Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments (Page 5,447)

Showing posts 108,921 - 108,940 of128,468
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Sep 13

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So just what is our MO? Seems all the religious here have the same MO. Does that mean they are all just one person, or maybe they just have similar philosophical views?
Again, if someone can change their writing style on cue like this, they are very talented.
I know you change your name once in a while because the style is unmistakable. Sista does it also. I note you both do not deny doing it. So tell me, just what purpose does it serve to change your name?
I stand by name. This is why I registered.
Honestly, it's quite amusing to see Dick (curious) spin himself into a state of total confusion. I actually thought he was above playing all these child-like games but I stand corrected. He's constantly posting comments of other's mental state , when in reality he is actually showing signs of a complete mental collapse.
He's constantly accusing other's of using several Monikers, when in reality he and sista have done so on numerous occasions.
It's odd.... Crom, Q, Witw, myself, and you Mike along with Space are all registered....yet YaY, Curious, Sista , Known Fact are not!

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I have figured out your MO.It would be foolish for me to reveal to you how I accomplished that feat.
It falls on you to figure out what you are doing wrong and correcting it.
it's called "hiding your tracks".
"Clueless" doesn't begin to describe you.
You've got some serious paranoia issues, honey.

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text> Honestly, it's quite amusing to see Dick (curious) spin himself into a state of total confusion. I actually thought he was above playing all these child-like games but I stand corrected. He's constantly posting comments of other's mental state , when in reality he is actually showing signs of a complete mental collapse.
He's constantly accusing other's of using several Monikers, when in reality he and sista have done so on numerous occasions.
It's odd.... Crom, Q, Witw, myself, and you Mike along with Space are all registered....yet YaY, Curious, Sista , Known Fact are not!
Some people are honest and don't hide behind multiple names.

Then there is Yaa, curious, Sista and Known Fact...who, because THEY lie, expect it in others.

I have noticed that curious is starting to sound more and more like Sista, who, in turn is sounding more like Yaa. It's a downward spiral.

KFact though... he just keeps cut and pasting. He sounds like no one.

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

^^^^^...like no one. Not even a real person.

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for the compliment. Your not so bad yourself at the debating thing.
I recall liking the debate as a Mormon teen. It often frustrated me when my claims had no evidence to back me up. So I guess in my quest for evidence I found truth. The truth is, religion is man made.
I had a girlfriend who decorated peoples houses for extra money on the holidays. The holiday is a cash cow.
Heheheee... "cash cow."
Hadn't thought of that. You are absolutely right.
Without Xmas, the American economy would be in big trouble.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Judged:

stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text> Honestly, it's quite amusing to see Dick (curious) spin himself into a state of total confusion. I actually thought he was above playing all these child-like games but I stand corrected. He's constantly posting comments of other's mental state , when in reality he is actually showing signs of a complete mental collapse.
Don't get me wrong . That you 2 or 3 atheists are posting under different monikers ,is not illegal.
Like I've said before , it is an effort on your behalf , to make it appear to be more of you than there really are.
Now , myself , yaa , Sista and Known fact ARE not registered , therefore unable to hide our locations.
As I understand it , based on something one of the participants of the Harlan forum ,rawtruth , posted , one can only hide their location by registering .
One can also register in more than one name , or so I was informed.
let me give you an example of your attempts to mislead.
Lodi posts out of Somerset , Kentucky , before he hid his location.
Now we have IDK and kejgkejgqggggbeq posting out of Somerset Kentucky , this, right after Lodi hid his location.
Generally , when you hide your location , it's because you have something to hide.
Now , who are those who hide their location on this forum?
Need I mention names ?
Again , I do not consider it illegal or immoral . It is an attempt to give the appearance of superior numbers.
I don't have a problem with that .
I brought it up as a topic of discussion.
Now that I have proven my point , I can honestly say " I am who I am , not who you think I am.
When I played softball , I loved to steal second base , then I'd feel guilty and go back to first.

If you are descended from apes chimpanzees , then you are a monkey's uncle

Elementary my dear Watson , elementary

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't get me wrong . That you 2 or 3 atheists are posting under different monikers ,is not illegal.
Like I've said before , it is an effort on your behalf , to make it appear to be more of you than there really are.
Now , myself , yaa , Sista and Known fact ARE not registered , therefore unable to hide our locations.
As I understand it , based on something one of the participants of the Harlan forum ,rawtruth , posted , one can only hide their location by registering .
Now we have IDK and kejgkejgqggggbeq posting out of Somerset Kentucky , this, right after Lodi hid his location.
Generally , when you hide your location , it's because you have something to hide.
Need I mention names ?
Again , I do not consider it illegal or immoral . It is an attempt to give the appearance of superior numbers.
Now that I have proven my point , I can honestly say " I am who I am , not who you think I am.
When I played softball , I loved to steal second base , then I'd feel guilty and go back to first.
you're an idiot
<quoted text>
Are you now accusing me of being this Kej Person? Well that makes it official, I am Everyone!
You might want to go back and look at your own comments addressed to me. Those where you stated my location was in Pikeville, yet now , you are saying it was listed as Somerset, Ky to prop up your argument.
<quoted text>
I can honestly say " I am who I am , not who you think I am.
Here's a quarter, call someone who actually cares!

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Well , I answered the question posed to him because the fact that you keep asking the same misguided question by taking the event in question out of context is beginning to ANNOY ME.
In effect , you are begining to fulfill the Atheist objective , as
described by Witchetty , to annoy those who participate on this forum.
BTW I researched the spelling of your name in Spanish;
here is what I came up with
Duquette = DonQuixote
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Well , I answered the question posed to him because the fact that you keep asking the same misguided question by taking the event in question out of context is beginning to ANNOY ME
So you can respond to a comment addressed to someone else w/out being accused of being that person, but no one else can? There's that double standard again.

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Need I mention names ?
You have the uncanny ability to post utter nonsense and expect everyone to accept it as fact.
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
it is an effort on your behalf , to make it appear to be more of you than there really are.
Apparently you do have a problem with it, because you've been harping on it since I joined this thread months ago. It's time you accept the fact that more and more people are waking up from their somber sleep.
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
We knew you were an idiot, no need to show examples!

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
It is an attempt to give the appearance of superior numbers.
You think we go to the trouble of lying and trying to pretend to be someone else to impress YOU with our numbers?
Like that was important? Really?

It wouldn't matter to any of us if we were the only atheist on this forum.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

kkkurious wrote:
<quoted text>
It is amazing how you Atheists make ujp stories in order to justify your unbelief.
What is amazing is that you don't detect your own rash bigotry and the irrationality of your allegations.
kkkurious wrote:
<quoted text>
Chro makes up a story about taking his car to be fuxrd by someone who included a crucifix and some Christian staement in his advertising. He supposedly got ripped off for $2500.00
Knowing that ,why did he take his car there in the first place.
I made up a story? Prove it. WitW, MD, plus anyone and everyone else who corrects you and/or admonishes your duplicity is lying? Prove it.
"Thou shalt not bear false witness against they neighbor." All Kkkurious demonstrates is that Atheists not only have a better understanding of the Bible than "Christians", they're more likely to implement its spiritual principles.

$2400, not $2500. Trust a banker not to get the numbers right. I took the car to a transmission shop because the transmission was busted. Yeah, I know - weird behavior, ain't it? Maybe I was drunk on sacramental wine I pilfered from a church storeroom or was on some kind of atheist drug. 0.o
The advertising had no crucifix or statement. It had an icthys. Old man Grimes said "Yup, I get a lot of these Caravans. They keep making the transmissions lighter to get better mileage and cheaper to save money, They just don't last." Well, he was right. 2 more breakdowns in a month after getting it back.
Now I suppose the guy who maintains that 'the Creator of All Space and Time answered his lost dog ad' will imply that I've never even owned a Caravan...
Of course, everyone is aware that's just part of your game of diversion you think is clever (because you have precious little else to contribute)- and just as your prejudiced little blame game of "Atheists are______" is nothing but your irrational fears manifesting themselves.

Since: Feb 12

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Now , myself , yaa , Sista and Known fact ARE not registered ,
I see you're trolling again. Gave up on preaching?

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you're trolling again. Gave up on preaching?
How can you tell the difference between when he's trolling and when he's preaching? Delusions, dishonesty and vitriol... They seem exactly the same to me.

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you tell the difference between when he's trolling and when he's preaching? Delusions, dishonesty and vitriol... They seem exactly the same to me.
Good point, I should have said his sorry preaching. You know, "God is real and you'll be sorry you didn't get to know him." He's thinks he is Sherlock Holmes the master "troll" detective. Curious is trolling the line until Watson "YAA,KF,sisTIC shows up.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Known Fact wrote:
It is in him that all the fullness of the divine quality dwells bodily.”(Col. 1:19; 2:9) Having been with his heavenly Father for aeons of time, Jesus knows better than anyone else the personality and will of God. Throughout his earthly ministry, Jesus taught others what his Father had taught him and reflected in his actions the qualities that his Father had nurtured in him. That is why Jesus could say:“He that has seen me has seen the Father also.”(John 14:9) All the wisdom and knowledge of God are hidden, or are dwelling, in Christ, and there is no better way for us to learn about Jehovah than by carefully learning all that we can about Jesus.
I see you're still avoiding me on the question of Moses the mass murderer. Are you awaiting the official church response first?
Do you feel it was just and moral to have those who worshiped what they wished, killed?

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Many superstitions feel you gain the powers of a person by eating his flesh and drinking his blood. Christians symbolically do this every Sunday. Catholics consider the sacrament actual flesh and blood of Jesus. They worry someone will take the cracker(flesh of Jesus)and perform satanic rituals with it.
Why we must consider this a same act, I cannot understand.
Correction, should be (sane) not same. Why do we (not I) consider symbolically drinking a mans blood and eating his flesh sane?

Does one need to be a detective like Sherlock Holmes to figure out this was just a tradition stolen from cannibal pagans?
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
You think we go to the trouble of lying and trying to pretend to be someone else to impress YOU with our numbers?
Like that was important? Really?
It wouldn't matter to any of us if we were the only atheist on this forum.
I made my allegations based on circumstantial evidence that I was able to glean from the postings on this thread.

Now , you all can let me know why one would register and hide their location. What is the purpose of hiding your location?
As I understand it , one's location is not hidden automatically.
One can choose to disclose their location or keep it secret.
If you wanted to prove me wrong , all you have to do is ,disclose your location.
I don't hide mine . you all know where I post from.
The fact that one of the former participants denied using more than one hidden moniker and ultimately admitting to having used 6 hidden monikers only adds fuel to the fire.
Having said that , you are all making a mountain out of a molehill.
To hide your monokers and post under different monikers is neither illegal or immoral.
At least not to my knowledge.
I brought it up as a topic of discussion and did not believe it would raise such a ruckus.
So , you may choose to disclose your location, or you may choose not to.

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I see you're still avoiding me on the question of Moses the mass murderer. Are you awaiting the official church response first?
Do you feel it was just and moral to have those who worshiped what they wished, killed?
Known Fact is biting his/her fingers nails like a sissy waiting for his pastor to call him back with the answer. If he/she has no answer the pastor will quote a scripture saying "don't give what is holy to dogs."

I posted one earlier about the blood transfusions showing how JW' take blood and topix deleted it. To bad, not sure why it was deleted.

God is mad like a spurned jealous lover and wait to kill them all.

Ex 32:9-14:
Gods bark was worse than his bite. Moses talks God out of his sadistic killing of the pagan worshiping Israelites. Then Moses decides he we do the killing himself and Give God the credit.

Numbers 12:1
No God to stay Moses hand. After all that killing Moses marries a pagan women. Every thing Moses told Israelite not to do he did.

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

edit: Then Moses decides he will do the killing himself.

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I made my allegations based on circumstantial evidence that I was able to glean from the postings on this thread.
Now , you all can let me know why one would register and hide their location. What is the purpose of hiding your location?
As I understand it , one's location is not hidden automatically.
One can choose to disclose their location or keep it secret.
If you wanted to prove me wrong , all you have to do is ,disclose your location.
I don't hide mine . you all know where I post from.
The fact that one of the former participants denied using more than one hidden moniker and ultimately admitting to having used 6 hidden monikers only adds fuel to the fire.
Having said that , you are all making a mountain out of a molehill.
To hide your monokers and post under different monikers is neither illegal or immoral.
At least not to my knowledge.
I brought it up as a topic of discussion and did not believe it would raise such a ruckus.
So , you may choose to disclose your location, or you may choose not to.
The Christians like to have secrets. Take a look at the list.

1. Jimmy Swaggart. I don't even know where to start with this guy.

2. Jim Bakker was the founder of PTL ministries.

3. Father John J. Geoghan, deceased Catholic Priest, was accused by 130 people of sexual abuse and child molestation over a 30 year period. After being defrocked in 1998.

5. Parker J. Bena, Conservative Republican activist and very important figure in getting GWB elected as President, plead guilty to charges of possessing child pornography and lying to the FBI.

6. Rep. Bob Allen of Florida. Not really sure if he's Evangelical, but certainly *conservative*, I'm adding him to the list because Mr. Allen's actions were not only skeezy, but racist as well. You see, Allen was arrested after allegedly offering an male undercover officer $20 to perform oral sex on him in a men's restroom.

Everyone's favorite, Reverend Ted Haggard. Haggard was the founder of the New Life Church in Colorado Springs. A *charismatic* pastor, Haggard was vocal about his anti-homosexual ideals, well, that is until he was outed by a male prostitute.

http://voices.yahoo.com/top-10-christian-cons...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 108,921 - 108,940 of128,468
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

31 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
close barbourville independent!!! (Oct '09) 3 min countrychick 19
my message to Amy Mills (black) 21 min noyabiz 1
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 26 min Le Jimbo 145,946
jon h 34 min unknown user 11
Barbourville online and Windstream 1 hr enternet thief 12
camel toes at work (Dec '10) 2 hr pussiefoot 64
Apple Head Chihuahua (Jun '13) 2 hr shelley hull 9
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••