Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 148905 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Since: Feb 12

Rancho Cordova, CA

#114424 Oct 12, 2013
It is no longer a question of how or why Republicans are imposing corporatism and theocratic laws on the American people, but when they will finally transform this once democratic nation into a fascist state under authority of plutocrats and theocrats.

The bad news is that America is one election away from total dominance by the Koch brothers billionaire club and religious extremists on the verge of replacing the Constitution with the bible and Milton Freidman’s manifesto “Capitalism and Freedom.”

http://www.politicususa.com/2013/06/30/americ...
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

#114426 Oct 13, 2013
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes one heretical teaching worse than others? Can you list which religious organizations that have heretical teachings other than Catholics?
All that don't preach "Grace alone, Faith alone, in Christ alone"!
Grace is a Gift from God, and any that says you "have" to work to get it, is heretical!
ie. you do your best, and Jesus does the rest....
Jesus did it ALL on the Cross!
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

#114427 Oct 13, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, you mean that threat that you can never show is real?
Dude, your boogie man story does not scare me. It is a hoax.
When Muslims say you must believe Mohammed or else you go to hell,does this scare you? Take this outsiders test.
You forget.... again...
I WAS the outsider....
Then I was saved!
You are deceived by satan... God is real!
You can either be His friend, or enemy...
YOUR Choice!

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#114429 Oct 13, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Again you err . one of your heroes SP confessed to having used multiple monikers on the harlan forum.
There has been a pattern to the postings on this thread that certainly points to someone changing monikers within minutes of posting among other evidence that I have provided.
What can be considered a lie was your assertion that I had stated that the finding of my dog was a miracle . I never made that claim and you nevedr provided evidence to support that claim.
Needless to say , I addressed it once or maybe twice and then dismissed it for what it was NON SENSE.
You guys are the ones that won't let go of the moniker issue.
You keep beating a dead horse even after I have declared it dead.
Anyhow , I get the distinct impression that Witchinthewoods assetion that"We are here to annoy " is accurate and to the point.
If I may add ...Possibly you are also here to agitate and create dissension and unrest.
You never see me post hatred of the Bible and Christians the way that SP did, but then I've never had anyone threaten to pour gasoline on my wife and light her on fire, either. He was banned months ago and there simply is no logical evidence or logically derived deduction that any registered user is playing multiple moniker mayhem.
You introduced the dog story to indicate that God manifested a sign when you were distraught and seeking. Definitively, that qualifies as "a surprising and welcome event that is not explicable by natural or scientific laws and is therefore considered to be the work of a divine agency." My best guess is that you probably took too long writing it on the first try and the window timed out - but you jumped and ranted and blamed some other poster for deleting it. You've been pointing and shaking fingers almost from day one of your participation.
I have stated and I maintain that I started posting here in opposition to indoctrination of children to (a) theology via the public schools. When the dialog degenerates beyond (or below) dissension, it takes two to tango, Bonzo. Don't complain about some litter on my sidewalk when the chances are better than even that it blew there from your side of the street.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#114430 Oct 13, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Again you err . one of your heroes SP confessed to having used multiple monikers on the harlan forum.
There has been a pattern to the postings on this thread that certainly points to someone changing monikers within minutes of posting among other evidence that I have provided.
What can be considered a lie was your assertion that I had stated that the finding of my dog was a miracle . I never made that claim and you nevedr provided evidence to support that claim.
Needless to say , I addressed it once or maybe twice and then dismissed it for what it was NON SENSE.
You guys are the ones that won't let go of the moniker issue.
You keep beating a dead horse even after I have declared it dead.
Anyhow , I get the distinct impression that Witchinthewoods assetion that"We are here to annoy " is accurate and to the point.
If I may add ...Possibly you are also here to agitate and create dissension and unrest.
Obsess much?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#114431 Oct 13, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>You forget.... again...
I WAS the outsider....I was saved!
You are deceived by satan... God is real!
You an either be His friend, or enemy...
YOUR Choice!
Not so sure you were ever really an outsider. Did you ever actually not believe in a god?
Looking at your story, I think you were just a Christian who did not follow the rules of the dictator you believe exists.
You simply realized through experience that bad behavior is not conducive to happiness. No god lead you to this conclusion.

Now what does your experience teach you about being afraid of Mohammed's word?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#114432 Oct 13, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>All that don't preach "Grace alone, Faith alone, in Christ alone"!
Grace is a Gift from God, and any that says you "have" to work to get it, is heretical!
ie. you do your best, and Jesus does the rest....
Jesus did it ALL on the Cross!
In other words, you refuse to answer the question.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#114433 Oct 13, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>In other words, you refuse to answer the question.
Nope. In other words he refuses to question. Period. That would involve facts and evidence, critical thinking, logic, objectivity - and who knows what >other< heretical sins THOSE might lead to?

Rancho Cordova, CA

#114437 Oct 13, 2013

Rancho Cordova, CA

#114439 Oct 13, 2013
Political Nation

Peter king republican New York says today he and other republicans will attempt to break John Boehner and 24 fundie radicals republicans that is controlling Boehner and that is holding America hostage on debt limit.

Will see.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#114440 Oct 13, 2013
Spaceship earth wrote:
Political Nation
Peter king republican New York says today he and other republicans will attempt to break John Boehner and 24 fundie radicals republicans that is controlling Boehner and that is holding America hostage on debt limit.
Will see.
Boehner should have figured out years ago that there is a distinct difference between "for right thing" and "far right wing", but we know he's not the sharpest tack in the pack.(and to the neocons, no - I'm not saying that his counterparts have shown a whole lot to brag about, either.)

Rancho Cordova, CA

#114441 Oct 13, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Boehner should have figured out years ago that there is a distinct difference between "for right thing" and "far right wing", but we know he's not the sharpest tack in the pack.(and to the neocons, no - I'm not saying that his counterparts have shown a whole lot to brag about, either.)
He's cracking under the pressure?

The daughter of House Speaker John Boehner has tied the knot with her Jamaican-born love in an intimate sunset ceremony set amid a lush Florida garden.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-23240...
Follow us:@MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#114442 Oct 13, 2013
I like bible, Torah and Koran study in public schools.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#114443 Oct 13, 2013
mantle wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that you are not chickenshit as you belong to that branch of the Mensa organization known as Excrement Craniums.
Let me repeat;
The Atheists that post on this thread have made it abundantly clear they
\a) Do not believe there is a God
b) That the Bible is composed of fables invented by Goatherders
c) That the Exodus never occured , that Moses is a mythical figure
Given that those are the tenets of your faith , then it is a farce and totally illogical to then claim that God , whom you do not believe exists is guilty of ordering or committing murder.
If Moses did not exist , then he is not a tyrant ,nor did he murder anyone.,as you erroneously claim , based on your misinterpretation of scripture.
Your problem seems to emanate from the relationship you had with your parents , specifically , your father.
Many renowned Atheists seem to have been afflicted by that problem.
You may want to read the articles written by Psychologist Paul C. Vitz , himself a former Atheist.
You believe it was a moral story, billions like yourself do. This is a problem in our society. Run from the debate in order to keep in denial, chicken shit. You have no curiosity for other ideas.

Rancho Cordova, CA

#114445 Oct 13, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
I like bible, Torah and Koran study in public schools.
That's hilarious.
Known Fact

Orlando, FL

#114447 Oct 13, 2013
I have questions for all of you evolution pushing persons on here:
Can you explain now that evolution can be taught in the public school system what or how is this supposed to benefit the student?
I await your answers!

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

Manchester, KY

#114448 Oct 13, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
I have questions for all of you evolution pushing persons on here:
Can you explain now that evolution can be taught in the public school system what or how is this supposed to benefit the student?
I await your answers!
So that when they get out of public high school that can go to college and not get thrown out for being stupid..... that would be my guess...
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

#114451 Oct 14, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, Q has the same political philosophy as the fundies here.
You need not use the word "liar" to be accusing someone of lying.
Yes, the issue you keep harming on is unimportant. It should have been ignored, but you insisted on focusing on it over all other issues.
That's funny...
Lib/Dems are like multiple shopping carts with different defects!
One, the caster wobbles, cannot see the harm in Obamacare!
Second, the wheel does that "Thump, thump, thump", cannot see the evil in abortions!
Third, the wheel stops dead, and then starts again, cannot see the wrong in whoring around!
Fourth, the cart keeps turning left, cannot see the evil in sex with animals!
Each of you has some good features, but you all still hang together, afraid that those you share flaws with might just point them out, but hate those that leave the flaws, and grab the Good carts!
Get your wheels fixed!
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

#114452 Oct 14, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I am just giving my opinion of Moses. How is that evil?
You just say crap that has zero logic.
How can I speak logic to someone without the ability to understand, or
speak caring to someone without a heart?
You spend way too much time Proving our God exists, and
what He said to be True!
But cannot understand it yourself???
I guess that's Libralism for ya!
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

#114453 Oct 14, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Kind of splitting hairs with that cross thing. Graven images are symbols.
Golden calves were symbols of the god. Moses murdered people over this.
Guess you did not make a covenant so you have the OJ loophole.
The Preaching of the Cross is
foolishness to those that Perish!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barbourville Venders Mall 51 min november 9
chinese restaurant RUDE 1 hr scary 12
Anyone seen Kilgore fight ? 2 hr Very funny 10
Liquor License to locals only 2 hr governor 14
Places for rent.. 2 hr thanks 1
tara 2 hr kcb 8
Beating knox drug court drug tests ! 3 hr fyi 22
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages