Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 151984 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

SistaNoneYa

Manchester, KY

#115629 Oct 28, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I learned it from reading the bible.
I believe that!!!!
SistaNoneYa

Manchester, KY

#115630 Oct 28, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>That's what you THINK!
We on the other hand KNOW!
See... sick people like you (as we were) think it's ok to hump everything that moves, and if you get pregnant... cut it out!
It's one of those things you think is Nothing...
You will see how much it means!
You will be ashamed!
Now you are being condescending.

Put your stones back in your pockets YaA, don't we all have enough of our OWN flaws, foibles and IMperfections to worry about, with out picking at others?

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#115631 Oct 28, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
YaA is just usually defending his faith...something he really shouldn't have to do, but it gives you bonehead types something to whine about so...I then say-carry on, right back at 'em YaA.
You have something against nice trolls? At least I don't have a troll booth schemed and plotted, waiting on you duhmazz wormy types.
You are not a "nice troll". You are just a hypocrite. YaA is the one who writes the boneheaded stuff he gets called on.(FYI, YaA - "ethics" doesn't come from the Bible, and neither do the words "moral" or "good". Look them up.) He is just defending his faith? Ask him about Catholics. He almost needed rabies shots when I told him I attended vespers every night when I was young and he's still suspicious of what religion I was raised in. Ask him if Hindus should believe in reincarnation cycles or if Buddhists can go to Nirvana now that nearly every human on Earth has access to the Bible and the teachings of his savior Jesus Christ. And as far as duhmass wormy types, what about curious - do you think his paranoid rants about the atheist multiple moniker conspiracy are the product of a rational mind? You teabaggers aren't very good at debate - you think anyone with an opposing viewpoint is unfairly educated and stuffing the ballot boxes.
SistaNoneYa

Manchester, KY

#115632 Oct 28, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not a "nice troll". You are just a hypocrite. YaA is the one who writes the boneheaded stuff he gets called on.(FYI, YaA - "ethics" doesn't come from the Bible, and neither do the words "moral" or "good". Look them up.) He is just defending his faith? Ask him about Catholics. He almost needed rabies shots when I told him I attended vespers every night when I was young and he's still suspicious of what religion I was raised in. Ask him if Hindus should believe in reincarnation cycles or if Buddhists can go to Nirvana now that nearly every human on Earth has access to the Bible and the teachings of his savior Jesus Christ. And as far as duhmass wormy types, what about curious - do you think his paranoid rants about the atheist multiple moniker conspiracy are the product of a rational mind? You teabaggers aren't very good at debate - you think anyone with an opposing viewpoint is unfairly educated and stuffing the ballot boxes.
lol

(mental note to self when adressing YaA..do not mention stuff like Confirmations lol)

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#115633 Oct 28, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
Whatever you want to believe, but I know God talks!
What does his voice sound like?
Yes and Amen wrote:
In just a few LONG years (I was gonna say short, but it's gonna feel like forever) The Lord will return, as written in Daniel, and Revelation... Look for the signs, as they are all around for the Lovers of God to see!
Soon? LOL

Your god's been coming "soon" for nearly 2000 years now.

When the author of Revelations said that Jesus was coming "soon" he really meant "soon". Not, more than two thousand years later.

REV 22:20

Futhermore, no less a person than Paul foretold that the end would come in his lifetime and that he'd be one of those who fly up to heaven.

1 Thess. 4:15-17

Check out the first words of Jesus in the oldest surviving gospel. "Very near" is not over two thousand years.

Mark 1:15

Luke tells us that "Even now the axe is lying at the root of the trees". What he failed to mention is that two thousand years later it will still be lying there because his god has failed to pick it up. Of course, Luke wasn't thinking that his god would take that long. eh?

Luke 3: 7-9
SistaNoneYa

Manchester, KY

#115634 Oct 28, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I think Duquette just likes to try and turn his face red on purpose, so he can pretend he has a sunburn that'll turn into a tan...ergo "woof woof woof, bawk, bawk bawk, blah blah blah" ego lol.

Cambridge, UK

#115635 Oct 28, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Punishment of evil = Good!
Choose Righteousness unto Life, or sin unto death!
Life is a choice!
What is your sin that you need so badly to die for?
"Observe what I command you this day. Behold, I am driving out from before you the Amorite and the Canaanite and the Hittite and the Perizzite and the Hivite and the Jebusite. Take heed to yourself, lest you make a covenant with the inhabitants of the land where you are going, lest it be a snare in your midst. But you shall destroy their altars, break their sacred pillars, and cut down their wooden images."

Exodus 34:11-14

"You will chase your enemies, and they shall fall by the sword before you. Five of you shall chase a hundred, and a hundred of you shall put ten thousand to flight; your enemies shall fall by the sword before you. For I will look on you favorably and make you fruitful, multiply you and confirm My covenant with you. You shall eat the old harvest, and clear out the old because of the new."

Leviticus 26:7-9

Here we have people living in their own lands and exercising freedom of religion and you think it's a good thing that they get slaughtered?

If only you could see what your religion has done to you.

No wonder christians had no qualms in slaughtering the American Indians.
SistaNoneYa

Manchester, KY

#115636 Oct 28, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
What does his voice sound like?
<quoted text>
Soon? LOL
Your god's been coming "soon" for nearly 2000 years now.
When the author of Revelations said that Jesus was coming "soon" he really meant "soon". Not, more than two thousand years later.
REV 22:20
Futhermore, no less a person than Paul foretold that the end would come in his lifetime and that he'd be one of those who fly up to heaven.
1 Thess. 4:15-17
Check out the first words of Jesus in the oldest surviving gospel. "Very near" is not over two thousand years.
Mark 1:15
Luke tells us that "Even now the axe is lying at the root of the trees". What he failed to mention is that two thousand years later it will still be lying there because his god has failed to pick it up. Of course, Luke wasn't thinking that his god would take that long. eh?
Luke 3: 7-9
Point is, there is ALWAYS something to be learned, no matter the source.

It is what and how people CHOOSE to do with the same, that makes the differences.

YaA seems to be just more of a "Better safe than sorry" type person.

So am I.

That's just the difference in people, because people are NOT robot clones, or all the "same".

Cambridge, UK

#115637 Oct 28, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>That's what you THINK!
We on the other hand KNOW!
See... sick people like you (as we were) think it's ok to hump everything that moves, and if you get pregnant... cut it out!
It's one of those things you think is Nothing...
You will see how much it means!
You will be ashamed!
You're wrong.

"If the basic constants of fundamental physical laws were even slightly different, lesbian sex could not exist. Ergo, God exists, and He is a bro who likes to watch women get it on." -- Blake Stacey

Cambridge, UK

#115638 Oct 28, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>One thing you forget... you cannot even use words like Morals, Good, and ethics, as those are religious words...
No! you can only use words like Preference...
You do not WANT to do what it takes to get proof of God, because
you are Afraid to KNOW what we Know!
God is real, and in Romans 1... it proves you do too!
Imagine... a Book that spoke of you... Long ago!
Morals and ethics are religious words? Show me the etymology to support what you say.

You would confine all of morality within your religion when in reality, good ethics and morals are found in all religions.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#115639 Oct 28, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would any one keep harping on such a delusionary type scenario then? It makes no sense.
Perhaps you shouldn't speak for what someone else might (or even more so) might NOT, "think".
When something is helpful posatively for people, and it's of no harm to others, then it IS valuable.
Please don't EVER attempt to chair anything like AA meetings (or anything similar).
You're extreme negativety would poison the decades enduring program, and that would NOT be good for people. Not at all.
LOL! So you think >you< are a good candidate to chair an AA meeting, Sista? I don't think you are qualified.
I agree that if "something is helpful posatively for people, and it's of no harm to others, then it IS valuable." Indoctrinating children and pressing the vulnerable into religions/social psychoses is not automatically harmless simply because you want to portray yourself as tolerant and spiritual.

Cambridge, UK

#115640 Oct 28, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>What does the red one win?
Damnation???
Oh that's a good one!
If that's the case, I hope you are in the short line!
No, he gets the majority of souls.

He's clever, you know; he tricked your god.

Well, he would have if he actually existed.
amanda

Clay City, KY

#115641 Oct 28, 2013
Christians, you aren't responsible for answering for every atrocity that's ever been committed by Christians of the past; nor are you responsible for every controversial part of the bible. You aren't obligated to stand trial for the old testament's teachings. Those who insist that you do so only want to make you question your own faith. You aren't obligated to answer for the witch trials or the sins of your predecessors.

You are only obligated to follow the teachings of Jesus and the New Testament, and be a decent Christian as of now in the age we are living.

Cambridge, UK

#115642 Oct 28, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Not at all!
I know children that die, go straight to the Father!
I on the other hand, I have to stay here, and contend with
people that are wise in their own conceit!
I will be here until His return, Internet gets wiped out, or
until He says otherwise!
If one of you opens your eyes to see... it will be worth it!
Thank you Jesus!
Amen!
You're making this up as you go along, aren't you.

Where does the bible say that children go straight to heaven?

Cambridge, UK

#115643 Oct 28, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
In the 1800's when "consumption" (ie: tuberculosis) was at plague levels, people thought those affilcted with it had been poisoned by vampires.
Some of the remedies attempted were pretty gruesome-even having the exact opposite intention of "curing", when in fact, it just spread the (then unknown at the time) germ worse.
-------
"Physicians in ancient Greece called this illness "phthisis" to reflect its wasting character. During the 17th and 18th centuries, TB caused up to 25% of all deaths in Europe. In more recent times, tuberculosis has been called "consumption."
•Robert Koch isolated the tubercle bacillus in 1882 and established TB as an infectious disease.
&#9702;In the 19th century, patients were isolated in sanatoria and given treatments such as injecting air into the chest cavity. Attempts were made to decrease lung size by surgery called thoracoplasty.
&#9702;During the first half of the 20th century, no effective treatment was available.
&#9702;Streptomycin, the first antibiotic to fight TB, was introduced in 1946, and isoniazid (Laniazid, Nydrazid), originally an antidepressant medication, became available in 1952.
( emedicinehealth.com )
------
Not until 1952..1952... did any actual scientific "breakthrough" in treatment become available.
Does that mean that all of humanity was just "dark age stupid" until such time?
I don't think so. It just means it took THAT long, to find treatment that worked.
After nearly 1400 years of Christianity, the civilization of Western Europe was a squalid place with constant warfare between its quarreling kingdoms. Western Europe with all its Christians and was lagging behind the civilizations of China and the Ottoman Turks.

This is what 1400 years of Christianity and Judaism had done for Western Europe.

As the church began to lose it's grip on society, science flourished.

Cambridge, UK

#115644 Oct 28, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
So genocide is ok in your mind. Wow.
Yaa, you are sick.
Your unbearable shame at the things you have done (and, of course, the drugs) have crippled your mind.
You scream about abortions yet admit you would kill your own child should that voice in your head tell you to.
Your family should get help for you before you hurt someone.
That's about the size of it.

If Y and A believed his god was instructing him to kill a child then he'd do it in a New York minute.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#115645 Oct 28, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Morals and ethics are religious words? Show me the etymology to support what you say.
You would confine all of morality within your religion when in reality, good ethics and morals are found in all religions.
Religies pull 'facts' out of a hat - it's some kind of God magic.
Like most art critics, YaA knows what he likes and likes what he "knows", which explains how he can "think" that Christian Broadcasting and the Murdoch News Channel are the be all, end all of journalism.
SistaNoneYa

Manchester, KY

#115646 Oct 28, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! So you think >you< are a good candidate to chair an AA meeting, Sista? I don't think you are qualified.
I agree that if "something is helpful posatively for people, and it's of no harm to others, then it IS valuable." Indoctrinating children and pressing the vulnerable into religions/social psychoses is not automatically harmless simply because you want to portray yourself as tolerant and spiritual.
You're right, I'm not qualified for anything like that, because I've never walked the walk of experience of it.

But I do recognize the posative tenets of the principles in the philosaphy of it, and they are good, for anyone, to apply in daily life.

I don't promote indoctrinating people by any means-into anything, except healthy, balanced minds and selves.

And I don't need to pretend and "portray" myself as anything-I yam what I yam, and ergo I but for the grace of...

Well....that last word usually causes much debate so, and would be undoubtedly be different from another (even from my own sibling)...so I'll just put as "hmmmm....a work still in progress".

Cambridge, UK

#115647 Oct 28, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Point is, there is ALWAYS something to be learned, no matter the source.
It is what and how people CHOOSE to do with the same, that makes the differences.
YaA seems to be just more of a "Better safe than sorry" type person.
So am I.
That's just the difference in people, because people are NOT robot clones, or all the "same".
Trouble is, if the Muslims are right and who knows? They might be.

Then Y and A is hellbound.

Here's an interesting test:

Imagine that before you were born, you were given a choice to be born into any one of several possible universes, each created and ruled by a different god with different qualities and different rules from the others.

[1] In one universe – this universe, the one we actually know - the god ruling, Jesus, there will remain hidden from view. He will grant those who correctly guess that he exists an opportunity to blissfully worship him for eternity. Less than 10% will do so. The other 90+% will be forced to remain conscious in an eternal torture chamber. If you choose this universe, you won’t remember any of this. There will be many false religions for you to choose from.

[2] In another, the rules are the same as in the first universe, except that the god there makes himself plainly visible, and everybody manages not just to choose religion, but to choose the right religion, and in so doing, please him and earn eternal bliss praising him.

[3] In another, the rules are the same as in the first universe, except that after death, the deity allows the failures, still over 90+%, to return to the oblivion from which they came before birth. There is no torture after death.

[4] In another, it’s just like [3] except that, based on a coin flip, half get bliss and half get oblivion.

[5] In another, they also flip a coin. Except that heads it’s eternal bliss, tails it’s eternal torture. You have no say.

[6] In another universe, one ruled by Satan, everybody goes to eternal torture. This is the worst universe imaginable. If you are born into this one, prepare to meet the monster that runs it.

I'll be interested to see you rank these possible universes in descending order from most favourable to least.
SistaNoneYa

Manchester, KY

#115648 Oct 28, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
After nearly 1400 years of Christianity, the civilization of Western Europe was a squalid place with constant warfare between its quarreling kingdoms. Western Europe with all its Christians and was lagging behind the civilizations of China and the Ottoman Turks.
This is what 1400 years of Christianity and Judaism had done for Western Europe.
As the church began to lose it's grip on society, science flourished.
It was more often than NOT, people of the faith(s) that went far and wide, and treated the diseased and sick...then ;ending Science the knowledge they had gained in doing so.

Too many documented cases of that fact, to not beleive it.

I see no need to CONdemn people of any faith, who try and do good works. They are just as WORTHY, as those of little or no faith, who do the same, and even MORE worthy, than those who do nothing but condemn others for doing so.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Grand Jury indicts Dexter Smith for perjury 12 min too baad 19
The Save a lot 21 min Jelly 11
Education 56 min Quantummist 18
Breeze 1 hr Isaidityesisaidit 1
Did Pam bargo get indicted ? 1 hr just wondering 1
Daniel Boone entertainment 2 hr Homer Stout 9
I'm not 2 hr Quantummist 4
Who will be the next Knox Co. Judge Exec.? 4 hr Ricky 57

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web