Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 148870 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#114063 Oct 5, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Jehovah's Witnesses publish a book titled: "WHAT DOES THE BIBLE REALLY TEACH?"
You would do well to obtain a free copy and read it with an open mind or you can go on line to www.jw.org/publications and you can read it on line.
Enjoy
So if it isn't Watchtower spam, you don't read it. The GB must be so proud of you.
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
And just what part of the Bible are you referring to????
Here is Exodus 32:27 again from your NWT. Tell us what it "really" says, KF.

He now said to them:“This is what Jehovah the God of Israel has said,‘Put each one of YOU his sword on his side. Pass through and return from gate to gate in the camp and kill each one his brother and each one his fellow and each one his intimate acquaintance.’” 28 And the sons of Le&#8242;vi proceeded to do as Moses had said, so that there fell of the people on that day about three thousand men. 29 And Moses went on to say:“Fill YOUR hand today with power for Jehovah, because each one of YOU is against his own son and his own brother, and that he may confer a blessing upon YOU today.”

“See how you are?”

Earth

#114064 Oct 5, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no guarantee that a transfusion will save a life. Why don't you publish information on how many have been killed by giving a transfusion? WHY?
There is no guarantee that an airline will get you to a destination on time. Ban airports? How many people die in car crashes? Ban automobiles? What are the stats on bathroom related injuries? Ban indoor plumbing!!! How many cases of illness are reported annually from eating blutwurst compared to eating E. Coli tainted vegetables? You haven't said... WHY?
Would you care to publish how many are saved by transfusions compared to die from them? No, the GB hasn't told you to.

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#114065 Oct 5, 2013
SistaNoneYaBiz wrote:
<quoted text>
Repeat-
1. Because I personally do not KNOW "Congress", Congress is an entity comprised of MANY.
"100% of Americans" is comprised of MANY.
You do not KNOW all of them.
Yet you make sweeping statements about them.
You are a terribly obvious hypocrite.

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

#114066 Oct 5, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not true!
There is an old saying when someone says TRUST ME don't you trust them. Try again!
You might apply that wisdom to your imaginary friend.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#114067 Oct 5, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not true!
There is an old saying when someone says TRUST ME don't you trust them. Try again!
Does your cult encourage the flock to mingle with dissenters? NO, quite the opposite. Why do you bear false witness against Rose_NoHo's experience?
Isn't it you who demands "TRUST ME" with reams of Watchtower spam?

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

#114068 Oct 5, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not collect unemployment.I collect my pension ,social security and live off my investments.
God has been good to me.
No, IF what you say is true, then you have worked hard.
curious wrote:
<quoted text> But let us get back to brass tacks.
You and whoever the other 1 or 2 Atheists that infest this website , in your ignorance , have tried , time and again to dissuade me from my faith.
Now that I have a better understanding of the false and misleading
Atheists have no illusions about dissuading you from your faith.
It is the seekers after knowledge, the unsure and uncommitted, the "fence sitters" if you will, that we are addressing. They come by and read this forum. They listen to the likes of you and Yaa...and they listen to us. They consider what reasoning seems best to them.
THAT is what we do ...and why we do it.
curious wrote:
<quoted text> Like you said ,.You are here to annoy ,which leads one to conclude that you must lead a very boring life,. you all serve no useful purpose here [/QUOTE

Wrong.

[QUOTE who="curious"]<qu oted text> Moreover , it totally destroys your deceitful attempt to mislead.
"Mislead" is only your opinion. I enlighten.
curious wrote:
<quoted text> You claimed that you always tried to do the right thing . You self proclaimed yourself a decent person.
You claim to live by the Golden rule , Do unto others as you would have others do unto you.
Then you confess your true nature , You are here in a tireless effort to annoy whomever you can.
You have no discernable sense of humor, you know?
Do I really need to put "lol" after something like that for you to get it?

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

#114069 Oct 5, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
The witchinthewoods admitted to working for a Christian lady as a Christmas tree decorator.
It is ironic ,were it not for the one she denies , she would not have a job.
God is good to believers and unbelievers.
Did I say that Xmas tree decorating was the ONLY thing I do?
Dolt.

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

#114070 Oct 5, 2013
Welcome Rose! I have seen you on a few other forums.
Nice to have another voice for sanity and reason here.
Be aware that you will be accused of being me or Mike or lol or Lodi.
The "believers" here aren't too bright.
They believe that there can't be more than 2 or at best, 3 atheists posting here.
Anywhoooo, Welcome!

“See how you are?”

Earth

#114071 Oct 5, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
Did I say that Xmas tree decorating was the ONLY thing I do?
Dolt.
Decorating the xmas tree is one of my least tasks - ranking just above packing it up again. I'd rather string outside lights in a cold rain. I do enjoy the spirit of sharing that accompanies the season, tho. That's probably yet another thing that sets me at odds with tea party sistas and retired bankers.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#114072 Oct 5, 2013
edit: ...least favorite tasks...
My opinion

Cincinnati, OH

#114073 Oct 5, 2013
Once again, don't legislate until you have been in a classroom and understand what goes on in a school. Elementary teachers have too much to teach in a year as it is. Put your kids into private school or home school them if this is what you want.

Since: Feb 12

Rancho Cordova, CA

#114074 Oct 5, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
The part where you say, "he could not be your friend if you did not convert". We do not use such leverage as such to gain converts!
Conversion is between you and God!
I know you are not telling the truth. You would not admit it on topix because the other JW's would admonish you for apostasy. So I will show evidence that backs up Rose NoHo claim.

No Part of the World: How Jehovah’s Witnesses Perform the Boundaries of their Community

Joseph Blankholm,
Columbia University

Jehovah’s Witnesses advise their membership against having any unnecessary association with Worldly people, which often includes coworkers and classmates. Commonly cited at their meetings
and in their Bible literature is 1 Corinthians 15:33:“Do not be misled

http://www.academia.edu/1038258/No_Part_of_th...
kejgkejgqggggbeq r

Somerset, KY

#114075 Oct 5, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is more proof: NOTICE THE LAST PARAGRAPH!
What Is a Bible Study?
Jehovah’s Witnesses offer a Bible study program that answers many questions, including:
• Who is God?
• Does God really care about me?
• How can I improve my marriage?
• How can I find happiness in life?
Below you will find answers to frequently asked questions about our Bible study program.
What is the format of the study course? We take such topics as “God” or “marriage” and examine different Bible verses that relate to the subject. By comparing them, we see what the Bible as a whole says about the topic, and in this way we let the Bible interpret itself.
To assist us in studying the Bible, we use the book What Does the Bible Really Teach? This book clearly presents, among other subjects, what the Bible really says about God, Jesus, and our future.
How much does a Bible study cost? The study is free, and there is no charge for the study material.
How long are the study sessions? Many people set aside an hour or so each week to study the Bible with us. But the length of the study is flexible. We’ll adapt it to your schedule.
What happens when I request a Bible study? When you request a Bible study, one of Jehovah’s Witnesses will visit you at a time and place convenient for you. He or she will take a few minutes to demonstrate our study program. If you like it, you can continue.
NOTICE:
If I accept a Bible study, do I have to become one of Jehovah’s Witnesses? No. Jehovah’s Witnesses love teaching people about the Bible, but we never force anyone to become a member of our religion. Rather, we respectfully present what the Bible says, recognizing that each person has the right to choose what he or she will believe.—1 Peter 3:15.
Go on line to: www jw.org to make a request for a Bible study.
They sure do force you to stay a member tho. They make their children get baptized at an early age, I've seen them baptized as young as 12 before. The kids do it willingly, wanting to make their parents proud and if you're a teenager who hasn't been baptized yet they you're considered spiritually weak and people start to talk about you.

When you turn 18 and decide you want to leave the JWs then they threaten you with losing all your friends and family and that's what happens. They dissfellowship you and you lose every friend and family member that's a JW. They are not allowed to even send you an email to see how you're doing.

That's one of my problems with the JWs, they let children make an adult decision that effects them the rest of their lives. Kids don't understand that their parents will stop loving them if the decide they don't want to be a JW or if they just don't believe in the crap. They claim they do it because they love their child and they want them to come back but that's BS, actions speak louder than words. Not to mention when you have an 18 year old child that lost everything they ever knew then they usually end up turning to drugs or just killing themselves. The suicide rate is high among these young adults.

The JWs are an evil cult that hurts children. Stay away from them. How can anyone stop loving their child because they don't want to be in the same religion as their parents?

Rancho Cordova, CA

#114076 Oct 5, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
As far as blood transfusions see Leviticus 17:11-14 No soul of YOU must eat blood and no alien resident who is residing as an alien in YOUR midst should eat blood.”
and Acts 15: 28,29 ;For the holy spirit and we ourselves have favored adding no further burden to YOU, except these necessary things, 29 ;to keep abstaining from things sacrificed to idols and FROM BLOOD and from things strangled and from fornication. If YOU carefully keep yourselves from these things, YOU will prosper. Good health to YOU!”
Notice the Bible put Transfusions and eating blood in bad company right along with idol worship and fornication.
Why would the Bible say to abstain from blood and then conclude by saying, "Good health to you? You are not the only one who thinks you/they know more than God.
Jehovah Witnesses due take blood. Example would be for kidney dialysis. The blood leaves the body will go into a machine to be cleaned then transferred back to the body. So you are now eating your own blood. Yummy.
kejgkejgqggggbeq r

Somerset, KY

#114077 Oct 5, 2013
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
Jehovah Witnesses due take blood. Example would be for kidney dialysis. The blood leaves the body will go into a machine to be cleaned then transferred back to the body. So you are now eating your own blood. Yummy.
They sure don't care to eat a nice bloody steak either.

Rancho Cordova, CA

#114078 Oct 5, 2013
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
edit: Jehovah Witnesses do take blood.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#114079 Oct 5, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
Welcome Rose! I have seen you on a few other forums.
Nice to have another voice for sanity and reason here.
Be aware that you will be accused of being me or Mike or lol or Lodi.
The "believers" here aren't too bright.
They believe that there can't be more than 2 or at best, 3 atheists posting here.
Anywhoooo, Welcome!
Futile attempt at throwing up a smokescreen and unsuccesful attempt at reverse psychology. LOL
I am sure Rose will shortly fill this thread with thorns , what with all the fertilizer you 2 Atheists spread on this board.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#114080 Oct 5, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
No, IF what you say is true, then you have worked hard.
<quoted text>
Atheists have no illusions about dissuading you from your faith.
It is the seekers after knowledge, the unsure and uncommitted, the "fence sitters" if you will, that we are addressing. They come by and read this forum. They listen to the likes of you and Yaa...and they listen to us. They consider what reasoning seems best to them.
THAT is what we do ...and why we do it.
<quoted text>
"Mislead" is only your opinion. I enlighten.
<quoted text>
You have no discernable sense of humor, you know?
Do I really need to put "lol" after something like that for you to get it?
You have presented what your supposedly objectives are , but ,were unable to present any accomplishments
Let us look at what atheists have accoplished on this website.

Satanic Priest; by his own admission on harlan topix,while posting under jimmy rants , confessed that he had used 6 different monikers,
He has been banned from Topix for violating rules, profanity
After being banned , he posted on this thread one more time under one of his monikers APPLACHA .Never was heard from again
Skeptacal spektakals,,, Banned
UMM Banned
Yiago ,,,Either banned or possibly detained in a mental institution
Yiago claimed that he found evidence that Michael Jackson was prophesied in the Bible.
Said the same thing about King Kong.
Mentally confused and known for his condoning profanity.
For the tremendous amount of time , energy and effort that you all dedicate to posting on this thread you have accomplished zilch
and managed to get yourselves banned for unruly and indecent behaviour.
That is how your human nature has rewarded you.
Knbown Fact

Orlando, FL

#114081 Oct 5, 2013
kejgkejgqggggbeqr wrote:
<quoted text>
They sure don't care to eat a nice bloody steak either.
The Bible requires the animal to be properly bled and so does the FDA.
Knbown Fact

Orlando, FL

#114082 Oct 5, 2013
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
edit: Jehovah Witnesses do take blood.
I would like to buy you for what you know and sell you for what you THINK you know. Lottery!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
tara 44 min Heard 3
Liquor License to locals only 1 hr Monopoly 7
chinese restaurant RUDE 1 hr Calli Anna 9
Liquor sales or kids welfare ? CHOICE ! 2 hr STFU 10
Shawntaea and curt Brown? 3 hr mom 15
Bonita you Promised Kids First ! 4 hr Not liquor first 7
School board member chooses liquor over KIDS ! 4 hr Granny 10
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages