Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
108,601 - 108,620 of 130,536 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
SistaNoneYa

Manchester, KY

#113788 Sep 30, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>We're the jerks?
Do you even know what the word Hypocrite means?
I think he just likes to sling that word around--because it's one of the longer ones in his vocabulary maybe?

Duquette?

Since: Sep 13

United States of America

#113789 Sep 30, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
I think he just likes to sling that word around--because it's one of the longer ones in his vocabulary maybe?
Duquette?

If anyone is bliss to the definition of hypocrite, It's you.
If anyone is bliss to the correct application of words in a sentence; Again, It's you. Ignorance is indeed Bliss!

Since: Feb 12

Roseville, CA

#113790 Sep 30, 2013
Atheists Taxed For Not Going To Church?(Oh My God!)

Roseville, CA

#113791 Sep 30, 2013
An Atheist Destroyed Hannity

Roseville, CA

#113792 Sep 30, 2013
Are religious Americans really this stupid?

stuckinalodi

Manchester, KY

#113793 Sep 30, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
If anyone is bliss to the definition of hypocrite, It's you.
If anyone is bliss to the correct application of words in a sentence; Again, It's you. Ignorance is indeed Bliss!
And stuckinalodi is a perfect example of it

United States of America

#113794 Sep 30, 2013
stuckinalodi wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Alright y then!

United States of America

#113795 Sep 30, 2013
stuckinalodi wrote:
<quoted text>
Laughing my ash off...You do realize you called your own made up Moniker ignorant in your post? Therefore I agree !

SS I can't believe Sista is this dang ignorant. If she is a representation of the Religious minds at work.... It's critical!
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

#113797 Oct 1, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
Water is water. It doesn't need to be "holy."
Speaking your delusion at it doesn't change it at all.
The water remains water.
The oil remains oil.
YOU remain you.
It's sad that you hate yourself so much.
Perhaps someday you will forgive yourself ...then you can dispense with your fantasy.
Hold that thought!
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

#113798 Oct 1, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it's apparent that you have absolutely no imagination... oh one who believes in invisible gods, demons, heaven and hell.
*snicker*
Don't forget "Blind fools"!
I'd love for your eyes to be opened soon!
I was going to say something different, but the Holy Spirit
told me to say this!
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

#113799 Oct 1, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Be kind, WitW. The hell of addiction takes no imagination - whether it's addiction to drugs or religion.
He HAS to believe in the Christ superhuman mythos or the bad things that lurk outside his hut at night will steal his soul while he dreams.
Oh Clueless Wonder...
You only Hope Christ is un-real...
You, like all atheists will find out how wrong you were!
I still pray for you... all!
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

#113800 Oct 1, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So nothing is said in the bible you think is perfect, yet for some reason you feel you know how to make holy water. So how do you get this information?
Clueless one...
It was your Catholic's, and their brand of exorcism that made "Holy" water... Jesus never needed Holy water to rid
people of demons!
Everything is made clean by blessing it...
Jesus said so!
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

#113801 Oct 1, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Without imagination one would think like an animal. It is what separates us from other animals. With evidence and the ability to connect the dots(imagination) we would have zero technology.
We know the earth has been here for four and a half billion years. That is a great amount of time. We know through hard evidence life has been here for over three billion of those years. That is a great amount if time. We know with hard evidence species have come and gone many times in this span of time. Many if not all of the species are strikingly similar to others. They look to be related in close ways in a pattern that looks as if one species lead to the other.
Now your imagination may be hindered to connect the dots in this pattern. Likely due to indoctrination, from all appearances.
"Without imagination one would think like an animal"...
I thought acting like Animals was the root of your claims?
You cannot have it both ways!
Either your actions are controlled by your being an animal. or
it's your imaginations that prove you evil!
Oh wait! The Bible says a LOT about your vain Imaginations!
I'll go with that!
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

#113802 Oct 1, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I was in a restaurant a couple months back and a family prayed over their meal.(I have no problem with that, btw.) Your post just got me to wondering - would the blessed bottles of Heinz 57(r) and Tabasco(r) left on the table then be defiled by Muslims and atheists who ate at that table later? How should the wait staff have properly disposed of it, then? Would it be considered a hazmat to Catholics, mummies and vampires?
I don't think it passes over to others...
Or... we'd bless all the food in the world, and not have to say it every time!
"have to say" not the proper term, as we Give thanks for ALL we have!
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

#113803 Oct 1, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Umm no...obl didn't seem quite as delusional.
"Seem"...?
:-)
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

#113804 Oct 1, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Duquette?
He does like long words...
He thinks it makes him look smarter than he is!
SistaNoneYa

Manchester, KY

#113805 Oct 1, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
Alright y then!
Only if you're a desperate, delusional, patheTIC, parasite, psychoTic LOSER.
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

#113806 Oct 1, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what YaA, it was very nice to read you say that...for some very special reasons..thank you...you made my day!!:-)
:-)

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#113807 Oct 1, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Oh Clueless Wonder...
You only Hope Christ is un-real...
You, like all atheists will find out how wrong you were!
I still pray for you... all!
Oh, Clueless Wonder...
Let me spell it out for you AGAIN. Jesus was a social reformer. After his death cults were formed around him that resulted in creative aggrandizement and eventually the hocus pocus mysteries that became canonized - by the very same early CATHOLIC church that you deem idolizers and misled by Satan.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#113808 Oct 1, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Might I make a suggestion?
Since you ,Duquette , Q , Witchetty ,Spacedout, Lodi and others feel so strongly about your opinions ,why don't you get involved politically and run an Atheist for national office instead of wasting your time posting nonsense on Topix.
On the other hand , since your views are so diametrically opposed to the majority of Americans , your candidate would be soundly trounced.
All studies indicate that Atheists are the most distrusted group in america , bar none.
The most recent study was conducted by the University of Minnesota, which found that atheists ranked lower than "Muslims, recent immigrants, gays and lesbians and other minority groups in 'sharing their vision of American society.' Atheists are also the minority group most Americans are least willing to allow their children to marry." The results from two of the most important questions were:
This group does not at all agree with my vision of American society...
Atheist: 39.6%
Muslims: 26.3%
Homosexuals: 22.6%
Hispanics: 20%
Conservative Christians: 13.5%
Recent Immigrants: 12.5%
Jews: 7.6%
I would disapprove if my child wanted to marry a member of this group....
Atheist: 47.6%
Muslim: 33.5%
African-American 27.2%
Asian-Americans: 18.5%
Hispanics: 18.5%
Jews: 11.8%
Conservative Christians: 6.9%
Whites: 2.3%
Distrust and fear go hand in hand and with them, bigotry - as your polls clearly indicated. Am I supposed to kow-tow to these mainstream prejudices and biases? It may be well and good for you, but not for me. I am an independent voter. I vote for whomever I feel most qualified and I don't greatly care about their denomination or ethnicity - unless they use and abuse it to garner unwarranted public respect. My daughter and son are their own persons, who make their own adult decisions. I've never had ownership of them, only stewardship to the best of my ability until they could stand on their own. As I stated - religions are all about fears.(There are even states that officially deem atheists ineligible for elected offices.) If a candidate lords themselves as a Southern Baptist, it only validates my concern that the Southern Baptists' policies will carry a greater weight in public policy than the Jews, Presbyterians, Catholics or yes, even Muslims. I've found that the more devout one is to a cause, the more skewed is their understanding and application of principles. I had misgivings that Obama touted himself as a member of Chicago's largest black church (which I have since come to believe was/is a socio-political convenience) and I have concerns when a candidate is proud of "belonging to" of a lily-white church, too. I don't speak for the others you mention, but I do not believe in religion, dogma, and doctrine, and the organizations that tell people they must commune THEIR way (at 10% gross or net) or get the Hell out. Be that as it may, you've confused me with being an atheist, but I am agnostic. I am well aware of the chasm that yawns between religion and spirituality and you are greatly mistaken in believing that because I am not all about orating my philosophies (or an adopted set, either) for all the world to murmur about, you think I do not believe in anything at all. Harm none, be the uncarved block, treat thy neighbor as thyself.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 15 min LMS 1,454
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 2 hr Owl 81,598
Secret Mitch McConnell Recording 2 hr turtle chin 4
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 4 hr SLY WEST 3,493
laptops 5 hr travis 3
New club in Barbourville? 5 hr Yea right 46
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 hr Limbertwig 151,261
Roger Vanover trying to buy perscription medici... (May '12) 14 hr Girl 40
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••