Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 167588 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#114102 Oct 6, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
If Jesus' disciples got some expectations wrong would you call them false prophets?
I will answer your question with a question: So the question is, Do we have enough faith to do what God commands?
The End!
Maybe he should have phrased it, why don't you ever just give a straight answer?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#114103 Oct 6, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
If Jesus' disciples got some expectations wrong would you call them false prophets?
I will answer your question with a question: So the question is, Do we have enough faith to do what God commands?
The End!
Probably the last thoughts of the 9/11 hijackers.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#114104 Oct 6, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>you're an idiot... and I've warned you about assuming, go ahead and continue to make an a$$ of yourself, it doesn't matter to me...but if you are insistent on me being 6 different monikers.... then tell me what my isp is, tell me what my name is, and tell me which 6 I supposedly am .....you should have that if your assumption is correct and I'm 6 different ppl. because we'd all share the same isp.....so what is it Dick {head}. Of course if you don't know, and I can guarantee you don't then I again have proven you to be full of $hit and a fool!
You keep on self proclaiming yourself the victor as you dig a deeper hole for yourself.
I stated that you used 3 different monikers and that I am fairly dertain you use 4.
You responded that I accused you of using 6 differfent monikers.
By that statement you are admitting to having been SP.
Thanks for clearing that up for me.
Elementary my dear Watson
long live the queen

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#114105 Oct 6, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
BLOOD TRANSFUSSION
If the Christian disciple Luke were back here on earth by a resurrection of the dead, what would he do? Luke accompanied Paul, who called him “Luke the beloved physician.” Would he join medics today in giving transfusions? The Bible answer must be No! This very Luke was the Bible writer who reported for us the decree of the Christian Council of Jerusalem, quoting from it three times.
This decree, as reported by Luke, said to non-Jewish Christians “to keep yourselves free ... from blood.” It made no exception for Physician Luke or medical doctors. It did not say, Keep yourselves free from blood except in the case of a transfusion administered by a competent medical doctor; or except on orders from a lawmaking body or from a legal judge who shoves aside the required “due process of law” and becomes a law to himself and arbitrarily declares a state of emergency and orders the appealing doctor to give a transfusion over the religious objections of the patient. The Apostolic Christian Council forbade “blood,” without differentiating human blood from animal blood, unqualified!
Doctor Luke, who traveled with the apostle Paul through ancient Greece, doubtless knew that the Greeks drank blood in order to have a blood relationship with the demons for the sake of learning what the future held for them. Doctor Luke must have observed that drinking animal blood served to infuse into the drinker beastly qualities like those of the animal donors. But better than Doctor Luke, Jehovah God knew the effect of taking another creature’s blood into one’s body, whether by eating or drinking it or by transfusing it. He doubtless forbade it for more reasons than that the life is in the blood and that taking blood means taking life to at least some degree. This was suggested by the Watch Tower magazine long ago. Its article “Settling Doctrinal Differences,” under date of April 15, 1909, on page 117, said regarding the decree of the Jerusalem Council on blood:
“To the Jew it was forbidden, and under his covenant it was made a symbol of life—to partake of it would imply responsibility for the life taken. Moreover, in the typical ceremonies of the Law the prohibited blood was used as a symbol representing the sin-offering; for by the blood atonement for sins was effected. To emphasize these typical lessons the Jews had been forbidden to use blood. And there may be other, sanitary, reasons connected with the matter, which are not yet known to us.”
Today, fifty-eight years since then, those reasons are becoming more and more known because of medical experiences with the widespread use of transfusions. Now, what would you think of a modern medical practice that, in one year, directly kills 16,000 in a land, and leaves still more thousands infected with deadly diseases, while at the same time other thousands survive the process? That is the case with the practice of blood transfusion.
You showed the reasons why Luke probably thought it was bad to have a blood transfusion. It had nothing to do with divine knowledge, it had everything to do with opposing the other religions. How ironic it is that Christians drink the supposed blood of Jesus. Do JW's do this?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#114106 Oct 6, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is more proof: NOTICE THE LAST PARAGRAPH!
What Is a Bible Study?
Jehovah’s Witnesses offer a Bible study program that answers many questions, including:
• Who is God?
• Does God really care about me?
• How can I improve my marriage?
• How can I find happiness in life?
Below you will find answers to frequently asked questions about our Bible study program.
What is the format of the study course? We take such topics as “God” or “marriage” and examine different Bible verses that relate to the subject. By comparing them, we see what the Bible as a whole says about the topic, and in this way we let the Bible interpret itself.
To assist us in studying the Bible, we use the book What Does the Bible Really Teach? This book clearly presents, among other subjects, what the Bible really says about God, Jesus, and our future.
How much does a Bible study cost? The study is free, and there is no charge for the study material.
How long are the study sessions? Many people set aside an hour or so each week to study the Bible with us. But the length of the study is flexible. We’ll adapt it to your schedule.
What happens when I request a Bible study? When you request a Bible study, one of Jehovah’s Witnesses will visit you at a time and place convenient for you. He or she will take a few minutes to demonstrate our study program. If you like it, you can continue.
NOTICE:
If I accept a Bible study, do I have to become one of Jehovah’s Witnesses? No. Jehovah’s Witnesses love teaching people about the Bible, but we never force anyone to become a member of our religion. Rather, we respectfully present what the Bible says, recognizing that each person has the right to choose what he or she will believe.—1 Peter 3:15.
Go on line to: www jw.org to make a request for a Bible study.
To bad Moses has zero respect for a persons right to chose what he or she will believe. He had three thousand murdered because he has zero respect for this right.
The religion you follow is built upon this house of cards.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#114107 Oct 6, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
So, if atheists encourage critical thinking, then we must all be the same person?
Dolt.
I don't see much difference between you, Yaa, and Sista.
AHA! You must all be the SAME PERSON!
LOL!(Lol'd so you will know that I can't be serious.)
****waiting for you to say "aha! yes, I am all 3! Fooled all of you!
LOL!
I never accused you of critical thinking.
If I have accused you of anything , it is being narrow minded.
If you wish to think that I post under other monikers that is your
prerogative.
I have been accused of a lot worse by better prople LOL

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#114108 Oct 6, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
So if it isn't Watchtower spam, you don't read it. The GB must be so proud of you.
<quoted text>
Here is Exodus 32:27 again from your NWT. Tell us what it "really" says, KF.
He now said to them:“This is what Jehovah the God of Israel has said,‘Put each one of YOU his sword on his side. Pass through and return from gate to gate in the camp and kill each one his brother and each one his fellow and each one his intimate acquaintance.’” 28 And the sons of Le&#8242;vi proceeded to do as Moses had said, so that there fell of the people on that day about three thousand men. 29 And Moses went on to say:“Fill YOUR hand today with power for Jehovah, because each one of YOU is against his own son and his own brother, and that he may confer a blessing upon YOU today.”
This is still being followed by the Islamic terrorists. They do follow the lead of Moses. Their faith is strong and I see it as a problem.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#114109 Oct 6, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So just what is our MO? Seems all the religious here have the same MO. Does that mean they are all just one person, or maybe they just have similar philosophical views?
Again, if someone can change their writing style on cue like this, they are very talented.
I know you change your name once in a while because the style is unmistakable. Sista does it also. I note you both do not deny doing it. So tell me, just what purpose does it serve to change your name?
I stand by name. This is why I registered.
I have figured out your MO.It would be foolish for me to reveal to you how I accomplished that feat.

It falls on you to figure out what you are doing wrong and correcting it.
it's called "hiding your tracks".
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#114110 Oct 6, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Still can't handle spelling my name correctly?
Have no problem with that.
I am giving it it's german spelling,,,or didn't you know ,,LOL

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#114111 Oct 6, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
Is a transfusion really the same as eating blood?
In a hospital, when a patient cannot eat through his mouth, he is fed intravenously. Now, would a person who never put blood into his mouth but who accepted blood by transfusion really be obeying the command to “keep abstaining from . . . blood”?(Acts 15:29) To use a comparison, consider a man who is told by the doctor that he must abstain from alcohol. Would he be obedient if he quit drinking alcohol but had it put directly into his veins?
Many superstitions feel you gain the powers of a person by eating his flesh and drinking his blood. Christians symbolically do this every Sunday. Catholics consider the sacrament actual flesh and blood of Jesus. They worry someone will take the cracker(flesh of Jesus)and perform satanic rituals with it.
Why we must consider this a same act, I cannot understand.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#114112 Oct 6, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>You throw a lot of bible passages up here. Ever find the part where Moses had three thousand men women and children murdered for practicing their religion?
Dukette , You have been posing that same question about Moses onb numerable occassions.
It has been answered on numerable occassions.
You are taking a statement out of context ,disregarding the reasons why Moses took that action and by your misguided interpretation , calling it murder.
It seems that you are obsessed and paranoid when it comes to Moses.
Could your paranoia be caused by your reralizing that , had you lived in those times , based on your obtuse and misguided thinking you may well have met the same fate?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#114113 Oct 6, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a hell of debater, Mike. Extremely talented, I would say.
As for me, I'm not that good at debating (trying to learn from reading you and others) but I am a fairly talented artist.
I've always had jobs that I enjoy.
Decorating Xmas trees is a seasonal part of being a florist.
I no longer do it as part of my regular job, as the shop I work in now doesn't do that kind of thing. But I still have clients who call me every year to do their trees.
I just chuckle to myself, make their tree beautiful and take the money.
Thanks for the compliment. Your not so bad yourself at the debating thing.
I recall liking the debate as a Mormon teen. It often frustrated me when my claims had no evidence to back me up. So I guess in my quest for evidence I found truth. The truth is, religion is man made.

I had a girlfriend who decorated peoples houses for extra money on the holidays. The holiday is a cash cow.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#114114 Oct 6, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
King George III was nuts. "King George" brings history to life with great gusto and aplomb through delusions, paranoia and detachment from reality.
Excusen moi , monsieur,
Vive la France,,, The hell with King George

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#114115 Oct 6, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Have no problem with that.
I am giving it it's german spelling,,,or didn't you know ,,LOL
No, I did not know. How should I have known? The name is French and in the past, it did have several different spellings. When my ancestors came to Canada the spelling was changed. But when a person takes a name and goes to Germany, the spelling does not change unless he changes it legally. I was in Germany for 18 months. Never changed the spelling.
I do get a chuckle at your paranoia.
I see you answered non of my questions.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#114116 Oct 6, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Dukette , You have been posing that same question about Moses onb numerable occassions.
It has been answered on numerable occassions.
You are taking a statement out of context ,disregarding the reasons why Moses took that action and by your misguided interpretation , calling it murder.
It seems that you are obsessed and paranoid when it comes to Moses.
Could your paranoia be caused by your reralizing that , had you lived in those times , based on your obtuse and misguided thinking you may well have met the same fate?
You guys never answer my questions on this or much else. All you do is divert. I see it continues.
Maybe if you registered I could keep up with who answered what. One guy did address it a bit, but mostly diverted when pressed on specifics.
It is a serious charge, but I see you guys can't take the charge seriously enough to defend your beliefs. And yet you wonder why we don't take you seriously.
I see your faith built upon the claims of a cold blooded mass murderer.
Now this "known fact" fellow did not even know about the event. So why are you speaking to the question posed to him?
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#114117 Oct 6, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Most all medicine is dangerous to a certain extent, and consent is needed for most all of medicine.
I broke my arm as a kid and I could not receive any pain medicine until my father got to the hospital from work. It took over two hours and I was in serious pain.
Good thing his dogma did not demand he deny me that medicine.
And my example was not even life threatening.
I see your religion feels it knows better than the science, as per usual.
It is amazing how you Atheists make ujp stories in order to justify your unbelief.
Chro makes up a story about taking his car to be fuxrd by someone who included a crucifix and some Christian staement in his advertising. He supposedly got ripped off for $2500.00
Knowing that ,why did he take his car there in the first place.
Witchetty claims to have worked for a Christian lady , decorating Christmas trees and makes some absurd allusions to someone being fired.
When I mention that were it not for the one she denies ,she would not have a job , then she claims to have 3 other jobs.
You concoct some story about a broken arm and the pain it caused and you endured. Selfish little you.
Think of the pain you have caused your parents ,by turning your back on God
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#114118 Oct 6, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>You guys never answer my questions on this or much else. All you do is divert. I see it continues.
Maybe if you registered I could keep up with who answered what. One guy did address it a bit, but mostly diverted when pressed on specifics.
It is a serious charge, but I see you guys can't take the charge seriously enough to defend your beliefs. And yet you wonder why we don't take you seriously.
I see your faith built upon the claims of a cold blooded mass murderer.
Now this "known fact" fellow did not even know about the event. So why are you speaking to the question posed to him?
Well , I answered the question posed to him because the fact that you keep asking the same misguided question by taking the event in question out of context is beginning to ANNOY ME.
In effect , you are begining to fulfill the Atheist objective , as
described by Witchetty , to annoy those who participate on this forum.
BTW I researched the spelling of your name in Spanish;
here is what I came up with
Duquette = DonQuixote

Since: Feb 12

Rancho Cordova, CA

#114119 Oct 6, 2013
Knbown Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible requires the animal to be properly bled and so does the FDA.
So you trust the ruler of the world "Satan" to make sure the blood is clean from the meat your eat. If Satan were real as you say their would be some blood in the meat for all to eat by the FDA.

The Jews show blood must be removed from kosher meat, usually by salting and soaking, before it may be cooked and consumed. Jehovah Witnesses doe not do this, they trust Satan who they claim is the ruler of the governments of this world to do clean it for them.

The Jewish people whos religion you claim is false and yet you rather the trust "the ruler of this world" you claim is Satan to clean the blood from your meat.

Your teaching is a contridiction. I see why Jehovah Witnesses would now be allowed to teach their religion in public schools.

Since: Sep 13

United States of America

#114120 Oct 6, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep on self proclaiming yourself the victor as you dig a deeper hole for yourself.
I stated that you used 3 different monikers and that I am fairly dertain you use 4.
long live the queen
Hey Dick, you have accused me of being 1) Chrom 2) MD 3)SS 4) Skeptic 5) WitW 6) idk
Again, you're an idiot, prove that I'm all these ppl, post my IP #, you are about as bright as a burn out light bulb.

Since: Sep 13

United States of America

#114121 Oct 6, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
long live the queen
I'm not self proclaiming anything, I'm merely pointing out your futile attempts of proving your statement correct.
It's obvious Elementary along with simple reading comprehension is not your forte.
Stop pretending to be Sherlock, you're embarrassing yourself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tammy sparks 4 hr I know 3
Thank You Carnell for having Customer Appreciat... 5 hr Wyatt Earp 1
New sandwich shop 6 hr well 2
~~Keep A Word~~Drop A Word Game. (Jun '10) 6 hr Princess Hey 1,525
How can you leave your kids and not care? (Sep '16) 6 hr Yup 5
the music thread (Jan '12) 9 hr Princess Hey 205
Iknow who got Ronnie Messer busted!!! (Jan '10) 9 hr UghWhoIsItThen 56

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance