Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 142342 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

curious

Ocoee, FL

#115499 Oct 26, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text> I'm not.
<quoted text>
Who knows? Maybe it did just that. After all, that's how you believe your god was formed.
<quoted text>
Our finest cosmologists and astro-physicists can't provide an answer and you know enough to limit the creation of our universe to just three alternatives.
<quoted text>
Every single explanation ever provided by science (there have been millions) has been based on natural occurrences. You say that's not credible?
<quoted text>
How very similar to the evidence believers claim to have for their gods.
<quoted text>
Hardly surprising. After all, what's the point of using reason and logic when you've clearly abandoned them?
<quoted text>
Plenty, seeing as you can't actually demonstrate that said super intelligence actually exists.
<quoted text>
Ah well, that rules your god out then.
<quoted text>
Absolutely. Unless we were engineered by a species of super alien beings.
<quoted text>
Like I said, it's not easy refuting someone who has abandoned logic and reason and embraced superstition and ju-ju
<quoted text>
1952 is positively modern when compared to the tribal superstitions of late Iron Age goat herders that rule your life.
It is obvious that you are walking on quicksand and need someone to throw you alifeline'
Call Regis Philbin,,,Naah , that won't work. Show has been cancelled.
Call Witchetty ,She can fly over on her broom.
It sits two LOL
You have exhausted your excuses. Your ammunition is wet and you are firing blanks...I will not waste any more time responding to your gibberish and nonsense.
I will continue believing in MY GOD and you can continue thinking that you came from nothing , created by nothing , will return to nothing, makimg you nothing.

curious

Ocoee, FL

#115500 Oct 26, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Again you lie about what science claims. It does not claim an intelligent designer is not needed. It simply sees no designer so it does not claim a designer is needed. Sorry you cannot comprehend this concept. If you are to stupid to comprehend this simple concept, why should we think you have any correct answers?
I corrected your lie once and you insist in perpetrating that lie
Read the quote from Stephen hawkins
"The Grand Design,” co-authored with U.S. physicist Leonard Mlodinow, Hawking says a new series of theories made a creator of the universe redundant,according to the Times newspaper which published extracts on Thursday.

“Because there is a law such as gravity, the universe can and will create itself from nothing. Spontaneous creation is the reason there is something rather than nothing, why the universe exists, WHY WE EXIST,” Hawking writes.“It is not necessary to invoke God to light the blue touch paper and set the universe going.”

As I read that ,he is saying that it is not necessary to Invoke God
That means God is not needed.
What part of that Statement are you having a problem comprehending?
That mental retardation serum you take ,in order to get stoned , is definitely having an adverse effect on your mental faculties.
Keep throwing up smokescreens and wasting your time.
You ,Witchetty ,Chroe and Khatru need to find a new source of excuses that will allow you to keep posting.
The ones you all have been using are old and stale

Since: Oct 13

Lexington, KY

#115501 Oct 26, 2013
"Mike Duquette" quoted textSo you hear voices and think they are a god? What is strange is how we in this society are supposed to think you are sane, as opposed to those who hear voices and do not think they are gods.
It feels good to help others. It is an evolutionary reaction. No god needed.

You hear the world tell you ways of following the devil and you then willingly become ignorant of the word of God, you then try to place the principalities and powers of this world above God and it is not possible. The world will pass away and those who are of it will too but believers in Jesus will live forever with God.

I have decernment to know the difference of good and evil, I rely on Gods way and test the Spirits. II have been persecuted for my faith in God such as you are doing here and seeing you are not willing to understand, I can see how God has left you to your own devices without his love.

I feel you are striking out at me with your pent up anger that you brought upon yourself in not coming to know the love of God in Jesus through the Holy Spirit and apparently you need help to believe you still can.

If you ever decide to come to the love that you now you shun in my loving Christ you just need to gather in fellowship in Church, even just with another believer, read the Bible and come to God in prayer and seek him to help you in the life you live to have a better life and he will show you the way.

But now you are acting out the hate that you live on with those who listen to man and can only follow mans limited knowledge, The world is caught up in in a vicious cycle of dependency on only each others intelelegence to assert thier selfish ways turning their backs on Gods love through giving his son to die for our salvation.

In your ignorance your not truly coming to the truth but rely on the making up of half truths found in mans worldly texts, when the Bible is there to guide us in truth, then you cry proclaiming your faulty judgements and dicarding the truth for your own perceptions.

While trying to cover up with layer after layer of lies and half truths like the devil does to you, you fail to humble yourself to accept the love and come to God but you accept false beliefs and replace the truth with the evil alternatives that your carnal mind lusts after and follow your own imaginations of what is true, never coming to the full knowledge if truth in Christ Jesus.

You need to repent and come to Jesus asking him to save you. I pray you and all unsaved people will come to Christ, living then joyfully as I do and to live an everlasting life with God too.
Known Fact

Kissimmee, FL

#115502 Oct 26, 2013
Someone told one of my friends, he said he didn't an to be one of Jehovah's Witnesses because our religion was too strict. My friend responded yes our religion is strict...we don't die from lung cancer caused from smoking because don't smoke, we don't die from liver problems caused by alcohol abuse, we don't get aids from immoral sex, etc. Come to think of it yes our religion is very strict!
Have your freedom!
nonbeliever

Roseville, CA

#115503 Oct 26, 2013
Apostle Amber wrote:
"Mike Duquette" quoted textSo you hear voices and think they are a god? What is strange is how we in this society are supposed to think you are sane, as opposed to those who hear voices and do not think they are gods.
It feels good to help others. It is an evolutionary reaction. No god needed.
You hear the world tell you ways of following the devil and you then willingly become ignorant of the word of God, you then try to place the principalities and powers of this world above God and it is not possible. The world will pass away and those who are of it will too but believers in Jesus will live forever with God.
I have decernment to know the difference of good and evil, I rely on Gods way and test the Spirits. II have been persecuted for my faith in God such as you are doing here and seeing you are not willing to understand, I can see how God has left you to your own devices without his love.
I feel you are striking out at me with your pent up anger that you brought upon yourself in not coming to know the love of God in Jesus through the Holy Spirit and apparently you need help to believe you still can.
If you ever decide to come to the love that you now you shun in my loving Christ you just need to gather in fellowship in Church, even just with another believer, read the Bible and come to God in prayer and seek him to help you in the life you live to have a better life and he will show you the way.
But now you are acting out the hate that you live on with those who listen to man and can only follow mans limited knowledge, The world is caught up in in a vicious cycle of dependency on only each others intelelegence to assert thier selfish ways turning their backs on Gods love through giving his son to die for our salvation.
In your ignorance your not truly coming to the truth but rely on the making up of half truths found in mans worldly texts, when the Bible is there to guide us in truth, then you cry proclaiming your faulty judgements and dicarding the truth for your own perceptions.
While trying to cover up with layer after layer of lies and half truths like the devil does to you, you fail to humble yourself to accept the love and come to God but you accept false beliefs and replace the truth with the evil alternatives that your carnal mind lusts after and follow your own imaginations of what is true, never coming to the full knowledge if truth in Christ Jesus.
You need to repent and come to Jesus asking him to save you. I pray you and all unsaved people will come to Christ, living then joyfully as I do and to live an everlasting life with God too.
Apostles gifts could resurrect the dead, give hearing to the deaf and grow limbs on amputees. Are you claiming you can do all this? If not why should anyone listen to you?
non believer

Roseville, CA

#115504 Oct 26, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
Someone told one of my friends, he said he didn't an to be one of Jehovah's Witnesses because our religion was too strict. My friend responded yes our religion is strict...we don't die from lung cancer caused from smoking because don't smoke, we don't die from liver problems caused by alcohol abuse, we don't get aids from immoral sex, etc. Come to think of it yes our religion is very strict!
Have your freedom!
Good business model that the Watchtower has to keep it's door to door free labor healthy not having to worry about paying health care, taxes. No law against religious slaves.
Constitutionalis t

Brooklyn, NY

#115505 Oct 26, 2013
I am a Christian and this post made me almost spit out my drink I laughed so hard
concerned wrote:
The danger in teaching the Bible is that this book has the power to create faith even in an atheist. If it is allowed to be taught there is a strong possibility someone could be converted to Jesus Christ. Under the current world views is it possible to allow such a powerful tool for good to be taught in public schools and that before the young minds of the future?
Constitutionalis t

Brooklyn, NY

#115506 Oct 26, 2013
Let Me guess, you vehemently support the Second Amendment, the right to bear arms, but you want to trample on the First amendment, separation of church and state. You are too ignorant to realize that prayer is not banned in schools, it just cannot be led by an employee of the school or forced upon children. Children have the Legally protected right to pray in school. If the only thing separating you from being a psychopath and being a moral person is religion, then you're already a bad person. As for paddling, a teacher should not be responsible for physical punishment of any child. Parents are just plain stupid nowadays. It's their fault children are brats and it's not the school's job to parent their children. They are raising entitled brats, and apparently you are one of them
wow wrote:
well the worlds going to hell so do you really think it would be that bad of an idea..... this is KY..... if we lived in a more diverse place I could see your point..... Just like saying the pledge they should have the choice to say no but at least offer it to those who want it. I seriously doubt there are more opposed to this than those to encourage it. Oh and while there at it.... bring prayer back and the all mighty paddle. Kick these kids asses and teach them the right things and maybe society as a whole would benefit.
Known Fact

Somerset, KY

#115507 Oct 26, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
Have your freedom!
Seeing how most of the children of JWs leave, your religion survives on converts. Usually the outcasts people who never had friends join your cult because their life sucks. Some were drug addicts, some alcoholics, some molested children, some smoked and some were just broke and stupid. Your God doesn't heal them when they join up so they bring all their health problems with them. That's why the JWs had to pay out 28 million because of their members molesting children.

Not to mention I smoke, drink and I'm a big fan of immoral sex and I don't have cancer, a bad liver or any STDs. How many JWs suffer from depression and mental problems? You might be surprised by the numbers. Your religion is a joke.

Lexington, KY

#115508 Oct 26, 2013
nonbeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
Apostles gifts could resurrect the dead, give hearing to the deaf and grow limbs on amputees. Are you claiming you can do all this? If not why should anyone listen to you?
When did Christ say you needed know what Apostles did and when Apostles do it? Christ shows me what I ought to do and I do those things through the Holy Spirit and I live according to God not according to man.

As stated in the Christ chose some worldly people to be Apostles and not what was expected, do you think that society of people appreciated that he didn't chose high priests or scholars?

I am growing, learning and experiencing God in my life every day and I am awe struck by his glory and love. I think you should repent and seek to know Jesus and pray God will call you his child too so that you can learn from the Holy Spirit as I am.

When you have faith to acknowledge Christ and that he works in our lives individually, then you might venture to critique my work but there is no way now for you to judge me without faith to believe and see me performing of those specific works.

Great works of God were shown to those who had faith to believe in the Apostle doing the work for God and they had faith in God to be healed. You have to learn to walk before you can run.

Telling of my being an Apostle here and working with those who have the faith to believe Christ called me an Apostle and helping the ones who have faith in God all are apart of what I do with the help of the Holy Spirit.

I am not able to do things requiring faith if there are those who will not have the faith to begin with. Many cant believe in Jesus enough to know he calls his children and still works in our lives to chose who he will to do his work.

Those who call themselves Christians yet deny that God can do anything or lack true faith depend only on what they have read in the New Testament just like the Jews depend on the Old Testament only but denied Christ. Many will say they lived for Christ even healed in his name but he will say I never knew you.

Where I also follow after the gospel, I rely on the Holy Spirit and my decernment in the Spirit within me but not in a selfish way but with a grain of salt. I struggle also in my faith to follow his will as I should sometimes.

I know how to work hard and make money to pay for my needs but I am struggling with how to do the Lords work, while being so caught up in ways I know about the world to achieve success that I don't try hard enough to do more for The Lords work.

I feel I would offend people who cant accept what is true in my life and being called crazy or fake by a faithless generation. I am so limited and without opportunity because of a stagnant society that is bombarded with worldly values.

But even relying on what is written in the Bible you can read how Christ spoke to Paul after he rose up to heaven and he spoke to others people, he told a man to heal Paul and called Paul a chosen vessel of his.

Moses was a great man after God but even he had faults, he chose to claim he made water come out of a rock when it was God who did it, just like Paul claimed he was an Apostle, when Christ called him a chosen vessel.

Even Apostles cast lots for who would replace the fallen Apostle and chose a person when Christ chose them himself why shouldn't Christ still chose who he will now!

So if you find you have faith to believe and come to Christ in your heart then you will know that with Christ you can do all things and anything is possible with God.
Known Fact

Somerset, KY

#115509 Oct 26, 2013
Apostle Amber wrote:
<quoted text>
When did Christ say you needed know what Apostles did and when Apostles do it? Christ shows me what I ought to do and I do those things through the Holy Spirit and I live according to God not according to man.
As stated in the Christ chose some worldly people to be Apostles and not what was expected, do you think that society of people appreciated that he didn't chose high priests or scholars?
I am growing, learning and experiencing God in my life every day and I am awe struck by his glory and love. I think you should repent and seek to know Jesus and pray God will call you his child too so that you can learn from the Holy Spirit as I am.
When you have faith to acknowledge Christ and that he works in our lives individually, then you might venture to critique my work but there is no way now for you to judge me without faith to believe and see me performing of those specific works.
Great works of God were shown to those who had faith to believe in the Apostle doing the work for God and they had faith in God to be healed. You have to learn to walk before you can run.
Telling of my being an Apostle here and working with those who have the faith to believe Christ called me an Apostle and helping the ones who have faith in God all are apart of what I do with the help of the Holy Spirit.
I am not able to do things requiring faith if there are those who will not have the faith to begin with. Many cant believe in Jesus enough to know he calls his children and still works in our lives to chose who he will to do his work.
Those who call themselves Christians yet deny that God can do anything or lack true faith depend only on what they have read in the New Testament just like the Jews depend on the Old Testament only but denied Christ. Many will say they lived for Christ even healed in his name but he will say I never knew you.
Where I also follow after the gospel, I rely on the Holy Spirit and my decernment in the Spirit within me but not in a selfish way but with a grain of salt. I struggle also in my faith to follow his will as I should sometimes.
I know how to work hard and make money to pay for my needs but I am struggling with how to do the Lords work, while being so caught up in ways I know about the world to achieve success that I don't try hard enough to do more for The Lords work.
I feel I would offend people who cant accept what is true in my life and being called crazy or fake by a faithless generation. I am so limited and without opportunity because of a stagnant society that is bombarded with worldly values.
But even relying on what is written in the Bible you can read how Christ spoke to Paul after he rose up to heaven and he spoke to others people, he told a man to heal Paul and called Paul a chosen vessel of his.
Moses was a great man after God but even he had faults, he chose to claim he made water come out of a rock when it was God who did it, just like Paul claimed he was an Apostle, when Christ called him a chosen vessel.
Even Apostles cast lots for who would replace the fallen Apostle and chose a person when Christ chose them himself why shouldn't Christ still chose who he will now!
So if you find you have faith to believe and come to Christ in your heart then you will know that with Christ you can do all things and anything is possible with God.
Just wondering if you have posted this on another board, seems like I've read about your experience before.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#115511 Oct 26, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
We should remind ourselves to the last breath that what mattered was tolerance, patience, regard and a love of a neighbour.
I'll stick with my OWN beliefs thank you.

Lexington, KY

#115512 Oct 26, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Just wondering if you have posted this on another board, seems like I've read about your experience before.
Yeah and in both cases the same subject was brought up to reply to.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#115513 Oct 26, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? What credible evidence would this happen to be?
<quoted text>
Weird, I ask that very same questions of xtians and so far they've all failed to provide their god.
<quoted text>
And if you'd been born in Saudi Arabia you'd be saying "My belief in God is not based on the opinions or beliefs of others , not my Father's,my mother's or anybody else.".
If it was India the odds favour you saying ...."My belief in Brahma, Shiva, Ganesh, etc is not based on the opinions or beliefs of others , not my Father's,my mother's or anybody else.".
If you'd have been born and lived in Saudi Arabia, then you would be a Sunni Muslim right now. If you'd been born in Iran you'd be a Shi'a Muslim. If you'd been born in Israel during the first century BCE you'd have been an adherent of the Jewish faith. If you'd been born in medieval Europe, you'd see nothing wrong with killing witches and torturing heretics.
Billions of people all over the world have no good reason to believe in their respective faiths other than it was what they were born into and learned from their parents. The only reason they adopt their faith is down to social/cultural conditions and has little to do with studying a selection of faiths and picking one because you favour its doctrine over all the others.
These things are close to being undeniable facts. Deny that and display your religious/chronological snobbery for all to see.
The nonsense you have written which you claim is" close to being an undeniable fact" is in fact, a deniable nonfact.
What you wrote is your opinion ,which is based on fallacious nonsense.
My reasons for my faith have nothing to do with what my father ,mother or anyone else may base their beliefs on.
I have made that quite clear in what I have posted
That fact is something your tortured mind is unable to grasp.
You have been asking Gotcha questions ,foolish one.
I don't fall for that game.
You ask, What evidence do I need that would lead me to question my beliefs?
I will lay it out for you.
Stephen Hawkins wrote a book where he states that" The law of gravity caused the universe and life to be created spontaneously from nothing.
Show me , by means of an experiment , how that is possible , then
I could consider altering my beliefs.

Can you do that?
Show me , by means of an experiment , that you can , by natural means , convert nonliving , nonconscious ,nonintelligent matter into living , conscious , intelligent matter, then I will consider
altering my beliefs.
Can you do that?
That type of evidence would lead me to question whether God is the creator or not.
I do not want to hear that, given time , Science may someday figure it out. That is wishful thinking.
I do not want to hear excuses or to be presented with smokescreens .
You , Witchetty and Dukette have already presented me with a varied collection of those.
That is the question to which you have so ardently tried to trick me into a response ,using the Gotcha method.
Now you had to ask it point blank.
I gave you my answer . Let's hear what you got to say.
Known Fact

Somerset, KY

#115514 Oct 26, 2013
Apostle Amber wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah and in both cases the same subject was brought up to reply to.
I actually never read it any where else but it just seemed so fake that I figured you were a troll, especially when you throw your email out. Every three lines then a space, three more and a space. It just makes me think you have a file where you get automated responses and just copy/paste the same answer over and over.

So what's your scam? You claiming to speak with God and for 500 bucks you'll plant a seed that will give them back seven times that?
curious

Ocoee, FL

#115515 Oct 26, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Curious?
The god that murdered in the bible did not actually murder, it I just the natural disasters that were attributed to a god that you claim that did the deed. The horrible part is, you think the god did the killing and the killing was good. This is what we are trying to point out, but you are to stupid to comprehend. I have pointed it out to you several times, but it does not register in your thick head. Must be that denial kicking in.
Since you seem to be addressing the question to me , I will respond.

If the God that murdered in the Bible ,did not really murder , then,what is your obsession with making those inane and nonsencical allegations?

What are these natural disasters that were attributed to God ,that you are alluding to?

And why are you so obsessed with what I may or may not believe?
Moreover , in attempting to figure out my beliefs , you are making assumptions for which you have no evidence?
L have good reason to suspect that , based on your postings , you,Witchetty and the longtime contributor and recently rejuvenated Khatru are no more than gossipers and busybodies

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#115516 Oct 26, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
It is obvious that you are walking on quicksand and need someone to throw you alifeline'
Call Regis Philbin,,,Naah , that won't work. Show has been cancelled.
Call Witchetty ,She can fly over on her broom.
It sits two LOL
You have exhausted your excuses. Your ammunition is wet and you are firing blanks...I will not waste any more time responding to your gibberish and nonsense.
I will continue believing in MY GOD and you can continue thinking that you came from nothing , created by nothing , will return to nothing, makimg you nothing.
Attaboy!

Why bother with scientific explanations when you can have magic.

You carry right on believing in talking animals, giants, demons, etc.

Nottingham, UK

#115517 Oct 27, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll stick with my OWN beliefs thank you.
Fair enough.

I was just making the point that at the end of the day, the Golden Rule doesn't matter to the bible god.

He may not like it if we kill and injure our fellow humans but he like it less if you don't love him or Jesus.

Nottingham, UK

#115518 Oct 27, 2013
curious wrote:
The nonsense you have written which you claim is" close to being an undeniable fact" is in fact, a deniable nonfact.
What you wrote is your opinion ,which is based on fallacious nonsense.
My reasons for my faith have nothing to do with what my father ,mother or anyone else may base their beliefs on.
I have made that quite clear in what I have posted
That fact is something your tortured mind is unable to grasp.
You have been asking Gotcha questions ,foolish one.
I don't fall for that game.
Remember...location, location, location - that's what it comes down to. Religious beliefs are generated by living in specific geographical areas.
curious wrote:
You ask, What evidence do I need that would lead me to question my beliefs?
I will lay it out for you.
Stephen Hawkins wrote a book where he states that" The law of gravity caused the universe and life to be created spontaneously from nothing.
Show me , by means of an experiment , how that is possible , then
I could consider altering my beliefs.
Can you do that?
Show me , by means of an experiment , that you can , by natural means , convert nonliving , nonconscious ,nonintelligent matter into living , conscious , intelligent matter, then I will consider
altering my beliefs.
Can you do that?

That type of evidence would lead me to question whether God is the creator or not.
Yeah, go for it! You carry right on setting unattainable standards for other faiths and world views, yet insist on no such standards for your own.

In any event, maybe you should ask Stephen Hawkins - he's the expert.
curious wrote:
I do not want to hear that, given time , Science may someday figure it out. That is wishful thinking.
And here we have the mindset of the believer encapsulated in a single sentence. "I don't want to hear....etc" That's what it boils down to. Why concern your self with the facts when you can have your beliefs instead?
curious wrote:
I do not want to hear excuses or to be presented with smokescreens
And here we have the mindset of the believer encapsulated in a single sentence. "I don't want to hear....etc" That's what it boils down to. Why concern your self with the facts when you can have your beliefs instead?
curious wrote:
You , Witchetty and Dukette have already presented me with a varied collection of those.
That is the question to which you have so ardently tried to trick me into a response ,using the Gotcha method.
Now you had to ask it point blank.
I gave you my answer . Let's hear what you got to say.
I know, I know, science, history, geology, biology, physics, etc have failed to convince you otherwise, some idiot rolling around on the floor speaking in "tongues" may be all the evidence you need to prove Christianity.

Lexington, KY

#115519 Oct 27, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
I actually never read it any where else but it just seemed so fake that I figured you were a troll, especially when you throw your email out. Every three lines then a space, three more and a space. It just makes me think you have a file where you get automated responses and just copy/paste the same answer over and over.
So what's your scam? You claiming to speak with God and for 500 bucks you'll plant a seed that will give them back seven times that?
I don't think of what I did with that one reporting like you do. Your deranged comments are offensive and unwarranted.

As I told you I simply responded to the same question with the same answer, why that in your prejudicial mind would bring on such hate filled and irrational remarks is beyond me, I don't venture into knowing about the dark things your mind revels in.

Jesus knows what is in man why don't you seek him to help you and bring you out of you dark fantasy mind set.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Perverts of knox co. 29 min billyjean 7
Stephen Trace Signs 1 hr Dough 21
sugars daddies 2 hr Larry 11
~~Keep A Word~~Drop A Word Game. (Jun '10) 5 hr Princess Hey 821
Narhan Parks 5 hr WonderingEyes 13
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 5 hr Princess Hey 3,797
Timmy Earles and Eric Canady 6 hr Johanna 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages