Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Read more: The Courier-Journal 135,639

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Read more
SistaNoneYaBiz

Hazard, KY

#115931 Oct 31, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Sure, but of course a god would know many are ignorant to what causes war.
My point stands. The bible is fuel for war. We could have gone without it for the better.
The Bible is "fuel for war" only for those who CHOOSE to use it as such, of thier own free will.
And not everyone chooses to use it that way.

Bibles don't cause wars, ignorant people do.
SistaNoneYaBiz

Hazard, KY

#115932 Oct 31, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>You write colorful, long winded, demeaning condemnations and name calling, yet somehow in your mind, you feel this is good behavior? Wow, you really are in a massive delusion.
You write dismissive, condescending and repetative posts, and make ludicrous assumptions as if you know anything of what another thinks.

Therefore, you dubbing anything as "delusional", is laughable.
SistaNoneYaBiz

Hazard, KY

#115933 Oct 31, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Ok, so you base your opinion upon a few photos, that have no verification. Got it.
Now do you believe Moses had three thousand people murdered at this mountain in the name of god and good? Do you think we should teach this to kids in public school? If so, should a disclaimer be attached to the lesson. Something like, we do not endorse killing due to religious beliefs.
I always kind of figured that's what the Ten Commandments were-

OOPS-forget the dark age stuff (due to chronicled events that often show WHY to forget the dark age stuff).
Try these simple guidelines for new and improved modern age living; aka enlightenment.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#115934 Oct 31, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
We were discussing Atheists , you conveniently tried to sneak in an Agnostic
neverthe less ,let us discuss BArt Ehrman's beliefs ; based on an interview with the Christian Post
His defense regarding the historicity of Jesus. In his recent book, Did Jesus Exist?: The Historical Argument for Jesus of Nazareth, Ehrman takes to task the extreme fringe skeptics (the ‘mythicists’) who say Jesus never existed. While mythicist talk may grace the forums of various internet atheist haunts, you won’t find a credible historian or university who backs such assertions – something Bart demonstrates quite well. Of Jesus, Ehrman says,“One of the most certain facts of history is that Jesus was crucified on orders of the Roman prefect of Judea, Pontius Pilate.”[2]
Moreover, Bart also validates the historical lives of the disciples, Paul, and their claims about seeing Jesus alive. Of course, he denies Christ actually rose from the dead and offers a variety of explanations for what Paul and the other apostles experienced, but he doesn’t deny that something happened to change each of them into defenders of Christianity.
My note; What ever that Experience was, The apostles gave their lives for there beliefs .And their beliefs were based oln their personal experiences
We also need to thank Bart for openly calling out and educating the Church on passages in the Bible that the vast majority of theologians recognize as not being part of the original canon. The longer ending of Mark (16:9-19), the section of the woman caught in adultery in John (7:73-8:11), and the 1 John 5:7-8 Trinitarian formula still found in a few Bible translations are all considered inauthentic by most Biblical scholars. Ehrman is right to remind believers of this fact.
Of course, nearly all Bibles clearly omit or mark these passages as suspect in some way, and skeptics should understand that it is through the science of Biblical criticism that such verses are classified as not being known by the early Church nor inspired by God. Bart is certainly not the first to bring these passages to light.
Lastly, I appreciate Bart’s honesty in the interview where he admits that it is the logical problem of evil that has turned him from belief in God vs. any supposed errors in the Bible. Many unbelievers cover the true source of their disbelief with various smokescreens, but I am impressed that Ehrman does not do this.
Bart is a non believer. He does not believe many of the claims of the bible. Most atheists have varied views of what is historically true about the bible, as their is scant evidence.
Whether Jesus existed as a man is far from the point of the bible. The controversial claim is him being a deity. Bart believes he is not, just as I believe he is not.
Btw, Dawkins claims to be agnostic. We could discuss the difference, but this is not the main point. One need not believe in a god or that Jesus is the Christ in order to be a great teacher of the bible.
Now for my point. Bart certainly points out to his students that the likelihood of Jesus being a deity is low. Same for the god of the bible.
I have read a few of his books and have spoken to him personally.
SistaNoneYaBiz

Hazard, KY

#115935 Oct 31, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So you are a fan of OT thinking, an eye for an eye.
No.

I'm not a fan of anyone abusing anyone to start with, at all.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#115936 Oct 31, 2013
SistaNoneYaBiz wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing is perfect...some how, some where, there's always a flaw of some sort,
There are those who say that Jesus was perfect, that their personal concept of their god is perfect, that the Bible, the Qu'ran, the Kabbalah, etc., etc. are perfect, and to add absolutes to injury, they are >perfectly< content to believe so forever and ever, Amen.
So Pangloss must be right. All is for the best in the best of all possible worlds....
SistaNoneYaBiz

Hazard, KY

#115937 Oct 31, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
Ron Wyatt?
Even Christians say he was a fraud.
You do know he's dead, don't you?
Not at the time the ma was sudying the region, he wasn't.
And I wasn't referencing Christians, I was referencing archeologists.
A few quotes from-(try to pay attention now)
http://www.archaeologyfieldwork.com

As we view the holy precinct, here at the foot of the mountain, we can see a large fence, and a guard house, which was built immediately after Ron Wyatt showed this site to a Saudi Archeologist in 1985.

This fence follows along the line of 18 foot diameter boundary markers which Moses was directed to build by God. This sign, by the guard house states that this is an Archeological site, passed by Royal decree, and that it is unlawful to trespass subject to penalty.

And as we pan to the left, here we can see where the fence ends on the other side. And now, as we pan away from the Holy precinct, we look out into the area of the camp of the Israelites.

There are several Archaeological remains still here, but this one is of particular interest for us.

Israel was occupying the Sinai Peninsula at this time, in 1978, and moved this first column from the beach and set it in concrete across the road as you can see here.

Diving at this site, they found numerous corral encrusted chariot parts, such as these two chariot wheels, still attached to an axel, one wheel flat on the ground, and the other in the air.

This is a 6 spoked wheel.

They found a vast amount of artifacts, which loudly attest to the miracle which occurred here.
Horse and human skeletal remains are still preserved by the corral, as are chariot cabs without wheels, wheels without cabs, some wheels on axels, and some not.

He retrieved a chariot wheel hub which he presented to Nasaf Hasan who is the director of antiquities in Cairo Egypt.

But the most astounding find was this golden eared, 4 spoked chariot wheel, which he was able to video in March of 1988, but he was unable to retrieve it, as the wood had disintegrated leaving only a thin gold shell.

There are many factors that lead Ron to this site, but three were most compelling. First, in order for the Israelites to have left Egypt proper, they would have had to have begun their journey on the eastern side of the Gulf of Suez, this left only the gulf of Aquaba.

Second, there is only one place along the shore line of the gulf of Aquaba, which could hold the perhaps 3 million people, this area is so large, it can be seen from this satellite photo.
----------
Visit our Network websites: archaeologyfieldwork.com - architecturalhistoryjobs.com - cooloutdoorjobs.com - environmentaljobresource.com - geojobsonline.com - museumjobsonline.com - paleojobs.com - sciencegeekjobs.com

“See how you are?”

Earth

#115938 Oct 31, 2013
SistaNoneYaBiz wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
I'm not a fan of anyone abusing anyone to start with, at all.
Oh, please. On any given day, you'll abbreviate your Custom Code of Hammurabi to "Doo-doo onto others."
curious

Ocoee, FL

#115939 Oct 31, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
The only "reason" you give for intelligent design is Genesis, romanticism and an inability to recognize and accord the dynamic potentials of natural forces in innumerable environs and over vast periods of time.
A think tank run by Sesame Street, Dr. Suess and Captain Kangaroo couldn't break it down in simple enough steps to sway someone who is determined to remain proudly superstitious and arrogantly ignorant.
I am rolling on the floor and I just wet my pants.
Thank you for that very reasoned Scientific explanation.
You covered all the bases......with nonsense and manure.
I will not deny you the privilige of doubling your intellectual content . Go read a book with blank pages.
If you learn nothing from reading it , you'll still know twice as much than befor you read it.
Oyeeee ,miraaaa ,cabeza seca , tu eres mas bruto que una ratonera de cantazo.....
You make a strong case for those who believe that NOTHING created their intelligence , as Nothing from nothing gets nothing.
tu si babu ,testa di cipolla
curious

Ocoee, FL

#115940 Oct 31, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Well I have specifically answered all your questions in the past, but you refuse to acknowledge those answers. I do not believe "nothing" ever existed. But I cannot really know. Not that it has anything to do with my atheism, but that does not stop you from lying about what I believe.
How life started or other unanswered questions of our universe has no bearing on my atheism. The simple fact their is zero evidence of a god is why I do not believe in a god. Why is that above your comprehension level? Are you just stupid, mentally challenged, or just in denial?
How life got started may not be important to you because you are an unbeliever .
And it is because of your Atheism that you claim that there are unanswered questions about the Universe.
As a believer , those questions are very important to me.
If reasonable evidence could be provided me that life or the Universe does not need a creator , then I would have to reconsider my beliefs, that , in spite of mypersonal experiences , which would then ,also be cast into doubt.
No such evidence has been provided , not even a scitilla.
Now ,a number of supposedly renowned Scientists make the claim that an Intelligent creator is not needed.
That life occured by natural means , but are quite unable to provide any evidence to support that claim.
Science accepts the fact that only life can create life.
So Science , in their efforts to prove that life does not need an intelligent creator ,utilizes it's intelligence and all the means avilable to it , by designing different experiments in an effort to create life .
So,if they were to succeed , what would they prove?
They would prove that the life they created was as a result of intelligent design , which they claim is not needed.
Somehow they have dug a hole for themselves and the only way out is by totally destroying their own theory. That is assuming that they were somehow able to create life.
If they fail , as they have up to now ,and were unable to explain how life came about by natural means, then at some point in time they would have to admit the error of their ways.
It's a no win situation . If they were aable to create life , they would have to admit they were wrong and that life needs a creator

To you,there is zero evidence for a God.

To those of us who believe based on what is written in Scripture ,analyzing that information and based on our personal reationship with God , that relationship being confirmed by OUR personal experiences , we have more than enough evicence on which to base our faith and beliefs
SistaNoneYaBiz

London, KY

#115941 Oct 31, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, please. On any given day, you'll abbreviate your Custom Code of Hammurabi to "Doo-doo onto others."
So be nice then.

Since: Sep 13

United States of America

#115942 Oct 31, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
We all knew you were regressing rapidly to infant stage, so this is not surprising.
my my

Hyden, KY

#115943 Oct 31, 2013
going have to school you.lets start at the beginning when time begin it all started with nothing ,but what is nothing its a neg.but you cant have nothing without something what is something a positive when you join them together you begin to create things.ever thing has to have a neg and positive.to work well in creating.you create life with a woman and man.you got to have hot and cold ,wet and dry. ever thing has a neg and a positive.now are you all ready to help me create some magic?
face it

Tampa, FL

#115944 Oct 31, 2013
So how can we walk in God's truth ? Well, first we must see the problem for what it is.

Problem -"PEOPLE LIVE LIES AS IF THEY WERE TRUE."

You are now able to see that it has affected your belief in yourself ,and your view of the world and society. Has affected how you view God.

The problem is when you live lies, you're living below the life God intended for you.
I don't know about you but I am tired of listening to lies. Lies of yesterday still mess with peoples thoughts today. They've robbed people of their future. It takes discipline and self-control to stop living lies. God did not create us to live a lie. He created us to believe truth. Yet, somewhere along the way, you got lost. Then you find yourself living a lie...and because of that decision a long time ago it affects you today.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#115945 Nov 1, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
How life got started may not be important to you because you are an unbeliever .
And it is because of your Atheism that you claim that there are unanswered questions about the Universe.
As a believer , those questions are very important to me.
If reasonable evidence could be provided me that life or the Universe does not need a creator , then I would have to reconsider my beliefs, that , in spite of mypersonal experiences , which would then ,also be cast into doubt.
No such evidence has been provided , not even a scitilla.
Now ,a number of supposedly renowned Scientists make the claim that an Intelligent creator is not needed.
That life occured by natural means , but are quite unable to provide any evidence to support that claim.
Science accepts the fact that only life can create life.
So Science , in their efforts to prove that life does not need an intelligent creator ,utilizes it's intelligence and all the means avilable to it , by designing different experiments in an effort to create life .
So,if they were to succeed , what would they prove?
They would prove that the life they created was as a result of intelligent design , which they claim is not needed.
Somehow they have dug a hole for themselves and the only way out is by totally destroying their own theory. That is assuming that they were somehow able to create life.
If they fail , as they have up to now ,and were unable to explain how life came about by natural means, then at some point in time they would have to admit the error of their ways.
It's a no win situation . If they were aable to create life , they would have to admit they were wrong and that life needs a creator
To you,there is zero evidence for a God.
To those of us who believe based on what is written in Scripture ,analyzing that information and based on our personal reationship with God , that relationship being confirmed by OUR personal experiences , we have more than enough evicence on which to base our faith and beliefs
"...someone who is determined to remain proudly superstitious and arrogantly ignorant."

“See how you are?”

Earth

#115946 Nov 1, 2013
SistaNoneYaBiz wrote:
<quoted text>
So be nice then.
I generally am nice unless someone is antagonistic, won't listen to reason or says something so asinine that they practically beg to be mocked.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#115947 Nov 1, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for that very reasoned Scientific explanation.
You covered all the bases......with nonsense and manure.
I will not deny you the privilige of doubling your intellectual content . Go read a book with blank pages.
If you learn nothing from reading it , you'll still know twice as much than befor you read it.
Oyeeee ,miraaaa ,cabeza seca , tu eres mas bruto que una ratonera de cantazo.....
You make a strong case for those who believe that NOTHING created their intelligence , as Nothing from nothing gets nothing.
tu si babu ,testa di cipolla
Were you this unreasonable and irrational before you became a Christian?
What year was it when you put your brain "on ignore"?
SistaNoneYaBiz

London, KY

#115948 Nov 1, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I generally am nice unless someone is antagonistic, won't listen to reason or says something so asinine that they practically beg to be mocked.
Although SOME might like to call you out on that, and call you a "hypocrite" for it,(like Duquette) that's just having some common sense in my book.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#115949 Nov 1, 2013
SistaNoneYaBiz wrote:
<quoted text>
Although SOME might like to call you out on that, and call you a "hypocrite" for it,(like Duquette) that's just having some common sense in my book.
I make no bones about being hypocritical at times. I freely admit it, which ironically makes me a little bit less of one than somebody who protests in constant denial. I appreciate Duquette's track record for level-headed accuracy, so if or when he points out that I've been talking out of both sides of my mouth, I'll consider it a constructive and practical criticism.
Similarly, I consider the source when a liar for Jesus bloviates slurs, libel and buffoonery - in their typical manner.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#115950 Nov 1, 2013
SistaNoneYaBiz wrote:
<quoted text>
I always kind of figured that's what the Ten Commandments were-
OOPS-forget the dark age stuff (due to chronicled events that often show WHY to forget the dark age stuff).
Try these simple guidelines for new and improved modern age living; aka enlightenment.
I am trying it, and I am asking you if you favor this in school over teaching about Moses murdering three thousand of his people due to what they worship? Are you going to answer or divert as you did here?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kim bingham 3 min lisa 1
lets go to florida 1 hr isolated incident 133
Lisa and Teresa Vaughn twins 1 hr hmm 1
the Creekmart 2 hr see all tell all 14
Job Openings 2 hr I wonder 9
Stacy Keys 3 hr Brian 6
Anthony N Cortney 6 hr omg 3
Knox County Sheriff speeding 21 hr True Anon 11
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search