Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 151988 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Since: Feb 12

Rancho Cordova, CA

#114571 Oct 15, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>If you wish to call this a plan, fine, but I see it as leaving fifty million Americans without insurance.
The result of your team(republican)plan is a failure in my opinion.
Neither is right or wrong in any black and white sense. I just favor one over the other.
It appears that religious republicans are wanting to install a facist government in america.

Fourteen Defining
Characteristics Of Fascism
By Dr. Lawrence Britt

http://www.rense.com/general37/char.htm
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#114572 Oct 15, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, you haven't convinced me.
You're welcome to deny evolution. You're also welcome to tell us that the moon is made of cheese.
Meanwhile, the facts remain.
I do reject evolution , I reject the magic formula that nothing was able to create something out of nothing and that nonliving matter can spontaneously convert itself into living matter by accidental means.
None of which can be proven because it is all unmitigated nonsense.
That nonsense is adhered to by the few who have declared April 1st as a religious Holiday in their honor.
The moniker and location change fools no one.
A word to the nonwise; Be careful that you do not go into Sherwood Forest ,ere a band of Apes known as Robin Hood and his hairy Apes descend on you and pound some sense into your head.
I know we have locked horns before , you twit LOL
Canto e Loco

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#114573 Oct 15, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I do reject evolution , I reject the magic formula that nothing was able to create something out of nothing and that nonliving matter can spontaneously convert itself into living matter by accidental means.
None of which can be proven because it is all unmitigated nonsense.
That nonsense is adhered to by the few who have declared April 1st as a religious Holiday in their honor.
The moniker and location change fools no one.
A word to the nonwise; Be careful that you do not go into Sherwood Forest ,ere a band of Apes known as Robin Hood and his hairy Apes descend on you and pound some sense into your head.
I know we have locked horns before , you twit LOL
Canto e Loco
Evolution is not the claim of how life came to be. Lets try to at least understand that which you reject.
shut it

London, KY

#114574 Oct 15, 2013
Khubala wrote:
<quoted text>
What you have written sounds very good.
Unfortunately you did not take the time to explain how or what caused these events to materialize.
For example;
"sometime during our spawning from the earth",
"we grew bigger brains with a conscience and selfawareness".
...if the human species would have NOT developed intelligence, we would have never survived...it's survival of the fittest"
I also fail to see how the behaviour of ants has anything to do with human intelligence.
Are you saying that ants are as intelligent as humans?
It is true that the Jews claim to be the chosen people.
It is also true that the Authors of the Bible , being Jewish ,do not hesitate to condem the behaviour of their countrymen.
They do not fail to admit how their people failed to obey the commandments and statutes as specified in The Old Testament.
Their failures are unequivocally listed. The blame for those failures is placed exactly where it belongs.
It is part of their recorded history , which they did not attempt to minimize ,assign blame to others or deny.
...I'm not going to continue that conversation until you answer a question for me:

...of the two, Adam and Eve, which was white, which was black, which was Asian, which was Indian, which was Latino?

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#114575 Oct 15, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
An extraordinary claim requires extraordinary evidence.
YaA makes a statement, YaA needs to substantiate his statement. We let him skate way too often (probably through pity), but since Teabaggers don't believe in benevolence, it's even more fair to expect him to back up what he parrots.
I agree.

But its history is weak on being able to substantiate any statement.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#114576 Oct 15, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
You're absolutely right.
Why let facts/reason/logic trouble you when you believe there's an invisible sky pixie telling you what to think?
Although that doesn't mean I stop posting facts.
Agreed.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#114579 Oct 15, 2013
shut it wrote:
<quoted text>
...I'm not going to continue that conversation until you answer a question for me:
...of the two, Adam and Eve, which was white, which was black, which was Asian, which was Indian, which was Latino?
You do not need to continue this conversation on my account.
Whether you do or not is purely your choice.

I have read your question and found it amusing .

Let me tell you why.
I have no way of knowing the skin color of either one.

Insofar as to whether they were Indian , Asian or Latino;

As far as I can tell ,there were no Asians , Indians or Latinos
in existence at that time.

Assuming I am correct , the only thing I can tell you is that they were the first humans.

That sounds very much like a trick question.
Should I be expecting a trick reply?

Since: Feb 12

Rancho Cordova, CA

#114580 Oct 15, 2013
The super-string theory interpretation from A Theory of Everything? by Prof. Michio Kaku seems similar to Q's postulate.

http://p-i-a.com/Magazine/Issue6/Physics_6.ht...

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#114581 Oct 15, 2013
Khubala wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me tell you why.
Assuming I am correct , the only thing I can tell you is that they were the first humans.
You have no way of knowing they were the first humans, you simply believe what ancient men claimed thousands of years ago without question.
shut it

London, KY

#114582 Oct 15, 2013
Khubala wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me tell you why.
...if only those 2 were alive, how do you explain human diversity?

Location hidden

#114583 Oct 15, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>You have no way of knowing they were the first humans, you simply believe what ancient men claimed thousands of years ago without question.
The question that was asked of me by the poster Shutit, is as follows;

Your assertion that" I simply believe what ancient men claimed thousands of years ago without question" is an erroneous assumption on your part ,as you have no way of knowing what I believe or why I believe as I do.

Let me add that , you have no way of proving that Adam and Eve were not the first humans.

It could be that yours is the trick answer that I was expecting.

In some circles it is known as a bait and switch.

Location hidden

#114584 Oct 15, 2013
shut it wrote:
<quoted text>
...if only those 2 were alive, how do you explain human diversity?
If I remember correctly , I asked you several questions that remain unanswered.

We will not continue this conversation on your terms with you playing the role of the sole interrogator.

I do not play that game nor will I be conned into playing it.
shut it

London, KY

#114585 Oct 15, 2013
Khubala wrote:
<quoted text>
If I remember correctly , I asked you several questions that remain unanswered.
We will not continue this conversation on your terms with you playing the role of the sole interrogator.
I do not play that game nor will I be conned into playing it.
...1) evolution
...2) ants are smarter than some humans...some humans are born literally with no cerebellum...then there's some born with a cerebellum, but refuse to use it....and low and behold, some have the cerebellum, they think they use it, but they can't use it properly due to a virus, a mental virus (aka religion)
just

Wooton, KY

#114586 Oct 15, 2013
one little small question for all.what is nothing? if you answer this then you will have room to talk .but if you cant then shut up.
i think

Hyden, KY

#114587 Oct 15, 2013
just wrote:
one little small question for all.what is nothing? if you answer this then you will have room to talk .but if you cant then shut up.
nothing is..the absence of something..

Location hidden

#114588 Oct 15, 2013
shut it wrote:
<quoted text>
...1) evolution
...2) ants are smarter than some humans...some humans are born literally with no cerebellum...then there's some born with a cerebellum, but refuse to use it....and low and behold, some have the cerebellum, they think they use it, but they can't use it properly due to a virus, a mental virus (aka religion)
I must admit,
You did not disappoint.

I sensed early on that I was dealing with a buffoon.

The questions you asked and the answers you have provided are all the evidence I need to confirm my beliefs.

In your response you have provided a very accurate description of your intellectual disabilities AKA cerebral paralysis.
Now you can relax and glory in your ignorance.

Your tactics of bait and switch and attempts at double teaming
were very obvious.
Try starting an ant farm. You will learn much from them.
kNOWN fACT

Orlando, FL

#114589 Oct 15, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
So that when they get out of public high school that can go to college and not get thrown out for being stupid..... that would be my guess...
THANKS FOR YOUR RESPONSE.

Now I fully understand why God said, "Wisdom of the world is foolishness with God" 1 Corinthians 3:19

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#114592 Oct 15, 2013
i think wrote:
<quoted text> nothing is..the absence of something..
Like the god-shaped vacuum inside some believer's heads?

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#114593 Oct 15, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>
The fundies here explain nothing. They just divert. Pretty frustrating.
I guess that's because their entire worldview is based on a non-explanation.
shut it

London, KY

#114594 Oct 15, 2013
Khubala wrote:
<quoted text>
I must admit,
You did not disappoint.
I sensed early on that I was dealing with a buffoon.
The questions you asked and the answers you have provided are all the evidence I need to confirm my beliefs.
In your response you have provided a very accurate description of your intellectual disabilities AKA cerebral paralysis.
Now you can relax and glory in your ignorance.
Your tactics of bait and switch and attempts at double teaming
were very obvious.
Try starting an ant farm. You will learn much from them.
...buffoon?
In college, I got an A in my Anatomy and Physiology, an A in Old Testament and an A in the New Testament courses....I could debate with you on a respectable level, but I refuse. I will never understand how religious types have the conceit to believe that their perception of reality is better than the great mind of say: Albert Einstein, Steven Hawkins, Bill Gates, Alan Turing, Neil deGrasse Tyson, Richard Dawkins, Thomas Edison, exc...IT'S JUST OFFENSIVE, to KNOW that 90% of Christians have never read their bible!...and the 10% that do read it, only read what they want or misinterpret the original meanings.
...I'm very secure in my beliefs...I KNOW all about those cannons found in those caves...and I also KNOW all about those cells reproducing through mitoses and those cells leaving carbon as they die.
...buffoon?...I could call you names, but naw....that would take getting down to your level....it's not your fault.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Save a lot 15 min monkey meat 12
Grand Jury indicts Dexter Smith for perjury 43 min Barb 25
Education 1 hr truth 21
I guess it's really over 1 hr Gold digger 2
Poor Anjee 4 hr Sad 2
Annual east 80 sale in london ky 5 hr Concerned 1
Will someone loan me $6000? (Apr '11) 6 hr well 41
Who will be the next Knox Co. Judge Exec.? 12 hr Ricky 57

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web