Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 151729 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#116018 Nov 1, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
Weird Christian 'logic' "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, yada, yada"
Nice post

"For God so loved the world that he created ebola, streptococcus, MRSA and those parasitic worms that burrow into your eye, etc"
ChromiuMan wrote:
Except that by comparison to what literally millions of other humans have gone through Jesus didn't really suffer that much, according to Xtians he didn't die and he's by his father's side either way - so neither God nor Jesus "gave" anybody anything.
Absolutely!

Remember Bewitched? Was it really housework when Samantha wiggled her nose and hey presto, the house was clean?

Did Samantha ever get dirty when she did the cleaning?

No, she used her powers wisely.

Just think how much better it would have been if God had watched a few episodes of Bewitched before creating stuff.

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#116019 Nov 1, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Weird Christian 'logic' "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, yada, yada"
Except that by comparison to what literally millions of other humans have gone through Jesus didn't really suffer that much, according to Xtians he didn't die and he's by his father's side either way - so neither God nor Jesus "gave" anybody anything.
True. Jesus only had a bad weekend, according to the myth.

Many, many humans have suffered, and still suffer, far worse every day.

Dragging the cross and being spit on? Oh, the humiliation, especially if you are claiming to be a demigod.

Crucified? Big hairy deal. Lots of people were executed that way.
This only lasted a couple of days. There are people all over this world suffering from starvation, dehydration, disease, exposure, etc. for much longer.

A "crown of thorns" on his head? Prickly, sure...but excruciatingly painful? Not so much.

The spear in the side? Painful of course, but a kindness.

All in all, just a bad weekend.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#116020 Nov 1, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, why would I suspect that you were the kid who ran to the teacher when another child had chewing gum on the playground?
I have not used any foul language. You can fill in the blanks to think I may have - and it will be the only blanks you've attempted to flesh out so far.
Religion and science always comes back to the points that you fail to address and utterly fail to understand. There was no time before space-time, there were no plants "created" before the Sun and moon were "created" and you have offered no "evidence" for your beliefs to supplement your "sign from God" lost and found dog story.
There is >nothing< that you have demonstrated or proposed in any post that indicates introducing any religious indoctrination into a classroom is a good idea. Certainly not education, morality, character, ethics or mental stability. >Nothing.<
Again you throw up smokescreens and lame excuses inorder to avoid the issue in question....Which is;
Was Life and the Universe creates by ,
1) Nothing by
2) some nonintelligent,nonliving nonconscious force or
3) or by intelligent design
I stated my case for Intelligent Design

I asked all of you to present your case and for you to try and invalidate my reasons for believing as I do.
So far , none of you have stated your case and unable to refute what I posted,have had to resort to lame excuses and smokescreens.
You just flung a few stinkbombs in order to draw attention away from your inability to address the issue at hand.

Bringing up a nonissue such as my dog , has nothing at all whatsoever with the issue in question.
You attempt to cloud the issue further by alluding to some irrelevant statement about introducing religious indictrination into public sghools Blah blah blah.....That is another of your futile efforts in order to change the topic .
The truth is that, you are all unable to submit an alternative whereby you could justify and defend how it may be possible for natural causes to create intelligent ,living conscios beings ... not to mention the universe

I claim that life was created by intelligent design and I give my reasons for my beliefs.
You all, not only are totally incapable of disputing my reasons, but are also uncapable of submitting an alternative which you could defend.
Neither excuses ,smokescreens or insults ,not by you ,Dukette or
Khatru are capable of challenging my reasons....And that is because you do not challenge what I have written , you merely insult and avoid having to deal with it.
If none of you could deal with it , then you should not have enmeshed yourselves into the conversation

curious

Winter Garden, FL

#116021 Nov 1, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Seeing as you have a tendency to reject science in favour of magic, I'd say that your view on science isn't particularly well informed.
Ignotamus EmeritusII

When it comes as to how life was created and by what or whom , Science can not explain...
They are stumped , that is, those who do not believe in God are stumped.
They claim Intelligent Design is not needed ,. but are cpmpletely lost as to how it may have occured otherwise.
Except for Steven Hawkins , who now claims that the leaw of gravity Caused Nothing to spontaneously create something out of nothing , therby creating the Universe and life.
As he stated,where it not for gravity there woulgd be no universe and we would not be here.
On what basis he came to that conclusion and what evidence he has to support that conclusion ,is amystery to me.
Nothing created something out of nothing , that IS HIS CLAIM.
and you wanna talk about magic????
You are another one of those misinformed and misguided Brits that do their worst thinking while sitting on their brains,,If you catch my drift.

BTW , I hear the Atheist Church of London , known as,Fools Paradise
has a humongous problem with attendance.
As I undestand it , they have invited Rev,. Billy Graham as guest speaker so that he can fill the place up.
Last time he was in London it is estimated that he drew over 2.5 million people to his sermons.......

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#116022 Nov 1, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Again you throw up smokescreens and lame excuses inorder to avoid the issue in question....Which is;
1) Nothing by
I asked all of you to present your case and for you to try and invalidate my reasons for believing as I do.
So far , none of you have stated your case and unable to refute what I posted,have had to resort to lame excuses and smokescreens.
You just flung a few stinkbombs in order to draw attention away from your inability to address the issue at hand.
Bringing up a nonissue such as my dog , has nothing at all whatsoever with the issue in question.
You attempt to cloud the issue further by alluding to some irrelevant statement about introducing religious indictrination into public sghools Blah blah blah.....That is another of your futile efforts in order to change the topic .
The truth is that, you are all unable to submit an alternative whereby you could justify and defend how it may be possible for natural causes to create intelligent ,living conscios beings ... not to mention the universe
I claim that life was created by intelligent design and I give my reasons for my beliefs.
You all, not only are totally incapable of disputing my reasons, but are also uncapable of submitting an alternative which you could defend.
Khatru are capable of challenging my reasons....And that is because you do not challenge what I have written , you merely insult and avoid having to deal with it.
If none of you could deal with it , then you should not have enmeshed yourselves into the conversation
Life was "created" by natural processes. You already know that is the answer. Why do you keep calling it a smokescreen when you propose that a supernatural metaphysical humanoid created not only homo sapiens (specifically Semitic homo sapiens), but the enormity of all time and space for the tribes to live in for a few thousand years? Seems to me the smoke in your screen is highly hallucinogenic and should be investigated by the DEA.
non believer

Rancho Cordova, CA

#116023 Nov 1, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
1) Nothing by
All you claim is that "God Is Real" no evidence needed only blind faith. You repeat yourself over and over and over does not make your claim any more real by posting many paragraphs of prattle.

Some will think the story below is proof God exists.

Lawrence Anthony, a legend in South Africa and author of 3 books including the bestseller The Elephant Whisperer, bravely rescued wildlife and rehabilitated elephants all over the globe from human atrocities, including the courageous rescue of Baghdad Zoo animals during US invasion in 2003.

On March 7, 2012 Lawrence Anthony died.

He is remembered and missed by his wife, 2 sons, 2 grandsons & numerous elephants.

Two days after his passing, the wild elephants showed up at his home led by two large matriarchs. Separate wild herds arrived in droves to say goodbye to their beloved man-friend.

A total of 20 elephants had patiently walked over 12 miles to get to his South African house.

Witnessing this spectacle, humans were obviously in awe not only because of the supreme intelligence and precise timing that these elephants sensed about Lawrence's passing, but also because of the profound memory and emotion the beloved animals evoked in such an organized way.

Walking slowly - for days - making their way in a solemn one-by-one queue from their habitat to his house.

Lawrence's wife, Francoise, was especially touched, knowing that the elephants had not been to his house prior to that day for well over a year!

But yet they knew where they were going.

The elephants obviously wanted to pay their deep respects, honoring their friend who'd saved their lives - so much respect that they stayed for 2 days 2 nights.

Then one morning, they left, making their long journey back home.
So true

United States

#116024 Nov 1, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Just trying to open some eyes!
:-)
sometimes it takes life changing events , to open our eyes.
So true

United States

#116025 Nov 1, 2013
It's okay to disagree with the thoughts or opinions expressed by other people. That doesn't give you the right to deny any sense they might make. Nor does it give you a right to accuse someone of poorly expressing their beliefs just because you don't like what they are saying. Learn to recognize good writing when you read it, even if it means overcoming your pride and opening your mind beyond what is comfortable.
So true

United States

#116026 Nov 1, 2013
Every human being on the face of the earth has a steel plate in his head, but if you lie down now and then and get still as you can, it will slide open like elevator doors, letting in all the secret thoughts that have been standing around so patiently, pushing the button for a ride to the top. The real troubles in life happen when those hidden doors stay closed for too long
May we all leave a door opened. Nite all
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#116027 Nov 1, 2013
non believer wrote:
<quoted text>
All you claim is that "God Is Real" no evidence needed only blind faith. You repeat yourself over and over and over does not make your claim any more real by posting many paragraphs of prattle.
Some will think the story below is proof God exists.
Lawrence Anthony, a legend in South Africa and author of 3 books including the bestseller The Elephant Whisperer, bravely rescued wildlife and rehabilitated elephants all over the globe from human atrocities, including the courageous rescue of Baghdad Zoo animals during US invasion in 2003.
On March 7, 2012 Lawrence Anthony died.
He is remembered and missed by his wife, 2 sons, 2 grandsons & numerous elephants.
Two days after his passing, the wild elephants showed up at his home led by two large matriarchs. Separate wild herds arrived in droves to say goodbye to their beloved man-friend.
A total of 20 elephants had patiently walked over 12 miles to get to his South African house.
Witnessing this spectacle, humans were obviously in awe not only because of the supreme intelligence and precise timing that these elephants sensed about Lawrence's passing, but also because of the profound memory and emotion the beloved animals evoked in such an organized way.
Walking slowly - for days - making their way in a solemn one-by-one queue from their habitat to his house.
Lawrence's wife, Francoise, was especially touched, knowing that the elephants had not been to his house prior to that day for well over a year!
But yet they knew where they were going.
The elephants obviously wanted to pay their deep respects, honoring their friend who'd saved their lives - so much respect that they stayed for 2 days 2 nights.
Then one morning, they left, making their long journey back home.
Well , Now we are graed by the postings of Ignoramus Emeritus the 3rd.

Resorting to chicannery and obfuscation , instead of dealing with the issue that he is obviously so unqualified to address.
Foolish one ,let me repeat , the issue is whether the universe and life were created by intelligent design or not.
That elephants marched to whereever from whereven has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO with the topic being discussed.
It has become quite clear that none of you dares to claim that Life was created by a nonintelligent , nonliving , nonconscious force.
If you do , be prepared to defend your case.
But you won't because you can't.
That is eating away at all of you. You have all become frustrated ,angry and incoherent at your total inability to reasonably refute what I have posted.
So you all attempt to disguise your inabilities by posting lame EXCUSES and insults , because that is all you have to offer.
Your rebuttals are grounded in gibberish ,nonsense and evasive tactics.
I claim that life was created by Intelligent Design.
You all claim otherwise.
Explain why you believe it happened otherwise and how that may be possible...
If you can not do that, then shut up ,stop whining and stick your lame excuses back in your befuddled minds..... That is,assuming that your mind is capable of holding more nonsense.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#116028 Nov 1, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Life was "created" by natural processes. You already know that is the answer. Why do you keep calling it a smokescreen when you propose that a supernatural metaphysical humanoid created not only homo sapiens (specifically Semitic homo sapiens), but the enormity of all time and space for the tribes to live in for a few thousand years? Seems to me the smoke in your screen is highly hallucinogenic and should be investigated by the DEA.
You are depriving a village of it's idiot

No I do not know that life was created by natural processes , that is another lame excuse that you have concocted.
These natural processes that you allude to , but fail to identify , What are they?
How were they able to create life,which they themselves do not posses , or consciousness or intelligence .
Let us not forget that Science has claimed that only life can create life...
Moreover , Why is it that Science , by leaving God out of the equation, claims to have no idea as to how life was created and you have managed to figure out it was created by natural means.....

Very weak nonresponse , anarexic by any standards,,,and I am being kind

Since: Oct 13

Covington, KY

#116029 Nov 1, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I am rolling on the floor and I just wet my pants.
Thank you for that very reasoned Scientific explanation.
You covered all the bases......with nonsense and manure.
I will not deny you the privilige of doubling your intellectual content . Go read a book with blank pages.
If you learn nothing from reading it , you'll still know twice as much than befor you read it
You make a strong case for those who believe that NOTHING created their intelligence , as Nothing from nothin gets nothing.
Man proclaiming mans thoughts and limited mans knowledge that they proclaim it above God, is that of what educated people adhere to but Godly people see through it to know the truth is with Gods love.

In trying to interpret the word of God without meaning in the Holy Spirit, it becomes lackluster and worldly. Its deceiving appeal exists only for a short period of time and then passes away. Like the world.

The devil coaxes people to invest in mans logic and trust the inclinations of his own mind and the devil in his twisting the truth in Gods word using these type of things as weapons to attack the truth when it's spoken. Gods thoughts are not our own.

But we who are of God know the truth and hold it dear never letting it go.

The only one perfect enough to be able to be in charge of everything in this world to know who and how and when and why is not just a man but the son of God. Jesus Christ The Lord!

The Lord is able to decree what is the acceptable work for each person at the appropriate time. Not to please men but God. He is able to distribute intelligence and wisdom too.

Harlan, KY

#116030 Nov 1, 2013
???
non believer

Rancho Cordova, CA

#116031 Nov 1, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>

I claim that life was created by Intelligent Design.
You all claim otherwise.
That is,assuming that your mind is capable of holding more nonsense.
See how I shorten your rantings that you repeat over and over. You have no proof except your faith. Remember that God cannot grow limbs on amputees that's my proof he does not exist.

You cannot refute that ever.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#116032 Nov 1, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Worship whatever you want...
The answer stands!
Punishment of evil = Good!
Repent!
Do you not mean, punishment for worshiping golden calves, death?
Divert all you wish. It only proves your tale is myth.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#116033 Nov 1, 2013
non believer wrote:
<quoted text>
See how I shorten your rantings that you repeat over and over. You have no proof except your faith. Remember that God cannot grow limbs on amputees that's my proof he does not exist.
You cannot refute that ever.
Of course you shortened what I wrote , Why wouldn't you?
I challenged all of you to present the basis for your belief that intelligent Design GOD , is not the creator of life.
You dare not take up that challenge, then , as is customary with Atheists , when they are caught in a trap of their own making and cannot get out , they throw up smokscreens ,of which, you are a prime example , amputees have nothing to do with yhe topic at hand
I have stated the reasons for my faith. Said reasons , none of you have been able to challenge , only insults and smokescreens have been provided.
I stand and defend my beliefs , you Atheists are unable to express the basis for creation because it is based on nonsense ,begging for time ,unable to explain or justify it , other than nonsensible answers.
The reason I keep pounding on the subject is because you won't leave it alone.
You have no credible defense for your opinions , causing you frustration and anger and can only resort to devious methods in an effort to disclaim your foolishness.
To me, this topic is ended.
Any more excuses and attempts to distract will be as futile as all your past attempts...And ,that is all you have to offer.
I do not need to waste my time with all your foolishness.

Since: Oct 13

Covington, KY

#116034 Nov 1, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you shortened what I wrote , Why wouldn't you?
I challenged all of you to present the basis for your belief that intelligent Design GOD , is not the creator of life.
You dare not take up that challenge, then , as is customary with Atheists , when they are caught in a trap of their own making and cannot get out , they throw up smokscreens ,of which, you are a prime example , amputees have nothing to do with yhe topic at hand
I have stated the reasons for my faith. Said reasons , none of you have been able to challenge , only insults and smokescreens have been provided.
I stand and defend my beliefs , you Atheists are unable to express the basis for creation because it is based on nonsense ,begging for time ,unable to explain or justify it , other than nonsensible answers.
The reason I keep pounding on the subject is because you won't leave it alone.
You have no credible defense for your opinions , causing you frustration and anger and can only resort to devious methods in an effort to disclaim your foolishness.
Any more excuses and attempts to distract will be as futile as all your past attempts...And ,that is all you have to offer.
Yea Curious! Praise Jesus you are free from this bondage, Jesus just told them as I have and you have and we are to know them by their fruits.

Now you have planted a seed of truth. It's up to them now to break free as you have and I am.
Khora

Somerset, KY

#116036 Nov 2, 2013
Yes. Let us teach about the one true god in our schools again.

Allah!
Strike down these non-believers.
non believer

Rancho Cordova, CA

#116037 Nov 2, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>

You dare not take up that challenge

I shorten your rant again.

Does your God blame animals for sex crimes?

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#116038 Nov 2, 2013
Apostle Amber wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea Curious! Praise Jesus you are free from this bondage, Jesus just told them as I have and you have and we are to know them by their fruits.
Now you have planted a seed of truth. It's up to them now to break free as you have and I am.
You have willingly enslaved yourself to a myth.
You have traded freedom, which you fear, for living on your knees and trying to live by the rules of a primitive, superstitious people.
You seem to need a "ruler" so that you can behave has a decent human being.

I don't. I am free to behave as my conscience dictates.
It works pretty well for me. I haven't murdered anyone, stolen things, cheated others or lied.

I would argue that you are the slave and I am the one who is free.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Advocate puzzle 3 min Wilchec 2
save alot 4 min pugilista 22
Older men Younger women 16 min long cool woman 13
women 26 min guy 1
cheese eating rat on callebs creek 1 hr ThinkThatsHer 4
It"s a bad problem to deal with 1 hr Sad Melody 1
Higher Property Taxes 2 hr Woweee 14

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance