Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
110,961 - 110,980 of 128,587 Comments Last updated 9 min ago

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
The interesting thing about all this is that at the end of the day ,after all was said and done ,Krauss meekly confessed that he had no idea how the universe was created. What does that tell youj>
Here is a little info ,based on the views of a fellow Atheist Scientist;
It turns out that Dr. Krauss’ definition of “nothing” is not the “nothing” from which the universe originated. The initial starting point of the universe was not the quantum vacuum that Dr. Krauss keeps referring to in his book. The starting point was non-being– literally no thing. Since no thing isn’t anything, there are no properties to work with. Nothing is, as Aristotle put it, what rocks dream about. Unless someone powerful intervenes, the ancient maxim still stands: out of nothing, nothing comes.
A quantum vacuum, on the other hand, is something—it consists of fields of fluctuating energy from which particles appear to pop in and out of existence. Whether these particles are uncaused, or are caused but are merely unpredictable to us, is unknown. There are ten different models of the quantum level, and no one knows which is correct. What we do know is that, whatever is happening there, it is not creation out of nothing. Moreover, the vacuum itself had a beginning and therefore needs a cause.
Dr. Krauss is committing the logical fallacy known as equivocation—that is using the same word in an argument but with two different definitions. The “nothing” in the title of Dr. Krauss’ book is not the “nothing” from which the universe came.
This critical distinction was not lost on fellow atheist Dr. David Albert. A Ph.D. in theoretical physics, Dr. Albert is a Professor at Columbia University and author of the book Quantum Mechanics and Experience. In his scathing review of Krauss’ book in the New York Times, Dr. Albert questions both Krauss’ logic and his physics. He pulls no punches and even uses his fist to illustrate.
Commenting on Krauss’ central claim that particles emerging from the quantum vacuum are like creation out of nothing, Dr. Albert writes:
But that’s just not right. Relativistic-quantum-field-the oretical vacuum states — no less than giraffes or refrigerators or solar systems — are particular arrangements of elementary physical stuff. The true relativistic-quantum-field-­th eoretical equivalent to there not being any physical stuff at all isn’t this or that particular arrangement of the fields — what it is (obviously, and ineluctably, and on the contrary) is the simple absence of the fields! The fact that some arrangements of fields happen to correspond to the existence of particles and some don’t is not a whit more mysterious than the fact that some of the possible arrangements of my fingers happen to correspond to the existence of a fist and some don’t. And the fact that particles can pop in and out of existence, over time, as those fields rearrange themselves, is not a whit more mysterious than the fact that fists can pop in and out of existence, over time, as my fingers rearrange themselves. And none of these poppings — if you look at them aright — amount to anything even remotely in the neighborhood of a creation from nothing (emphasis in the original).[ii]
Speaking of fists, Dr. Albert lands the knockout blow to Krauss’ entire thesis this way,“But all there is to say about this, as far as I can see, is that Krauss is dead wrong and his religious and philosophical critics are absolutely right.”
Simply put, Dr Albert(whoever that is?) just moved the goalpost.

It is a never ending cycle with you guys. Fill one gap and you will find another to put your god into.
Now you wish to know who created a vacuum.

If you cut and paste, you really should post the site. Otherwise no one can fact check your claims and it is plagiarism.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
And the Temple Mt is just a figment of the world imagination too.
Gaw...EXTREME off central balanced much Duquette?
Oh, their is evidence of beliers, just not of the god in which they believe.
I repeat, their is absolutely zero evidence any god ever existed, ever.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Look dippy...
If God talks to you... He talks to you, Not on a party line!
Moses was good, but not good enough to enter the Promised land...
No, He didn't follow all of God's orders!
Now... We know Children under a certain age, goes to be with the Father... What He does with them, either keeping them with Him, or recycling them to return in other mothers... I do not know yet, but
When God tells them to wipe every living thing out...
He has a reason for it!
(1) Jesus allowing the Legion to enter the swine, proves
evil spirits inhabit living creatures!
Sending them off the cliff... one way to get rid of them!
(2) Why allow a child to suffer the loss of it's evil parents?
To be with God, or even recycled into another family is far more
Gracious, and Loving!
I know, I know... you don't believe in any of this, just shows
you were a false convert, with a shaky foundation!
Oh, so Moses was not good only when he did not obey what god supposedly said? I see, and murdering children is fine because they go straight to heaven according to your dogma?

Thank you for again providing evidence of your immoral mind.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
What you accept as fact about electron flow is still theory.
Evolution has been proven to take place and it is observable and testable - unlike the Goddiditwithmagic "law" that you cling to.
I never said that Obama is a religie. Have some lemonade and chill.
He just does not understand that a Law in Science is not like getting arrested for being stoned.... He and many others hear the words Law, Theory, Evidence, Proof and understands them as the terms used in general conversation... He reads a mathematical formula that allows determination of components and values but the Law explains Nothing about the physics of electron theory, it give no insight into the basic nature of matter and how energy transfer is actually accomplished... I could set the same mathematical laws for Plumbing an Call a water pipe a Conductor, a water wheel as a Inductor, a smaller pipe as a Resister, a Valve as a Switch, a pressure container as a Capacitor...ect... So if I do the Math and get the values of the water flow at any point it gives me little to no understanding of the Water..give little understanding of the H2O chemical bonding or the structure of the H2O molecule...
Known Fact

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

I thought this was interesting. It just shows how much science is advancing. It's a good read.

The Artificial Womb Is Born And The World of the Matrix begins...

Read more at http://isupportorganic.blogspot.com/2013/11/t...

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

Apostle Amber wrote:
<quoted text>
Your looking for your perceived negativity for all you obey apparently. I look for positive and retaliate as required openly with love being positive and your negative attack of confusion brought to light.
Please tell me what can possibly be positive about torturing people for all eternity.

If our penal system did that, you'd call it barbaric.

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Apostle Amber wrote:
<quoted text>
Your thoughts may be as crazed as Saul's if they are to suggest I would acknowledge you reference to a mans person. Your pushing a lady would be wrong. Be kind in Gods Love always and you will see that Honey works better than being bitter for everyone.
What love would that be then?
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Wait, did you claim Krauss says he cannot account for the creation of the universe? Please show evidence of this claim, or I will consider this some misinterpretation or outright lie, as you seem to be on a roll with lies lately.
You are floundering around like a fish out of water.
You stepped headlon g into the quicksand and are looking for an unexisting lifeline to save you.
Your nonsense Atheism has you boxed in and you can not get out.
I do not base my faith on hypotheticals as you do.

reported by mankato Free press
Krauss’ fellow scientists at the dais, especially Frank Wilczek, expressed skepticism during the question-and-answer session about some of his far-reaching statements about a universe from nothing.

“Once you start talking about the laws being random or no laws at all, you really start from nothing at all, I think that’s going too far,” Wilczek said.“I think it’s really within a specific framework that you can discuss these things.”

Krauss didn’t budge, at least not much. He admitted he couldn’t explain how the universe came to be but said it was enough to show that it’s possible that a universe can come from nothing.

Note; Possibilities abound ,there is only one REALITY.

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

stuck in a lodi wrote:
Perhaps God isn't 'all knowing' as the believer is led to think.
You ever think of that?
Oh; but you aren't allowed to think for yourselves,
I keep forgetting that.
I sometimes think that if a supreme being actually existed, it would be so far beyond our ken that we couldn't even begin to describe it.

It certainly wouldn't be saddled with the petty jealousies and inadequacies that christians claim their god has.
PigBenis

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

If god exists, then why is the man's g-spot in his ass?
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Simply put, Dr Albert(whoever that is?) just moved the goalpost.
It is a never ending cycle with you guys. Fill one gap and you will find another to put your god into.
Now you wish to know who created a vacuum.
If you cut and paste, you really should post the site. Otherwise no one can fact check your claims and it is plagiarism.
This is who Dr. Albert is'
this critical distinction was not lost on fellow atheist Dr. David Albert. A Ph.D. in theoretical physics, Dr. Albert is a Professor at Columbia University and author of the book Quantum Mechanics and Experience.
This fellow Atheist of Krauss is the one who made those statements ,
So ,in essence , you have an Atheist,Dr. Albert , calling another Atheist ,Krauss , a fool. How ironic ,but fitting,.

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

Apostle Amber wrote:
<quoted text>
God through Jesus Christ did not give us a Spirit of fear but has freed us from mans read ions and the World of which is not our home.
You may try try know what all these words mean but you who are of this world can not in Faith know the glory that is in the Father my God and his son my Lord and Savior.
Ah yes - no doubt you do know what those words mean.

You do realise that your take on the scriptures is just one of thousands of differing interpretations?

Which brand of christian snake oil do you purvey?

Catholic, Calvinist, Baptist, Methodist, Mormon, KKK, Mennonite, Quaker, JW, Christadelphian, etc, etc, etc.

With literally thousands of different denominations, sects and cults to choose from, what's a believer like you to do? Why you just choose the words that best fit your agenda.

Hate gays? There's plenty of homophobic scriptures to get busy with.

Or do you think women are inferior to men? Well, you can read Paul.

Want to have lots of wives? No doubt there are biblical texts to support that.

Fancy becoming a snake-handler? Well, you know where to find scriptures for that.

How about rolling around the floor like a blithering idiot and speaking a load of incomprehensible baby talk? Yes, that'll be in the bible too.

Hell, we can see from recent history that you can even arm yourself with automatic weapons and hole up in a fenced compound.

Don't fancy that one? Ah well, maybe there's scriptures where you get to live in the jungle and drink poisoned Kool Aid.

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

AllofOneBlood wrote:
<quoted text>
John 21:25 And there are also MANY OTHER THINGS which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even THE WORLD ITSELF COULD NOT CONTAIN THE BOOKS THAT SHOULD BE WRITTEN. Amen.
2 Timothy 4:5 Watch thou in ALL THINGS, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make FULL PROOF of thy ministry.
Ephesians 5:17 Wherefore be ye not unwise, but UNDERSTANDING what the will of the Lord is.
Now Here is what I have to say. But you must watch to the end, because the best is saved till the last. This is the answer you have been looking for but gave up searching before you found it. I Hope it may help many who have given up on God due the lack of understanding in Churches today.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Interesting scriptures

How about these:

"Yet she became more and more promiscuous as she recalled the days of her youth, when she was a prostitute in Egypt. There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses."

Ezekiel 23:19-20

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces."

Malachi 2:3

"His breasts are full of milk."

Job 21:24

Why the fascination with brown showers, horse cum and donkey dongs?

Oh holy holy holy

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

PigBenis wrote:
If god exists, then why is the man's g-spot in his ass?
Lol!

That's easy...God is gay

In fact Jesus is also gay.

You know that in the earliest bibles, the words of Jesus weren't in red but mauve.

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
You are floundering around like a fish out of water.
You stepped headlon g into the quicksand and are looking for an unexisting lifeline to save you.

When it comes to reaching out for what is non-existent, believers are in a league of their own.

[QUOTE who="curious"]
Your nonsense Atheism has you boxed in and you can not get out.
I do not base my faith on hypotheticals as you do.
What do you base you faith on? After all, your god isn't even a theory.

The Oxford English Dictionary provides the following definition for theory:

"A scheme or system of ideas or statements held as an explanation or account of a group of facts or phenomena; a hypothesis that has been confirmed or established by observation or experiment, and is propounded or accepted as accounting for the known facts; a statement of what are held to be the general laws, principles or causes of something known or observed."

Your god falls short of this definition.

Let's look at another word, say...."hypothesis"

1. A tentative explanation for an observation, phenomenon, or scientific problem that can be tested by further investigation.

2. Something taken to be true for the purpose of argument or investigation; an assumption.

3. The antecedent of a conditional statement.

Even though "hypothesis" describes your god more accurately than "theory", your god still falls short of these standards.

"Failed hypothesis"

There. That's a much better phrase to use. It not only describes your god well but also covers all the other gods from A to Z that people around the world worship.
Known Fact

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol!
That's easy...God is gay
In fact Jesus is also gay.
You know that in the earliest bibles, the words of Jesus weren't in red but mauve.
Have you seen the Secret Gospel of Mark? It kind of paints Jesus as gay. There's a naked boy involved. Sounds weird but when Jesus was getting ready to be arrested, there was a naked boy then as well and that's in the KJV. Check it out, it's an interesting read.

http://gnosis.org/library/secm.htm
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, their is evidence of beliers, just not of the god in which they believe.
That is your claim,that there is no evidence that any God ever existed.
On the other hand there is absolutely no evidence that Nothing can create something out of nothing.
There is absolutely no evidence to support any hypothesis or theory that nonliving , nonintelligent and nonconscious matter can somehow ,attain those properties of which it is totally unaware and has no way of being familiar with.
That process is an impossibility beyond description. It is Science who has confirmed the fact that only life can create life
Therefore ,if unintelligence is not responsible for creating life and the universe , who or what is?
Could it be an accident caused by natural means... No, the reason is obvious.
Then, a reasonable person must conclude that ID God, is responsible.
But then , not everyone is reasonable.
If you are an Atheist , this reasoned and logical conclusion can not be accepted under any means.
Therefore they hide behind the excuse that there must be another answer which may never be known or has yet to be found. What that answer may be ,no one can define
That the Universe is created from nothing ,we can all agree on , The apostle Paul so stated 2000 years ago.
That the Universe does not need a creator can not be proven.
Theories abound ,but there is only one reality. Intelligent Design i.e. God.
The Atheists can concoct excuses and lean on their papermache crutches , a road that bypasses the land of reality and only leads to the land of foolishness
SistaNoneYa

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
I know it does but the link I posted on the 32 counts of abuse by American Atheist was an April fools joke, the article was real but it was the Catholics doing the molesting, not the Atheist. If it had been the Atheist just imagine all the news stories that would be done on it.
Just seems like God could keep the pedophiles out of his house if he wanted too, that he could protect the kids in church if he wanted to. I have kids in my house, they have never been molested and it will never happen as long as I'm here to protect them. I guess this means I'm better than your God.
Religion is a joke and a pedophiles playground.
Funny, people I've known that have suffered such abuses, have never made mention of ANY "religion" as being a causative agent at all.

Plenty of mention of alchohol and similar type addiction problems associated with the depravity of however.

And I spent the first sixteen years of my life, within the realms of the Catholic religion myself, and I can assure you or anyone else, there were no pedo's running rampant, and if there were any unbeknownst, they knew, they'd be in some deep and serious trouble. Let alone, known.

Bigotry is a joke, and ignorance is it's breeding ground.
SistaNoneYa

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Please... you aren't going to claim that the mob and sob crowds that fawn over the likes of Wildmon, Palin and Hamm are of sound mind?
I prefer structure and orderliness myself...butt hey, you know...
SistaNoneYa

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, their is evidence of beliers, just not of the god in which they believe.
Okay, and I repeat-

Physics.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

110 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 22 min DITCH MITCH 146,156
What happened at the dollor store in flat lick ... 29 min friend 11
Stivers Center fixes 34 min smokejumper 23
Let's Play Word Association (Nov '08) 37 min Jennifer Renee 3,786
Brittany Spencer 51 min Jealous People 27
Billy Lake (Sep '11) 52 min wake up 33
Any couples into SCAT??? 1 hr gator 5
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••