Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,906

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#115417 Oct 25, 2013
Apostle Amber wrote:
1. God loves you and has a plan for you!
<editted for nonsense> amen.
You are so well programed.
Have you ever had an independant thought?

There is no "god" and there is no "plan."
There is only this life and you are cringing in fear instead of living.

The "good news?" Yes, it is that we are not primitive superstitious goatherders. We know what causes thunder and lightning and it's not
some angry imaginary being.
There is no need to invent answers so we are not afraid of the dark.
The time for invisible friends is over.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#115418 Oct 25, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Well ,The fact is that Atheists do not have and have never produced a book full of good ethics and morals.
Their moral code is based on each individuals interpretation of right and wrong based on their desires.Kinda like do whatever turns you on,,,Hippie style.
That is why Witchetty proudly claimed that she has never done anything for which she need feel ashamed.
I assume that if the Pope ever becane aware of her statements
he would either have her cannonized as a saint or cannonaded as a heretic.
I assume that if the Pope ever became aware of WitW actual statement, he wouldn't feel some insecure need to sarcastically twist it around.
curiousity

Staffordsville, KY

#115419 Oct 25, 2013
I have read through some of these posts. God's word says to go out and preach the gospel. As a Christian I do just that. I spread what I know about Jesus. But I want each person that reads this to know, that whatever your view is I love you! Because God's greatest gift is love! And I pray for each one that reads my post. I love The Lord and I will continue to let His light shine thru my life! God Bless each of you and may you find peace in your hearts!

Since: Oct 13

Lexington, KY

#115420 Oct 25, 2013
curiousity wrote:
I have read through some of these posts. God's word says to go out and preach the gospel. As a Christian I do just that. I spread what I know about Jesus. But I want each person that reads this to know, that whatever your view is I love you! Because God's greatest gift is love! And I pray for each one that reads my post. I love The Lord and I will continue to let His light shine thru my life! God Bless each of you and may you find peace in your hearts!
That was beautiful Curiosity! Your post was truly sharing from the heart and your words shine Jesus's light in this woeful world.

Thanks be to God for sharing his love, you have lifted my Spirit and encouraged me to continue helping the lost to know Jesus.

I pray you will have a wonderful day and continue to share the gospel of Jesus in peace and blessings with love.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#115421 Oct 25, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not waiting for an answer.
It does not require faith or hope.
TIME IS the answer.
You just can't figure that out, can you?
Let's see if I can make it simple for you.
During your lifetime, you will do a certain number of activities.
You will eat X number of meals, sleep X number of times, drive a car, go to work, arrive home, kiss a man/woman, fall in love, fall out of love, smell a flower, hear a symphony, admire a sunset....
ALL only X number of times in your limited lifespan.
But, if you lived twice as long, you could do all those things and even more...because you have the TIME to do them.
Now, if your lifespan were billions upon billions of years, how many more opportunities are available to you?
And, if your lifespan were virtually infinite?
ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING become possible.
The universe has had more TIME than you can imagine.
There is always change. Nothing is static.
An "unchanging" god? Not bloody likely.
An nonbeliever has to depend on irrationality and poetic terms in order to justify their unbelief.
The Fact is that that which is nonliving does not posses the properties to create life.So it is not a question of time ,it is a question of not having the ability to perform the task due to the fact that time is unable to create life.

There is no evidence to support that statement ,other than wishful thinking.

In their inability to explain how life,intelligence and consciousness can be attained by natural means , unbelievers have to resort to the absurd assertion ,unproven and illogical, that all we need is time.

That is not an answer , that is an absurd excuse for which you can provide no evidence

“See how you are?”

Earth

#115422 Oct 25, 2013
curiousity wrote:
Thank you for that sentiment, but I dare say that most on this thread are already pretty well informed about scripture (except for a couple who claim superior knowledge through emotional osmosis and metaphysics). Personally, I've never felt a need for either Jesus' instruction or Satan's permission to do the next right thing - and I've often found the next right thing to take far more effort than whispering words to folded hands.
curiousity

Staffordsville, KY

#115423 Oct 25, 2013
Apostle Amber wrote:
<quoted text>That was beautiful Curiosity! Your post was truly sharing from the heart and your words shine Jesus's light in this woeful world.

Thanks be to God for sharing his love, you have lifted my Spirit and encouraged me to continue helping the lost to know Jesus.

I pray you will have a wonderful day and continue to share the gospel of Jesus in peace and blessings with love.
Thank you! That truly blesses me to know someone felt the love I have for God. Many blessings to you fear friend.:)
curiousity

Staffordsville, KY

#115424 Oct 25, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you for that sentiment, but I dare say that most on this thread are already pretty well informed about scripture (except for a couple who claim superior knowledge through emotional osmosis and metaphysics). Personally, I've never felt a need for either Jesus' instruction or Satan's permission to do the next right thing - and I've often found the next right thing to take far more effort than whispering words to folded hands.
Well I just know that I believe in Jesus. I won't force my opinion on anyone! Jesus didn't either. There were those believed, and those who did not. It's really up to you how you believe. I love those who believe and those that do not. I pray you have a wonderful day:)
curious

Ocoee, FL

#115425 Oct 25, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so well programed.
Have you ever had an independant thought?
There is no "god" and there is no "plan."
There is only this life and you are cringing in fear instead of living.
The "good news?" Yes, it is that we are not primitive superstitious goatherders. We know what causes thunder and lightning and it's not
some angry imaginary being.
There is no need to invent answers so we are not afraid of the dark.
The time for invisible friends is over.
You are so misinformed.
Have you ever had a rational thought?
We know what causes thunder and lightning.
We are not primitive and superstitious goatherders.

We do not believe it is possible for that which is nonliving, nonconscious and nonintelligent to , by some freak of nature ,by natural means , to somehow attain unto consciousness , life and intelligence.

That type of witch doctor ,voodoo mentality we leave to the unbelievers who need use irrationality in order to justify their beliefs.

Your irrational views in no way contradict our Faith and beliefs that
Our God lives , Our God reigns and is the true creator of all that exists. That does include TIME ,which God also created and in which you plave your faith and hope , thereby worshipping that which he created instead of worshipping the Creator.
The effect can never be greater than the cause

“See how you are?”

Earth

#115426 Oct 25, 2013
curiousity wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I just know that I believe in Jesus. I won't force my opinion on anyone! Jesus didn't either. There were those believed, and those who did not. It's really up to you how you believe. I love those who believe and those that do not. I pray you have a wonderful day:)
I hope you don't mind, but I'm not going to pray for God to intervene with divine majicks to secure your happiness.
Don't get me wrong - I wish you a wonderful day, as well. I just don't have to be told to do so, I don't try to wheedle the omnipotent Creator of all time and space to my whims (or His 'Son', either) and I don't feel compelled to promulgate a banal platitude. Not being a member of the cult, I would find it hypocritical if I did. No offense intended, of course - to each their own. Carry on.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#115428 Oct 25, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Books written and inspired by men are certainly not perfect.
However, given that millions of christians keep banging on about how their god is perfect, you'd expect that the book he wrote/inspired would also be perfect. It's not.
Nice to know you agree that the bible isn't perfect - kudos to you for that.
Putting a book full of killing due to ones religious beliefs and claiming it is a good thing, in public schools has the problem of overcoming the billions of people who claim this is the perfect word of god. Teaching it objectively becomes a huge problem. This is why government gives tax exemption to churches.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#115429 Oct 25, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
You haven't posted anything worth debating.
What part of I don't worship any ancient "Moses", therefore "Your OT obsessive zealot-extremist" crapolla is UNininteresting and the repetative mired in dark age MUCK is rather juvenile, do you NOT comprehend?
And YES, I can be MEAN, too!
Big flippin' deal-that takes absolutely NO character OR skill what so ever!
As in NONE, nada, ZILCH.
I do not care if you worship what Moses claimed. I am simply pointing out the Moses was a mass murderer and did exactly what you keep whining about. He was intolerant of others beliefs in the most extreme sense possible. It gets no more extreme than this, yet you keep defending the bible as if it is so great. Thus this makes you hypocritical.
I pointed out the new testament claims about non believers being fools and evildoers, yet you claim the new testament is not bigoted. It is, and I proved it, but you refuse to acknowledge this plain fact. You simply divert, just as you did here yet again. Diversion is the game you bible lovers play. Obviously when pressed, you cannot defend the book.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#115430 Oct 25, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
No one has said that you worship Moses. The point you seem to be remiss in grasping is that the OT is the foundation of the NT, and that when a house is built on mire, muck, shifting sands and faults, the structure is doomed.
Thanks for noting how Sista is simply unable to grasp the implications of Moses' deeds.
It takes denial to accept the bible as a book that is good. Sista can probably grasp the concept but she refuses to allow the idea to enter her mind.
This is clear to me due to her avoidance of the topic.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#115431 Oct 25, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Nowhere have I stated that I KNOW , I have stated that I BELIEVE.
It is difficult to be a deep thinker when confronted with your shallow responses ,among them that I have demabded that you must believe in my God.
By using evasive tactics you and Chroe have avoided dealing with the question at hand......
You claim it is the only way, so that implies you know it is true. You cannot know this.
When you state that something must be true, you imply you know. Maybe learn to word your thoughts better.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#115432 Oct 25, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
The point you all seem NOT to get, is that casting stones at others-especially when EVERYONE has backyards full of boulders...is NOT representative of any signs of any actual intelligence, let alone ethics or decency.
I agree with ya on the structure thing though.
Unstable and dysfunctional is unstable and dysfunctional.
But then I've known that for YEARS.
Still far from denouncing the bible or the old testament.
The practices god praised are exactly what you keep denouncing, but you cannot seem to manage connecting the dots. Maybe you just cannot admit being wrong about something?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#115434 Oct 25, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
The point you all seem NOT to get, is that casting stones at others-especially when EVERYONE has backyards full of boulders...is NOT representative of any signs of any actual intelligence, let alone ethics or decency.
I agree with ya on the structure thing though.
Unstable and dysfunctional is unstable and dysfunctional.
But then I've known that for YEARS.
Guess who cast stones? The bible. Moses did it, Jesus did it. I pointed it out, and you ignore it.
When you learn to admit the bible is full of this problem, then you can cast stones at us without looking so silly for being hypocritical.
One of the main problems so many have with the holier than thou Christians and other believers is this hypocrisy. You display it daily. You may not be a believer, but you are as hypocritical as a believer.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#115435 Oct 25, 2013
I see someone is on a role with the judgits on my posts, yet cannot find the logic to rebut my points. Probably Curious.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#115436 Oct 25, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Why ruin a whole book with OTHER redemptive qualities, over bad apple pages?
Only lunacy would do that.
I am sure one could find some redemptive qualities in Mein Kampf, but that does not mean we should glorify the book. We should point out exactly what is wrong with the philosophies claimed in the book.
Billions of people do not hold up Mein Kampf as the perfect words of a god.
I guess when a book is supposed to be of a god, it is deemed off limits to criticism?

“See how you are?”

Earth

#115437 Oct 25, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>You claim it is the only way, so that implies you know it is true. You cannot know this.
When you state that something must be true, you imply you know. Maybe learn to word your thoughts better.
Sadly, I think he words his posts exactly how he intends to. How can one not pity that?
curious

Ocoee, FL

#115438 Oct 25, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>You claim it is the only way, so that implies you know it is true. You cannot know this.
I will continue to believe as I do up until the time that someone can provide me with a viable alternative that I can test and study it's validity.
Seems that neither Science or you has been able to provide that viable alternative , other than your HOPE and Faith that at some point in the distant future , Science may arrive at an answer.
You can speculate that such may occur.
That is a leap of Faith that I am unable to make as that would be foolishness on my part

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How many kindergarten teachers at Lay? 10 min lol 13
German shepard 53 min Jackie 3
Mike Smith For Sheriff (Feb '14) 1 hr Jack 221
Porsche mills 6 hr sad days 25
barbourville affordabe funeral home (Oct '08) 7 hr someone who knows 109
jeff vaughn not dories jeff violas jeff is a rat 8 hr Junes son Jeff Va... 4
terry smith from the creek 13 hr wondering 4
To the Garland family 16 hr Friend 5
what happen on the creek ambulances an law is u... Fri Get a life 8
Who is the best looking woman in knox co. (Feb '10) Fri billy 183
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:09 pm PST

Yahoo! Sports 2:09PM
RT Eric Winston quickly settling in with Bengals
NBC Sports 3:14 PM
Losers of 13 of 14, Titans set for top draft pick - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
Broncos vs. Bengals: TV Info, Spread, Injury Updates, Game Time and More
Bleacher Report 9:00 AM
Start 'Em, Sit 'Em Week 16: Debating Difficult Fantasy Football Lineup Decisions
NBC Sports11:17 AM
Peyton Manning officially questionable for Monday night