Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
110,941 - 110,960 of 129,008 Comments Last updated 9 min ago

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

SistaNYpretendingtobaUSMC wrote:
<quoted text>
There.
Now you get an F/F for being so damn duhmmy.
LOL! You're giving me a grade? The only reason I can think of for you to sit in the front of a classroom is to keep you from shooting spitballs at the backs of students' heads.
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

Missed the link
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
What question is that?
You know that Jesus wasn't circumcised.
When he was on the cross he cried out "My god,why hast thou foreskinned me?"
Nasty is, as nasty does!
Thanks again!

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
There is NO excuse for DENYING--It goes on in ALL sectors of society.
Other than the stupidity of bigotry ad ignorance.
One certain sector is NO less abhorrent than another-- when it comes to that type of vile patheTicness.
People are people. There's no more shortage of stupidity of bigotry and ignorance in the fundie pews than there is at a sycophantic Tea Party rally. Some groups attract that type of vile patheTicness more than others, some just as much.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Look at the Christian making up claims he cannot back up with evidence. Evidently blind faith does this to people.
Yes of course you do not care about my examples. If you took them seriously, your denial would be crushed.
You really are just becoming a joke.
If I took your examples seriously I'd wind up like many others who do.heavy drinking,drug abuse and with beau coup many mental difficulties.
The joke about all this is your total inability to deal with and explain how it may be possible for nonintelligence etal to design and create intelligence etal in light of the fact that it is not conscious of it's surroundings ,has no intelligence ,is incapable of having a thought and as Science has clearly established ,only life can create life.
In an effort to prove your point ,you cited Frank Krauss.
He threw you under the bus by not addressing how life may have been created and meekly admitting that he can not account for the creation of the Universe.
The only thing frank created was a savings account to deposit the royalties he will be receiving for his Science Fiction endeavour

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
You are too transparent, YaA. If he sang a Rolling Stones song you'd bitch to High Heaven that the Obama givverment might help pay for his medical bills.
SistaNoneYa

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! You're giving me a grade? The only reason I can think of for you to sit in the front of a classroom is to keep you from shooting spitballs at the backs of students' heads.
Why they have to keep you and Duquette away from the straws in the lunch lines.
He always grasping at 'em, while you encourage it.
Duhmmy.
Known Fact

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
There is NO excuse for DENYING--It goes on in ALL sectors of society.
Other than the stupidity of bigotry ad ignorance.
One certain sector is NO less abhorrent than another-- when it comes to that type of vile patheTicness.
I know it does but the link I posted on the 32 counts of abuse by American Atheist was an April fools joke, the article was real but it was the Catholics doing the molesting, not the Atheist. If it had been the Atheist just imagine all the news stories that would be done on it.

Just seems like God could keep the pedophiles out of his house if he wanted too, that he could protect the kids in church if he wanted to. I have kids in my house, they have never been molested and it will never happen as long as I'm here to protect them. I guess this means I'm better than your God.

Religion is a joke and a pedophiles playground.

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
If I took your examples seriously I'd wind up like many others who do.heavy drinking,drug abuse and with beau coup many mental difficulties.
The joke about all this is your total inability to deal with and explain how it may be possible for nonintelligence etal to design and create intelligence etal in light of the fact that it is not conscious of it's surroundings ,has no intelligence ,is incapable of having a thought and as Science has clearly established ,only life can create life.
He threw you under the bus by not addressing how life may have been created and meekly admitting that he can not account for the creation of the Universe.
The only thing frank created was a savings account to deposit the royalties he will be receiving for his Science Fiction endeavour
You are vainly oblivious that "...to design and create intelligence..." is loaded with confirmation bias to begin with.
You can keep trying, Mike - but there is little point in attempting to convince someone who sports a sleep mask 24/7 that the sky is blue if they are convinced it's black.
SistaNoneYa

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
People are people. There's no more shortage of stupidity of bigotry and ignorance in the fundie pews than there is at a sycophantic Tea Party rally. Some groups attract that type of vile patheTicness more than others, some just as much.
Oh geez-we gonna have to put you two in two seperate corners...his gulag rheotric of reiterating slop (salted with a little stereotyping) is rubbing off on you now too.

Duhmmies...and leave each others pointing hats alone!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion and the Bible are poor references for your moral crusade, YaA. God ordered abortions - he even personally committed mass murder and genocide. You know it and it's been pointed out a thousand times, so you ignore what you can't rationalize. shrug.
If anybody is looking to get an xmas present for YaA, here it is.
http://www.thegreenhead.com/imgs/cherry-chomp...
Thanks, but I like my cherries covered in chocolate!
I love this time of year!
God being God... I'll stick with Him!

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Why they have to keep you and Duquette away from the straws in the lunch lines.
He always grasping at 'em, while you encourage it.
Duhmmy.
If you and the religies didn't hog them all for your scarecrows and effigies, there'd be more than enough to go around.
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

Great day to you all!

Repent, Trust in Jesus...
You'll be glad you did!

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh geez-we gonna have to put you two in two seperate corners...his gulag rheotric of reiterating slop (salted with a little stereotyping) is rubbing off on you now too.
Duhmmies...and leave each others pointing hats alone!
Please... you aren't going to claim that the mob and sob crowds that fawn over the likes of Wildmon, Palin and Hamm are of sound mind?

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks, but I like my cherries covered in chocolate!
I love this time of year!
God being God... I'll stick with Him!
Sorry, I forgot. You like to cherrypick then cloak the results.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

stuck in a lodi wrote:
No he doesn't and he states that throughout the book. L.K.- The purpose of this book is simple. I want to show how modern science, in various guises, can address and is addressing the question of why there is something rather than nothing: The answers that have been obtained-from staggeringly beautiful experimental observations, as well as from the theories that underlie much of modern physics-all suggest that getting something from nothing is not a problem. Indeed something from nothing may have been required for the universe to come into being. Moreover, all signs suggest that this is how our universe could have arisen.
I stress the word could here, because we may never have enough empirical information to resolve this question unambiguously.
Kraus can show clearly their are ways to make something from nothing. At least hypothetically.
This answers Curious' questions, but of course he will never admit it and he will continue on as if no one can answer his concerns.

The main theme I note is the lies. This evidently is needed in order to stay in denial and have blind faith.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Scientists have specialties. Krauss focuses on the space/universe part. Now you wish to divert to the other part of your concerns for a diversion.
Their is no, one answer for your multiple questions.
But it should be clear, Krauss crushed your reasoning behind absolutely needing a god/creator for the universe.
Now if you wish to move on to the next question, fine, but I would like to hear you admit how wrong you were for insisting their was no other possible way to create the universe than your mythical tale. Not that I ever really expect you to face this reality.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait, did you claim Krauss says he cannot account for the creation of the universe? Please show evidence of this claim, or I will consider this some misinterpretation or outright lie, as you seem to be on a roll with lies lately.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Tard!
Got no logical rebuttal again? You are a joke. "love your enemies", coming from you means nothing. Wait, it means you are a hypocrite.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>"logic rejecters"
Hahahaha!
Really????
Perhaps you want to regale us with your "Dawkins change of Diatoms" again???
Or, how about a lil of that Evolution of a Flagellum???
The denial of Irreducible complexity... is far from Logical!
Yes.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

46 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Let's Play Word Association (Nov '08) 6 min 40ish 3,809
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 7 min DITCH MITCH 147,095
Who will barbourvilles NEW police chief 30 min Shopper 13
Rebecca Jones Running 37 min ONtheRun 1
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 3 hr Flint hill bandit 16,132
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 3 hr Flint hill bandit 1,017
Phillip Roark & Amy 5 hr concerned 1
New club in Barbourville? 7 hr my real name 12
john sowders 9 hr truth be told 5
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••