Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 147244 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#114026 Oct 4, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea-that's actually a rather generous tally.
ONE HUNDRED percent of Americans have SOME sort of issue or another-
Why?
Because NONE of them are perfect-INCLUDING YOUR blind to your Own ignorance SELF.
The issue was a drinking problem, not an issue in general. Nice diversion though.
Known Fact

Kissimmee, FL

#114027 Oct 4, 2013
Is a transfusion really the same as eating blood?
In a hospital, when a patient cannot eat through his mouth, he is fed intravenously. Now, would a person who never put blood into his mouth but who accepted blood by transfusion really be obeying the command to “keep abstaining from . . . blood”?(Acts 15:29) To use a comparison, consider a man who is told by the doctor that he must abstain from alcohol. Would he be obedient if he quit drinking alcohol but had it put directly into his veins?

Since: Feb 12

Roseville, CA

#114028 Oct 4, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
That is one of the most unintelligent questions that has ever been posed to me.
First od all ,I am not a folloer of budha.
I do not follow Budhism ,nor do I claim to understand it.
Secondly , my God and my Lord Jesus Christ , does not require me to burn myself alive in order to prove my faith.
My faith is proven by my works.
I do believe you already know that.
You are undoubtedly trying to make a very misguided point.
If you have a point to make ,get to it.
You're so stupid that you cannot answer the question about the buddist having faith.

My point is I don't believe a quack like you and your sorry ass preaching anymore than you believe the Pope dumb ass.

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#114029 Oct 4, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I am pretty sure decorating Christmas threes are in very few job descriptions, but nice diversion as usual.
And just because sista and yourself use several names here, does not mean others do.
Again, please note the writing styles. If we are the same person, we are extremely talented.
You are a hell of debater, Mike. Extremely talented, I would say.
As for me, I'm not that good at debating (trying to learn from reading you and others) but I am a fairly talented artist.

I've always had jobs that I enjoy.
Decorating Xmas trees is a seasonal part of being a florist.
I no longer do it as part of my regular job, as the shop I work in now doesn't do that kind of thing. But I still have clients who call me every year to do their trees.
I just chuckle to myself, make their tree beautiful and take the money.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#114030 Oct 4, 2013
concerned wrote:
The danger in teaching the Bible is that this book has the power to create faith even in an atheist. If it is allowed to be taught there is a strong possibility someone could be converted to Jesus Christ. Under the current world views is it possible to allow such a powerful tool for good to be taught in public schools and that before the young minds of the future?
If more people read the buy bull there would be more atheists. I'm talking about really reading it. Before we finish the first chapter, we can dismiss it as the inerrant word of god. And it's full of horrors. Of god ordering people tortured to death for picking up sticks on a Saturday. Of god ordering the slaughter of entire towns.
I suggest that if people are really interested in the buybull, they should check out
http://www.evilbible.com

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#114031 Oct 4, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea-that's actually a rather generous tally.
ONE HUNDRED percent of Americans have SOME sort of issue or another-
Why?
Because NONE of them are perfect-INCLUDING YOUR blind to your Own ignorance SELF.
You're just jealous because I'm perfect and you aren't.
LOL!

Santa Monica, CA

#114032 Oct 4, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
And just what part of the Bible are you referring to????
(Moses) stood at the entrance to the camp and shouted, "All of you who are on the LORD's side, come over here and join me." And all the Levites came. He told them, "This is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says: Strap on your swords! Go back and forth from one end of the camp to the other, killing even your brothers, friends, and neighbors." The Levites obeyed Moses, and about three thousand people died that day. Then Moses told the Levites, "Today you have been ordained for the service of the LORD, for you obeyed him even though it meant killing your own sons and brothers. Because of this, he will now give you a great blessing." (Exodus 32:26-29 NLT)

Santa Monica, CA

#114033 Oct 4, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
In a hospital, when a patient cannot eat through his mouth, he is fed intravenously. Now, would a person who never put blood into his mouth but who accepted blood by transfusion really be obeying the command to “keep abstaining from . . . blood”?(Acts 15:29) To use a comparison, consider a man who is told by the doctor that he must abstain from alcohol. Would he be obedient if he quit drinking alcohol but had it put directly into his veins?
Just ignore the bible, and its silly teachings. Problem solved.

Santa Monica, CA

#114034 Oct 4, 2013
Does god exist? Well, to answer that question, we have to define/describe god. If we don't, or you say something like "god is all their is", there is nothing to debate. If you say "you can't limit god with a definition", there is nothing to debate, it would be like debating if "rfeaiatsy" exists or not.
So, let's describe god.
He's an all knowing, all powerful being who has a set of rules he wants us to obey.(Even if that set of rules is, "Repent and accept Jesus")
Now, here is a simple fact. We don't all know god's rules. I can say that's a *fact* because people believe conflicting (not just different) sets of rules are god's rules. So, not everybody can be right, and thus we know not everybody knows god's rules. Since this is the case, either god doesn't have the ability to tell us the rules, or he doesn't care if we follow the rules. In either case, he wouldn't be god.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#114035 Oct 4, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
I work for my paychecks, a$$hole.
4 days a week in one job, 2 days in another.
You will not see me posting during the day, except for Tuesdays (usually).
And, in my spare time, I have a hobby that makes money.
All so that once or twice a year I can travel.
Topix is just a hobby for annoying idiots like you.
You, however, are here a lot. Collecting unemployment?
OK So you are a troll ,an unsuccesful one at that.
You do not annoy me , You are my entertainment center.
Seems to me that I am the one that does the annoying.
I do not collect unemployment.I collect my pension ,social security and live off my investments.
God has been good to me.
But let us get back to brass tacks.
You and whoever the other 1 or 2 Atheists that infest this website , in your ignorance , have tried , time and again to dissuade me from my faith.
Now that I have a better understanding of the false and misleading foundation of atheism , my faith has been strengthened.
Your illusions and delusions have no power over what God has instilled in my heart and mind.
Like you said ,.You are here to annoy ,which leads one to conclude that you must lead a very boring life,. you all serve no useful purpose here
Moreover , it totally destroys your deceitful attempt to mislead.
You claimed that you always tried to do the right thing . You self proclaimed yourself a decent person.
You claim to live by the Golden rule , Do unto others as you would have others do unto you.
Then you confess your true nature , You are here in a tireless effort to annoy whomever you can.
Well HONEY , you do not annoy me.
Like i've said before ,, I enjoy playing mental games with feeble minds...
Not under the moniker of Witchinthewoods ,kittenkodder and other aliases you have at your disposal , are you able to annoy me.
Meeera , tutsi babu Arrividerci

Brujeria ,brujeria , no acabara con la vida mia.

porta fa ala radeskatz en benera elein bredensatz LOL
Known Fact

Kissimmee, FL

#114036 Oct 4, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
In a hospital, when a patient cannot eat through his mouth, he is fed intravenously. Now, would a person who never put blood into his mouth but who accepted blood by transfusion really be obeying the command to “keep abstaining from ... blood”?(Acts 15:29) To use a comparison, consider a man who is told by the doctor that he must abstain from alcohol. Would he be obedient if he quit drinking alcohol but had it put directly into his veins?
‘But we do allow them to have transfusions—the safer kind. We accept the kind of transfusions that don’t carry the risk of such things as AIDS, hepatitis, and malaria. We want the best treatment for our children, as I am sure that any loving parent would.’
Known Fact

Kissimmee, FL

#114037 Oct 4, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
Does god exist? Well, to answer that question, we have to define/describe god. If we don't, or you say something like "god is all their is", there is nothing to debate. If you say "you can't limit god with a definition", there is nothing to debate, it would be like debating if "rfeaiatsy" exists or not.
So, let's describe god.
He's an all knowing, all powerful being who has a set of rules he wants us to obey.(Even if that set of rules is, "Repent and accept Jesus")
Now, here is a simple fact. We don't all know god's rules. I can say that's a *fact* because people believe conflicting (not just different) sets of rules are god's rules. So, not everybody can be right, and thus we know not everybody knows god's rules. Since this is the case, either god doesn't have the ability to tell us the rules, or he doesn't care if we follow the rules. In either case, he wouldn't be god.
Jehovah's Witnesses publish a book titled: "WHAT DOES THE BIBLE REALLY TEACH?"
You would do well to obtain a free copy and read it with an open mind or you can go on line to www.jw.org/publications and you can read it on line.
Enjoy
kejgkejgqggggbeq r

Somerset, KY

#114038 Oct 4, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
You should be thankful to GOD that Jehovah's Witnesses are mild tempered or you could be tracked down and charged with slander for all of the false statements you have made
Slander? Really? I was born in that cult. There are a lot of times that the justice system steps in and orders a blood transfusion despite the parent's plea to let their child die. All anyone has to do is Google "JW Conti" and watch my words turn to truth or Google "Silent Lamb" and listen to real life stories of what I say. You scream slander because you have nothing else to scream.

You know, I typed in something that was rude, showed my hate for your child abusing cult but I deleted it and instead I will leave you with this. Get out man, do a little research and read some things that they forbid you to read. If your faith is so strong and you can not be moved then read Franz's book, Crisis of Conscience. He was a member of the Governing Body, he was there and his book isn't bashing the JW's it's his story on why he finally had enough and left.

I was once like you man however I'm not so proud to say I was wrong. This generation will not pass away before the end comes or the millions now living will never die. You know they were wrong but yet for many. many years this was their selling point at all the doors. I hope you quit wasting your life and I hope the best for you. You won't believe how green the grass is over here.

In Jesus name amen.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#114039 Oct 4, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I am pretty sure decorating Christmas threes are in very few job descriptions, but nice diversion as usual.
And just because sista and yourself use several names here, does not mean others do.
Again, please note the writing styles. If we are the same person, we are extremely talented.
The witchinthewoods admitted to working for a Christian lady as a Christmas tree decorator.
It is ironic ,were it not for the one she denies , she would not have a job.
God is good to believers and unbelievers.
kejgkejgqggggbeq r

Somerset, KY

#114040 Oct 4, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
If a doctor told you to stop drinking, if you used some alcohol on a cut would you be considered drinking? Your example is wrong, it's just what they tell you to say.

How do you eat your steak? I like mine medium rare, closer to the rare side. That has a little blood in it and do the JWs consider it wrong, hell no they don't. You want to know why? Because the GB hasn't told you yet that you must eat your meat well done.

That same doctor that told you to quit drinking will use alcohol on you for other reasons. To let little children die because of that is just cruel. You worship man, the GB and not God. To say God would rather a child die than get a blood transfusion is not a God that needs worshiped.

Would you let your child die if a blood transfusion would save their life? Would you?
Known Fact

Kissimmee, FL

#114041 Oct 4, 2013
kejgkejgqggggbeqr wrote:
<quoted text>
Slander? Really? I was born in that cult. There are a lot of times that the justice system steps in and orders a blood transfusion despite the parent's plea to let their child die. All anyone has to do is Google "JW Conti" and watch my words turn to truth or Google "Silent Lamb" and listen to real life stories of what I say. You scream slander because you have nothing else to scream.
You know, I typed in something that was rude, showed my hate for your child abusing cult but I deleted it and instead I will leave you with this. Get out man, do a little research and read some things that they forbid you to read. If your faith is so strong and you can not be moved then read Franz's book, Crisis of Conscience. He was a member of the Governing Body, he was there and his book isn't bashing the JW's it's his story on why he finally had enough and left.
I was once like you man however I'm not so proud to say I was wrong. This generation will not pass away before the end comes or the millions now living will never die. You know they were wrong but yet for many. many years this was their selling point at all the doors. I hope you quit wasting your life and I hope the best for you. You won't believe how green the grass is over here.
In Jesus name amen.
I have been one of Jehovah's Witnesses for over 40 years, I know first hand of the Apostate information out there. Some love to publish anything they think will sell. They should show up on American Greed!
curious

Ocoee, FL

#114042 Oct 4, 2013
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
You're so stupid that you cannot answer the question about the buddist having faith.
My point is I don't believe a quack like you and your sorry ass preaching anymore than you believe the Pope dumb ass.
Heinz 57 , They left the cap off the bottle when they tipped you upside down. As a result , that runny ketchup that passes for your brain has drained out unto the floor.
You wanna know if a Budhist has faith ,then ,ask a budhist , you nincompoop...
BTW the point or your point as the case might be , is in your head. Testa di cipolla ben y ca
kejgkejgqggggbeq r

Somerset, KY

#114043 Oct 4, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
Known Fact wrote:
In a hospital, when a patient cannot eat through his mouth, he is fed intravenously. Now, would a person who never put blood into his mouth but who accepted blood by transfusion really be obeying the command to “keep abstaining from ... blood”?(Acts 15:29) To use a comparison, consider a man who is told by the doctor that he must abstain from alcohol. Would he be obedient if he quit drinking alcohol but had it put directly into his veins?
‘But we do allow them to have transfusions—the safer kind. We accept the kind of transfusions that don’t carry the risk of such things as AIDS, hepatitis, and malaria. We want the best treatment for our children, as I am sure that any loving parent would.’
The JWs allow fractions of blood but not all of the blood. What is the difference between taking part of the blood or all of the blood? The only reason the JWs allow fractions is to avoid lawsuits. It's funny how you're not allowed to go to college to become a lawyer yet they hire all kinds of lawyers to protect them from losing that free money coming in.

Seriously man, sit back and think about some of their teachings, look at what they flipped flopped over. Back in the day a woman could not divorce their JW husband if he had gay sex or had a little bestiality problem. They just call it the bright got brighter instead of we just got caught with our pants down and we were wrong again.

How in clear conscience can you repeat the JW's lies?
Known Fact

Kissimmee, FL

#114044 Oct 4, 2013
kejgkejgqggggbeqr wrote:
<quoted text>
If a doctor told you to stop drinking, if you used some alcohol on a cut would you be considered drinking? Your example is wrong, it's just what they tell you to say.
How do you eat your steak? I like mine medium rare, closer to the rare side. That has a little blood in it and do the JWs consider it wrong, hell no they don't. You want to know why? Because the GB hasn't told you yet that you must eat your meat well done.
That same doctor that told you to quit drinking will use alcohol on you for other reasons. To let little children die because of that is just cruel. You worship man, the GB and not God. To say God would rather a child die than get a blood transfusion is not a God that needs worshiped.
Would you let your child die if a blood transfusion would save their life? Would you?
There is no guarantee that a transfusion will save a life. Why don't you publish information on how many have been killed by giving a transfusion? WHY?
Known Fact

Kissimmee, FL

#114045 Oct 4, 2013
I can understand your point of view. I suppose you are imagining your own child in that situation. As parents we would do everything possible to safeguard our child’s welfare, wouldn’t we? So if folks like you and me were going to refuse some sort of medical treatment for our child, there would certainly have to be some compelling reason for it. Do you think that some parents might be influenced by what God’s Word says here at Acts 15:28, 29?’ So the question is, Do we have enough faith to do what God commands?’

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
heard heather smith was out 5 min Single 14
Kentucky Fried Chicken (Aug '14) 12 min Listen 17
Give to the church 1 hr Eloise Dawson 5
Time is of essence 2 hr Time is of essence 1
~~Keep A Word~~Drop A Word Game. (Jun '10) 2 hr Princess Hey 1,195
Brenda Wallace 2 hr Lol 1
Roark Meats or the Slaughter house (Feb '13) 3 hr infoman 21
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages