Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
111,061 - 111,080 of 130,508 Comments Last updated 6 min ago
curious

Ocoee, FL

#116505 Nov 6, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
Again, We don't need to mix around some chemicals in a vat and pull out a mouse to show that life can come from non-life, we only need to show that the formation of the building blocks of life is possible.
What part of this do you not understand?
I undestand it all.
I also understand that the fact that I might have some steel .aluminum and rubber does not mean I can build a jet fighter plane.
What part of that do you not undestand?
Truth

Flatgap, KY

#116506 Nov 6, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFL! You wrote that just as a knuckleheaded religie would. Kudos!
If I wasn't trying to stick up for an almighty person than I would be cussing u like crazy right. But I'm done fighting with rejects by by

Since: Sep 13

United States of America

#116507 Nov 6, 2013
In post# 116470 you state that Scientists claim that only life can create life, That is Wrong!

That is what Creationist and Religionist claim, or someone like you.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#116508 Nov 6, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right, I pity you.
You ARE looking to Science to answer your theological questions which is indeed an exercise in futility.
You are right, I pity you.
You don't have the intelligence or ability to recognize when you are contradicting yourself!
You are right, I pity you, as does everyone on this thread.
Not me. I think he belongs in a home (if he isn't in one already) and I'd pity his nurse.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#116509 Nov 6, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
If I wasn't trying to stick up for an almighty person than I would be cussing u like crazy right. But I'm done fighting with rejects by by
Reject the snake handler crowd and buy buy some grade school English texts.
Bye-bye, now.

United States of America

#116510 Nov 6, 2013
So let me get this str8..... you dare question a Deity {unproven to exist} when he spontaneously creates life from dust/dirt or clay, But will question all other possibilities when no Deity is involved?

lol

Alright y then!

Since: Feb 12

Roseville, CA

#116511 Nov 6, 2013
Proof there is no God.

The Boy With Butterfly Skin

The religies believe God has given children this disease because he knows they are strong enough to handle it.

United States of America

#116512 Nov 6, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Not me. I think he belongs in a home (if he isn't in one already) and I'd pity his nurse.
Ha ha!

I can just imagine his nurse hurling chunks when her eyes rest on the vision of those old shriveled up nuggets hanging down to his knees when he flashes them, because in his delusional mind he thinks he's a stud
curious

Ocoee, FL

#116513 Nov 6, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
Might I ask a question to you?
Your whole argument is based on the assumption that life cannot come from non life, you say things like ... show me the emergence of life sprouting from a 'rock' I find that quite ironic, Jews, Muslims, and Christians all believe God created life from non-life (humans come from dust according to Jews and Christians, clay for Muslims), so they do not actually object to
life coming from non-living matter, they only object to it happening without the intervention of a deity. While the objection is rooted in
special pleading, it does raise a question worth considering. Are scientists and atheists really at a loss here, or is there evidence that life can arise from non-life?
No foolish one ,my whole argument is based on the belief that life can not come from nonlifeof it's own volition or by natural means.
I haave posted on several occasions that I beliece that GOD created mankind from the dust of the ground.
When he created us he provided us with intelligence ,life and consciousness.
In order to accept that we were not created by intelligent design , I would have to accept as valid , the incredibly unreal belief that we attained these properties by natural means.
Consciousness itself can hardly be explained by the most intelligent . It is not material , can not be seen ,can not be measured and is subject to no laws.
One single cell is more complicated than the most advanced machine created by man.
Scientist Seth Grant states that we came by our intelligence as the result of (a simple invertebrate animal living in the sea 500 million years ago experienced a 'genetic accident')
There is no evidence that life,intelligence or consciousness can be attained by natural means . If it could, then Scientists would have no need to try and create life and them try to endow it with consciousness and intelligence.
How many hours will they spend designing different experiments trying to create life.? Who knows
How many times will they fail in their efforts? who knows
Will they ever ctreate a recipe that will succeed? who Knows
But , if they ever do,it will only prove what billions already believe. Life can only be created by Intelligent design
curious

Ocoee, FL

#116514 Nov 6, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL There is nothing better than reading the postings of the inhouse village fools attempt at comedy.
You 2 sound like the comedy writers for Hogans Goat

Don't give up your day jobs or you will wind up working with Witchetty ,,, You know decorating Christmas trees for that Christian lady that gave her a job

No Mas Pantalones por favor

United States of America

#116515 Nov 6, 2013
curious wrote:
—Evolutionist Sir Fred Hoyle
Many, if not most, origin-of-life researchers now agree with Hoyle: Life could not have originated by chance or by any known natural processes.[148] Many Evolutionists are now searching for some theoretical force within matter which might push matter toward the assembly of greater complexity. Most Creationists believe this is doomed to failure, since it contradicts the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics.
It is important to note that the information written on DNA molecules is not produced by any known natural interaction of matter. Matter and molecules have no innate intelligence, allowing self organization into codes. There are no known physical laws which give molecules a natural tendency to arrange themselves into such coded structures.[149]
Like a computer disk, DNA has no intelligence. The complex, purposeful codes of this “master program” could only have originated outside itself. In the case of a computer program, the original codes were put there by an intelligent being, a programmer. Likewise, for DNA, it seems clear that intelligence must have come first, before the existence of DNA. Statistically, the odds are enormously in favor of that theory. DNA bears the marks of intelligent manufacture.
Creationists and
intelligent design advocates are fond of coughing up statistics for the improbability of abiogenesis and evolution, while pretending that their alternative of sudden and static creation by an invisible, eternal, immaterial, and all-powerful being is a more plausible explanation for how life originated. Famed astronomer Fred Hoyle is frequently cited giving a figure of 10^40,000 for the probability of life arising from non-life. In his book, Evolution from Space, he calculates the figure:

"Consider now the chance that in a random ordering of the twenty
different amino acids which make up the polypeptides it just happens that the different kinds fall into the order appropriate to a particular enzyme. The chance of obtaining a suitable backbone can hardly be greater than one part in 10^15, and the chance of obtaining the appropriate active site can hardly be greater than one part in 10^5.
Because the fine details of the surface shape can be varied we shall take the conservative line of not 'piling on the agony' by including any further small probability for the rest of the enzyme. The two small probabilities we are including are quite enough. They have to be multiplied, when they yield a chance of one part in 10^20 of obtaining the required enzyme in a functioning form.

"By itself, this small probability could be faced, because one must contemplate not just a single shot at obtaining the enzyme, but a very large number of trials such as are supposed to have occurred in an organic soup early in the history of the Earth. The trouble is that there are about two thousand enzymes, and the chance of obtaining them all in a random trial is only one part in (10^20)2000=10^40,000, an outrageously small probability that could not be faced even if the whole universe consisted of organic soup." [6]
curious

Ocoee, FL

#116516 Nov 6, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha ha!
I can just imagine his nurse hurling chunks when her eyes rest on the vision of those old shriveled up nuggets hanging down to his knees when he flashes them, because in his delusional mind he thinks he's a stud
Glad to see that you are finally discussing a topic commensutare with your intellectual abilities.

BTW You still feed your cockroaches Viagara and watch them in action in order to get yourself sexually aroused?

United States of America

#116517 Nov 6, 2013
I and others have stated on numerous occasions that {I} we do not know how , who, or if the Universe was created.

The only person insisting unequivocally that 'God did it' is you, mind you...you have no proof of that which you state, but it's entertaining nonetheless.

Atheist and Scientist alike view these circumstances as an on-going project of trials and errors, that will climax with the answer to the question everyone is asking. It's only a matter of time.

United States of America

#116518 Nov 6, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I undestand it all.
I also understand that the fact that I might have some steel .aluminum and rubber does not mean I can build a jet fighter plane.
What part of that do you not undestand?
No you don't understand it all, and that's the problem. Example: If you asked how I made a video game with a whole graphical world out of simple letters and numbers, and I responded,'I designed it,' you would probably look at me strangely and repeat the question, because I did not actually give you an answer.

Yet this is exactly what you expect Atheist, Scientists to do when presented with 'God Did It'.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#116519 Nov 6, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup. If Rana had published 50 years ago he'd be a YEC instead of an OEC. Confirmation Bias' Greatest Hits, vol. MMXIII
Who's Rana? What's a YEC and an OEC?

Confirmation bias?

You got something against ppl sitting in choir lofts, doing origamis?
:-)

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

#116520 Nov 6, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
Might I ask a question to you?
Your whole argument is based on the assumption that life cannot come from non life, you say things like ... show me the emergence of life sprouting from a 'rock' I find that quite ironic, Jews, Muslims, and Christians all believe God created life from non-life (humans come from dust according to Jews and Christians, clay for Muslims), so they do not actually object to
life coming from non-living matter, they only object to it happening without the intervention of a deity. While the objection is rooted in
special pleading, it does raise a question worth considering. Are scientists and atheists really at a loss here, or is there evidence that life can arise from non-life?
First things first... Give me a Absolute definition of "Life".... then we can go from there....
curious

Ocoee, FL

#116521 Nov 6, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
No you don't understand it all, and that's the problem. Example: If you asked how I made a video game with a whole graphical world out of simple letters and numbers, and I responded,'I designed it,' you would probably look at me strangely and repeat the question, because I did not actually give you an answer.
Yet this is exactly what you expect Atheist, Scientists to do when presented with 'God Did It'.
OK Now you are telling me that you know what I do and do not understand.
Anyhow ,given your example.Given that you are intelligent,I would have no reason to believe that you are not capable of designing a video game and that you would not have a reason to lie to me.
What you accomplished is not impossible.
Now ,if you told me that these letters amd numbers had somehow arranged themselves in such a , on their own, then I would question your answer.
In other words , the video did not design itself and if you kept insisting that it had , then I would question your mental stability , with good reason to do so.
I can not begin to comprehend how it is possible that intelligence ,life and consciousness ,can somehow by accident or natural means can be created by forces that have no way of knowing about those properties , how they function or what makes them function.
To take it a step further , I am not arrogant enough to believe that there is no intelligence greater than human intelligence.
On the other hand, you believe that some unknown ,unintelligent force has the ability to create something much greater than itself and provide it with propertie that itself does not have.
Once ,I shared many of the same doubts that you have.
Events that occured in my life led me on a search. Those events were so powerful that they lead me to comclude that there is an unseen power that was responding to my needs.
That power is what I call God.
some will claim that what I experienced and the results thereof
were caused by my imagination , that they did not really occur or that they can be attributed to chance.
They draw those coclusions based on their opinions and having never experienced what I experienced.
They feel qualified to pass judgement on something they know nothing about....That is life...
You have your beliefs , I have mine and that is the way it is.

United States of America

#116522 Nov 6, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
First things first... Give me a Absolute definition of "Life".... then we can go from there....
Exactly!! The layperson often thinks of life and non-life as a
distinction between a human and a rock, as one example, yet this does not even begin to grasp the wide spectrum of what might fall under a definition for life. As atheist writer Austin Cline asks, "[w]hat sort of definition would include viruses, but not fire... sterile mules, but not self-replicating crystals?" Life is a more ambiguous concept than we think, not because it is some mystical or magical force, but because the line between life and non-life is very unclear at times.
AllofOneBlood

Horse Cave, KY

#116523 Nov 6, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>I have not been following your comments; but since you asked, I will answer.
<quoted text>
Yes
<quoted text>
Because I have never been a static in the penal system, thus enforcing the fact that I'm a law abiding citizen.
<quoted text> By the standards set forth of the United States Judicial System.
And your last question....Does it really matter to me? Yes it does, for you see, I don't have to be threatened by some hell fire, and damnation in order to be a good person.
You didn't watch the film did you?

United States of America

#116524 Nov 6, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL There is nothing better than reading the postings of the inhouse village fools attempt at comedy.
You 2 sound like the comedy writers for Hogans Goat
Don't give up your day jobs or you will wind up working with Witchetty ,,, You know decorating Christmas trees for that Christian lady that gave her a job
No Mas Pantalones por favor
Honestly, what is with your obsession with that phrase?
Pretty sure everyone knows you don't wear pants, especially your nurse who has actually performed an acid wash on her eyes trying to remove that visual.
Poor child, she's damaged for life.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 min Straw Grasping Te... 151,173
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 7 min ret 1,381
C is for Cookie 1 hr Waldorf and Statler 1
atv drags (Nov '08) 2 hr Hannibal 25
Mayor. And school board candidates slinging Mud... 2 hr Gomer 29
Johnnie Mcgegor at csc 3 hr Brenda 10
Roger Vanover trying to buy perscription medici... (May '12) 3 hr Girl 40
•••
•••
Barbourville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••