Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
110,101 - 110,120 of 130,540 Comments Last updated 10 min ago

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#115520 Oct 27, 2013
Apostle Amber wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think of what I did with that one reporting like you do. Your deranged comments are offensive and unwarranted.
As I told you I simply responded to the same question with the same answer, why that in your prejudicial mind would bring on such hate filled and irrational remarks is beyond me, I don't venture into knowing about the dark things your mind revels in.
Jesus knows what is in man why don't you seek him to help you and bring you out of you dark fantasy mind set.
You talk about being hate-filled and irrational, yet you think it's perfectly OK for people who exercise freedom of religion to be tortured?

Please excuse me while I adjust my irony meter.
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#115521 Oct 27, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>If it were true, why can you know prove it? It is simply a slogan of hate, straight from your hateful Jesus. It is demonizing a group of people due to their religious beliefs.
Sista hate those sort of people, but strangely cannot see this Jesus or the bible as being bigoted.
Obviously, you are disconnected with the truth!
You are too blinded by your hate, and bigotry to see it!
See, God is real, and we Christians know that...
you do not, and say, and do foolish things!
Romans 1 points to your problem, and proves the Bible true!
If we hated you... we wouldn't waste a word to try
and make you SEE, and Understand... we wouldn't want you in Heaven!
So... your claim of our hatred for you is false!
You do have the right to the destiny you choose, and
you can be a fool, or wise!
Again... "your" choice!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#115522 Oct 27, 2013
you know it wrote:
God can't exist because of Eric, "The God-Eating Magic Penguin." Since "Eric" is God eating by definition, he has no choice but to eat God. So, if God exists, he automatically ceases to exist as a result of being eaten. Unless you can prove that Eric doesn't exist, God doesn't exist. Even if you can prove that Eric doesn't exist, that same proof will also be applicable to God. There are only two possibilities- either you can prove that Eric doesn't exist or you can't- in both cases it logically follows that God doesn't exist.
God does exist...
He saved me, and many, many, many others!
Seek Him, repent of your sins, you'll be surprised, and glad you did!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#115523 Oct 27, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
What you call "your logic" is based on your obtuseness and incorrigibility.
Your insolent opinion that you can destroy my God is based on a superinflated ego that has deceived itself into believing that it has attained unto knowledge by following the path to foolishness.
You claim that to claim there was an intelligence before the BB is without reason..... THAT IS PURE FOOLISHNESS.
Let us again,look at the options'
1) very few people,if any, will claim that the Universe was created Ex nihilo , since Nothing is incapable of creating anything.
2)If the claim is made that it was created by natural means and that Matter is the ultimate reality , then we need to explain as to how unintelligent , nonliving and unconscious matter was able to cause an effect greater than itself, life as we know it
How was matter able to cause an effect that contains properties , that matter itself ,does not posses.
How is it that the EFFECT is greater than the CAUSE?
There is no evidence whatsoever that matter , by natural means , is able to spontaneously create life , consciousnes or intelligence.
Science has tried to create the simplest form of life and failed.
Moreover , if they did succeed , it wouild only serve to destroy their belief that life does not need a creator.
So , having eliminated Nothing as the creator of life and the Universe and ther being absolutely no evidence or logical reason to believe that that which is unconscious, nonintelligent and nonliving can , by natural means transform itself into living , intelligent and conscious matter , by simple reasoning we can reach the reasonable conclusion that ID "GOD'' is the creator .
That conclusion can be reached without bringing any religion into the equation.
Now ,you claim it is possible that there is a possibility all came without intelligence.Tell me how that is possible.
explain to me how it is possible that Nonintelligent , nonliving and unconscious matter ,was, by natural means able to acquire the nonmaterial properties of life,consciouaness and intelligence.
Was it as a result of a miracle ,magic , did it just happen or is it that you have no explanation?
Or is it that, you have the Faith and hope that maybe ,given time,Science may be asble to figure it out to figure it out.
In light of the fact that Science has no clue as to how these events occurred , your faith may bed resting on a false foudation.
So you need ask for time as a gap,otherwise , to accept what is evident would destroy your Faith of Atheism.
You may try to delay it , but it seems inevitable.
Great post!

Nottingham, UK

#115524 Oct 27, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>God does exist...
He saved me, and many, many, many others!
Seek Him, repent of your sins, you'll be surprised, and glad you did!
Saved you from his own wrath?

That was nice of him.

I wonder why he saved you but fails to save the thousands of innocent children and babies that die each day from disease and starvation.

Since: Oct 13

Lexington, KY

#115525 Oct 27, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
You talk about being hate-filled and irrational, yet you think it's perfectly OK for people who exercise freedom of religion to be tortured?
Please excuse me while I adjust my irony meter.
I never stated such a remark as what you said, but you like to twist the truth as to bring it down to your level of Spiritual mentality and worldly disgust in life as you live it without faith.

You still have a choice to come to Jesus and repent and forsake your worldly ways and humble yourself.

Lexington, KY

#115526 Oct 27, 2013
Love: Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; Bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Why should Christ limit his works in us to only what you can read, don't you think he is still performing miracles in us today? He still calls people his own and chooses who he will to do his work.

Ephesians: There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling.

I have heard through the Holy Spirit my new name of Amber over 9 years ago, I heard God calling me begotten of him and Christ calling me an Apostle more than 3 years ago and I have struggled to get the word out any way I can in this world full of mans selfish pride and unbelief.

Like Christ experienced in Matthew "And they were offended in him. But Jesus said unto them, A prophet is not without honor, save in his own country, and in his own house. And he did not many mighty works there because of their unbelief."

Just think if the Jews who converted to Christianity didn't because of only believing what they read (having only the Old Testament) without faith to believe Jesus or the Apostles at that time.

Does it ring true that is exactly the position even Christians find themselves in by not believing Christ could call me am Apostle? And even to believe that he is still working in our lives through the Holy Spirit!

Don't close yourself off to what Christ is doing TODAY because of your hardness of heart and familiar ways that you can put a finger on scripture and point to it saying prove it, without having true faith in God to do more than we can imagine, even today.

Gods ways are not our own and "If you favor the idea of being certain of a person through mans means prior to your having faith in them, by only believing that of which you can touch... see... feel... and not ask through the Holy Spirit in faith, then you will not know the truth. "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen".

I wish the Jews and Christians I speak to would be as open to considering Christ in the same way and not by only the letter they read or accepting only the ways that has been passed down to them through the generations but in the Spirit of faith through asking of the Holy Spirit to show them the truth, the light and the way of Christ Jesus.

But people can be so unmoving and cold following only the letter and not the Spirit, I just hope and pray they will open their hearts to the Spirit of truth.

Don't let your harden hearts turn away from the living God and his son who came to save everyone who believes in him. Christ warned of those who believe in only what they know, can see, have reasoned with their minds, and in the things of men but you have to faith.

I pray that all who will would come to know God and Jesus and the Holy Spirit and even your own spirit controlling your carnal earthly body, greater is he in you than he that is in the world.

Being of God, Jesus and the Spirit I hope you live happily in the joy of The Lord in this world and look toward our reward, our home with God and a new glorious body through the eternal covenant in Jesus Christ by the will of God.
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#115527 Oct 27, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical example of blind christian hatred.
Scriptures like that have been used by christians as a reason to treat everyone else with no respect and little tolerance.
Those scriptures made it lawful to burn heretics, kill witches, keep slaves and deny equality to people because of their religion, gender, disabilities, sexual orientation, etc.
Thankfully our secular society has de-clawed the christians and we respects everyone's rights and not just one religious group (which is how the christians would have it).
Oh how clueless, and hateful you are!
That verse only points to the foolishness of man when
he says (Believes) there is no God!
It also makes you post things that are untrue about what you hate!
See... Christ said to Love you, and as He changed me to who I am now...(not finished yet) I do love you!
I do not want you to go to hell!
That is ALL!
What you choose is ONLY on you!
Not God, not me, not anyone but you!
What you might want to do, to keep your posts more accurate
is to read Christ's teachings, and hold them up to history!
You will be surprised to see, than some people, and religions
have done horrible things claiming God, and Christ demanded it...
when in fact, it was not so!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#115528 Oct 27, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Being a christian means defending genocide and infanticide. It means that they approve of the murder of homosexuals, as well as anyone who wishes to exercise religious freedom.
See...
there you go again speaking falsehoods!
What is your sin(s)?

Lexington, KY

#115529 Oct 27, 2013
(QUOTE) The danger in teaching the Bible is that this book has the power to create faith even in an atheist. If it is allowed to be taught there is a strong possibility someone could be converted to Jesus Christ. Under the current world views is it possible to allow such a powerful tool for good to be taught in public schools and that before the young minds of the future?
who="Constitutionalist "]I am a Christian and this post made me almost spit out my drink I laughed so hard<quoted text>
Funny, those who choose to be Ignorant of Gods word sure know how to chase their own tail with their logic.

People do find faith by knowing the word found in the Bible and thank God the word sets us free but its also true that there will be a lot of unbelievers following the anti Christ because of that kind of debased Spiritual mentality.
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#115530 Oct 27, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Imagine we had a book full of good ethics and morals. Imagine that book was so good that we held it up as a shining example of brotherly love, tolerance and understanding.
What would it take to make that book worthless?
How about glorifying murder and genocide?
That's exactly what the bible does.
"shining example of brotherly love, tolerance and understanding"
Really???
How much "tolerance and understanding" will you give when
a boy wants to use your girls bathroom, or visa versa???
See...
You do not know what is right, or wrong, and spout hate
for what your are clueless about!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#115531 Oct 27, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately. you're now unable to disagree with people who have different world views without wishing them to suffer eternal torture.
"without wishing them to suffer eternal torture"
Can you try to tell the truth just one time?
If this was the case...
We would NOT be here WARNING you about it!
WE want you to go to Heaven!
You have the right to choose...
Life is only about choices...
God said;
Choose Righteousness unto Life, or
Sin unto death!
You WILL get what YOU choose!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#115532 Oct 27, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians will always attempt to disown the OT when it suits them.
Yet, they're extremely reluctant to tear out its pages from their bibles.
Wrong again!
The OT proves God to be God, and
When He says something, we have total Faith,
He will do what He says!
It is a History book, and laws He set forth mostly
for the Jews, and Christ came along for the rest of us!
Read it without the hate you have for God... you will see!
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#115533 Oct 27, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Fair enough.
I was just making the point that at the end of the day, the Golden Rule doesn't matter to the bible god.
He may not like it if we kill and injure our fellow humans but he like it less if you don't love him or Jesus.
Maybe ideals like the Golden Rule don't matter to YOUR god, but they matter to mine.

And your last statement is a bit ironic, in that you, Duquette and other atheist whiner types, certainly cannot whine about "contradictions" on that one....because that IS what is written-no "contradictions" there now is there.

POST OT-(IE: The Golden Rule and similar attributes of)
"Thou shalt not harm others" (via hateful gossip, lies or physical harm against them)

and then-
from OT dark age era -

“I the LORD thy God am a jealous God”(Exodus 20:5)
------

BIG Difference.

Just more from the OT-on the IMPERFECTIONS of humanity through out civilization as we know it, and the ways of the same. Good reading for thought however, on characteristics worthy only of AVOIDENCE in cultivating ones self.

WHY I personally have no special regard for the OT when it comes to it being any sort of "model of human behavior".

Because it's not. NOT at all.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#115534 Oct 27, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong again!
The OT proves God to be God, and
When He says something, we have total Faith,
He will do what He says!
It is a History book, and laws He set forth mostly
for the Jews, and Christ came along for the rest of us!
Read it without the hate you have for God... you will see!
and that's really not that hard a concept to get-for SOME of us anyway.
Known Fact

Somerset, KY

#115535 Oct 27, 2013
Apostle Amber wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think of what I did with that one reporting like you do. Your deranged comments are offensive and unwarranted.
As I told you I simply responded to the same question with the same answer, why that in your prejudicial mind would bring on such hate filled and irrational remarks is beyond me, I don't venture into knowing about the dark things your mind revels in.
Jesus knows what is in man why don't you seek him to help you and bring you out of you dark fantasy mind set.
No need to get all defensive. Sorry but I don't buy into the fact that God talks to you or anyone else for that matter. I figured that you just go around, posting your same lies over and over on any board that discusses religion and it seems as if I was right.

I thought Paul was very clear on a woman's role in religion. Sit down, shut up and obey your man. I find it strange that a woman hating God would tell you to 'judge the 12 tribes', is that what you claim he said?
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#115536 Oct 27, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Saved you from his own wrath?
That was nice of him.
I wonder why he saved you but fails to save the thousands of innocent children and babies that die each day from disease and starvation.
Why would you expect anyone to be able to do that?

That's nothing but a "grand delusion" in itself.

Nottingham, UK

#115537 Oct 27, 2013
Apostle Amber wrote:
<quoted text>
I never stated such a remark as what you said, but you like to twist the truth as to bring it down to your level of Spiritual mentality and worldly disgust in life as you live it without faith.
You still have a choice to come to Jesus and repent and forsake your worldly ways and humble yourself.
OK, let's inject some honesty into this:

Do you agree that torturing people because of their beliefs or indeed, non-beliefs, is a terrible thing?
Known Fact

Somerset, KY

#115538 Oct 27, 2013
Apostle Amber wrote:
Love: Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; Bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
Why should Christ limit his works in us to only what you can read, don't you think he is still performing miracles in us today? He still calls people his own and chooses who he will to do his work.
Ephesians: There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling.
I have heard through the Holy Spirit my new name of Amber over 9 years ago, I heard God calling me begotten of him and Christ calling me an Apostle more than 3 years ago and I have struggled to get the word out any way I can in this world full of mans selfish pride and unbelief.
Like Christ experienced in Matthew "And they were offended in him. But Jesus said unto them, A prophet is not without honor, save in his own country, and in his own house. And he did not many mighty works there because of their unbelief."
Just think if the Jews who converted to Christianity didn't because of only believing what they read (having only the Old Testament) without faith to believe Jesus or the Apostles at that time.
Does it ring true that is exactly the position even Christians find themselves in by not believing Christ could call me am Apostle? And even to believe that he is still working in our lives through the Holy Spirit!
Don't close yourself off to what Christ is doing TODAY because of your hardness of heart and familiar ways that you can put a finger on scripture and point to it saying prove it, without having true faith in God to do more than we can imagine, even today.
Gods ways are not our own and "If you favor the idea of being certain of a person through mans means prior to your having faith in them, by only believing that of which you can touch... see... feel... and not ask through the Holy Spirit in faith, then you will not know the truth. "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen".
I wish the Jews and Christians I speak to would be as open to considering Christ in the same way and not by only the letter they read or accepting only the ways that has been passed down to them through the generations but in the Spirit of faith through asking of the Holy Spirit to show them the truth, the light and the way of Christ Jesus.
But people can be so unmoving and cold following only the letter and not the Spirit, I just hope and pray they will open their hearts to the Spirit of truth.
Don't let your harden hearts turn away from the living God and his son who came to save everyone who believes in him. Christ warned of those who believe in only what they know, can see, have reasoned with their minds, and in the things of men but you have to faith.
I pray that all who will would come to know God and Jesus and the Holy Spirit and even your own spirit controlling your carnal earthly body, greater is he in you than he that is in the world.
Being of God, Jesus and the Spirit I hope you live happily in the joy of The Lord in this world and look toward our reward, our home with God and a new glorious body through the eternal covenant in Jesus Christ by the will of God.
Let me guess, you posted this on another board and felt like it needed posted over here as well.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#115539 Oct 27, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
and that's really not that hard a concept to get-for SOME of us anyway.
And SOME of you have to opt for the easy 'concepts' instead of thinking for yourselves.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 6 min dandy4425 1,463
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 13 min Le Jimbo 151,263
Slush pup 17 min I just wonder 2
2012 Ginseng Prices (Oct '12) 30 min RobertB 120
Mayor. And school board candidates slinging Mud... 1 hr curious 30
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 5 hr Owl 81,598
Secret Mitch McConnell Recording 5 hr turtle chin 4
Roger Vanover trying to buy perscription medici... (May '12) 16 hr Girl 40
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000