Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 141220 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#116624 Nov 8, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
You are floundering around like a fish out of water.
You stepped headlon g into the quicksand and are looking for an unexisting lifeline to save you.
Your nonsense Atheism has you boxed in and you can not get out.
I do not base my faith on hypotheticals as you do.
reported by mankato Free press
Krauss’ fellow scientists at the dais, especially Frank Wilczek, expressed skepticism during the question-and-answer session about some of his far-reaching statements about a universe from nothing.
“Once you start talking about the laws being random or no laws at all, you really start from nothing at all, I think that’s going too far,” Wilczek said.“I think it’s really within a specific framework that you can discuss these things.”
Krauss didn’t budge, at least not much. He admitted he couldn’t explain how the universe came to be but said it was enough to show that it’s possible that a universe can come from nothing.
Note; Possibilities abound ,there is only one REALITY.
Looks like you just changed your claims about Krauss. Can you not keep track of your lies?

I never claim Krauss had evidence of how the universe came to be, but he can show a possible way. You only asked for a possible way, because without other possibilities, you insisted in putting god into the gap of possibilities.

I guess all of this is to scientific for your religious mind to comprehend.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#116625 Nov 8, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>God of the gap.
You cannot prove the claims you made about life, so why expect us to prove them wrong? The onus of evidence is upon he who claims. You are the one making claims that cannot be backed up with evidence.
Stop going around in circles ,you're making yourself dizzy.

I will repeat again. It is impossible for nonintelligent ,nonliving ,nonconscious matter to attain the properties of life,intelligence and consciousness.
If you can find evidence to contradict what I have stated ,do so..
I do not need excuses ,theories or hypothesis in order to believe what is obvious.
Therefore ,since only life is known to create life and since nonintelligence and nonconsciousness are totally incapable and totally unequipped to imagine ,let alone create those properties of which they know nothing ,of which they are totally unaware , which they have never experienced , it is beyond credulity ,that somehow they were able to attain them by their own nonpower
do you have any evidence to contradict what I have written.
The fact is that God is not your natural superior being.
He is Supernatural and theories and hypothesis based on natural means are incapable and totally and completely inadequate to prove or disprove his existence.
So , I do not rely on your theories ,hypothesis or opinions.
There is all the proof you need.
What you claim does not need az creator , has never been observrd
being able to create itself by natural means.
So , for someone to claim otherwise , it is THEY who need to
provide evidence , not theories or excuses.
Your Faith and belief that it happened otherwise is based on NOTHING other than wishful , neurotic thinking , for fear your faith without foundation will be destroyed

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#116627 Nov 8, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
This is who Dr. Albert is'
this critical distinction was not lost on fellow atheist Dr. David Albert. A Ph.D. in theoretical physics, Dr. Albert is a Professor at Columbia University and author of the book Quantum Mechanics and Experience.
This fellow Atheist of Krauss is the one who made those statements ,
So ,in essence , you have an Atheist,Dr. Albert , calling another Atheist ,Krauss , a fool. How ironic ,but fitting,.
Good to see you actually told us who this guy is. Now if you could only show all the claims with evidence? You paraphrase and quote with no links. Your reputation for lying is not helping here. I cannot know what is in context and what is not.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#116628 Nov 8, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
That is your claim,that there is no evidence that any God ever existed.
On the other hand there is absolutely no evidence that Nothing can create something out of nothing.
There is absolutely no evidence to support any hypothesis or theory that nonliving , nonintelligent and nonconscious matter can somehow ,attain those properties of which it is totally unaware and has no way of being familiar with.
That process is an impossibility beyond description. It is Science who has confirmed the fact that only life can create life
Therefore ,if unintelligence is not responsible for creating life and the universe , who or what is?
Could it be an accident caused by natural means... No, the reason is obvious.
Then, a reasonable person must conclude that ID God, is responsible.
But then , not everyone is reasonable.
If you are an Atheist , this reasoned and logical conclusion can not be accepted under any means.
Therefore they hide behind the excuse that there must be another answer which may never be known or has yet to be found. What that answer may be ,no one can define
That the Universe is created from nothing ,we can all agree on , The apostle Paul so stated 2000 years ago.
That the Universe does not need a creator can not be proven.
Theories abound ,but there is only one reality. Intelligent Design i.e. God.
The Atheists can concoct excuses and lean on their papermache crutches , a road that bypasses the land of reality and only leads to the land of foolishness
You can claim it is unreasonable all you wish. It is but your opinion of what is reasonable. I think it perfectly reasonable to not insert a god into a gap of knowledge. It was reasonable to do so with thunder and Thor and it is reasonable to do so now.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#116629 Nov 8, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Yet you seem so sure the claimed intelligent god is not in need of these rules. Your double standard betrays you.
Your ignorance is confirmed by your postings and sre only fit as food for the elephants
curious

Ocoee, FL

#116630 Nov 8, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Good to see you actually told us who this guy is. Now if you could only show all the claims with evidence? You paraphrase and quote with no links. Your reputation for lying is not helping here. I cannot know what is in context and what is not.
Your reputation as a dysfunctional nut has reached the offices of Planters Peanuts.
They have posted guards at all entrances to bar you and the other
Atheist malformed nuts for fear of contamination.
Moreover , The City zoo has sent out a memo that they will no longer accept "rejected nuts" to be fed to their elephants. Seems it causes mental diminishment among the herds.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#116631 Nov 8, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I use words like "seems" because I am not a liar as you are.
One cannot really know in an absolute manner if a god could exist, so claiming absolutely either way is a blatant lie. You claim one way, and it is a lie to claim it as you do. You do not know, you "believe". Learn to tell the truth and use language properly, otherwise no one is going to be convinced your religion is of truth.
Lol, "blatant lie" another poster called it "intellectually dishonest" when someone claims there is no god. I would probably call it just being reasonable to claim there is no fat guy that slides down chimneys or a pink unicorn that poops glitter. To claim there is no god is not a lie. It is just being reasonable.

There is no god or bogeyman.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#116632 Nov 8, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Good to see you actually told us who this guy is. Now if you could only show all the claims with evidence? You paraphrase and quote with no links. Your reputation for lying is not helping here. I cannot know what is in context and what is not.
To argue with a troll would be unreasonable.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#116633 Nov 8, 2013
IS BEING AN ATHEIST BAD FOR YOUR HEALTH?
Beaconmist eaconapologetics
In my experience with atheists, I have found most of them to be unhappy individuals (not all, but most of my encounters). I have found them to be not only unhappy, but downright miserable when it comes to chat rooms or forum debates. I took a bit of time out for research and was somewhat surprised to find medical and psychological reports that were shocking. Here is some of what I found;
A Connection between Atheism and Suicide?
In 2004, the American Journal of Psychiatry had reported the following:
“Religiously unaffiliated subjects had significantly more lifetime suicide attempts and more first-degree relatives who committed suicide than subjects who endorsed a religious affiliation. Unaffiliated subjects were younger, less often married, less often had children, and had less contact with family members. Furthermore, subjects with no religious affiliation perceived fewer reasons for living, particularly fewer moral objections to suicide. In terms of clinical characteristics, religiously unaffiliated subjects had more lifetime impulsivity, aggression, and past substance use disorder. No differences in the level of subjective and objective depression, hopelessness, or stressful life events were found.
http://www.adherents.com reported the following in respect to Atheism and Suicide:
“Pitzer College sociologist Phil Zuckerman compiled country-by-country survey, polling and census numbers relating to atheism, agnosticism, disbelief in God and people who state they are non-religious or have no religious preference. These data were published in the chapter titled “Atheism: Contemporary Rates and Patterns” in The Cambridge Companion to Atheism, ed. by Michael Martin, Cambridge University Press: Cambridge, UK (2005). In examining various indicators of societal health, Zuckerman concludes about suicide:
“Concerning suicide rates, this is the one indicator of societal health in which religious nations fare much better than secular nations. According to the 2003 World Health Organization’s report on international male suicides rates (which compared 100 countries), of the top ten nations with the highest male suicide rates, all but one (Sri Lanka) are strongly irreligious nations with high levels of atheism. It is interesting to note, however, that of the top remaining nine nations leading the world in male suicide rates, all are former Soviet/Communist nations, such as Belarus, Ukraine, and Latvia. Of the bottom ten nations with the lowest male suicide rates, all are highly religious nations with statistically insignificant levels of organic atheism.”
A Connection between Atheism and Obesity?
“Results are based on telephone interviews conducted as part of the Gallup-Healthways Well-Being Index survey Jan. 2-July 28, 2010, with a random sample of 554,066 adults, aged 18 and older, living in all 50 U.S. states and the District of Columbia, selected using random-digit-dial sampling.”
“Very religious Americans make healthier choices than their moderately religious and nonreligious counterparts across all four of the Healthy Behavior Index metrics, including smoking, healthy eating, and regular exercise. Smoking is one area of particular differentiation between the very religious and less religious Americans, with the nonreligious 85% more likely to be smokers than those who are very religious.”
Christopher Hitchens died on 15 December 2011, from complications arising from oesophageal cancer, a disease that he acknowledged was more than likely due to his lifelong predilection for heavy smoking and drinking.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#116634 Nov 8, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed, not to mention futile and tiresome. Saps such as curious are so caught up in their own malignancy and delusions that it is not only useless to argue with the insanity that they write and paste, it is demeaning. WitW is quite correct with the pigeon analogy.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#116635 Nov 8, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>
That is precisely the reason I never argue with ya ,except now , and only to confirm the validity of your statement when applied to YOU.

You still on that diet of hallucigenic mushrooms mixed with peyote?
Yes or No

Baka Saru , No more Pantalones
curious

Ocoee, FL

#116636 Nov 8, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed, not to mention futile and tiresome. Saps such as curious are so caught up in their own malignancy and delusions that it is not only useless to argue with the insanity that they write and paste, it is demeaning. WitW is quite correct with the pigeon analogy.
Birdbbrains are unqualified to analyxe pigeon poop.
That analyzation should be left to the Scienticic Community,which they have done.
Dis you read the Scientific report I posted?
Obviously not.
You should go back and read it,but before doing so ,to make sure your mind is clear , have a bowel movement so as to clear out all the cobwebs and take a load of your mind.
Baka Saru

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#116637 Nov 8, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop going around in circles ,you're making yourself dizzy.
I will repeat again. It is impossible for nonintelligent ,nonliving ,nonconscious matter to attain the properties of life,intelligence and consciousness.
If you can find evidence to contradict what I have stated ,do so..
I do not need excuses ,theories or hypothesis in order to believe what is obvious.
Therefore ,since only life is known to create life and since nonintelligence and nonconsciousness are totally incapable and totally unequipped to imagine ,let alone create those properties of which they know nothing ,of which they are totally unaware , which they have never experienced , it is beyond credulity ,that somehow they were able to attain them by their own nonpower
do you have any evidence to contradict what I have written.
The fact is that God is not your natural superior being.
He is Supernatural and theories and hypothesis based on natural means are incapable and totally and completely inadequate to prove or disprove his existence.
So , I do not rely on your theories ,hypothesis or opinions.
There is all the proof you need.
What you claim does not need az creator , has never been observrd
being able to create itself by natural means.
So , for someone to claim otherwise , it is THEY who need to
provide evidence , not theories or excuses.
Your Faith and belief that it happened otherwise is based on NOTHING other than wishful , neurotic thinking , for fear your faith without foundation will be destroyed
In other words, you want the best of both worlds.

You know that there was a time when your god didn't exist and by your own words, something can't come from nothing.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#116638 Nov 8, 2013
curious wrote:
IS BEING AN ATHEIST BAD FOR YOUR HEALTH?
Beaconmist eaconapologetics
In my experience with atheists, I have found most of them to be unhappy individuals (not all, but most of my encounters). I have found them to be not only unhappy, but downright miserable when it comes to chat rooms or forum debates. I took a bit of time out for research and was somewhat surprised to find medical and psychological reports that were shocking. Here is some of what I found;
A Connection between Atheism and Suicide?
In 2004, the American Journal of Psychiatry had reported the following:
“Religiously unaffiliated subjects had significantly more lifetime suicide attempts and more first-degree relatives who committed suicide than subjects who endorsed a religious affiliation. Unaffiliated subjects were younger, less often married, less often had children, and had less contact with family members. Furthermore, subjects with no religious affiliation perceived fewer reasons for living, particularly fewer moral objections to suicide. In terms of clinical characteristics, religiously unaffiliated subjects had more lifetime impulsivity, aggression, and past substance use disorder. No differences in the level of subjective and objective depression, hopelessness, or stressful life events were found.
http://www.adherents.com reported the following in respect to Atheism and Suicide:
“Pitzer College sociologist Phil Zuckerman compiled country-by-country survey, polling and census numbers relating to atheism, agnosticism, disbelief in God and people who state they are non-religious or have no religious preference. These data were published in the chapter titled “Atheism: Contemporary Rates and Patterns” in The Cambridge Companion to Atheism, ed. by Michael Martin, Cambridge University Press: Cambridge, UK (2005). In examining various indicators of societal health, Zuckerman concludes about suicide:
“Concerning suicide rates, this is the one indicator of societal health in which religious nations fare much better than secular nations. According to the 2003 World Health Organization’s report on international male suicides rates (which compared 100 countries), of the top ten nations with the highest male suicide rates, all but one (Sri Lanka) are strongly irreligious nations with high levels of atheism. It is interesting to note, however, that of the top remaining nine nations leading the world in male suicide rates, all are former Soviet/Communist nations, such as Belarus, Ukraine, and Latvia. Of the bottom ten nations with the lowest male suicide rates, all are highly religious nations with statistically insignificant levels of organic atheism.”
A Connection between Atheism and Obesity?
“Results are based on telephone interviews conducted as part of the Gallup-Healthways Well-Being Index survey Jan. 2-July 28, 2010, with a random sample of 554,066 adults, aged 18 and older, living in all 50 U.S. states and the District of Columbia, selected using random-digit-dial sampling.”
“Very religious Americans make healthier choices than their moderately religious and nonreligious counterparts across all four of the Healthy Behavior Index metrics, including smoking, healthy eating, and regular exercise. Smoking is one area of particular differentiation between the very religious and less religious Americans, with the nonreligious 85% more likely to be smokers than those who are very religious.”
Christopher Hitchens died on 15 December 2011, from complications arising from oesophageal cancer, a disease that he acknowledged was more than likely due to his lifelong predilection for heavy smoking and drinking.
Suicide rates in irreligious countries?

They pale when compared to your chances of being killed in religious countries. Where religion is the strongest is where the body count just goes up and up.
PigBenis

Batavia, OH

#116639 Nov 8, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Pig,what you posted is nonsense and you have no evidence to support your opinion.
That is part and parcel of the usual blather espoused by Atheists
in order to deny God and maintain their slavery to sin.
Human nature is corrupt.
Yhe desires of the flesh are contrary to being a GOOD person
And as humans we are selfish and strive to fulfill those desires regardless of the consecuences.
Human behaviour more than confirms that to be a fact.
God will change those WHO seek him , not those who deny him or those who choose to live according to their human nature
All the nonsense that has been posted here,such as" I have never done anything for which I need be ashamed" only demonstrates an exceptionally low moral code.
The nonsense that " When I wrong someone I ask their forgiveness and that prevents me from doing it again" sounds good on paper ,but does not reflect reality.
Anyone who tries to pass those absurd opinions as reality are mentally incompetent.
You have an imaginary friend, and you have the gaul to call my words nonsense and ask for EVIDENCE?? Wow...
PigBenis

Batavia, OH

#116640 Nov 8, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
You asked me a question, I gave you a straight forward, honest answer...
again-in my opinion- atheism is NO excuse for not having ethics, morality, decency etc etc.
Then YOU proceeded to go ILLogical, because I NEVER said all atheist were the same, just as consistantly as I haev stated (over and over) not all Christians should be LUMPED and LableDUHMED as "all the same".
Because BOTH of thise scenarios are just representative of nothing BUT abject, outright IGNORANCE.
And IGNORANCE is NO excuse in my book either.
And your OWN prejudice and ignorance is blatantly obvious, or you would've had no problem, in comprehending a simple, single lined, actually ethical honest answer, with OUT having to attack, TWIST and DISTORT it, to childish, kindergarten-level stupidity.
And I never claimed to know you either-who in their right mind would claim to "know" anyone-just from postings on some internet dump thread.
Childish, kindergarten-level stupidity...and my comments are considered attacks? You are too defensive and seemingly childish in your own right to continue this argument. I'm kicking water uphill. If you're going to keep saying one thing, then follow that up with a defensive rant about how you didn't say it, we're going to get nowhere pretty fast. It's pretty obvious where the childish behavior lies from this side of the fence. I guess I don't have enough hate in my heart to be a good Christian. Thank Zeus.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#116641 Nov 8, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
That analyzation should be left to the Scienticic Community,which they have done.
Obviously not.
You should go back and read it,but before doing so ,to make sure your mind is clear , have a bowel movement so as to clear out all the cobwebs and take a load of your mind.
Baka Saru
CINO malignancy

“See how you are?”

Earth

#116642 Nov 8, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously not.
Baka Saru
I've read what you call your "Scientific" reports. Cherry picked, quote mined, highly speculative and largely prejudiced against any shred of objectivity - in other words, exactly what is expected from Apologetic "research." You are blinded by your bigotry and crusade for ignorance into thinking they are something better than the musings and opinions of crackpots and pseudo-intellectuals.

Since: Sep 13

United States of America

#116643 Nov 8, 2013
LoL.... Again Curious and 'Cherry Picking' what makes his argument seem correct.
international comparisons show that it is the most secular nations in the world that report
the highest levels of happiness among their populations (Beit-Hallahmi 2009; Zuckerman
2008; De Place 2006), odd you didn't post that information.According to Greeley and Hout (2006, 153), among Americans who describe themselves as ‘‘very happy,’’ secular people don’t fare as well as religious people, and yet, among people who describe themselves as ‘‘pretty happy,’’ nonreligious Americans actually fare the best. Religiosity may also be correlated with lower death anxiety(Duff and Hong 1995; Spilka et al. 1985)– but not necessarily (Phelps 2009; Zuckerman
2008). Ross (1990, 239) found that people with stronger religious beliefs had significantly lower levels of psychological distress than those with weaker religious beliefs, but that ‘‘those with no religion had the lowest distress levels.

Since: Sep 13

United States of America

#116644 Nov 8, 2013
YOu ever think the reason might be because 8 of the 10 are post-Soviet countries, suggesting that decades of totalitarianism, depressed economies, and a lack of basic human freedoms may be more significant in explaining the high rates of suicide than low levels of God-belief.

But alas, Curious just wants to think it's because of the non-belief.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jimmy dye 11 min Really 4
house cleaner wanted younger lady 41 min PistolPete 6
Barbourville internet 1 hr Internet 7
Jason Marsee shot Ford Collett 2 hr Think 22
Fred 7 hr Humm 2
chocolate lovers.. 9 hr Adawg 12
Who buys baseball memorabilia 13 hr chin music 4
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE