Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 149000 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#116736 Nov 10, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Really?
I Love you, as you're just as stupid as I was!
Hoping you buy a clue...
Why? Gave up on Santa bringing you one for xmas?

“See how you are?”

Earth

#116737 Nov 10, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>It also talks about "Creeping things"...
Some insects are very creepy!
Yes, the Bible says a lot of creepy things.
Yes and Amen

Mount Sterling, KY

#116738 Nov 10, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
"Nothing further need be said" is the excuse given by the mentally malnourished when dealing with issues beyond their comprehension.
That is the type of mentality that qualifies one for the ignominious position of Village Idiot
Notice...
Everything is a "Pantload" for people with the Blind
narrative of evilution, and atheism!
They are afraid of who they may find when they call
on His Name!
May they all have the NEED to call on His Name! Amen!
Yes and Amen

Mount Sterling, KY

#116739 Nov 10, 2013
Khatru wrote:
And the god of the bible wanted that poor kid to honour her parents.
http://www.examiner.com/article/christian-hom...
"Hana’s death was consistent with a corporal punishment style advocated by many Christian extremists, and memorialized in the controversial book, To Train Up A Child. According to reports, Hana was beaten and starved as part of a regimen of corporal punishment subscribed to by many Christian homeschoolers and other Christian fundamentalists."
One poor kid...
How about the MILLIONS your side killed?
http://www.mrconservative.com/2012/02/1903-19...
Yes and Amen

Mount Sterling, KY

#116740 Nov 10, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
""Nothing further need be said" is the excuse given by the mentally malnourished when dealing with issues beyond their comprehension.
That is the type of mentality that qualifies one for the ignominious position of Village Idiot."
----------
Well, that is Yaa's position.("Tard!" is Yaa's preferred response.)
Thought you Christians stick together but I guess not.
Curious, on the other hand, just goes on and on with meaningless babble, trying to appear intelligent and hoping no one will notice the foolishness of what he is saying.
You forget...
WE were ignorant on purpose... Tards, Idiots... whatever...
Then we woke up... We found the truth, and now....
We want you to KNOW the Truth!
God is real... Get to KNOW HIM!
You WILL be Glad you did, AND you WILL SEE what a Tard you WERE!
Amen!
Stop being Ignorant on Purpose!
But... that is up to you!

“See how you are?”

Earth

#116741 Nov 10, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Notice...
on His Name!
The obvious answer is the correct one. Have you thought about changing your underwear? Maybe washing something besides your brain?

"May they all have the NEED to call on..."? Sounds like you are attempting to curse people, YaA - and you know that it's a sin. Adding "Amen" means you petition your God to curse and that is a sin, too.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#116742 Nov 10, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>One poor kid...
Yes, we know about your pantload. The husband owns the chattel and God owns the uterus. If a guy gets a tramp skuz whore preggo he's mucho machismo virile and boys will be boys. Any woman who dares have any opinion besides yours is a slut. Done deal.
Preventive care doesn't include teaching "anti-Godly" sex ed or making "immoral" birth control accessible. Prenatal care doesn't include wasting your tax dollars on liberal sht like health of the mother or employers coughing up actual living wages, and post natal care doesn't include liberal sht like real education, food or medical insurance. You pretend that Christian girls don't get abortions and that strict laws wouldn't lead to well-to-do daughters taking more out of country "vacations" and a flood of botched back alley procedures for those who can't afford better.

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#116743 Nov 10, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text> You forget...
You simply traded one kind of addiction (drugs, alcohol and sex) for another one..religion.
That doesn't make you "woke up."
You are still just as messed up in the head.
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text> We want you to KNOW the Truth!
No, you don't. You mouth the word "love" but there is no emotion there.
It's just that you feel validated when others have the same delusion as you.

That's why you enjoy church. It's like a gang or club where everyone has the same interests. You all talk the same jargon and feel part of the "group." It strokes your massive ego. You think you are part of an elite "in" crowd with special knowledge.
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text> God is real... Get to KNOW HIM!
Accept your fantasy? Not, as they say, for all the tea in China, honey.

Having not fried my brain on drugs/alcohol and lost all self-respect for myself, I know what is real and what isn't.
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text> Stop being Ignorant on Purpose!
My very words to you.....

Get professional help before you hurt your family or some random stranger.

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#116744 Nov 10, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>You forget... I met My God...
He saved me!
He can save you too!
Your testimony is no more valid than those people of other religions who also claim to have met their gods.

Cambridge, UK

#116745 Nov 10, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>It also talks about "Creeping things"...
Some insects are very creepy!
Here's a heads up.......insects have six legs - not four.

Cambridge, UK

#116746 Nov 10, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>One poor kid...
However, there's no getting away from the fact that you still believe your god killed his millions and that you also believe and look forward to a day when he'll kill his billions.

The dire and misguided acts of Stalin and Mao dwindle before the sheer scale of the slaughter your god has planned for humanity.

At least we aren't hypocritical enough to say that Stalin and Mao were full of love as they killed their millions.

Cambridge, UK

#116747 Nov 10, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>You forget...
We want you to KNOW the Truth!
God is real... Get to KNOW HIM!
Amen!
Stop being Ignorant on Purpose!
But... that is up to you!
Where is Anne Frank right now?

In Heaven or in Hell?
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#116748 Nov 10, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Obviously my logic is so sound, you just cannot find a reasonable rebuttal.
<quoted text>Well the word 'cult' is very subjective and it is unlikely anyone believes they are in a cult.
They always claim they are free to think and such. The secret is, the cults are good at brainwashing, as the brainwashed never know they are being brainwashed.
I note, nothing you said had a thing to do with your response, as per usual.
Talking about being brainwashed , you have done a great job of brainwashing yourself.
Describing yourself as"my logic is so sound" and other self serving statements , such self praise , you have an ego problem .

You have judged yourself and found yourself to be GREAAAAAAT.
Tony The Tiger would probably disagree with you
You may also be suffering from the same illness that afflicted Freud....
Anyhow ,as my daddy used to say , a Fool finds no faults in himself ,or something like that
No mas Pantalones.
The Diamonds loved to GO STROLLING in Wnonderland
The Atheists Love to Go Trolling in Wonmderland.
And they come California , Iowa ,Nottingham and Mt. Dora

“See how you are?”

Earth

#116749 Nov 10, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
However, there's no getting away from the fact that you still believe your god killed his millions and that you also believe and look forward to a day when he'll kill his billions.
The dire and misguided acts of Stalin and Mao dwindle before the sheer scale of the slaughter your god has planned for humanity.
At least we aren't hypocritical enough to say that Stalin and Mao were full of love as they killed their millions.
Religies claim to be enlightened with superior knowledge. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that humans are competitive, manipulative and self-serving whether they believe in a sky god or not. In many places the OT credits Yahweh for the horrific killings in Jewish military victories and for the rules and laws that are unconscionable by today's standards, but the religies deny any immorality of either the tribes or the god. Then in the NT the Jews and Romans get all of the blame for a death the religies praise as premeditated, prophesied, sanctioned and ordained by the Almighty.

"Enlightened by superior knowledge" doesn't quite describe the reality of the situation. "Incapable of understanding diddly squat" is a far more appropriate phrase to describe religies.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#116750 Nov 10, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
They proudly claim their God wiped out all but 8 humans, that He's going to obliterate even more with fire and that an overwhelming percentage of souls are marked for eternal persecution and torture. Stalin, Pol Pot, Mao, Hitler, Genghis Khan - plus the Black Death, smallpox, tuberculosis and cancer combined don't even come close to that.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#116751 Nov 10, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>There probably is no bigfoot. Is that faith based? There probably is no Leprechauns. Is that faith based?
We can see no gods, so if it really takes faith to think there probably is no gods, then it takes little faith.
I love how you guys want us to be like you so much, you insist we already are.
Your" impeccable Logic" has again misled you. YOU CAN NOT prove that God does not exist,neither can I prove that he does.
So both beliefs are based on Faith.
My faith is based on the belief that we were created by ID"GOD and my personal experiences with my God.
Your faith is based on your belief that there probably is no God.
So your Faith is based on a probability, my Faith is based on my beliefs , that which I have experienced and a very reasonable and credible explanation for ID as our creator.
You avoid the issue of creation altogether ,claiming it can not be known .
You dare not address how it could be possible that creation occured by natural means.
Therein lies the difference.
My faith is not based on irrationality .

That is why Christopher Hitchens is not MY mentor , I tend to place no credibility on the writings of one who claims he does his best writing when he is drunk and claims there is no God, while on the other hand,believing that Superior beings dumped us off on this planet because we are unfit undesirables.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#116752 Nov 10, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Notice...
on His Name!
I have noticed. When the issue of the irrational thinking of the
Alcoholic Hitchens was brought up , they said the same thing.
Attempted to discredit the writer,Miles Mathis,and refusing by all means to deal with the issue.
Hitchens own words convicted him and there was no way they could work around that issue other than by chicannery and any other deceptive means they could conjure up.
After all , it is Hitchens who admits that "he does his best writing ,when he is shitfaced"
ASdmitting to being shitfaced is much more than being drunk.
Then the fool , who claims we were not created by a Superior being ,states that he believes that " A Superior Race borught us to Earth and dumped us off here as punishment.
They had judged us and found us to be undesirable and unfit.
hhe further states that he has no evidence to support his beliefs
but that they can not be disproven

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#116753 Nov 10, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>You forget... I met My God...
He saved me!
He can save you too!
Forget? You only claimed to hear god, now you claim to have met him? Make up your mind. Can you not keep your lies straight?
Not that anything you said had anything to do with the post you responded to.
How does meeting your god make bashing other religions or gods not a contradiction of your complaints about bashing gods?

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#116754 Nov 10, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Talking about being brainwashed , you have done a great job of brainwashing yourself.
Describing yourself as"my logic is so sound" and other self serving statements , such self praise , you have an ego problem .
You have judged yourself and found yourself to be GREAAAAAAT.
Tony The Tiger would probably disagree with you
You may also be suffering from the same illness that afflicted Freud....
Anyhow ,as my daddy used to say , a Fool finds no faults in himself ,or something like that
No mas Pantalones.
The Diamonds loved to GO STROLLING in Wnonderland
The Atheists Love to Go Trolling in Wonmderland.
And they come California , Iowa ,Nttingham and Mt. Dora
When you guys cannot rebut my logic, what other conclusion should I have than it must be to solid to rebut?
Everytime you fail to even try to rebut my posts and whine like babies about what I said, I conclude you have no logic to rebut said post. Is this an illogical conclusion? If so, how so?
Known Fact

Somerset, KY

#116755 Nov 10, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
They proudly claim their God wiped out all but 8 humans, that He's going to obliterate even more with fire and that an overwhelming percentage of souls are marked for eternal persecution and torture. Stalin, Pol Pot, Mao, Hitler, Genghis Khan - plus the Black Death, smallpox, tuberculosis and cancer combined don't even come close to that.
God also gets death credit for all the natural disasters as well. This is what Pat Robertson said about the earthquake in Haiti.

"And you know, Kristi, something happened a long time ago in Haiti, and people might not want to talk about it.

“They were under the heel of the French, uh, you know Napoleon the 3rd and whatever, and they got together and swore a pact to the Devil.

“They said,'We will serve you if you'll get us free from the French.'

“True story.

“And so the Devil said,'Okay, it's a deal.’

“And, uh, they kicked the French out, you know, with Haitians revolted and got themselves free.

“But ever since they have been cursed by, by one thing after another, desperately poor.

“That island of Hispaniola is one island. It’s cut down the middle. On the one side is Haiti on the other side is the Dominican Republican.

“Dominican Republic is, is prosperous, healthy, full of resorts, etcetera.

“Haiti is in desperate poverty.

“Same island.

“They need to have and we need to pray for them a great turning to God and out of this tragedy I’m optimistic something good may come. But right now we’re helping the suffering people and the suffering is unimaginable.”

Religion is a joke.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
stinking creek 1 hr yes 86
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 4 hr Princess Hey 3,852
Three liquor stores in bville 5 hr Quantummist 26
Merrill speaks out, where? 6 hr Aaahh 6
Bonita you Promised Kids First ! 7 hr TuQuick4You 13
Msc topic disappeared wonder why lol??? 7 hr Amy 15
Yolanda 9 hr nasty girl 11
Jessie J. Mills 18 hr Basketball man 4
KCHS principal Wed Tax payer 30

Barbourville Jobs