Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 156580 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Since: Sep 13

United States of America

#114246 Oct 8, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
The Bible refers to some at 1 John 5:19
19 We know we originate with God, but the whole world is lying in the [power of the] wicked one. 20 But we know that the Son of God has come, and he has given us intellectual capacity that we may gain the knowledge of the true one. And we are in union with the true one, by means of his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and life everlasting. 21 Little children, guard yourselves from idols.
You either belong to the first group or the second group. If you do not believe in God then it doesn't take a rocket scientist to determine which group you belong to!
There are 2 claims that the Watchtower profess as fact: 1)Jesus Christ returned to earth in 1914, 2)The Watchtower Society was handpicked by Christ as God’s only channel of communication to man in 1919.
The News Media musta been caught asleep @ the wheel when this momentous, news worthy event occurred!

One other thing I'd like you to address, which I have asked about 4 times now, you've avoided every time. Perhaps now I may get an answer. Your organization rejected it's founder and first 2 presidents for the first 63 {sixty three} years of it's existence yet you expect people to have confidence in such an organization.
{dissension among the ranks for SIXTY THREE years}
lol

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#114247 Oct 8, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
You are afraid of the wrong side... 90% of all unjustified homicides are committed by either registered democrats or by their personal histories are Liberal/democrat in political positions...
One might wonder where you get your stats - but this one is utterly disinterested.
Prudence is not a liability. Whether I choose to be anonymous to a nutcase hugging a tree, a nutcase sawing one down or a time share pitchman, the result is acceptable.
Morning Star

Somerset, KY

#114248 Oct 8, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
19&#8239;We know we originate with God, but the whole world is lying in the [power of the] wicked one. 20&#8239;But we know that the Son of God has come, and he has given us intellectual capacity that we may gain the knowledge of the true one. And we are in union with the true one, by means of his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and life everlasting. 21&#8239;Little children, guard yourselves from idols.
You either belong to the first group or the second group. If you do not believe in God then it doesn't take a rocket scientist to determine which group you belong to!
Just not capable of giving your own thoughts are you, just got to copy/paste everything. That's the JW religion for you.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#114249 Oct 8, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Many people profit from what they know. Known Fact is taking a different tact and wants to profit from the lack of knowledge which you and spaceship clearly demonstrate.
Can you imagine the headlines?
Believer hits paydirt by buying atheists for what they know and selling Atheists for what they don't know.
Even Warren Buffett wants in on that deal.
Bankers motto is; Buy low and sell high.
Oops, my bad. Sometimes I hit 'reply' before I realize that you haven't said anything worth replying to. Nevermind.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

London, KY

#114250 Oct 8, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
One might wonder where you get your stats - but this one is utterly disinterested.
Prudence is not a liability. Whether I choose to be anonymous to a nutcase hugging a tree, a nutcase sawing one down or a time share pitchman, the result is acceptable.
The Stat's are based on reported individuals that have committed murders that have been publicized and the prison populations left leaning Majorities and seen in assorted polls of prison populations and fact that around 90% of Homicides in the US occur in large urban areas that have in many cases and in the last election voted 120% democratic... with the exception of McVey and the Keho's I can't name a bat shite crazy on the news in for ever that was not a Left Wing nut job....
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#114251 Oct 8, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Oops, my bad. Sometimes I hit 'reply' before I realize that you haven't said anything worth replying to. Nevermind.
You are living proof that ignorance comes in many forms.
But..........it was good to hear from ya...

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

London, KY

#114252 Oct 8, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
The ones to worry about are your leftist friends that already know where you live.....

Since: Feb 12

Rancho Cordova, CA

#114253 Oct 8, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey , Heinz 57 .. Fuggeaboutit...That is all nonsense.
You weren't there And if you had been You would not have lived to tell about it If you catch my drift
Yes I was there, I'm immortal.

United States of America

#114254 Oct 8, 2013
It seems I've stumbled on a way to shut Known Fact up.... every time I present him with those questions above it appears he can't answer it on his own merits so he becomes silent for 2 or 3 days.

At least, we get a break from all the copy n paste propaganda for awhile.

United States of America

#114255 Oct 8, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Many people profit from what they know. Known Fact is taking a different tact and wants to profit from the lack of knowledge which you and spaceship clearly demonstrate.
Can you imagine the headlines?
Believer hits paydirt by buying atheists for what they know and selling Atheists for what they don't know.
Even Warren Buffett wants in on that deal.
Bankers motto is; Buy low and sell high.
Higgs, a known Atheist was just awarded the nobel prize in physics which equates to 1.2 Million $$$.

so Dick {head} how many nobel prizes have you won?
Known Fact

Orlando, FL

#114256 Oct 8, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
There are 2 claims that the Watchtower profess as fact: 1)Jesus Christ returned to earth in 1914, 2)The Watchtower Society was handpicked by Christ as God’s only channel of communication to man in 1919.
The News Media musta been caught asleep @ the wheel when this momentous, news worthy event occurred!
One other thing I'd like you to address, which I have asked about 4 times now, you've avoided every time. Perhaps now I may get an answer. Your organization rejected it's founder and first 2 presidents for the first 63 {sixty three} years of it's existence yet you expect people to have confidence in such an organization.
{dissension among the ranks for SIXTY THREE years}
lol
The Scriptures say that Satan is the father of the lie! There can be no doubt which side you are on!
If not where did you get these outlandish statements from?
Known Fact

Orlando, FL

#114257 Oct 8, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
It seems I've stumbled on a way to shut Known Fact up.... every time I present him with those questions above it appears he can't answer it on his own merits so he becomes silent for 2 or 3 days.
At least, we get a break from all the copy n paste propaganda for awhile.
The Scriptures say that Satan is the Father of the lie!
There can be no doubt whose side you are on!
If not give some support for your outlandish statements!
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#114258 Oct 8, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
Higgs, a known Atheist was just awarded the nobel prize in physics which equates to 1.2 Million $$$.
NOBEL PRIZE WINNERS AND GOD

This section was kindly contributed by researcher and author Tihomir Dimitrov. It is only a fraction of his e-book, Fifty Nobel Laureates Who Believe in God, presently published on his site ( http://nobelists.net/ ) and which we hope will soon be published in print in North America. We are very grateful to him for his very inspiring and illuminating contribution.

----------

INTRODUCTION

The book, 50 NOBEL LAUREATES AND OTHER GREAT SCIENTISTS WHO BELIEVE IN GOD, comprises religious quotations from the most influential scientists and writers in the world.
In the course of my 11-year research I have studied hundreds of books, articles and letters - primarily those found in the archives of the National Library of Bulgaria (Sofia), Biblioteca Comunale di Milano and the Austrian National Library (Vienna). I have also corresponded with many contemporary Nobel Prize-winning scientists who have shared their personal beliefs about God.
I believe that this book will inspire believers, will give hope to seekers and that it will challenge those who think that religion and contemporary science are in insurmountable conflict.

1. ALBERT EINSTEIN, Nobel Laureate in Physics:

1.¨“I want to know how God created this world. I am not interested in this or that phenomenon, in the spectrum of this or that element. I want to know His thoughts, the rest are details.”(Einstein, as cited in Clark 1973, 33).

2.¨“The most beautiful and most profound emotion we can experience is the sensation of the mystical. It is the sower of all true science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead. That deeply emotional conviction of the presence of a superior Reasoning Power, which is revealed in the incomprehensible Universe, forms my idea of God.”(Einstein, as cited in Libby Anfinsen 1995).________

2. MAX PLANCK, Nobel Laureate in Physics

1.¨ In his famous lecture Religion and Science (May 1937) Planck wrote:“Both religion and science need for their activities the belief in God, and moreover God stands for the former in the beginning, and for the latter at the end of the whole thinking. For the former, God represents the basis, for the latter - the crown of any reasoning concerning the world-view.”(Max Planck, Religion und Naturwissenschaft, Leipzig: Johann Ambrosius Barth Verlag, 1958, 27).

2.¨“Religion represents a bond of man to God. It consists in reverent awe before a supernatural Might [Macht], to which human life is subordinated and which has in its power our welfare and misery. To remain in permanent contact with this Might and keep it all the time inclined to oneself, is the unending effort and the highest goal of the believing man. Because only in such a way can one feel himself safe before expected and unexpected dangers, which threaten one in his life, and can take part in the highest happiness - inner psychical peace - which can be attained only by means of strong bond to God and unconditional trust to His omnipotence and willingness to help.”(Max Planck 1958, 9).

3. WERNER HEISENBERG, Nobel Laureate in Physics:

1.¨ Heisenberg wrote:“The first gulp from the glass of natural sciences will turn you into an atheist, but at the bottom of the glass God is waiting for you.”
2.¨ In his autobiographical article in the journal Truth, Henry Margenau.…Our conversation was intimate and he impressed me by his deep religious conviction. He was a true Christian in every sense of that word.”(Margenau 1985, Vol. 1).

______

United States of America

#114259 Oct 8, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
The Scriptures say that Satan is the Father of the lie!
There can be no doubt whose side you are on!
If not give some support for your outlandish statements!
It's not outlandish, and I'm giving you a chance to defend your organizations decisions, or is it your argument that this never happened?
I don't post anything w/out having proof of what I say....unlike you, so be warned I have the proof. If you want to push the envelope, I'm more than willing to oblige.

Is it your contention, that JW organization acknowledges the founder and accepts his teachings as truth?
Known Fact

Orlando, FL

#114260 Oct 8, 2013
Morning Star wrote:
<quoted text>
Just not capable of giving your own thoughts are you, just got to copy/paste everything. That's the JW religion for you.
You are exactly right---I did copy and paste directly from the Bible---maybe you should try it sometime---that is if you know how!
I will paste it again for your benefit!

We know we originate with God, but the whole world is lying in the [power of the] wicked one. But we know that the Son of God has come, and he has given us intellectual capacity that we may gain the knowledge of the true one. And we are in union with the true one, by means of his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and life everlasting. Little children, guard yourselves from idols.

curious

Winter Garden, FL

#114261 Oct 8, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
To date the number is eleventeen.
I do believe I am in line for another one for my investigative reporting which dismantled and brought to light a conspiracy by 2 Atheists on Topix whe were attempting to perpetrate an academic fraud by using fictitious monikers in order to deceitfully inflate their numbers.
Seems they use the same tactics when applying for food stamps.
Eric Holder will be conducting an investigation in order to bring the scoundrels to justice.
You know anything about that?
BTW.. I will be posting more names of Nobel laureate prize winners who believe in GOD...
I haven't read the whole report , but I understand several are Atheist converts who became believers.
That will shiver your timbers when you 're chopping down trees.
Known Fact

Orlando, FL

#114262 Oct 8, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>It's not outlandish, and I'm giving you a chance to defend your organizations decisions, or is it your argument that this never happened?
I don't post anything w/out having proof of what I say....unlike you, so be warned I have the proof. If you want to push the envelope, I'm more than willing to oblige.
Is it your contention, that JW organization acknowledges the founder and accepts his teachings as truth?
Jesus Christ is the founder of true religion we follow him and we sure do accept his teachings as truth.
Yes I do want to, as you say, "push the envelope" what is taking you so long? Go for it!

United States of America

#114263 Oct 8, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus Christ is the founder of true religion we follow him and we sure do accept his teachings as truth.
Yes I do want to, as you say, "push the envelope" what is taking you so long? Go for it!
I knew you would answer with Jesus being the founder of true religion. I see you have been schooled on how to answer, never the less, it's still wrong.

Jesus Christ is not the founder of Jehovah's Witness.
Charles Russell was, are you denying this?
1.If the organization did not actually prophesy the end in 1925 and 1975, then how come so many Witnesses left the faith immediately afterwards?("They lost roughly three-quarters of the movement between 1925 and 1928, then suffered huge losses after 1975, when the end didn't come as they had implied over and over again," said Jim Penton, an ex-Witness
Are you going to deny this too?

United States of America

#114264 Oct 8, 2013
Since its very inception, the Watchtower has made false prophecies about the end of the world. Predicting the end in one form or another for the years 1914, 1918, 1925, 1975 and 1989

Are you going to deny this?

United States of America

#114265 Oct 8, 2013
Born in 1852, Charles Taze Russell founded the Zion's Watch Tower in 1879 and later incorporated the group under the name Zion's Watch Tower Tract Society in 1884. Because of his rejection of the doctrine of Hell, he would go on to reject nearly every other Christian doctrine as well as add many physically and spiritually dangerous doctrines of his own making. Many of these unique and bizarre teachings were to be found in his six volume series titled, Studies in the Scriptures.

I guess you deny this too?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
looking for brother & sister, molly & steven re... (Dec '10) 46 min lilajane 15
Megan Marie Rogers 1 hr Long 5
Who will be the next Knox Co. Judge Exec.? 3 hr my opinion 172
Just curious Old Datsun 280Z 3 hr Santa 4
Johny bays is in jail, someone should rob his h... 3 hr Jack 1
How is Godfathers Pizza at Shell ? 4 hr Pope 10
Recounts what happens next a civil upheaval? 4 hr Quantummist 20

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance