Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 20 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

shut it

London, KY

#114926 Oct 19, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Not at all!
We talk all the time!
Get to know Him, Repent, and He'll talk to you too!
...I have a feeling that this guy has done something in the past that makes it hard for him to live with himself, and is begging that his god will forgive him, because man never will.
...I've seen many of child molesters garb that big book for forgiveness...when they plug their ears and run their mouth, it's because "no god" = "no one forgives them"
...you'll not be forgiven, you'll be held responsible for what you've done...and if your god don't stop it,he done it.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#114927 Oct 19, 2013
How stupid can you be wrote:
<quoted text>No....
It's proof that satan can infiltrate, and try to destroy...
More Proof, God is real!
Just like your posts!
Thanks!
Don't be silly - there's no such thing as Satan.

If there was then he would be the dumbest entity in the universe.

Here's a being who was the brightest being in all creation (bar God). Satan would have experienced first-hand the absolute goodness and omnipotent authority god has. Why would Satan want to rebel against such unmediated love? Satan would have known more than anyone, the utter futility of trying to defy God

Yet he chose to rebel against such goodness and light?

Nothing can be that stupid - ergo he doesn't exist.
How stupid can you be

Richmond, KY

#114928 Oct 19, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
I could have done a better job than God did in the Ten Commandments:
A good, foreknowing God could easily have communicated better. So much so that there would be no Inquisition, witch hunts, heresy trials, female subjugation, Crusades, or institutional slavery.
All he had to do is replace the tenth commandment, which is a thought crime about coveting, with something like this:“Thou shalt not kill people with different beliefs, treat women as inferior, steal land in my name, or own slaves.”
See? A big improvement.
What about the "Honour thy father and mother" commandment? What if you father is Josef Fritzl? I'm sure you remember him.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fritzl_case
Do you honestly believe that Fritzl's daughters should still honour that man? If you do then your sense of morality, is pretty degenerate.
If, however, you admit that it doesn't apply in this particular case (or many others!), then it's hardly an absolute rule.
Which makes a mockery of your Ten Commandments.
Hahahaha!
Good Christian women are not inferior....
Tramps on the other hand... are still loved by God, but
should repent being a tramp!
You'll be glad you did!
SistaNoneYaBiz

London, KY

#114930 Oct 19, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right.
I've lived in Hong Kong and travelled round some of mainland China.
The Chinese are industrious and they're also taking over.
Since the 1980s China has built more skyscrapers, freeways, subways, bridges, airports, golf courses, hotels, stadia, malls, etc than any other nation. I wouldn't be surprised if the product of China's building boom is greater than that of the rest of the world combined.
The numbers are hard to believe. In the late 1970s there were less than 200 cities in China. Now that number is approaching 700. Ok some are towns that have been reclassified as cities but even the smallest of these is large by US and European standards.
In the UK we have 2 cities with populations over 1 million. In the US there are 9. In China it's a 102 and rising.
There are literally scores of cities that we've never heard of with populations higher than LA.
The icing on this extraordinary cake is that only around 38% of the Chinese population live in the cities as opposed to the US figure of around 81%. If China were to reach those percentages (they're heading that way). we'll be talking city populations in the billions.
Things are just getting started over there.
Aren't they the ones that supposedly had some sort of reproduction quotas in place?
SistaNoneYaBiz

London, KY

#114931 Oct 19, 2013
shut it wrote:
....if evolution is not true, and Adam and Eve are the original 2 beings that populated the earth...WHICH ONE WAS WHITE?...WHICH ONE WAS BLACK?...WHICH ONE WAS ASIAN?...WHICH ONE WAS INDIAN?...WHICH ONE WAS LATINO?
No one's disputing proven evolutionary scientific facts-which DO explain genetic adjustments to specific environmental aspects. However..it is NOT, absolutely NOT-the theory of "everything" INCLUDING, how life forms came into existence!!!!

Since: Feb 12

Roseville, CA

#114932 Oct 19, 2013
<quoted text>Every post you make...
Proves God true!
Thanks again!
I will call that and say every post your make shows God is not real.

Proves God does not exist!
Thanks again!

Roseville, CA

#114933 Oct 19, 2013
edit: you make

Roseville, CA

#114934 Oct 19, 2013
<quoted text>Those same people give to the needy, homeless, hungry...
You name it!
Your heart is not into helping others... most of that would end up in your own pockets...
Pointing to every Democrat that was caught in the act...
Hey, did they ever find the 67mil that the IRS lost, or the 3bil the demo's pork'd into the bill to re-open the government???
Evil is evil... and your side is evil!
No your side is evil.

Mitch McConnell gets nearly $3 billion for Kentucky dam project in congressional deal.

http://news.yahoo.com/congressional-deal-incl...

Roseville, CA

#114936 Oct 19, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Lies for Jesus, eh?
Christians always do that.
Right wing extremist Christians will lie to win a debate and post misinformation to make it look like science is a fraud and should be taught by bible thumping creationist in our schools. They love faux news.
ilike

Hyden, KY

#114940 Oct 19, 2013
concerned wrote:
The danger in teaching the Bible is that this book has the power to create faith even in an atheist. If it is allowed to be taught there is a strong possibility someone could be converted to Jesus Christ. Under the current world views is it possible to allow such a powerful tool for good to be taught in public schools and that before the young minds of the future?
your thinking and if the bible could be allowed to be a sub.in school and if it was teach right.but it takes anointed people to do that.in schools that would not happen.to many parents would be against it.and if it is tout wrong it can make big trouble.take notice back in the days in the 1800 .the faults doctrine the rapture theory took place a woman started that that she admitted she was under a spell of a evil spirit.lot the world today follow that doctrine and churches to.that was never teach before then.you can find this in a book called the great cover up.the woman that started it was from Scotland her name was Margret Mcdonald .

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

London, KY

#114941 Oct 19, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
This from the guy who lives in a predominantly Christian country that kills more people every year than the UK ever kills.
That's because after the US kicked the britts A$$'s out they sorta settled down a bit....... Before that the Brits were Global Killing Machines as any of their vast invaded and subjugated territories would attest to before the US fought back and led to nations around the globe standing against them over time.......

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#114942 Oct 19, 2013
<quoted text>Those same people give to the needy, homeless, hungry...
You name it!
Your heart is not into helping others... most of that would end up in your own pockets...
Pointing to every Democrat that was caught in the act...
Hey, did they ever find the 67mil that the IRS lost, or the 3bil the demo's pork'd into the bill to re-open the government???
Evil is evil... and your side is evil!
Straight from the Fox's mouth, huh, YaA?

Nottingham, UK

#114943 Oct 19, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>And you are still trying to hurt His people...
Go figure!
Actually, I'm not trying to hurt anyone.

Maybe if you believers crow-barred your minds out of the Dark Ages, you wouldn't take offence at science and secularism.

Nottingham, UK

#114944 Oct 19, 2013
<quoted text>No....
It's proof that satan can infiltrate, and try to destroy...
More Proof, God is real!
Just like your posts!
Thanks!
Well, Satan certainly fooled the god of the bible.

Roseville, CA

#114945 Oct 19, 2013
The Design of the Original Social Security Act

The new social insurance program the Committee on Economic Security (CES) was designing in 1934 was different than welfare in that it was a contributory program in which workers and their employers paid for the cost of the benefits--with the government's role being that of the fund's administrator, rather than its payer.

This was very important to President Roosevelt who signaled early on that he did not want the federal government to subsidize the program--that it was to be "self-supporting."

He would eventually observe: "If I have anything to say about it, it will always be contributed, both on the part of the employer and the employee, on a sound actuarial basis. It means no money out of the Treasury."

But some members of the CES did not understand "self-supporting" with quite the same purity as the President did. They saw no reason why general revenues could not be used-

http://www.ssa.gov/history/genrev.html

Nottingham, UK

#114946 Oct 19, 2013
<quoted text>Really stupid I guess!
You know not the truth, or just want to cause a stink...
I'll go with cause a stink!
Stink on... you will not change the Truth!
So it's the usual failure to refute.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#114947 Oct 19, 2013
Khubala wrote:
<quoted text>
Let us begin by correcting your assertions
Religious proclivity is your opinion and I do not assume Genesis is correct , I believe Genesis is correct.
As I read the Book of Genesis ,certain parts catch my undivided attention.
For example some claim that we were not created by God and are instead a product of the stars.
Their opinion is that were it not for star dust , we would not be here.
Science has determined ,within the last 50 years or so , that we were formed from stardust.
I agree with that conclusion.. I held that belief long before Science confirmed that we were formed from stardust.
Genesis clearly states that God formed Adam and Eve from the dust on the ground.
Generally speaking ,we tend to hold dirt in disdain. We refer to those we want to insult as dumber than dirt.
We refer to them as being nothing but dirt , you are nothing but dirt under my feet..
If it were true that man wrote the Bible without being guided by the spirit of God , then why did the writer specify something as lowly as dirt as the ingredients from which we are created.
One would think that the writers would concoct a story whereby this supposedly imaginary God would have created us from some special substance., not lowly dirt
Ultimately , Science confirms what the writers of the Bible , guided by God's spirit had already proclaimed.
He who created us could unequivocally state the name of the material or subsstance he used to create us, from the stardust on the ground., without fear of being proved wrong by Science or anyone else.
Those whom God created from the dust on the ground are known the world over as Adam and Eve.
Sadly the bible did not include a good timeline that matched with all the evidence. Do you believe god created stars then they blew up the next day in order to make the heavy elements needed for our dust?
I cannot understand why a god would explain his creation, and then leave out so much of the details to the point it sounds made up.
And just who did he tell?
And where in the bible does it say we came from stars?
Most of the Christians on this thread insist dirt and rock is not where life came from. I am not sure what version of the bible they subscribe to.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#114948 Oct 19, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>So was your science books...
But hey... overlook that too...
Thus one should not blindly believe them. Now why do you chose to blindly believe the bible?

Roseville, CA

#114949 Oct 19, 2013
The Design of the Original Social Security Act

Unlike military pensions and subsidized military disabilities the social security fund was not subsidized by the government but by individuals and companies and not money taking out the the treasury.

So when they say social security is a ponzi scheme it is clearly a right wing extremist view and a lie. It is a pay as you go annuity program.

The government decided that they would like to free load off this program and write IOU for the money owed to social security program. Now they dip into social security program to guarantee its future failure by funding anything and every thing.

I might add the disabled vets not only get disability compensation payments, pensions in addition to social security disability benefits.

http://www.ssa.gov/history/genrev.html

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#114950 Oct 19, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Debunked???
NO!
Only by a God hating idiot!
The "Man" that wrote your science books!
You do know it was more than one man who made for these laws of science, right? And I hope you understand that all do not hate god.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
state police 1 hr cops 9
lets go to florida 1 hr Hatti_Hollerand 146
Hello Gray, Kentucky 2 hr Maybe 16
Where's Arthur Vaughn? 2 hr Casey 1
Check drawers 4 hr TRUTH 17
Preacher Lonnie Jarvis 6 hr How About 2
Stephen trace 6 hr gator 2
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE