Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 158010 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#115159 Oct 21, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>You trust Jesus because you were lead to believe he is the Christ.
This is due to your parents superstition , which was caused by their parents superstition and this was caused by their parents superstition and so on and so on for probably at least one hundred generations and possibly hundreds more.
If your heritage was Islamic, then you would likely believe Jesus was not the Christ. These are just basic likelihoods.
I note you did not refute the logic of the post you answered.
Clearly it was just to sound of logic for you to refute.
Good post!

curious YaA, etc would all be Muslims if they'd been born in Saudi Arabia.

If they'd been born in India, it's odds on they'd be Hindus.

Since: Oct 13

Covington, KY

#115161 Oct 21, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
The Jews are not unbelievers.
Neither are Muslims
Neither are Sikhs
Neither are Hindus
Neither are Zoroastrians
You need therapy
Anyone who has disbelieved God and Christ is an unbeliever. But then how would you know the difference because you ARE an unbeliever and can't tell of the Holy Spirit yourself!

You try to reason among yourselves but you are blind to yourself and those like you, reminding me of the blind leading the blind, both will fall in the ditch.

Cambridge, UK

#115162 Oct 21, 2013
Apostle Amber wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone who has disbelieved God and Christ is an unbeliever. But then how would you know the difference because you ARE an unbeliever and can't tell of the Holy Spirit yourself!
You try to reason among yourselves but you are blind to yourself and those like you, reminding me of the blind leading the blind, both will fall in the ditch.
There are millions of people of different faiths around the world. They worship their god(s) with equal or greater passion than you do.

To them, you are the unbeliever.

What's sick is that you would put them in the same category as evil people.

Your sense of morality is warped and twisted.
So true

Warrenton, VA

#115163 Oct 21, 2013
Well, time takes a toll, and we all have doubts. We doubt ourself, just like we doubt each other.
But if you find someone who makes you smile, who checks up on you often to see if you're okay, who watches out for you and wants the very best for you, don't let them go. Keep them close and don't take them for granted. People like that are hard to find.
Happy Monday all

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#115164 Oct 21, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Your failure to refute is noted. You guys are easily beaten, aren't you?
Individual battles clearly matter to you since you're singing a song about one.
What you should have said is that the individual battles don't matter to us - you won't find many (if any) songs about our victories on your soil in the War of 1812. Why? Because nobody over here was really interested.
You won't even find songs about the Battle of Bladensburg which has been named by eminent historian Daniel Walker Howe as "the greatest disgrace ever dealt to American arms” and "the most humiliating episode in American history". Despite our victory in the heart of America and subsequent burning of your Capitol, we just didn't care - it was really no big deal.
It smacks of desperation when you're trying to claim to have won a war that you didn't.
More lies for Jesus, I guess.
Curious has apparently gone 'round the bend.
He answers you as if you are me, wonders where we are (as if it mattered) and sings irrelevant songs.

Poor fellow. I think he knows he has absolutely no sane argument.
He's going for the "diminished capacity" defense.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#115168 Oct 21, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
There are millions of people of different faiths around the world. They worship their god(s) with equal or greater passion than you do.
Nah, she seems like a nice lady. A little vague and perhaps a bit vapid, but of a pleasant sort, in an ovine kind of way.

Since: Oct 13

Covington, KY

#115174 Oct 21, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Get over it will you, your personal attacts are meaningless as anyone can see. Your able to relate in text as to the way you deam yourself to be as you hardly even know me.

People who dont have true understanding will just continue to promote hate where they see the goodness of God lifted up in Christ and the Holy Spirit.

I would simply like to see the bible available to read and study in schools because it is the most important and insightful book for man kind in this world and nothing has or will ever come close to it.

That is what I think on the subject and other than that I chose not to continue in rebuffing stupid hate speach from those who hate Christians.

Since: Sep 13

United States of America

#115180 Oct 21, 2013
Awww, I see we have a new poster. So tell me, how long did it take Curious to accuse you Khatru of being another Moniker?

btw...Welcome!

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#115181 Oct 21, 2013
Not long. Just up the page...post 115150.
Responding to Khatru, calling him "witchetty."

Whenever curious is getting his a$$ handed to him, he tries to change the subject.
Says goofy stuff, sings songs, makes up words.
Acts much the same way that Sista does.

WAIT! In that case, they MUST be the same person!
Because you know, there is only ONE fundie and ONE
atheist doing ALL the posting here.....
***snicker***

United States of America

#115182 Oct 21, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
Not long. Just up the page...post 115150.
Responding to Khatru, calling him "witchetty."
Whenever curious is getting his a$$ handed to him, he tries to change the subject.
Says goofy stuff, sings songs, makes up words.
Acts much the same way that Sista does.
WAIT! In that case, they MUST be the same person!
Because you know, there is only ONE fundie and ONE
atheist doing ALL the posting here.....
***snicker***
Ha ha!
Good to see you again W

United States of America

#115183 Oct 21, 2013
It seems I've captured the attention of the Moderator's as all my comments are being scrutinized.

Cambridge, UK

#115184 Oct 21, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
Curious has apparently gone 'round the bend.
He answers you as if you are me, wonders where we are (as if it mattered) and sings irrelevant songs.
Poor fellow. I think he knows he has absolutely no sane argument.
He's going for the "diminished capacity" defense.
Lol

That explains his dumb posts about me having other monikers.

Cambridge, UK

#115185 Oct 21, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah, she seems like a nice lady. A little vague and perhaps a bit vapid, but of a pleasant sort, in an ovine kind of way.
I guess you've seen her posts for longer than I have.

The ones I've seen appear to be wholly intolerant of anyone who chooses to follow a myth different to her own myth.

Cambridge, UK

#115186 Oct 21, 2013
Apostle Amber wrote:
<quoted text>
Get over it will you, your personal attacts are meaningless as anyone can see. Your able to relate in text as to the way you deam yourself to be as you hardly even know me.
People who dont have true understanding will just continue to promote hate where they see the goodness of God lifted up in Christ and the Holy Spirit.
I would simply like to see the bible available to read and study in schools because it is the most important and insightful book for man kind in this world and nothing has or will ever come close to it.
That is what I think on the subject and other than that I chose not to continue in rebuffing stupid hate speach from those who hate Christians.
I don't really care what myth you believe in. I don't even cars if you nail a dead chicken to your bedpost and dance around naked howling at the moon if that gives your life meaning.

At the end of the day I'm not the one who calls people evil simply because they don't believe in ancient mythology.

Cambridge, UK

#115187 Oct 21, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
Awww, I see we have a new poster. So tell me, how long did it take Curious to accuse you Khatru of being another Moniker?
btw...Welcome!
Hi there - nice to meet you.

I've come to the conclusion that curious has no Creedence.

He's not a very Fortunate Son
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#115188 Oct 22, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
YaA, if you had turned your life around in the UAE, you'd be thanking Allah and bowing to Mecca. Everyone but you can face that Fact. Quit bellyaching.
No!
It wasn't I, who turned my life around... I only repented my sins!
It was Christ that turned my life around!
Incase you had not figured it out yet...
Satan leads people away from Christ with lies, and
some lies are very close to the truth!
See... If Muslims know Allah is the God of Abraham...
And God told one people to Love everyone, and told another
people to kill, rape, and terrorize everyone....
You'd have to look at the messenger!
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#115189 Oct 22, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again, Sparky.
Says you!
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#115190 Oct 22, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Black and Hispanic persons in America are usually very superstitious and typically of the Christian faith.
If the market is asking for a store, capitalism will put one in your neighborhood.
"We" are not putting them in these locations, capitalism is.
Why do you hate the free market?
Why do you hate Blacks and Hispanics to allow "YOUR" tax money to pay for those clinics???
We all know We Christians object to abortions, but if you want to put in a grocery store... have at it!
Unless you like killing babies...
I'm sure the Taliban would take you in!
SistaNoneYa

Brodhead, KY

#115191 Oct 22, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
It might be apropos to answer your taunting with a similar depth of cleverness - but alas, baby talk is a lost language to me.
Just admit it, the site is NOT, not, not without faults, is unsecure(d) and generally relies on ALREADY been written facts from else where, and tends to lack integrity at times because of TOO much "fweeDuhm", rather than adhering to higher ETHICAL standards, codes and principles...because lack of such IS at the base of it's "format".

Have you ever read "Inside Wikileaks"?

It's true colors shine through, the like dark world, megalomanaical blob that it evolved from.
SistaNoneYa

Brodhead, KY

#115192 Oct 22, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Do you just make up your own insults (labels) or do you get this stuff somewhere?
Sometimes they're divingly inspired, sometimes they're offsets from something else. That particular one was an original.:-).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Don 1 hr What 2
Looking for work 1 hr worker 1
Let's Play Word Association (Nov '08) 2 hr Princess Hey 3,947
Has anyone seen randy hubbard? 2 hr uptown 3
Angie 2 hr uptown 4
Hey js 2 hr Long time friend 15
Sheila Lynn Garrison Troutman Edwards 3 hr Tasha 2
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) 11 hr Betty Makelin 111
Bullock Busted Tue Reality 3

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages