Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 141225 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

kejgkejgqggggbeq r

Somerset, KY

#114055 Oct 4, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
I think adult JWs should be allowed to refuse a blood transfusion, but they should not be allowed to deny their children one during an emergency.
100% agree, let the adults do what they want. They should not be allowed to let their children die tho.

Sometimes the courts will step in and order a blood transfusion anyway. We were always told as young children that if this happened then we would fight back the same way as if we were being raped. I found this out of an old Watchtower magazine I found online.

Watchtower 91 15th June pages 15-18 Walk as Instructed by Jehovah

Paragraph 17

'DP testified she would resisist having a blood transfusion in any way she could. She considered a transfusion an invasion of her body and compared it to rape.'

Paragraph 18

'L has told this court clearly and in a matter-of-fact way that , if an attempt is made to transfuse her with blood, she will fight that transfusion with all of the strength that she can muster. She has said, and I believe her, that she will scream ans struggle and that she will pull the injecting device out of her arm and will attempt to destroy the blood in the bag over her head.'

Paragraph 11

'Christian parents ought to consider that seriously, for some parents seem to have a mistaken attitude about their children and blood. Some appear to feel that they do not really have much control over whether their minor children are given a transfusion. Why this mistaken view?'
Known Fact

Kissimmee, FL

#114056 Oct 4, 2013
BLOOD TRANSFUSSION
If the Christian disciple Luke were back here on earth by a resurrection of the dead, what would he do? Luke accompanied Paul, who called him “Luke the beloved physician.” Would he join medics today in giving transfusions? The Bible answer must be No! This very Luke was the Bible writer who reported for us the decree of the Christian Council of Jerusalem, quoting from it three times.
This decree, as reported by Luke, said to non-Jewish Christians “to keep yourselves free ... from blood.” It made no exception for Physician Luke or medical doctors. It did not say, Keep yourselves free from blood except in the case of a transfusion administered by a competent medical doctor; or except on orders from a lawmaking body or from a legal judge who shoves aside the required “due process of law” and becomes a law to himself and arbitrarily declares a state of emergency and orders the appealing doctor to give a transfusion over the religious objections of the patient. The Apostolic Christian Council forbade “blood,” without differentiating human blood from animal blood, unqualified!
Doctor Luke, who traveled with the apostle Paul through ancient Greece, doubtless knew that the Greeks drank blood in order to have a blood relationship with the demons for the sake of learning what the future held for them. Doctor Luke must have observed that drinking animal blood served to infuse into the drinker beastly qualities like those of the animal donors. But better than Doctor Luke, Jehovah God knew the effect of taking another creature’s blood into one’s body, whether by eating or drinking it or by transfusing it. He doubtless forbade it for more reasons than that the life is in the blood and that taking blood means taking life to at least some degree. This was suggested by the Watch Tower magazine long ago. Its article “Settling Doctrinal Differences,” under date of April 15, 1909, on page 117, said regarding the decree of the Jerusalem Council on blood:
“To the Jew it was forbidden, and under his covenant it was made a symbol of life—to partake of it would imply responsibility for the life taken. Moreover, in the typical ceremonies of the Law the prohibited blood was used as a symbol representing the sin-offering; for by the blood atonement for sins was effected. To emphasize these typical lessons the Jews had been forbidden to use blood. And there may be other, sanitary, reasons connected with the matter, which are not yet known to us.”
Today, fifty-eight years since then, those reasons are becoming more and more known because of medical experiences with the widespread use of transfusions. Now, what would you think of a modern medical practice that, in one year, directly kills 16,000 in a land, and leaves still more thousands infected with deadly diseases, while at the same time other thousands survive the process? That is the case with the practice of blood transfusion.
Known Fact

Kissimmee, FL

#114057 Oct 4, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it's true. He was told he could not remain my friend if I didn't convert. So, he quit. Which part of that are you claiming isn't true?
The part where you say, "he could not be your friend if you did not convert". We do not use such leverage as such to gain converts!
Conversion is between you and God!
Known Fact

Kissimmee, FL

#114058 Oct 4, 2013
One more thing about transfusions---You have to sign a statement of consent today before the medical professional can administer a transfusion!
Too many peoples know the risks and look for a reason to sue for malpractice!
Known Fact

Kissimmee, FL

#114059 Oct 4, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a good friend who was a JW. Trust me, I know what you teach. I also know he was told he could not remain my friend unless I converted. So, he left them.
Here is more proof: NOTICE THE LAST PARAGRAPH!

What Is a Bible Study?
Jehovah’s Witnesses offer a Bible study program that answers many questions, including:
• Who is God?
• Does God really care about me?
• How can I improve my marriage?
• How can I find happiness in life?
Below you will find answers to frequently asked questions about our Bible study program.
What is the format of the study course? We take such topics as “God” or “marriage” and examine different Bible verses that relate to the subject. By comparing them, we see what the Bible as a whole says about the topic, and in this way we let the Bible interpret itself.
To assist us in studying the Bible, we use the book What Does the Bible Really Teach? This book clearly presents, among other subjects, what the Bible really says about God, Jesus, and our future.
How much does a Bible study cost? The study is free, and there is no charge for the study material.
How long are the study sessions? Many people set aside an hour or so each week to study the Bible with us. But the length of the study is flexible. We’ll adapt it to your schedule.
What happens when I request a Bible study? When you request a Bible study, one of Jehovah’s Witnesses will visit you at a time and place convenient for you. He or she will take a few minutes to demonstrate our study program. If you like it, you can continue.

NOTICE:
If I accept a Bible study, do I have to become one of Jehovah’s Witnesses? No. Jehovah’s Witnesses love teaching people about the Bible, but we never force anyone to become a member of our religion. Rather, we respectfully present what the Bible says, recognizing that each person has the right to choose what he or she will believe.—1 Peter 3:15.

Go on line to: www jw.org to make a request for a Bible study.
SistaNoneYaBiz

Somerset, KY

#114060 Oct 5, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
----------
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
----------
So if "100 percent of Americans have some sort of issue," why do you give Congress a break because "I would NEVER merely ASSUME or broadbrush paint them all with such a single stupid stroke, let alone condemn based upon Nothing but IGNORANT assumption."
Could you at least TRY to be consistant in your rantings.
I notice you just oppose anything, regardless of what the person is saying.
Me: "The sky is blue today."
You: "No! It isn't! I would never make that ignorant assumption!"
Repeat-
1. Because I personally do not KNOW "Congress", Congress is an entity comprised of MANY.
2. Because they have had to deal with such INEPTNESS of nothing but megalomaniac, ego tripping, Constitutional breaching, idiot thugs at the helms for the last five years, it's NO damn wonder it's in the MESS that it is.
SistaNoneYaBiz

Somerset, KY

#114061 Oct 5, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>The issue was a drinking problem, not an issue in general. Nice diversion though.
The issue is ineptess and LACK of leadership, a BIG issue in general.

No diversion to it.
SistaNoneYaBiz

Somerset, KY

#114062 Oct 5, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
You're just jealous because I'm perfect and you aren't.
LOL!
You're just sick in the head.

Anything that voted for the ineptness of OzombieTic communism is.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#114063 Oct 5, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Jehovah's Witnesses publish a book titled: "WHAT DOES THE BIBLE REALLY TEACH?"
You would do well to obtain a free copy and read it with an open mind or you can go on line to www.jw.org/publications and you can read it on line.
Enjoy
So if it isn't Watchtower spam, you don't read it. The GB must be so proud of you.
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
And just what part of the Bible are you referring to????
Here is Exodus 32:27 again from your NWT. Tell us what it "really" says, KF.

He now said to them:“This is what Jehovah the God of Israel has said,‘Put each one of YOU his sword on his side. Pass through and return from gate to gate in the camp and kill each one his brother and each one his fellow and each one his intimate acquaintance.’” 28 And the sons of Le&#8242;vi proceeded to do as Moses had said, so that there fell of the people on that day about three thousand men. 29 And Moses went on to say:“Fill YOUR hand today with power for Jehovah, because each one of YOU is against his own son and his own brother, and that he may confer a blessing upon YOU today.”

“See how you are?”

Earth

#114064 Oct 5, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no guarantee that a transfusion will save a life. Why don't you publish information on how many have been killed by giving a transfusion? WHY?
There is no guarantee that an airline will get you to a destination on time. Ban airports? How many people die in car crashes? Ban automobiles? What are the stats on bathroom related injuries? Ban indoor plumbing!!! How many cases of illness are reported annually from eating blutwurst compared to eating E. Coli tainted vegetables? You haven't said... WHY?
Would you care to publish how many are saved by transfusions compared to die from them? No, the GB hasn't told you to.

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#114065 Oct 5, 2013
SistaNoneYaBiz wrote:
<quoted text>
Repeat-
1. Because I personally do not KNOW "Congress", Congress is an entity comprised of MANY.
"100% of Americans" is comprised of MANY.
You do not KNOW all of them.
Yet you make sweeping statements about them.
You are a terribly obvious hypocrite.

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

#114066 Oct 5, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not true!
There is an old saying when someone says TRUST ME don't you trust them. Try again!
You might apply that wisdom to your imaginary friend.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#114067 Oct 5, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not true!
There is an old saying when someone says TRUST ME don't you trust them. Try again!
Does your cult encourage the flock to mingle with dissenters? NO, quite the opposite. Why do you bear false witness against Rose_NoHo's experience?
Isn't it you who demands "TRUST ME" with reams of Watchtower spam?

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

#114068 Oct 5, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not collect unemployment.I collect my pension ,social security and live off my investments.
God has been good to me.
No, IF what you say is true, then you have worked hard.
curious wrote:
<quoted text> But let us get back to brass tacks.
You and whoever the other 1 or 2 Atheists that infest this website , in your ignorance , have tried , time and again to dissuade me from my faith.
Now that I have a better understanding of the false and misleading
Atheists have no illusions about dissuading you from your faith.
It is the seekers after knowledge, the unsure and uncommitted, the "fence sitters" if you will, that we are addressing. They come by and read this forum. They listen to the likes of you and Yaa...and they listen to us. They consider what reasoning seems best to them.
THAT is what we do ...and why we do it.
curious wrote:
<quoted text> Like you said ,.You are here to annoy ,which leads one to conclude that you must lead a very boring life,. you all serve no useful purpose here [/QUOTE

Wrong.

[QUOTE who="curious"]<qu oted text> Moreover , it totally destroys your deceitful attempt to mislead.
"Mislead" is only your opinion. I enlighten.
curious wrote:
<quoted text> You claimed that you always tried to do the right thing . You self proclaimed yourself a decent person.
You claim to live by the Golden rule , Do unto others as you would have others do unto you.
Then you confess your true nature , You are here in a tireless effort to annoy whomever you can.
You have no discernable sense of humor, you know?
Do I really need to put "lol" after something like that for you to get it?

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

#114069 Oct 5, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
The witchinthewoods admitted to working for a Christian lady as a Christmas tree decorator.
It is ironic ,were it not for the one she denies , she would not have a job.
God is good to believers and unbelievers.
Did I say that Xmas tree decorating was the ONLY thing I do?
Dolt.

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

#114070 Oct 5, 2013
Welcome Rose! I have seen you on a few other forums.
Nice to have another voice for sanity and reason here.
Be aware that you will be accused of being me or Mike or lol or Lodi.
The "believers" here aren't too bright.
They believe that there can't be more than 2 or at best, 3 atheists posting here.
Anywhoooo, Welcome!

“See how you are?”

Earth

#114071 Oct 5, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
Did I say that Xmas tree decorating was the ONLY thing I do?
Dolt.
Decorating the xmas tree is one of my least tasks - ranking just above packing it up again. I'd rather string outside lights in a cold rain. I do enjoy the spirit of sharing that accompanies the season, tho. That's probably yet another thing that sets me at odds with tea party sistas and retired bankers.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#114072 Oct 5, 2013
edit: ...least favorite tasks...
My opinion

Florence, KY

#114073 Oct 5, 2013
Once again, don't legislate until you have been in a classroom and understand what goes on in a school. Elementary teachers have too much to teach in a year as it is. Put your kids into private school or home school them if this is what you want.

Since: Feb 12

Roseville, CA

#114074 Oct 5, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
The part where you say, "he could not be your friend if you did not convert". We do not use such leverage as such to gain converts!
Conversion is between you and God!
I know you are not telling the truth. You would not admit it on topix because the other JW's would admonish you for apostasy. So I will show evidence that backs up Rose NoHo claim.

No Part of the World: How Jehovah’s Witnesses Perform the Boundaries of their Community

Joseph Blankholm,
Columbia University

Jehovah’s Witnesses advise their membership against having any unnecessary association with Worldly people, which often includes coworkers and classmates. Commonly cited at their meetings
and in their Bible literature is 1 Corinthians 15:33:“Do not be misled

http://www.academia.edu/1038258/No_Part_of_th...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jason Marsee shot Ford Collett 21 min Accurate 26
house cleaner wanted younger lady 2 hr citizen 7
Who buys baseball memorabilia 2 hr Joe blow 5
Jimmy dye 3 hr Really 4
Barbourville internet 4 hr Internet 7
Fred 10 hr Humm 2
chocolate lovers.. 12 hr Adawg 12
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE