Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 151736 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

SistaNoneYa

Manchester, KY

#115997 Nov 1, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Ah, but you fail to realize you do not rule me. I will always point out your wrongs, just as you will do it to us non believers. I am just not a hypocrite as you are, and that is the difference.
I could give two chits about YOUR wrongs, OR "ruling" you or heatherns like you, Duquette.
I have FAR better things to spend my time thinking about, AND doing.

So save your BS hedonist, ego tripping rhetoric for some airhead with lunaTic delusions of granduer.

Even my own father knew better than waste breathe on ignorance like that me with.
Because he KNEW, he TAUGHT ME BETTER, than that loser type of chit.

So until you can act like something that can exhibit some ethics, decency, with respect of and for others I shall say-
Toodles-Do have yourself a nice lil ol' "whatever" though, because that's YOUR business, not mine.

And Don't bother trying to dump your hatred of that which isn't your opinion on me again, it is NOT welcome.
SistaNoneYa

Manchester, KY

#115998 Nov 1, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Well I did not really expect a straight answer anyways, but this is getting closer.
I see you are somehow confident the class will instill no religious belief into the student.
This is far from what the religious posters here are wishing for in this class.
I cannot predict how each class will be taught or how each person will accept it.
What I do know is, their are many passages that promote killing based upon ones religious beliefs, in the bible.
My opinion-stick with simple grammar lessons still-because you still need some.
SistaNoneYa

Manchester, KY

#115999 Nov 1, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, so your judging is opinion and ours is not?
Don't care...your opinion is your own-not mine.

Just keep your toxic mouth off of me!
SistaNoneYa

Manchester, KY

#116000 Nov 1, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
For sure, Armour, Swift and the Union stockyards, plus there was manufacturing, the railroad, the World's Fair... there's lots of history in Chi town and the nation wouldn't be the same without it. Miserable place to drive and I'd hate to live there. I suppose you've spent a lot of time around Rockford, the quad cities, Peoria, Springfield, Carbondale,...?
I heard a guy left his heart in San Francisco, but I left my appendix in Galesburg - a story for another day.
I don't like cities...never did...never will.

Especially anything west of the Mason Dixon line.

(the rest I only tolerated because I had to!)
SistaNoneYa

Manchester, KY

#116001 Nov 1, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Just trying to open some eyes!
:-)
You better get some serious shovels for some of those think they're holier than thou types...FOS and oblivious to thier own ignorance- up to the tips of thier monkey dung eyebrows!
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#116003 Nov 1, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
No wonder you have trouble understanding what is said to you.
If this glimpse into the workings of your mental syntax is what goes on between your ears all the time, no wonder you think that God works in mysterious ways.
<quoted text>
Everything we can observe has existed in one form or another since the beginning of the universe/space-time - which includes time, and time cannot exist without the universe/space-time. Why (HOW?!) is this so difficult for religies to comprehend?
Is there some >inconceivable indescribable< "force" that might be considered a god? Maybe, maybe more than one, maybe in a way that is beyond any intellect's hope of ability to comprehend, be it human, beast, plant, alien or other...
Does that mean or even remotely hint that it could be even suggested to be a supremely supercharged human, as the Bible and most other human myths suggest? Pardon my language, but I can't emphasize it enough else wise - Not unless you are out of your sh*t for brains f***ing mind.
Hey ,Ignoramus Emeritus , You all have been fleeing like scared jackrabbits , in order not to deal with the question at hand.
Again, your inabilities to deal with the issue in a reasonable manner , has continuously caused ALL of YOU to resort to excuses , insults and smokescreens in a disingenuous attempt to pretend that you are not avoiding the issue,when obviously you are.

Your language is pardoned as it seems to be part and parcel of the Atheist Moral Code.
Let us rememcer Atheists past who adhered to foul language as a meaningful way to express their views

Satanic Priest....Banned from tOPIX
Yiago ... banned from Topix
UMM...banned from topix
And others whose name I do not recall or care to.

Anyhow , you have a Good day , take your pet 3 eyed alligator for a walk and Chill out

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#116004 Nov 1, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong again...
Discernment tells you that Mike Murdock is a false teacher!
CBN does have some good articles, but since they won't stop
using the NLT for Bible quotes, I've cut back on my donations to them!
Not Michael Murdock, I was talking about the other money grubbing false teacher - Rupert Murdoch.
okkk

Hyden, KY

#116005 Nov 1, 2013
next..

“See how you are?”

Earth

#116006 Nov 1, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't like cities...never did...never will.
Especially anything west of the Mason Dixon line.
(the rest I only tolerated because I had to!)
I don't like big cities, either, but don't condemn a state full of hard working farmers for something they've got nothing to do with.

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#116007 Nov 1, 2013
SistaNoneYaBiz wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at the time the ma was sudying the region, he wasn't.
And I wasn't referencing Christians, I was referencing archeologists.
A few quotes from-(try to pay attention now)
http://www.archaeologyfieldwork.com
As we view the holy precinct, here at the foot of the mountain, we can see a large fence, and a guard house, which was built immediately after Ron Wyatt showed this site to a Saudi Archeologist in 1985.
This fence follows along the line of 18 foot diameter boundary markers which Moses was directed to build by God. This sign, by the guard house states that this is an Archeological site, passed by Royal decree, and that it is unlawful to trespass subject to penalty.
And as we pan to the left, here we can see where the fence ends on the other side. And now, as we pan away from the Holy precinct, we look out into the area of the camp of the Israelites.
There are several Archaeological remains still here, but this one is of particular interest for us.
Israel was occupying the Sinai Peninsula at this time, in 1978, and moved this first column from the beach and set it in concrete across the road as you can see here.
Diving at this site, they found numerous corral encrusted chariot parts, such as these two chariot wheels, still attached to an axel, one wheel flat on the ground, and the other in the air.
This is a 6 spoked wheel.
They found a vast amount of artifacts, which loudly attest to the miracle which occurred here.
Horse and human skeletal remains are still preserved by the corral, as are chariot cabs without wheels, wheels without cabs, some wheels on axels, and some not.
He retrieved a chariot wheel hub which he presented to Nasaf Hasan who is the director of antiquities in Cairo Egypt.
But the most astounding find was this golden eared, 4 spoked chariot wheel, which he was able to video in March of 1988, but he was unable to retrieve it, as the wood had disintegrated leaving only a thin gold shell.
There are many factors that lead Ron to this site, but three were most compelling. First, in order for the Israelites to have left Egypt proper, they would have had to have begun their journey on the eastern side of the Gulf of Suez, this left only the gulf of Aquaba.
Second, there is only one place along the shore line of the gulf of Aquaba, which could hold the perhaps 3 million people, this area is so large, it can be seen from this satellite photo.
----------
Visit our Network websites: archaeologyfieldwork.com - architecturalhistoryjobs.com - cooloutdoorjobs.com - environmentaljobresource.com - geojobsonline.com - museumjobsonline.com - paleojobs.com - sciencegeekjobs.com
Except that he was a fraud

Cambridge, UK

#116008 Nov 1, 2013
“Ron Wyatt (1933-1999) was a nurse-anesthetist in a hospital in Madison, Tennessee, and a sensationalist pseudo-archaeologist whose work has been debunked thoroughly by professional archaeologists and respected biblical scholars....[Wyatt supposedly discovered some 92 relics or sites, including Noah’s home, fences from Noah’s farm, anchor stones from Noah’s ark, Noah’s altar, Noah’s tombstone, wheels from Egyptian chariots in the Red Sea, the Ark of the Covenant, the tables of the Ten Commandments, and a sampling of Christ’s dried blood, supposedly proving the doctrine of the virgin birth by means of a ‘chromosome count.’]... Wyatt claimed to have discovered the exact place where the Israelites crossed the Red Sea on dry ground, before the waters returned and drowned Pharaoh’s forces. He contended that he explored the floor of the Gulf of Aqaba, using scuba gear. Supposedly, he discovered ‘chariot litter’ in the form of wheels, body frames, and the bones of both humans and horses, scattered over a lengthy area.... Wyatt claimed that he was using simple recreational scuba equipment when he discovered these wheels, etc., at a depth of some 200 feet in the Gulf. However, ordinary scuba apparatus is designed to accommodate only a depth of approximately 125-130 feet.... Pharaoh’s army was said to have been destroyed ‘in the middle of the sea’(Exodus 14:23) which, according to measurements of the British Admiralty, is almost 2,800 feet deep in the midst of Aqaba.... Then there is the issue of the ‘bones’--of both horses and men--that Wyatt reputedly found. Recall that the destruction of Pharaoh’s army took place about 3,500 years ago. Compare this with the following facts. The Titanic went down in 1912 and 1,553 people were lost in the wreckage. In 1985,[a mere] 73 years following that Atlantic catastrophe, the submerged vessel was discovered and explored and the remains of not a solitary person--neither skin nor bone--was found. Everything had been completely consumed by fish, crustaceans, and the destructive effect of salt water (HRR, 179ff).... One authority suggests that the video tape Wyatt employed to show these underwater ‘artifacts’ appears to be a hoax; he challenged him to subject the items to a C14 dating test--if indeed he ever had an actual sample of anything (Zias, op. cit.).”

(“Ron Wyatt: The Indiana Jones of the SDA” by Wayne Jackson, The ChristianCourier.com , n.d.)

“See how you are?”

Earth

#116009 Nov 1, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey ,Ignoramus Emeritus , You all have been fleeing like scared jackrabbits , in order not to deal with the question at hand.
Again, your inabilities to deal with the issue in a reasonable manner , has continuously caused ALL of YOU to resort to excuses , insults and smokescreens in a disingenuous attempt to pretend that you are not avoiding the issue,when obviously you are.
Your language is pardoned as it seems to be part and parcel of the Atheist Moral Code.
Let us rememcer Atheists past who adhered to foul language as a meaningful way to express their views
Satanic Priest....Banned from tOPIX
Yiago ... banned from Topix
UMM...banned from topix
And others whose name I do not recall or care to.
Anyhow , you have a Good day , take your pet 3 eyed alligator for a walk and Chill out
Now, why would I suspect that you were the kid who ran to the teacher when another child had chewing gum on the playground?

I have not used any foul language. You can fill in the blanks to think I may have - and it will be the only blanks you've attempted to flesh out so far.
Religion and science always comes back to the points that you fail to address and utterly fail to understand. There was no time before space-time, there were no plants "created" before the Sun and moon were "created" and you have offered no "evidence" for your beliefs to supplement your "sign from God" lost and found dog story.
There is >nothing< that you have demonstrated or proposed in any post that indicates introducing any religious indoctrination into a classroom is a good idea. Certainly not education, morality, character, ethics or mental stability. >Nothing.<

Cambridge, UK

#116010 Nov 1, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I am rolling on the floor and I just wet my pants.
Thank you for that very reasoned Scientific explanation.
You covered all the bases......with nonsense and manure.
I will not deny you the privilige of doubling your intellectual content . Go read a book with blank pages.
If you learn nothing from reading it , you'll still know twice as much than befor you read it.
Oyeeee ,miraaaa ,cabeza seca , tu eres mas bruto que una ratonera de cantazo.....
You make a strong case for those who believe that NOTHING created their intelligence , as Nothing from nothing gets nothing.
tu si babu ,testa di cipolla
Seeing as you have a tendency to reject science in favour of magic, I'd say that your view on science isn't particularly well informed.

Cambridge, UK

#116011 Nov 1, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>One thing you've got to understand...
"Who is the message to"?
and...
I do not use BCE, and CE!
Look, I know if I spell it out to you... you'll reject it!
Read it again if you want, or not!
or...
you could go to
Lamb & Lion Ministries: Home - Bible Prophecy Ministry …
lamblion.com
Who the message is to?

Are you saying that the message in the Bible is only for a select group of people?

Cambridge, UK

#116012 Nov 1, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Pre-destination does not include everyone!
Obviously... the blind are still with us...
So when Ephesians tells us that God has worked everything out, you're saying that he hasn't.

I see.

Cambridge, UK

#116013 Nov 1, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>The preaching of the cross is foolishness to those that are perishing!
We cannot force the blind to see... if they refuse!
Just put it out there, and let the mockers mock...
Knowing that long before they came along...
our God spoke of them!
You, and I know what He saved us from, and they will never change that!
Amen!
In other words, we'd better believe in the god you've chosen to worship. Because if we don't we won't believe what a mad bastard he can be if we piss him off.

Cambridge, UK

#116014 Nov 1, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>This coming from a person the uses
a drag version of Charlie Mccarthy as an Avatar!
Romans 1
1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the
power of God to salvation to every one that believeth; to the
Jew first, and also to the Greek.
1:17 For in this is the righteousness of God revealed from faith
to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.
1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all
ungodliness, and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in
unrighteousness.
1:19 Because that which may be known of God, is manifest in
them; for God hath shown [it] to them.
1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the
world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are
made,[even] his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are
without excuse:
1:21 Because that when they knew God, they glorified [him] not
as God, neither were thankful, but became vain in their
imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools:
1:23 And changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an
image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and
four-footed beasts, and creeping animals.
1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, through the
lusts of their own hearts, to dishonor their own bodies between
themselves:
1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshiped and
served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for
ever. Amen.
1:26 For this cause God gave them up to vile affections. For
even their women did change the natural use into that which is
against nature:
1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the
woman, burned in their lust one towards another; men with men
working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves
that recompense of their error which was meet.
1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in [their]
knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those
things which are not convenient;
1:29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication,
wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder,
debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
1:30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters,
inventers of evil things, disobedient to parents,
1:31 Without understanding, covenant-breakers, without natural
affection, implacable, unmerciful:
1:32 Who, knowing the judgment of God, that they who commit such
things are worthy of death; not only do the same, but have
pleasure in them that do them.
"What we've got here is a failure to communicate."

That's what the man in Cool Hand Luke said.

I guess that's one of the problems with the god of the Christians; he's an appallingly bad communicator.

The CEO of any company needs to communicate effectively with his people. If a company is in a mess and people aren't getting the message then the buck stops with the CEO.

Why should an omniscient god be wholly exonerated of blame when he fails to ensure that his message is clearly understood? You've only got to look at the numerous different bibles that are out there to see that whatever your god thinks, he doesn't seem too perturbed about the confused message he's sending out. Factor that in with thousands of different Christian denominations, sects and cults, all sure that their particular interpretation of whatever bible they choose to read is the true belief.

Oh, the evidence is there alright. If the god of the Bible meant for his message to be understood then that same evidence suggests he's failed.

Cambridge, UK

#116015 Nov 1, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>This might help you...
http://www.barr-family.com/godsword/babys.htm
Infants are innocent?

That doesn't stop your god killing them and ordering his followers to kill them

Cambridge, UK

#116016 Nov 1, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Hahaha...
You don't know anything do ya???
(1) God wouldn't... He let you live!
(2) I know God's voice!
(3) Jesus told a parable about Tares in the Wheat...
They are to grow with the wheat until harvest...
gathered together, and burned in unquenchable fire!
What you have to know is this...
You do not need to stay a Tare!
Repent!
Your god wouldn't?

Why are you putting limits on what your god will/won't do?

“See how you are?”

Earth

#116017 Nov 1, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Infants are innocent?
That doesn't stop your god killing them and ordering his followers to kill them
Weird Christian 'logic' "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, yada, yada"
Except that by comparison to what literally millions of other humans have gone through Jesus didn't really suffer that much, according to Xtians he didn't die and he's by his father's side either way - so neither God nor Jesus "gave" anybody anything.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
No regrets 1 hr Your way 6
cheese eating rat on callebs creek 3 hr YourName 6
women 3 hr in the know 2
Advocate puzzle 3 hr Wilchec 2
save alot 3 hr pugilista 22
Older men Younger women 3 hr long cool woman 13
It"s a bad problem to deal with 5 hr Sad Melody 1
Higher Property Taxes 6 hr Woweee 14

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web