Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments (Page 5,454)

Showing posts 109,061 - 109,080 of127,865
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Sep 13

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
NOBEL PRIZE WINNERS AND GOD
______
edited for space..Before proceeding, let’s define our terms. An atheist is someone who doesn’t believe in
God and &#8260; or finds the very concept of God meaningless or incoherent (Baggini 2003). An
agnostic is someone who is unsure or undecided about the existence of God, or who believes that there are certain matters – such as existence of a God – that are beyond the scope of human knowledge and comprehension (Eller 2005). Other terms commonly associated with atheist &#8260; agnostic include ‘‘freethinker’’‘‘humanist,’’ and ‘‘skeptic’’(Pasquale 2009). A secular person is someone who is non-religious, irreligious, or generally uninterested
in, indifferent to, or oblivious to religious beliefs, activities, and organizations (Kosmin 2007). Finally, a none refers to someone who, when asked in a survey what his or her religions is, stated ‘‘none.’’ Of course, things can be messy. For instance, someone can be secular and yet not be an atheist, such as an individual who never attends religious services or activities, doesn’t describe herself as religious, and yet still believes in something she would refer to as God (Shibley 2004). Or a person can be religious while also being an atheist; there are many
religious traditions – particularly in the East – that don’t contain a specific belief in God (Eller 2007; Martin 2007), and for many other people, belief in God is largely absent
from their idiosyncratic religious identities (McGuire 2008; Casebolt and Niekro 2005
Known Fact

Kissimmee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Judged:

stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text> You and Known Fact are both clueless. The post above proves it.
How about the actual Headlines..{Global Post} Higgs and Englert win Nobel for work on the Higgs Boson particle.
So much for your imaginary headlines!
Flipping Moronic Dolt.
Please do not compare" Curious" with me "Known Fact" we are not in the same category.
Known Fact

Kissimmee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Judged:

An Old Friend wrote:
<quoted text>
If you go to biased sources for your information you would be guilty of going to the Pharisees to hear false accusations against Jesus. I asked for proof not hearsay!
I was baptized in 1972 and I can speak for myself I was never told that the end would come in 1975! I know for myself that I do not follow any man. Psalms 146:3,4 Do not put YOUR trust in nobles,
Nor in the son of earthling man, to whom no salvation belongs.
4 His spirit goes out, he goes back to his ground;
In that day his thoughts do perish.
5 Happy is the one who has the God of Jacob for his help,
Whose hope is in Jehovah his God,
Jesus was not the founder of Jehovah's Witnesses! He was one of Jehovah's Witnesses Revelation 1:5 Jesus Christ,“the Faithful Witness,”“The firstborn from the dead,”
I want to apologize: I posted on another thread as "An Old Friend" and forgot to change it when responding to you "Stuck in a lodi".
I'm sorry if you concluded that I was trying to have you believe someone else was responding to you---It was I "Known Fact"
Known Fact

Kissimmee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Judged:

"stuck in a lodi",
Able was the first Jehovah's Witness and there is a long list of them recorded at Hebrews 11:4-32
We know they were all Jehovah's Witnesses because they were all before Jesus so by necessity they were Jehovah's Witnesses-see Hebrews 12:1,2

You are correct Charles Taze Russell was the founder of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society but Jehovah's Witnesses goes way back long before Russell.

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Judged:

stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text> I knew you would answer with Jesus being the founder of true religion. I see you have been schooled on how to answer, never the less, it's still wrong.
Jesus Christ is not the founder of Jehovah's Witness.
Charles Russell was, are you denying this?
1.If the organization did not actually prophesy the end in 1925 and 1975, then how come so many Witnesses left the faith immediately afterwards?("They lost roughly three-quarters of the movement between 1925 and 1928, then suffered huge losses after 1975, when the end didn't come as they had implied over and over again," said Jim Penton, an ex-Witness
Are you going to deny this too?
An Old Friend wrote:
<quoted text>
If you go to biased sources for your information you would be guilty of going to the Pharisees to hear false accusations against Jesus. I asked for proof not hearsay!
I was baptized in 1972 and I can speak for myself I was never told that the end would come in 1975! I know for myself that I do not follow any man. Psalms 146:3,4 Do not put YOUR trust in nobles,
Nor in the son of earthling man, to whom no salvation belongs.
4 His spirit goes out, he goes back to his ground;
In that day his thoughts do perish.
5 Happy is the one who has the God of Jacob for his help,
Whose hope is in Jehovah his God,
Jesus was not the founder of Jehovah's Witnesses! He was one of Jehovah's Witnesses Revelation 1:5 Jesus Christ,“the Faithful Witness,”“The firstborn from the dead,”
Well now KF.... pretty sure we've established jesus was not the founder of JW..
This is not a bias site.. this is documented evidence that is available for anyone to access.
Perhaps you need to do more research concerning the History of the 'Cult' in which you are a member of.
It's hard to believe that with all the overwhelming evidence proving the false doctrine that JW proclaim, you would be defending their actions.
Known Fact

Kissimmee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Judged:

stuck in a lodi wrote:
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text> I knew you would answer with Jesus being the founder of true religion. I see you have been schooled on how to answer, never the less, it's still wrong.
Jesus Christ is not the founder of Jehovah's Witness.
Charles Russell was, are you denying this?
1.If the organization did not actually prophesy the end in 1925 and 1975, then how come so many Witnesses left the faith immediately afterwards?("They lost roughly three-quarters of the movement between 1925 and 1928, then suffered huge losses after 1975, when the end didn't come as they had implied over and over again," said Jim Penton, an ex-Witness
Are you going to deny this too?
<quoted text>
Well now KF.... pretty sure we've established jesus was not the founder of JW..
This is not a bias site.. this is documented evidence that is available for anyone to access.
Perhaps you need to do more research concerning the History of the 'Cult' in which you are a member of.
It's hard to believe that with all the overwhelming evidence proving the false doctrine that JW proclaim, you would be defending their actions.
It is hard for me to believe you would copy your founder by making false statements and parade them around as if they are the truth! Not surprised.
I don't have time to continue to respond to an opposed person. It is evident you are not looking for the truth only to try to find fault is your motive.
May I ask, what has Jehovah's Witnesses done to you personally to make you so bitter at us?

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
It is hard for me to believe you would copy your founder by making false statements and parade them around as if they are the truth! Not surprised.
I don't have time to continue to respond to an opposed person. It is evident you are not looking for the truth only to try to find fault is your motive.
May I ask, what has Jehovah's Witnesses done to you personally to make you so bitter at us?
I'm opposed to anyone who states something as fact, yet cannot demonstrate.
I will be glad to continue this debate when you are armed with proof of that which you post!

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Judged:

Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you be more specific...Who is 'my' founder [as you posted about]and what false statements am I parading around as truth? In case you missed it, I have No Founder as I have stated on numerous occasions. I do not follow any 'religion' any 'denomination' or any 'cult'
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Judged:

Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope the Pope never claimed to be Jesus. It is Sun Myung Moon.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_c...
Jesus said many will come in His Name...
Wait for it!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So religion created what I am? So you should be cool with that, right?
Seems really strange that god would allow his word to be changed and no one knew for a thousand years. It is as if god has zero control. It is as if he does not exist. It is as if religion was created by man.
"no one knew for a thousand years"...
Really?
I thought you read it...
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
Just so you guys don't try to claim I am taking something out of context.
Moses orders the murders for the sole reason of worshiping a golden calf.
Far from having freedom to worship, this tyrant executes anyone who disputes his claims.
America was not founded upon the values of the bible.
"America was not founded upon the values of the bible"
We cannot fix your stupid...
Believe whatever you want...
We know the truth!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Judged:

Known Fact wrote:
Even governments can give the death penalty to vile criminals and it is not considered murder---but when the ruler of the universe does---you want to twist it around to make God out to be a murderer!
Stepping on an Ant...
means little.
Killing a homeless person, a bit more...
Killing a cop... much more...
Crimes against God... Watch out!
Thank God He is patient!
Amen!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact is that "God Himself" is not Jackson, Maier, Price, Parton, Kloha or YaA.
And I have watched it. The whole thing - months and months ago. We already had discussion of "The Bible on Trial". What makes you think I'd want to revisit that lopsided slag of propaganda? I understand why as a Christian you think it's the bomb. To anyone else (who might expect even a nod toward impartial accuracy) it simply bombs.
BTW, you can't watch it from your link, but it is on youtube in all of it's choral backed, cathedral painting studded, innuendoed, twisted glory. If it was truly a "trial", the judge would have thrown the presenters out on their a's for leading the jury as soon as they finished their first sentences.
The point of me telling you to search for more evidence, was for you to find
that you're wrong about it's validity!
There is MORE 1'st century manuscripts for the NT, and the Bible as a whole, that there is no way for it all to be corrupted by
the Catholic Church!
That was the basis for the reformation!
And I am here to tell you... God is real!
He saved me, and proved Himself to me, and MANY, MANY others!
When the end comes, and it will... NONE will have an excuse!
All who call on the Name of the Lord... will be saved!

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
The ones to worry about are your leftist friends that already know where you live.....
Nah, I didn't tell them where I moved to. The only neighbors I have to worry about right now are crazy drivers and the homeowners association.

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Judged:

stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text> I'm opposed to anyone who states something as fact, yet cannot demonstrate.
I will be glad to continue this debate when you are armed with proof of that which you post!
Didn't you know that a saline drip is a completely adequate replacement for whole blood and/or plasma?

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>The point of me telling you to search for more evidence, was for you to find
that you're wrong about it's validity!
There is MORE 1'st century manuscripts for the NT, and the Bible as a whole, that there is no way for it all to be corrupted by
the Catholic Church!
That was the basis for the reformation!
And I am here to tell you... God is real!
He saved me, and proved Himself to me, and MANY, MANY others!
When the end comes, and it will... NONE will have an excuse!
All who call on the Name of the Lord... will be saved!
What whack job led you to think that the reformation was caused by the Apocrypha?
YaA, the only evidence you search for is to validate your beliefs and >feelings<, not to illuminate them.

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>"America was not founded upon the values of the bible"
We cannot fix your stupid...
Believe whatever you want...
We know the truth!
America was founded on the principles that arose through the enlightenment, neoclassicism and (arguably) the Masons.
Your brand of stup... erstitious was prevalent during the Black Plague.

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Stepping on an Ant...
means little.
Killing a homeless person, a bit more...
Killing a cop... much more...
Crimes against God... Watch out!
Thank God He is patient!
Amen!
Killing a homeless person means only "a bit more" than stepping on an ant?
You are sick.

And killing a cop is "much more" than killing a homeless person?
Why? Because a cop is providing a service to society and the homeless person is not?

Well, then why is abortion wrong? A fetus is providing no service either.

Sure, someday it might. But then again, so might that homeless person.

You can't have it both ways.
Morning Star

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

stuck in a lodi wrote:
Since its very inception, the Watchtower has made false prophecies about the end of the world. Predicting the end in one form or another for the years 1914, 1918, 1925, 1975 and 1989
Are you going to deny this?
They didn't say 1989, that was actually the year I was baptized in. They had learned their lesson after the 75 false prophesy so they made a general prediction. That's when they came up with "this generation" crap. If you were alive in 1914 then the end would come before that generation passed away. They of course changed the definition of generation all the time, making it longer and longer. Now they dropped that and I think I heard rumors of 120 years after 1914, still screaming any day now.

The JWs are a joke, just like that poster Known Crap who just copy/paste things.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Known Fact wrote:
Even governments can give the death penalty to vile criminals and it is not considered murder---but when the ruler of the universe does---you want to twist it around to make God out to be a murderer!
So you are claiming worship of a gold object, a vile crime? So you must be defending the murders Moses ordered? Then I say you are most immoral of a person. You do not know morality, you just obey orders like a soldier. I am sure the 9/11 hijackers were as blindly obedient as you and could not think for themselves, just as you cannot.
BTW, I disagree with the death penalty in America. I consider it a state sponsored murder. I know many who think this way, so you are far off from the facts of capital punishment. Typically republicans are for it, and Democrats are against it.
Are you for it? Do you think the death penalty should be instituted for those who worship golden calves?
Not that I expect any straight answers to any of these questions.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 109,061 - 109,080 of127,865
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

55 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
shelia brown (May '12) 14 min Wow 11
trail camera 19 min stephanie 14
free phones for anybody that gets food stamps o... 27 min dipchit 3
New mayor and City council raise waterpark ... 30 min thunker 17
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 hr RepubliTRASH 144,688
Do people still cruise the strip on weekends? 2 hr gator 12
Big chicken 2 hr gator 9
patrick baker arrested for donald mills murder 6 hr FarePrey 372
KC Basketball Coach 21 hr breaking news 49
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••