and more first-degree relatives who committed suicide than subjects who endorsed a religious affiliation. Unaffiliated subjects were younger, less often married, less often had children, and had less contact with family members. Furthermore, subjects with no religious affiliation perceived fewer reasons for living, particularly fewer moral objections to suicide. In terms of clinical characteristics, religiously unaffiliated subjects had more lifetime impulsivity, aggression, and past substance use disorder. No differences in the level of subjective and objective depression, hopelessness, or stressful life events were found.
http://www.adherents.com reported the following in respect to Atheism and Suicide:
“Pitzer College sociologist Phil Zuckerman compiled country-by-country survey, polling and census numbers relating to atheism, agnosticism, disbelief in God and people who state they are non-religious or have no religious preference. These data were published in the chapter titled “Atheism: Contemporary Rates and Patterns” in The Cambridge Companion to Atheism, ed. by Michael Martin, Cambridge University Press: Cambridge, UK (2005). In examining various indicators of societal health, Zuckerman concludes about suicide:
“Concerning suicide rates, this is the one indicator of societal health in which religious nations fare much better than secular nations. According to the 2003 World Health Organization’s report on international male suicides rates (which compared 100 countries), of the top ten nations with the highest male suicide rates, all but one (Sri Lanka) are strongly irreligious nations with high levels of atheism. It is interesting to note, however, that of the top remaining nine nations leading the world in male suicide rates, all are former Soviet/Communist nations, such as Belarus, Ukraine, and Latvia. Of the bottom ten nations with the lowest male suicide rates, all are highly religious nations with statistically insignificant levels of organic atheism.”
A Connection between Atheism and Obesity?
“Results are based on telephone interviews conducted as part of the Gallup-Healthways Well-Being Index survey Jan. 2-July 28, 2010, with a random sample of 554,066 adults, aged 18 and older, living in all 50 U.S. states and the District of Columbia, selected using random-digit-dial sampling.”
“Very religious Americans make healthier choices than their moderately religious and nonreligious counterparts across all four of the Healthy Behavior Index metrics, including smoking, healthy eating, and regular exercise. Smoking is one area of particular differentiation between the very religious and less religious Americans, with the nonreligious 85% more likely to be smokers than those who are very religious.”
Christopher Hitchens died on 15 December 2011, from complications arising from oesophageal cancer, a disease that he acknowledged was more than likely due to his lifelong predilection for heavy smoking and drinking.
Cut and pasted straight from some religious web site, I have little doubt.
I wonder if suicide bombing were included? One horrible act only the religious do.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#116664 Nov 8, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
If it all did begin around the time of the "big bang" (?) actually, yes there would be.
A huge one.
Do feel free to carry on with your self exaulted, hot air platitudes of narcissism however...Dukey.
Now tell us why you deduce, if it started then, it must be a god? Kind of taking a giant leap.
Automatically assigning a god has no validity. You are clearly assuming based upon dogma.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#116665 Nov 8, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
What you think is"perfectly reasonable" is determined by the Gap between your ears , which needs to be filled in by God ,
Still got nothing?

<quoted text>You can claim it is unreasonable all you wish. It is but your opinion of what is reasonable. I think it perfectly reasonable to not insert a god into a gap of knowledge. It was reasonable to do so with thunder and Thor and it is reasonable to do so now.
Known Fact

Somerset, KY

#116666 Nov 8, 2013
Church rescue TV series.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/lifestyle/570978...

If you don't trust the link then just Google it and it's there. Funny ship. Dumb ship but really funny ship.

I like boats.

.... It's just so big.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#116667 Nov 8, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Christopher Hitchens wrote , in his book
"My own view is that this planet is used as a penal colony, lunatic asylum and dumping ground by a superior civilization, to get rid of the undesirable and unfit. I can't prove it, but you can't disprove it either. It happens to be my view,
Hitchens died on 15 December 2011, from complications arising from oesophageal cancer, a disease that he acknowledged was more than likely due to his lifelong predilection for heavy smoking and drinking
Hitchens admitted to drinking heavily; in 2003 he wrote that his daily intake of alcohol was enough "to kill or stun the average mule", arguing that many great writers "did some of their finest work when blotto, smashed, polluted, shitfaced, squiffy, whiffled, and three sheets to the wind."
So the Atheists have made him into a hero ,who represents their Faith.
He believes that humans were created by Superior Beings and dumped here in order to get rid of the undesirable and the unfit.
he believes that Earth is used as a penal colony and lunatic asylum
by these self same Superior Beings and claims that although he can not prove his claims ,neither can anyone disprove them.
To me ,it sounds like the irrational rantings of the Town Drunk and village idiot.
Of course , Atheists fail to see the absurdity of this Charlatan
I think he was being sarcastic, as he often does to make a point, and he did make a great point.
One can insert any imaginative thing into a gap of knowledge. You do it, and claim to be sane, and serious.

Atheists no representative as you guys always do. We use our own mind. I disagree with many things Hitchens said.
Oh, and why are you still making up what we believe? Pathological.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#116668 Nov 8, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Whilst mere, mortal men presented the "big bang" theory to civilization, I don't believe I would (or could) credit the same, as being the "creator"(s) of such.
Not in the forms that history has shown mere mortal men to exist as anyway.
Anything else..you need help.. with? Maybe a nice log in to an actually fundamentally sound library, with a repository of nice scientific type data?
Now if you could only show a god had anything to do with it.
I am sure you and Curious would be claiming Thor is responsible for thunder if you lived in those times, as you are doing the same philosophically as they. Insert a god into a gap of knowledge.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#116669 Nov 8, 2013
PigBenis wrote:
<quoted text>
Childish, kindergarten-level stupidity...and my comments are considered attacks? You are too defensive and seemingly childish in your own right to continue this argument. I'm kicking water uphill. If you're going to keep saying one thing, then follow that up with a defensive rant about how you didn't say it, we're going to get nowhere pretty fast. It's pretty obvious where the childish behavior lies from this side of the fence. I guess I don't have enough hate in my heart to be a good Christian. Thank Zeus.
Mr. Big Penis, I mean PigBenis(Freudian slip), you are exactly correct about Sista.

Since: Sep 13

United States of America

#116670 Nov 8, 2013
Curious you post studies, reports, essays, whatever you want to call them, yet the one thing you fail to post is the LINK so that anyone who wishes to read what you post in it's entirety can.

You fail to do this because you don't want the general population to know just how deviant you really are, you intentionally leave out aspects of that which you post, so that your argument is viewed in a better light.

Oh the tangled webs we weave when we practice to deceive!
You remember your buddy Miles Mathis, he shares similar actions. For instance... He posted several things on the Web, and when the responses were overwhelmingly negative, he shut it down so that no one could leave feedback!

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#116671 Nov 8, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
YOu ever think the reason might be because 8 of the 10 are post-Soviet countries, suggesting that decades of totalitarianism, depressed economies, and a lack of basic human freedoms may be more significant in explaining the high rates of suicide than low levels of God-belief.
But alas, Curious just wants to think it's because of the non-belief.
Same thing crossed my mind.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#116672 Nov 8, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
And you can show NO EVIDENCE that would indicate God does not exist , or that God is not in control.
You are limited to " seems more likely, no God controls"
Whereas we believe "That God is in control"
I can show it is highly unlikely the god you worship does not exist. No, I cannot prove it. But I am not making absolute claims, you are. Yet you have failed to show evidence for your absolute claims.
A moral god does not murder people for worshiping what they believe is a god. So if your god is real, it is immoral. I could give a shit if an immoral god created anything. I certainly would not worship it, no matter what it threatened me with.

United States of America

#116673 Nov 8, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
That warmth that you feel is not due to my thinking of you , I'll leave that to your boyfriend.
That warm feeling is probably caused by your having wet your pants
Well now, lets ask the people who follows this thread.
You can't deny it Curious, every time an unknown pops in this room you accuse them of being me, witw, md, or Chro.
Stop comparing your bodily functions to me. If you want to have boyfriends, that's your business, Not judging you, but that's not my forte. I am happily married!

Now.. go eat your Jell-O, close your robe and ask your nurse to change your soiled depend.
Perhaps that's your problem....you keep the raw a$$ due to your nurse neglecting to change your diaper in a timely manner.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#116674 Nov 8, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Read your Bible!
She was also a child of the Promise!
Buy a clue!
Jesus said to;
Love God with all your heart,
Love your enemies, and
Love your Neighbor!
To be a Christian... You MUST Follow Christ's teachings!
You can claim to be a Doctor, but the first time you attempt
to check my oil... Negates your claim!
Does that mean you think Ann is in heaven or hell?

United States of America

#116675 Nov 8, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
let us look at what Christopher Hitchens has stated that he believes'
Hitchens is also famous for saying that
"My own view is that this planet is used as a penal colony, lunatic asylum and dumping ground by a superior civilization, to get rid of the undesirable and unfit. I can't prove it, but you can't disprove it either. It happens to be my view,
What does Hitchens mean when he talks about a Superior Civilization using the Earth as a dumping ground as a penal colony for the unfit and undesirable , that Earth is a lunatic asylum to which we have been sent by Superior beings who have judged us and found us wanting.
Does that mean these Superior beings are God's ,that have powers superior to ours , are unknown to us and have evaded our detection.
He has stated that these Supreme Beings have judged us and found us to be unfit to live in their world.
Their world being a far superior world than the one we have been condemmed to ,,,Kind of like their Heaven and Our hell.
And for this belief of his he states that he has no evidence to support it , Or as he Stated" I can't prove it and you can't disprove it"
His beliefs are a total contradiction to Atheistic Faith,
that man was created by natural means right here on Earth,
whereas Hitchens believes that humans were created by God's from
some unknown place , whom we can not see.
Is he being irrational in claiming Superior Beings judged us ,found us to be unworthy , and brought us here as punishment?
Or ,was he under the influence of Alcohol when he stated his beliefs in his book, after all , he did claim to have a huge drinking problem since his youth.
Why Atheists take this buffoon and hypocrite seriously shows their desperate need to have their baseless Faith justified.
Their Heroine of thed 1980's , Madylin Murray O'hair was another
buffoon , who having been unmasked for what she is , by her own son, is no longer mentioned in Atheist Circles.
either he was being irrational or he was drunk..Either way there is no reason to lend credence to anything he helieved in or wrote about.
That is ,unless you are an Atheist and have a desperate need,regardless of the means , to justify a Faith without foundation
First things first, is this YOUR impression of what he thinks or is this someone's else's impression that you are copying and pasting as Your own??

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#116676 Nov 8, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
The only thing you've blown is your mind....
No rebuttal again?

<quoted text>Yet you believe god needed no creator. Sorry to blow your whole argument.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#116677 Nov 8, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>First things first, is this YOUR impression of what he thinks or is this someone's else's impression that you are copying and pasting as Your own??
Obviously by the lack of misspelled words, it is not the impression of Curious. It looks to be the impression of someone who is reading an article about a study that they never actually looked at.
AllofOneBlood

Horse Cave, KY

#116678 Nov 8, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
Which film would that be?
If you are referring to the link you posted, then no, I didn't watch because I don't click on links.
If there is something you wish to discuss, go for it.
If the basis of your discussion revolves around a You tube video how much credibility does it actually possess?
It's not a joke or trick or something that would harm your computer, I made it a few years ago along with several others. It will answer the question you are looking for if you will sincerely look at with an open mind or just a few minutes. It's about 10 minutes long.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#116679 Nov 8, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
I attended a Catholic church...with a parish center.
There were no cults, we were absolutely free to think for ourselves.
Actually, we were strongly encouraged to...and it taught us to be wary of the warped and depraved.
Heck, they didn't even mind that some of the parish folks held Masters plus degrees in Science, from Yale derivative institutions.
Therefore, I am unable to relate to your stereotype bigotry.
Well the word 'cult' is very subjective and it is unlikely anyone believes they are in a cult.

They always claim they are free to think and such. The secret is, the cults are good at brainwashing, as the brainwashed never know they are being brainwashed.

I note, nothing you said had a thing to do with your response, as per usual.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#116680 Nov 8, 2013
AllofOneBlood wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not a joke or trick or something that would harm your computer, I made it a few years ago along with several others. It will answer the question you are looking for if you will sincerely look at with an open mind or just a few minutes. It's about 10 minutes long.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =orBjzI1uPqIXX
It is boring as hell, and I could not last the full ten minutes. It is a cut and paste job.
We get it, your bible predicted some would not believe its crazy claims. Who would have guessed?

United States of America

#116681 Nov 8, 2013
Hitchens was controversial at times, But Hitchens was respected by his colleagues. Even Tony Blair respected him after their heated debate on religion in 2010.

Why are you even placing Hitchens and Mathis in the same category, I don't see a connection here other than Hitchens being controversial as well as Mathis. But IMO that's where the similarities end.

Hitchens is considered to have been highly intelligent and cunning.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#116682 Nov 8, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
Curious you post studies, reports, essays, whatever you want to call them, yet the one thing you fail to post is the LINK so that anyone who wishes to read what you post in it's entirety can.
You fail to do this because you don't want the general population to know just how deviant you really are, you intentionally leave out aspects of that which you post, so that your argument is viewed in a better light.
Oh the tangled webs we weave when we practice to deceive!
You remember your buddy Miles Mathis, he shares similar actions. For instance... He posted several things on the Web, and when the responses were overwhelmingly negative, he shut it down so that no one could leave feedback!
This is what Hitchens said"
"My own view is that this planet is used as a penal colony, lunatic asylum and dumping ground by a superior civilization, to get rid of the undesirable and unfit. I can't prove it, but you can't disprove it either. It happens to be my view"
Of course , you Atheists do not want to face that issue ,you can't deny it or defend it , so you hide behind illconceived lies and excuses.
Mathis mentioned that Hitchens was a heavy drinker ,he was being kind , Hitchens admitted that he drank every day and that he did his best writing when he wse "Sheetfaced" among other adjectives that he used to describe his alcoholism.
You Atheists , Dukette , Chroe ,KHATRU,
LOL , witchetty and the other members of the Fools Corps, do not want that issue brought up because it totally destroys one of the heroes of your Faith.
His writings form part of the foudation of your Faith and what a weak foundation it is.
So you have to lie,connive ,mislead and use any other illconceiced and concocted means to avoid dealing with the truth.
So , I play you like a violin and the screeching contained in your postings is because your strings are out of tune.
You post negative information about Miles without providing any evidence.....but I don't care about that , you are merely trying to change the subject because you are unwilling and unable to deal with the facts regarding your alcoholic irrational hero.
So you can all stop your screeching , you sound like a cat that got it's tail stepped on.
Dukette calls me a liar ,I ignore him because he has already confirmed his foolishness.
That,from one who probably believes he was created by Geppetto by natural means from nonliving,nonconscious and nonintelligent matter
a chunk of wood.
You probaly provided the log from which that chunk of wood was cut.

You twits accept the writings of a confessed alcoholic , who has confessed that he does his best writing when he is Sheetfaced , as part of the basis for your faith
not only that ,but hitchens claiming that he does not believe in God ,punishment or hell claims that Superior Beings "GODS" dumped us on this planet ,because in these God's judgements , we were unfit to live in their superior world.
You guys and your faith have more problems than Hogan's Goat and it's descendants.
Fact is that you all lack the cojones to deal with the real Christopher Hitchens , He was an irrational Alcoholic ,who Atheists have accepted as a Saviour of their Faith.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for a good, friendly, small Baptist chu... 5 min new church 1
No super high speed internet in rural area's 21 min angry voter 1
pnc 2 hr the worst 13
Where is Mark Blanton (Sep '10) 3 hr sexy girl 2
Dalon trent 8 hr mag 1
dinky phipps 8 hr shamed 25
To the Garland family 8 hr herman 15
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web