Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 171888 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

curious

Winter Garden, FL

#116426 Nov 5, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you base you faith on? After all, your god isn't even a theory.
The Oxford English Dictionary provides the following definition for theory:
"A scheme or system of ideas or statements held as an explanation or account of a group of facts or phenomena; a hypothesis that has been confirmed or established by observation or experiment, and is propounded or accepted as accounting for the known facts; a statement of what are held to be the general laws, principles or causes of something known or observed."
Your god falls short of this definition.
Let's look at another word, say...."hypothesis"

1. A tentative explanation for an observation, phenomenon, or scientific problem that can be tested by further investigation.
2. Something taken to be true for the purpose of argument or investigation; an assumption.
3. The antecedent of a conditional statement.
Even though "hypothesis" describes your god more accurately than "theory", your god still falls short of these standards.
"Failed hypothesis"
There. That's a much better phrase to use. It not only describes your god well but also covers all the other gods from A to Z that people around the world worship.
My God is not a theory ,He is a reality which Atheists fail to comprehend , at least,so they claim.
I will repeat again. It is impossible for nonintelligent ,nonliving ,nonconscious matter to attain the properties of life,intelligence and consciousness.
If you can find evidence to contradict what I have stated ,do so.
Science itself claims that ONLY life can create life. That is a Fact .
I do not need excuses ,theories or hypothesis in order to believe what is obvious.
Therefore ,since only life can create life and since nonintelligence and nonconsciousness are totally incapable and totally unequipped to imagine ,let alone create those properties of which they know nothing ,of which they are totally unaware , which they have never experienced , it is beyond credulity ,that somehow they were able to attain them by their own nonpower
do you have any evidence to contradict what I have written.

The fact is that God is not your natural superior being.
He is Supernatural and theories and hypothesis based on natural means are incapable and totally and completely inadequate to prove or disprove his existence.
So , I do not rely on your theories ,hypothesis or opinions.
I base my comclusions partly on observing life and the world around me.
I know I exist ,am conscious and have intelligence ,just like you do. The question is ,how did those properties come into existence.
certainly could not and were not created by their complete opposite.
Therefore , any reasonable person can logically conclude that ID ie God is responsible.
Or,if I were an Atheist and could not explain these events , then I would need to concoct excuses for not being able to provide an answer.
I could claim that in a few billion years someone may figure it out or that we may never know the answer ,or make the contradictory statement that Science with it's ever increasing knowledge will be able to create life.
You can't have it both ways , on the one hand ,claim that life does not need a creator ,therefore there is no reason to believe in God and then Creating life to prove God is nonexistent.
Atheists are caught in an untenable position , how was life created , for which they can not provide an answer, only excuses and an" Idon't know and we may never know ,but maybe in a million years we will know" which is the wishful thinking foundation for your faith.
I do not ,nor will i base my faith on such an illconceived and excuses infested foundation.
But , to each his own....

Since: Sep 13

United States of America

#116427 Nov 5, 2013
Science is a belief system that depends on testable evidence and facts. This is why we consider science as the best source of knowledge. No "THEORY" that has been put forth is accepted as a "TRUTH." Any theory that is accepted is always open to NEW INFORMATION that may dismiss the theory which has been previously accepted. This is contrary to RELIGION, which insist that the biblical writings are TRUTHs and cannot be dismissed or changed.

We are all waiting to read your falsifiable hypothesis on god and your religious beliefs that will give us a new outlook on our world, as long as it is presented with evidence and facts that are rational and testable.
Known Fact

Somerset, KY

#116428 Nov 5, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny, people I've known that have suffered such abuses, have never made mention of ANY "religion" as being a causative agent at all.
Plenty of mention of alchohol and similar type addiction problems associated with the depravity of however.
And I spent the first sixteen years of my life, within the realms of the Catholic religion myself, and I can assure you or anyone else, there were no pedo's running rampant, and if there were any unbeknownst, they knew, they'd be in some deep and serious trouble. Let alone, known.
Bigotry is a joke, and ignorance is it's breeding ground.
Really? 16 years in the Catholic cult and you never heard of a pedophile priest?
SistaNoneYa

Lexington, KY

#116429 Nov 5, 2013
Philosophy:

“To err is human; to forgive, divine.” Alexander Pope (1688-1744) English poet

Physics:

Subcat A Energy
Ohm's Law defines the relationships between (P) power,(E) voltage,(I) current, and (R) resistance. One ohm is the resistance value through which one volt will maintain a current of one ampere.

-SubCat B Physical Chemistry (such as H20 bonding molecules that could transact into ROCKS) and sea water turning red (Cyanobacteria such as Hammatoidea, Heterohormogonium, Albrightia, Scytonematopsis, Thalopophila, Myxocarcina and Colteronema give thermal springs and geyser pools beautiful color patterns - from red to purple and the complete visible spectrum of colors between.)

Discernment:

dis·cern·ment
noun \di-&#712;s&#601;rn-m &#601;nt,-&#712;z& #601;rn-\

: the ability to see and understand people, things, or stituations clearly and intelligently

dis·cern·ment (d-sūrnmnt,-zūrn-)
n.
1. The act or process of exhibiting keen insight and good judgment.
2. Keenness of insight and judgment.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#116430 Nov 5, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
Science is a belief system that depends on testable evidence and facts. This is why we consider science as the best source of knowledge. No "THEORY" that has been put forth is accepted as a "TRUTH." Any theory that is accepted is always open to NEW INFORMATION that may dismiss the theory which has been previously accepted. This is contrary to RELIGION, which insist that the biblical writings are TRUTHs and cannot be dismissed or changed.
We are all waiting to read your falsifiable hypothesis on god and your religious beliefs that will give us a new outlook on our world, as long as it is presented with evidence and facts that are rational and testable.
Hey ,Dum Dum , Don't attempt to play mental games with me. You are out of your league.
I posted my reasons for my beliefs and they are not based on a hypothesis,theye based on reality , a reality that you are unable to contest , therefore you intentionally ignore it and pretend it was not provided....
Next time you are out cutting logs,make sure none of them fall on your head .
And if somebody yells timber ,don't stand around with your finger up your nose, trying to scratch your brain..... Duck,,,,ette

Catch my drift

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#116431 Nov 5, 2013
Apostle Amber wrote:
You don't know anything.

I know quite a bit, child. I'm 67 years old.
I've had time to think about religion, logic, and reality.
Conclusion....religion is the belief in myths.
Apostle Amber wrote:
You look at Gods child and can't comprehend the truth in Love because you know only lies. You are without understanding and all you know is what you Father the Devil tells you and he was a lier from the beginning.

There is no "devil." You have been brainwashed (or have voluntarily chosen) into believing in a fable.
Apostle Amber wrote:
You revel in mans answer, I know Gods answer.
Yahweh is not real. You are delusional.
Apostle Amber wrote:
You can live opposed to the word but look at your life, how hopeless and joyless you are attacking me with your dead end ideas and chosen ignorance.

My life is great. Loving son, great friends, peaceful home, job (actually 2 jobs) that I enjoy, a creative hobby that makes money, the freedom to travel the world, excellent health...I could go on but maybe you can see that your ASSumption is wrong.
All this and NO "god" needed.
Apostle Amber wrote:
I am happy and joyful in The Lord my God through the Holy Spirit, I know I will live in peace and happiness with God and Jesus and the Holy Spirit, along with all the Angels and Fellow Christian believers forever. No mater what evil throws at me or this world throws at me in any way. All I have to say is I rebuke you all. I know it's true and sure too.[/QUOTE

I am sorry that your real life is so miserable that you have to believe in a faery tale to manage to cope with it.
That is the lure of religion... it is a panacea for pain.
But it is an illusion. It would be healthier to cope with your problems in a real way.

[QUOTE who="Apostle Amber"] But you are sad and as I can tell reaching out to good posts you can make filthy and your following me around and harassing me from post to post always addressing me out of hate with the only thing you can use, your own so called "medicine" made of man for man by man because man fails to ask the Helper that was sent from above for true healing in his miracles.

No hate, child. Just trying to help you and others who reject Life in favor of delusions.
Apostle Amber wrote:
You live in disgust and lies for the way God wants us to live as you pollute people with your evil concoctions and evil ways because that's all you know how to do, you are so under my feet I know you are my foot stool and I stomp my feet over where you are going.
I am your "foot stool?" Really? See, that is another part of the lure of religion. You get to feel superior to others.
Apostle Amber wrote:
As you go to the devil to ask him for miracles thinking in ignorance that we do not see through them and that God isn't going to shine a light of his love on them and show they are not of him but like the devil who will fail and fall with you to your despair in Hell.
*sigh* There is no "devil,"" hell," or "god."
My life is about reality, not "miracles."
Apostle Amber wrote:
You <editted for space> proclaim what you are and as a witch you lean on mans claims and the devils deceiving you and this world which end is Hell and the devil knows his end is coming quickly and yours too if you chose to follow that evil influence in this world as your name states.

To enlighten you.... the word "witch" means "wise woman."
Witches of history were the midwives, herbalists, the keepers of the wisdom of the tribe. Because they were women with personal power, the patriarchal religions would not tolerate them and so, vilified them.
I honor their memory.

Winter Garden, FL

#116432 Nov 5, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
If you couild provide me with the Scientific Theory as to how it is possible for nonliving ,nonconscious, nonintelligent matter to attain unto these properties under it's own nonpower.
And also ,if you can ,explain how that holds up against the Scienticic fact that only life can create life.
I'd really be interested in hearing it.
Then we can compare that information to the basis for my beliefs and see how they match up.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#116433 Nov 5, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
I know quite a bit, child. I'm 67 years old.
I've had time to think about religion, logic, and reality.
Conclusion....religion is the belief in myths.
<quoted text>
There is no "devil." You have been brainwashed (or have voluntarily chosen) into believing in a fable.
<quoted text>
Yahweh is not real. You are delusional.
<quoted text>
My life is great. Loving son, great friends, peaceful home, job (actually 2 jobs) that I enjoy, a creative hobby that makes money, the freedom to travel the world, excellent health...I could go on but maybe you can see that your ASSumption is wrong.
All this and NO "god" needed.
<quoted text>
No hate, child. Just trying to help you and others who reject Life in favor of delusions.
<quoted text>
I am your "foot stool?" Really? See, that is another part of the lure of religion. You get to feel superior to others.
<quoted text>
*sigh* There is no "devil,"" hell," or "god."
My life is about reality, not "miracles."
<quoted text>
To enlighten you.... the word "witch" means "wise woman."
Witches of history were the midwives, herbalists, the keepers of the wisdom of the tribe. Because they were women with personal power, the patriarchal religions would not tolerate them and so, vilified them.
I honor their memory.
Now ,a few personal comments;
1)If you are ,infact a 67 year old Witch , then I need cancel our luncgeon date as I much prefer the company of way much younger Women/witches
2)I have never ,in my entire life ,heard any self respecting female senior citizen express herself publicly by posting vulgarities such as" He has his head so far up his (*)all he can see is darkness.( Sounds like SP,UMM or Yiago
That is the type of expression one can expect to hear from some 18 year old bimbo who is stoned on Ecstacy tablets in some run down bar during Happy Hour or some drunken sailop who has gone AWOL

Thie is just my opinion after a keen observation of the facts

United States of America

#116434 Nov 5, 2013
If you can provide me with the Scientific, tangible, testable evidence that your religion/belief is 100% correct and the Muslim Faith, Jewish Faith, JW, Mormonism and all other cults are not, then I'd be interested in hearing it.

Also show me with proof that your God is the ultimate Creator of this Universe through that same tangible, testable evidence I am speaking of, I'd be really interested in seeing it!

United States of America

#116435 Nov 5, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey ,Dum Dum , Don't attempt to play mental games with me. You are out of your league.
I posted my reasons for my beliefs and they are not based on a hypothesis,theye based on reality , a reality that you are unable to contest , therefore you intentionally ignore it and pretend it was not provided....
Next time you are out cutting logs,make sure none of them fall on your head .
And if somebody yells timber ,don't stand around with your finger up your nose, trying to scratch your brain..... Duck,,,,ette
Catch my drift
curious wrote:
I posted my reasons for my beliefs and they are not based on a hypothesis,theye based on reality
Wrong! Your Belief is based on Faith and Faith Alone!
What you need is a Reality Check!!
Ha

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#116436 Nov 5, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Witchetty ,All that you have stated is based on your OPINION, which carries no weight.
Now ,a few personal comments;
1)If you are ,infact a 67 year old Witch , then I need cancel our luncgeon date as I much prefer the company of way much younger Women/witches
2)I have never ,in my entire life ,heard any self respecting female senior citizen express herself publicly by posting vulgarities such as" He has his head so far up his (*)all he can see is darkness.( Sounds like SP,UMM or Yiago
That is the type of expression one can expect to hear from some 18 year old bimbo who is stoned on Ecstacy tablets in some run down bar during Happy Hour or some drunken sailop who has gone AWOL
Thie is just my opinion after a keen observation of the facts
There is not much keen about you.
You wouldn't know a fact if it bit you on your a$$.

It is BECAUSE I am a self respecting crone that I can call them like I see them, cookie.

I KNOW who I am...and your opinion, well..simply doesn't matter to me.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#116437 Nov 5, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
If you can provide me with the Scientific, tangible, testable evidence that your religion/belief is 100% correct and the Muslim Faith, Jewish Faith, JW, Mormonism and all other cults are not, then I'd be interested in hearing it.
Also show me with proof that your God is the ultimate Creator of this Universe through that same tangible, testable evidence I am speaking of, I'd be really interested in seeing it!
Lodi , I wish to apologize for taking advantage of you by asking you the following questions which I well knew ,YOU would not be able to answer.
If you couild provide me with the Scientific Theory as to how it is possible for nonliving ,nonconscious, nonintelligent matter to attain unto these properties under it's own nonpower.
And also ,if you can ,explain how that holds up against the Scienticic fact that only life can create life.
I'd really be interested in hearing it.
Then we can compare that information to the basis for my beliefs and see how they match up.

----------
However , you know the basis for my beliefs. Do you have the ability to dispute those?
maybe you can explain to me why I am wrong in stating that
nonliving,nonintelligent ,nonconscious matter is not equipped and therefore totally unable
to create living ,intelligent ,conscious matter of it's own nonpower.
maybe you can explain to me how this may be possible.

If you are unable to do so,then we can only reach the conclusion that ID ie God is the one responsible for creating life.
Your nonability to respond will serve as confirmation that you agree with me but are unable to so state.
Sorry to destroy your false faith , but it is to your good.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#116438 Nov 5, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
There is not much keen about you.
You wouldn't know a fact if it bit you on your a$$.
me.
I take that to mean that you would know a fact ,if it hit you on your (*)

Therein lies the great difference between us.
You think with your(*) and I think with my head....

Come on witchetty , it is very unbecoming for an old crone to use such vile langushe...Reminds me of UMM and Yiago...

Yeeeks

They are back
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#116439 Nov 5, 2013
correction;
correct spelling is language,not langushe.
musta been thinking with my (*)
Oh no ,It's rubbing off

United States of America

#116440 Nov 5, 2013
You err Curious: on False assumption. That someone created the universe. Cannot be answered definitively, because how or if the universe was created is not known.

Your claims of "God did it" is a pseudoscience!

United States of America

#116441 Nov 5, 2013
should read: because how or who created the universe is not known.

United States of America

#116442 Nov 5, 2013
No one can answer those questions with the discipline of Science!!

That also includes you Curious!

But it sure doesn't stop you from continuing to make an A$$ of yourself.
{we know, goddidit}
lol
SistaNoneYa

Lexington, KY

#116443 Nov 5, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? 16 years in the Catholic cult and you never heard of a pedophile priest?
I attended a Catholic church...with a parish center.

There were no cults, we were absolutely free to think for ourselves.

Actually, we were strongly encouraged to...and it taught us to be wary of the warped and depraved.

Heck, they didn't even mind that some of the parish folks held Masters plus degrees in Science, from Yale derivative institutions.

Therefore, I am unable to relate to your stereotype bigotry.

United States of America

#116444 Nov 5, 2013
Perhaps you should research the experiments of Miller-Urey. They provide us with plenty
of evidence for the possibility of life emerging from non-life.

There is no rational nor defensible reason for proposing the involvement
of a designer or god in the formation of life. It does nothing to resolve the question of how life began, and it is merely an extraneous assertion proffered by those who are motivated by their
personal faith, not by evidence!

United States of America

#116445 Nov 5, 2013
Inserting a god or designer where science has not
yet reached a solid conclusion (sometimes called 'the God of the gaps') does not resolve what it intends, nor does it even answer the 'who'
question in any meaningful sense, because an appearance of design would still not tell us if the designer is a deistic god, a group of
polytheistic gods, any of the gods of monotheism, or something else altogether.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jeff Patterson for jailer, 30 min nope 17
Corbin Put the monkeys back in the cage WTF 50 min Zoo Keeper 2
Trump is the Anti-Christ! 58 min Poster Child for ... 70
Does J--A--R--V--I--S stand for.......? 1 hr J-A-R-V-I-S 27
Knox school closed government shutdown 1 hr Outside 1
Buying standing timber 2 hr Coondog 9
Debbie Brown 2 hr Just knows 9
Glad KC and Corbin don't play each other again 3 hr Tony 11

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web