Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
110,541 - 110,560 of 130,451 Comments Last updated 6 hrs ago

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course I'm not in favor of promorint-let alone "teaching" dark age, barbaricness.
Why would any sane, rational and logical person even begin to want to "teach" such ignorance?
Is "promorint" a real word
Just in case you are not aware of the topic of this thread, it is a debate about teaching the bible in public schools.
You have yet to state your position on the matter?
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>You have the right. You have the right to be hypocritical, and tell others about their wrongs all day long, just as you are doing here, and do daily. The ironic(hypocritical) part is, you condemn those who do it.
I said- "how about YOU worry about YOUR own wrongs, and I will worry about mine."

Is that too difficult a concept for you to comprehend?

Or do you just *like* being a condescending, judgemental type "rag"?
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Is "promorint" a real word
Just in case you are not aware of the topic of this thread, it is a debate about teaching the bible in public schools.
You have yet to state your position on the matter?
My position is-

It's a NON issue, because "indoctrination" with it doesn't exist, as this is NOT the 1800's, when schools and churches were often housed in the same buildings.

Do people speak about the book, as well as MANY others books (and other subjects as well)...

Yes, the same as ANYTHING else.

As ANY sane, rational, NON-delusional type people would realize.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
How life got started may not be important to you because you are an unbeliever .
And it is because of your Atheism that you claim that there are unanswered questions about the Universe.
As a believer , those questions are very important to me.
If reasonable evidence could be provided me that life or the Universe does not need a creator , then I would have to reconsider my beliefs, that , in spite of mypersonal experiences , which would then ,also be cast into doubt.
No such evidence has been provided , not even a scitilla.
Now ,a number of supposedly renowned Scientists make the claim that an Intelligent creator is not needed.
That life occured by natural means , but are quite unable to provide any evidence to support that claim.
Science accepts the fact that only life can create life.
So Science , in their efforts to prove that life does not need an intelligent creator ,utilizes it's intelligence and all the means avilable to it , by designing different experiments in an effort to create life .
So,if they were to succeed , what would they prove?
They would prove that the life they created was as a result of intelligent design , which they claim is not needed.
Somehow they have dug a hole for themselves and the only way out is by totally destroying their own theory. That is assuming that they were somehow able to create life.
If they fail , as they have up to now ,and were unable to explain how life came about by natural means, then at some point in time they would have to admit the error of their ways.
It's a no win situation . If they were aable to create life , they would have to admit they were wrong and that life needs a creator
To you,there is zero evidence for a God.
To those of us who believe based on what is written in Scripture ,analyzing that information and based on our personal reationship with God , that relationship being confirmed by OUR personal experiences , we have more than enough evicence on which to base our faith and beliefs
How life started is important to me, it just does not define my atheism. If we find evidence a god created life, then it will likely change my atheism, but as of yet, no one knows how life started for sure. So I reserve judgment on that until some facts are known.

I see you stacked the deck against science on how life started. You do not believe life started naturally because science cannot replicate the process, and if science does in the future, it only means it is still a god that really did it.

So spare me the bullshit about you every changing your position based upon evidence or science.
You are clearly to stupid to realize what you just said, nailed that bull in the coffin.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
I said- "how about YOU worry about YOUR own wrongs, and I will worry about mine."
Is that too difficult a concept for you to comprehend?
Or do you just *like* being a condescending, judgemental type "rag"?
Ah, but you fail to realize you do not rule me. I will always point out your wrongs, just as you will do it to us non believers. I am just not a hypocrite as you are, and that is the difference.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
My position is-
It's a NON issue, because "indoctrination" with it doesn't exist, as this is NOT the 1800's, when schools and churches were often housed in the same buildings.
Do people speak about the book, as well as MANY others books (and other subjects as well)...
Yes, the same as ANYTHING else.
As ANY sane, rational, NON-delusional type people would realize.
Well I did not really expect a straight answer anyways, but this is getting closer.
I see you are somehow confident the class will instill no religious belief into the student.
This is far from what the religious posters here are wishing for in this class.
I cannot predict how each class will be taught or how each person will accept it.
What I do know is, their are many passages that promote killing based upon ones religious beliefs, in the bible.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not.
That's why I prefer opinion, and the fact that people can and do have, MANY varying aspects of-over the ignorance of simplisTic, narrow box "black and white" judgeMentalness.
Oh, so your judging is opinion and ours is not?
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Hang on a minute. You're referring to the Old Testament and by your own admission, you don't follow it's rules.
The books that make up the Old Testament belong to the Jews, not the Christians. Those OT *prophecies*(I use the term loosely) were made by the Jews. It's their religion, not yours.
Ask a Jew whether Christ fulfilled those prophecies and you'll get a quite different answer to the one you want to hear. Who are you to tell the Jews that their belief system is wrong and that they're not interpreting their own scriptures properly? Christians see the whole Jewish mythology as little more than a dress rehearsal for their own mythology.
Anyway. Many people who know the Bible far better than you or I, state that Daniel was written around the time of the Maccabean Revolt (approx 160 BCE).
I trust you're also aware that Daniel contradicts other scriptures.
What does Daniel have to say about why we suffer?
As far as Daniel is concerned, humans suffer because of forces (beasts) opposed to God and his followers. The *righteous*(another word I use loosely) behaviour of God's followers leads to their persecution and suffering. This is in Daniel 7:18 & 7:27.
Now check out Amos 3-5 where you'll see that people suffer because it's caused by God on the people who have broken his rules.
So, a quick recap here and you'll see that in Daniel it's God's enemies who cause suffering and in Amos it's God himself who causes it.
What does Daniel have to say about how suffering ends?
Well, Daniels says it will end very soon when God destroys the evil that's at large and leaves the way clear for his kingdom to be created.
What does Amos say about how the suffering ends?
Amos doesn't say it will end soon. All he says is that it will be at some point in the future and will be when the people repent.
In Daniel suffering is to end very soon when God personally intervenes and destroys the evil forces that are arrayed against him.
In Amos it's none of that and suffering will end when the people return to God.
Damn those biblical contradictions!
One thing you've got to understand...
"Who is the message to"?
and...
I do not use BCE, and CE!
Look, I know if I spell it out to you... you'll reject it!
Read it again if you want, or not!
or...
you could go to

Lamb & Lion Ministries: Home - Bible Prophecy Ministry …

lamblion.com
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Go easy on the hyperbole
Perhaps you should check out the dictionary and read the definition of "baby" before you spout more made-up statistics.
I regularly give to charity and donate money on telethons and appeals. Your god is supposedly omnipotent. That means saving the world's starving children is probably easier for him than blinking is for us.
Putting things in perspective, I do far more to help starving kids out than your absent god has ever done.
You talk about choice. What choice would that be?
According to the Bible we have no choice:
"In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will"
Ephesians 1:11
Do you know what "predestined" means?
pre·des·tine (pr-dstn)
tr.v. pre·des·tined, pre·des·tin·ing, pre·des·tines
1. To fix upon, decide, or decree in advance; foreordain.
2. Theology To foreordain or elect by divine will or decree.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/predestined
In other words, everything we do has been mapped out and decided in advance by your god.
That includes abortion doctors. They are doing what God decreed in advance for them.
Pre-destination does not include everyone!
Obviously... the blind are still with us...
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
If there is an afterlife, God is going to tell Christians "I gave you brains, and the best you could do is pretend I didn't? NO SOUP FOR YOU."
Hahaha!
Now that's funny!
He also gave you discernment!
To look at the complexity of life, and say there was no designer...
Not using your brains, but for zombie food!
(zombie = liberal academia)
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

Apostle Amber wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, your compliment goes a long way in up lifting my Spirit. Praise God for your kindness.
The preaching of the cross is foolishness to those that are perishing!
We cannot force the blind to see... if they refuse!
Just put it out there, and let the mockers mock...
Knowing that long before they came along...
our God spoke of them!
You, and I know what He saved us from, and they will never change that!
Amen!

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Cattle docks historically came to mind as well.
For sure, Armour, Swift and the Union stockyards, plus there was manufacturing, the railroad, the World's Fair... there's lots of history in Chi town and the nation wouldn't be the same without it. Miserable place to drive and I'd hate to live there. I suppose you've spent a lot of time around Rockford, the quad cities, Peoria, Springfield, Carbondale,...?
I heard a guy left his heart in San Francisco, but I left my appendix in Galesburg - a story for another day.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Hahaha!
Now that's funny!
He also gave you discernment!
To look at the complexity of life, and say there was no designer...
Not using your brains, but for zombie food!
(zombie = liberal academia)
LOL! No, THAT'S funny. You talk about complexity and a Designer when you stick your tongue out and break into beads of sweat over the delicate procedure of tying the velcro on your sneakers.
curious

Ocoee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>How life started is important to me, it just does not define my atheism. If we find evidence a god created life, then it will likely change my atheism, but as of yet, no one knows how life started for sure. So I reserve judgment on that until some facts are known.
I see you stacked the deck against science on how life started. You do not believe life started naturally because science cannot replicate the process, and if science does in the future, it only means it is still a god that really did it.
So spare me the bullshit about you every changing your position based upon evidence or science.
You are clearly to stupid to realize what you just said, nailed that bull in the coffin.
You and Chroe are caught in the untenable position that you or anyone else can demonstrate any of the following 2 alternatives are credible in regards to the creation of Universe and life
1) you have stated that you do not believe there was never NOTHING.
So obviously Nothing is not responsible for having Created anything.
2) You say energy might have always existed .
Now , does energy posses any of the following properties, Life , intelligence or consciousness? The answer is no.
But in order to get around that problem , Atheists present us with an excuse.
If given time ,asnything can happen and that somehow that which does not posses the properties of life,intelligence or consciousness,properties it does not have or knows anything about,will somehow , over billions of years attain unto those properties by some natural coincident.
In effect , Atheists are reduced to begging for time,hoping that somehow , the inpossible may occur.
Impossible due to the fact that it has been shown that only life can create life.
Can unconsciousness create consciousness? That is absurd,so is the faith that nonintelligence can create intelligence.
Not able to give areasonable explanation for that faith , you can only beg for time ,in the millions of years.
So , if nonliving ,nonconscious,nonintelligent energy/matter is not able to create those properties , then one must conclude that what has always existed has the properties of life,conaciousnes and intelligence IE GOD.
Unable to refute my conclusion , you and Chroe resort to calling me arrogant,stupid etal.
Therefore you both have to resort to insults and excuses in order to avoid dealing with an issue for which you both are unqualified.
But let me add , I know that the British impostor will soon chime in from his rubber room in Nottingham. He is also as unqualified as you 2 are . Aned let us not forget that Witchetty and are also slinking around.
That does not matter as theonly contributions that they will make
will be composed of more Atheist nonsense and gibberish.
Excuses, smokescreens , stinkbombs and insults will not help prop up the false foundation ,built on quicksand , that you all have erected.
Neither are they able to refute that which is obvious.
Your faith and your hopes are a testament to your ignorance.

Suffice it to say that , your incoherent and illogical faith in Atheism only serves to further convince me that my Faith and beliefs are founded on a rock foundation ,of which Christ is the Cornerstone.
My faith is not based on the nonproperties of nonliving,nonintelligen and nonconscious.
My God lives and posseses in overabunddace the necessary qualities to create the Universe and all therein.
Who dares to disprove my beliefs.
That is not being arrogant , that is a testament to the strength of my faith in my God

Since: Feb 12

Roseville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>You have the right. You have the right to be hypocritical, and tell others about their wrongs all day long, just as you are doing here, and do daily. The ironic(hypocritical) part is, you condemn those who do it.
I agree, Mike. Reading the HeShe posts and replies is akin having to smell vomit all day long.
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
So genocide is ok in your mind. Wow.
Yaa, you are sick.
Your unbearable shame at the things you have done (and, of course, the drugs) have crippled your mind.
You scream about abortions yet admit you would kill your own child should that voice in your head tell you to.
Your family should get help for you before you hurt someone.
Hahaha...
God being God(and He is...)...
I don't have to anything but Praise, and Love Him!
I do, and always will!
Will I miss you in Heaven???
I really do not know, but I do know....
I will not bothered by hateful people, and that is GOOD!
Thank you Lord Jesus!
Amen!
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you are being condescending.
Put your stones back in your pockets YaA, don't we all have enough of our OWN flaws, foibles and IMperfections to worry about, with out picking at others?
Just trying to open some eyes!
:-)
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
You're wrong.
"If the basic constants of fundamental physical laws were even slightly different, lesbian sex could not exist. Ergo, God exists, and He is a bro who likes to watch women get it on." -- Blake Stacey
This coming from a person the uses
a drag version of Charlie Mccarthy as an Avatar!
Romans 1

1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the
power of God to salvation to every one that believeth; to the
Jew first, and also to the Greek.
1:17 For in this is the righteousness of God revealed from faith
to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.
1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all
ungodliness, and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in
unrighteousness.
1:19 Because that which may be known of God, is manifest in
them; for God hath shown [it] to them.
1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the
world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are
made,[even] his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are
without excuse:
1:21 Because that when they knew God, they glorified [him] not
as God, neither were thankful, but became vain in their
imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools:
1:23 And changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an
image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and
four-footed beasts, and creeping animals.
1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, through the
lusts of their own hearts, to dishonor their own bodies between
themselves:
1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshiped and
served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for
ever. Amen.
1:26 For this cause God gave them up to vile affections. For
even their women did change the natural use into that which is
against nature:
1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the
woman, burned in their lust one towards another; men with men
working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves
that recompense of their error which was meet.
1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in [their]
knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those
things which are not convenient;
1:29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication,
wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder,
debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
1:30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters,
inventers of evil things, disobedient to parents,
1:31 Without understanding, covenant-breakers, without natural
affection, implacable, unmerciful:
1:32 Who, knowing the judgment of God, that they who commit such
things are worthy of death; not only do the same, but have
pleasure in them that do them.
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
You're making this up as you go along, aren't you.
Where does the bible say that children go straight to heaven?
This might help you...
http://www.barr-family.com/godsword/babys.htm
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
That's about the size of it.
If Y and A believed his god was instructing him to kill a child then he'd do it in a New York minute.
Hahaha...
You don't know anything do ya???
(1) God wouldn't... He let you live!
(2) I know God's voice!
(3) Jesus told a parable about Tares in the Wheat...
They are to grow with the wheat until harvest...
gathered together, and burned in unquenchable fire!
What you have to know is this...
You do not need to stay a Tare!
Repent!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 7 min welcome 1,073
Tommy golden 40 min one who knows 29
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 hr wtf 151,029
Travis slushpup 4 hr Beenthere 1
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 4 hr yourmommm 1,048
Mayor West Sunday Campaining Respect the Sabbath 7 hr yep 15
union 8 hr curious 7
•••
•••
Barbourville Dating