Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,425

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

Since: Sep 13

United States of America

#114275 Oct 8, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
It is hard for me to believe you would copy your founder by making false statements and parade them around as if they are the truth! Not surprised.
I don't have time to continue to respond to an opposed person. It is evident you are not looking for the truth only to try to find fault is your motive.
May I ask, what has Jehovah's Witnesses done to you personally to make you so bitter at us?
Can you be more specific...Who is 'my' founder [as you posted about]and what false statements am I parading around as truth? In case you missed it, I have No Founder as I have stated on numerous occasions. I do not follow any 'religion' any 'denomination' or any 'cult'
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#114276 Oct 9, 2013
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope the Pope never claimed to be Jesus. It is Sun Myung Moon.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_c...
Jesus said many will come in His Name...
Wait for it!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#114277 Oct 9, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So religion created what I am? So you should be cool with that, right?
Seems really strange that god would allow his word to be changed and no one knew for a thousand years. It is as if god has zero control. It is as if he does not exist. It is as if religion was created by man.
"no one knew for a thousand years"...
Really?
I thought you read it...
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#114278 Oct 9, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
Just so you guys don't try to claim I am taking something out of context.
Moses orders the murders for the sole reason of worshiping a golden calf.
Far from having freedom to worship, this tyrant executes anyone who disputes his claims.
America was not founded upon the values of the bible.
"America was not founded upon the values of the bible"
We cannot fix your stupid...
Believe whatever you want...
We know the truth!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#114279 Oct 9, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
Even governments can give the death penalty to vile criminals and it is not considered murder---but when the ruler of the universe does---you want to twist it around to make God out to be a murderer!
Stepping on an Ant...
means little.
Killing a homeless person, a bit more...
Killing a cop... much more...
Crimes against God... Watch out!
Thank God He is patient!
Amen!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#114280 Oct 9, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact is that "God Himself" is not Jackson, Maier, Price, Parton, Kloha or YaA.
And I have watched it. The whole thing - months and months ago. We already had discussion of "The Bible on Trial". What makes you think I'd want to revisit that lopsided slag of propaganda? I understand why as a Christian you think it's the bomb. To anyone else (who might expect even a nod toward impartial accuracy) it simply bombs.
BTW, you can't watch it from your link, but it is on youtube in all of it's choral backed, cathedral painting studded, innuendoed, twisted glory. If it was truly a "trial", the judge would have thrown the presenters out on their a's for leading the jury as soon as they finished their first sentences.
The point of me telling you to search for more evidence, was for you to find
that you're wrong about it's validity!
There is MORE 1'st century manuscripts for the NT, and the Bible as a whole, that there is no way for it all to be corrupted by
the Catholic Church!
That was the basis for the reformation!
And I am here to tell you... God is real!
He saved me, and proved Himself to me, and MANY, MANY others!
When the end comes, and it will... NONE will have an excuse!
All who call on the Name of the Lord... will be saved!

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#114281 Oct 9, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
The ones to worry about are your leftist friends that already know where you live.....
Nah, I didn't tell them where I moved to. The only neighbors I have to worry about right now are crazy drivers and the homeowners association.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#114282 Oct 9, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text> I'm opposed to anyone who states something as fact, yet cannot demonstrate.
I will be glad to continue this debate when you are armed with proof of that which you post!
Didn't you know that a saline drip is a completely adequate replacement for whole blood and/or plasma?

“See how you are?”

Earth

#114283 Oct 9, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>The point of me telling you to search for more evidence, was for you to find
that you're wrong about it's validity!
There is MORE 1'st century manuscripts for the NT, and the Bible as a whole, that there is no way for it all to be corrupted by
the Catholic Church!
That was the basis for the reformation!
And I am here to tell you... God is real!
He saved me, and proved Himself to me, and MANY, MANY others!
When the end comes, and it will... NONE will have an excuse!
All who call on the Name of the Lord... will be saved!
What whack job led you to think that the reformation was caused by the Apocrypha?
YaA, the only evidence you search for is to validate your beliefs and >feelings<, not to illuminate them.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#114284 Oct 9, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>"America was not founded upon the values of the bible"
We cannot fix your stupid...
Believe whatever you want...
We know the truth!
America was founded on the principles that arose through the enlightenment, neoclassicism and (arguably) the Masons.
Your brand of stup... erstitious was prevalent during the Black Plague.

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#114285 Oct 9, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Stepping on an Ant...
means little.
Killing a homeless person, a bit more...
Killing a cop... much more...
Crimes against God... Watch out!
Thank God He is patient!
Amen!
Killing a homeless person means only "a bit more" than stepping on an ant?
You are sick.

And killing a cop is "much more" than killing a homeless person?
Why? Because a cop is providing a service to society and the homeless person is not?

Well, then why is abortion wrong? A fetus is providing no service either.

Sure, someday it might. But then again, so might that homeless person.

You can't have it both ways.
Morning Star

Somerset, KY

#114286 Oct 9, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
Since its very inception, the Watchtower has made false prophecies about the end of the world. Predicting the end in one form or another for the years 1914, 1918, 1925, 1975 and 1989
Are you going to deny this?
They didn't say 1989, that was actually the year I was baptized in. They had learned their lesson after the 75 false prophesy so they made a general prediction. That's when they came up with "this generation" crap. If you were alive in 1914 then the end would come before that generation passed away. They of course changed the definition of generation all the time, making it longer and longer. Now they dropped that and I think I heard rumors of 120 years after 1914, still screaming any day now.

The JWs are a joke, just like that poster Known Crap who just copy/paste things.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#114287 Oct 9, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
Even governments can give the death penalty to vile criminals and it is not considered murder---but when the ruler of the universe does---you want to twist it around to make God out to be a murderer!
So you are claiming worship of a gold object, a vile crime? So you must be defending the murders Moses ordered? Then I say you are most immoral of a person. You do not know morality, you just obey orders like a soldier. I am sure the 9/11 hijackers were as blindly obedient as you and could not think for themselves, just as you cannot.
BTW, I disagree with the death penalty in America. I consider it a state sponsored murder. I know many who think this way, so you are far off from the facts of capital punishment. Typically republicans are for it, and Democrats are against it.
Are you for it? Do you think the death penalty should be instituted for those who worship golden calves?
Not that I expect any straight answers to any of these questions.
Morning Star

Somerset, KY

#114288 Oct 9, 2013
An Old Friend wrote:
<quoted text>
If you go to biased sources for your information you would be guilty of going to the Pharisees to hear false accusations against Jesus. I asked for proof not hearsay!
I was baptized in 1972 and I can speak for myself I was never told that the end would come in 1975! I know for myself that I do not follow any man. Psalms 146:3,4 Do not put YOUR trust in nobles,
Nor in the son of earthling man, to whom no salvation belongs.
4 His spirit goes out, he goes back to his ground;
In that day his thoughts do perish.
5 Happy is the one who has the God of Jacob for his help,
Whose hope is in Jehovah his God,
Jesus was not the founder of Jehovah's Witnesses! He was one of Jehovah's Witnesses Revelation 1:5 Jesus Christ,“the Faithful Witness,”“The firstborn from the dead,”
And you sir are a liar. Here's the actual talk given on the year 1975. You can't claim it's bias because it's one of your own telling the lies.

&li st=PLFmLi8BYaVktLNG9Ffz_fDnE5Z vtHlQKK

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#114289 Oct 9, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
You are afraid of the wrong side... 90% of all unjustified homicides are committed by either registered democrats or by their personal histories are Liberal/democrat in political positions...
Bull. I do not think the prisons are full of liberal granola crunchers.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#114290 Oct 9, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Many people profit from what they know. Known Fact is taking a different tact and wants to profit from the lack of knowledge which you and spaceship clearly demonstrate.
Can you imagine the headlines?
Believer hits paydirt by buying atheists for what they know and selling Atheists for what they don't know.
Even Warren Buffett wants in on that deal.
Bankers motto is; Buy low and sell high.
.....because he claims to know that we do not know? The hypocrisy is astounding in you fundies.
You have no barometer of contradiction and hypocrisy.

Since: Feb 12

Roseville, CA

#114291 Oct 9, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus said many will come in His Name...
Wait for it!
It would be religious ones who denies Jesus was the messiah. That would eliminate the pope as the antichrist. see quotes:

"those who do not confess the coming of Jesus Christ in the flesh. Such a one is the deceiver and the antichrist".

Since: Feb 12

Roseville, CA

#114292 Oct 9, 2013
2 John 1:7

"those who do not confess the coming of Jesus Christ in the flesh. Such a one is the deceiver and the antichrist".
curious

Ocoee, FL

#114293 Oct 9, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text> You and Known Fact are both clueless. The post above proves it.
How about the actual Headlines..{Global Post} Higgs and Englert win Nobel for work on the Higgs Boson particle.
So much for your imaginary headlines!
Flipping Moronic Dolt.
Is it not ironic that an avowed Atheist is credited with finding "The God Particle...

ERWIN SCHRÖDINGER, Nobel Laureate in Physics:

1.¨ In his famous book Nature and the Greeks (Cambridge University Press, 1954) Prof. Schrödinger writes:

“I am very astonished that the scientific picture of the real world around me is very deficient. It gives a lot of factual information, puts all our experience in a magnificently consistent order, but it is ghastly silent about all and sundry that is really near to our heart, that really matters to us. It cannot tell us a word about red and blue, bitter and sweet, physical pain and physical delight; it knows nothing of beautiful and ugly, good or bad, God and eternity. Science sometimes pretends to answer questions in these domains, but the answers are very often so silly that we are not inclined to take them seriously.”(Schrödinger 1954, 93).

2.¨ Schrödinger maintains that the human technical inventions have caused a deterioration in Nature:“The grave error in a technically directed cultural drive is that it sees its highest goal in the possibility of achieving an alteration of Nature. It hopes to set itself in the place of God, so that it may force upon the divine will some petty conventions of its dust-born mind.”(Schrödinger, as cited in Moore 1990, 349).

3.¨ In the presentation of a scientific problem, the other player is the good Lord. He has not only set the problem but also has devised the rules of the game - but they are not completely known, half of them are left for you to discover or to deduce.…The uncertainty is how many of the rules God himself has permanently ordained, and how many apparently are caused by your own mental inertia, while the solution generally becomes possible only through freedom from its limitations. This is perhaps the most exciting thing in the game.”(Schrödinger, as cited in Moore 1990, 348).

5. ROBERT MILLIKAN, Nobel Laureate in Physics:

1.¨ In an interview, entitled “A Scientist’s God”(Collier’s; October 24, 1925) Millikan stated:

“It pains me as much as it did Kelvin ‘to hear crudely atheistic views expressed by men who have never known the deeper side of existence.’ Let me, then, henceforth use the word God to describe that which is behind the mystery of existence and that which gives meaning to it. I think you will not misunderstand me, then, when I say that I have never known a thinking man who did not believe in God.”(Millikan 1925).

“To me it is unthinkable that a real atheist could be a scientist.”(Millikan, as cited in Grounds 1945, 22).

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#114294 Oct 9, 2013
curious wrote:
This post is addressed to the 2 Atheists with many monikers who pollute this board with their nonsense and giberish.
Any semimature and other than braindead individual would have ignored the accurate allegations that i have leveled against you all.
As I have stated , there is nothing illegal or immoral about posting under more than one moniker.
Albeit , it may well be foolish , in light of the fact that the intent is to give the appearance of superior numbers.
It is also foolish to read your responses to yourselves.
If my allegations had been false , you would not have expended so much time and energy in so vehemently denying your guilt.
Both of you would have considered it nonsense and ignored my allegations.
Those who know they are guilty will go to their graves proclaiming their innocence and will concoct a myriad of excuses in doing so.
Remember The Shawshank Redemption.
Every one in jail proclaims to be innocent.
You are guilty of nothing more than making fools of yourselves .
That is not a crime. As a matter of fact , there is a National Holiday in your honor. It is celebrated on April the 1st
So innocent persons do not defend themselves against false witnesses?
And citing a fictional story is not helping your case.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
who will you vote for as jailer 1 hr ummmm 114
~~Keep A Word~~Drop A Word Game. (Jun '10) 2 hr Doug77 317
Letter in mail from Sheriff candidate 2 hr Guessudontknow 38
big buck in carter hollow 3 hr big g 7
If McGhee is this dirty in Campaign, Imagine on... 4 hr pastor 29
El Mariachi Restaurant 4 hr Piggy Tails 20
Mike Warren embezzled money? 4 hr Tara 22
Indictments 4 hr Beat and Tortured... 95

Freeze Watch for Knox County was issued at October 31 at 7:08PM EDT

Barbourville Dating