Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 143105 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Since: Feb 12

Roseville, CA

#113949 Oct 3, 2013
I think God has severe anger problems. Gods little shop of horror.

Deuteronomy 32:

19-25 God saw it and turned on his heel,
angered and hurt by his sons and daughters.
Wait and see what happens to them.
My anger started a fire,
I’ll pile catastrophes on them,
I’ll shoot my arrows at them:
Starvation, blistering heat, killing disease;
I’ll send snarling wild animals to attack from the forest
and venomous creatures to strike from the dust.
Killing in the streets,
terror in the houses,
Young men and virgins alike struck down,
and yes, breast-feeding babies and gray-haired old men.”

This part shows God afraid his enemy will show him up. So God wants to do all the killing himself.

26-27 I could have said,“I’ll hack them to pieces,
wipe out all trace of them from the Earth,”
Except that I feared the enemy would grab the chance to take credit for all of it

Since: Sep 13

United States of America

#113950 Oct 3, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not make that allegation.
The study that I cited made a point that Atheists find believers to be more trustworthy than their fellow Atheists.
I find that to be incredulous.
That is as surprising as the members of the KKK stating that they trust the NAACP more than their own members.
Obviously , Atheists know something about their belief system that makes them trust believers more than they do thir own.
It is the atheists who drew the believers into the equation.
That Atheists don't trust atheists is not my doing , it is your doing.
My problem right now is trying to figure out how many other monikers you use and what excuse you might use in order to deny them as I bring them to light.
I have found two of the six studies conducted in your post.... and proven both of them to be chock full of bigotry and prejudice....It's not my problem you lack the ability to understand that which you are reading!
My search is on going and I'm sure the outcome will be the same in the other 4 studies as with the two I've discovered...Bull $hit!
kejgkejgqggggbeq r

Somerset, KY

#113951 Oct 3, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>True that! Many will say they would not vote for an atheist, but if an atheist was on a presidential ticket, and was a good candidate, I doubt all of these people would refuse to vote for them.
Actually I am shocked that number is so high. Clearly many theist are open to voting for an atheist after all.
Mitt Romney was a well know Christian and was of the Mormon faith. Obama was called everything from an Atheist to a Muslim.

United States of America

#113952 Oct 3, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not make that allegation.
The study that I cited made a point that Atheists find believers to be more trustworthy than their fellow Atheists.
I find that to be incredulous.
That is as surprising as the members of the KKK stating that they trust the NAACP more than their own members.
Obviously , Atheists know something about their belief system that makes them trust believers more than they do thir own.
It is the atheists who drew the believers into the equation.
That Atheists don't trust atheists is not my doing , it is your doing.
My problem right now is trying to figure out how many other monikers you use and what excuse you might use in order to deny them as I bring them to light.
All it takes is a little research to find the answer, and Gervais's opinion of the reason why. >People are willing to hire an atheist for a job that is perceived as low-trust, for instance as a waitress,” said Gervais.“But when hiring for a high-trust job like daycare worker, they were like, nope, not going to hire an atheist for that job.”

The antipathy does not seem to run both ways, though. Atheists are indifferent to religious belief when it comes to deciding who is trustworthy.

“Atheists don’t necessarily favour other atheists over Christians or anyone else,” he said.“They seem to think that religion is not an important signal for who you can trust.”

The researchers found that religious believers thought that descriptions of untrustworthy people — people who steal or cheat — were more likely to be atheists than Christians, Muslims, Jews, gays or feminists.
NOTE>...... Atheists don't necessarily favor other atheist over CHRISTIANS OR ANYONE ELSE!!!! in other words, they are less judgmental than that of the "Christian' they base their decision on things other than one's religious or irreligious background!
Something Christian's undoubtedly cannot do, as this study suggests!
Basically, Atheist are intelligent and can make rationale, un bias decisions without prejudice. As with Atheist, Religion is not an important factor when deciding whom to trust or not.

United States of America

#113953 Oct 3, 2013
As predicted, another study bites the dust {Dick}proving that the Atheist Nation has more intelligence, character, and ethics. than those participating in this study!

United States of America

#113954 Oct 3, 2013
Hey Dick> Any other studies you want me to interpret for you, just let me know. It's obvious when computing the information given and the Author's opinion of the findings that you are completely clueless!

United States of America

#113955 Oct 3, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Touche ,It does fit me perfectly. My name is Richard Head.
my friends call me Dick.
Because of my size ,6ft.9 in. 320 lbs. some of my friends call me Big Dick
Kinda embarassing, especially in mixed company.
I am thrilled and overjoyed that you use your nose for more than a place to store your snots....But really,,That is more than I needed to know
In other words, Big Dick translates as lil pecker

lmao
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

#113956 Oct 4, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
The "Jewish Bible" does not recognize Christ and you are CLEARLY NOT knowledgeable or objective enough to pronounce what is correct and what is moth-eaten propaganda. Primarily, the Protestant Reformation splintered the wealth and power base held by the papacy and its representatives, but it did not appreciably change the tenets and rituals that had been established in Constantinople and Rome. There are no New Testament references in the Dead Sea Scrolls, and only about 40% of them contain information regarding the Tanakh, anyway.
The bastardization started with Paul, but you are right that it sure as heck didn't end with him.
You are Truly Clueless!
Good luck with that!
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

#113957 Oct 4, 2013
Ephesians 6

6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against
principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the
darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high
[places].
6:13 Wherefore take to you the whole armor of God, that ye may
be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to
stand.
6:14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth,
and having on the breast-plate of righteousness;
6:15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of
peace;
6:16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, with which ye will
be able to extinguish all the fiery darts of the wicked.
6:17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the
Spirit, which is the word of God:
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

#113958 Oct 4, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>The Jews wrote nothing of Jesus, so I am not sure what you think is so correct about it? The Dead sea scrolls does not confirm your version of Jesus.
The Catholic church burned many writings of Jesus in order to keep their version of the story intact.
Now you guys can war, as you have, over just what Jesus said, but it is all hearsay anyways.
Are you that CLUELESS?
What do you think Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Peter, James, Paul,
Jude... And Jesus were?? Jews! You silly ignorant boy!
Buy a Clue!

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#113959 Oct 4, 2013
Bible Believer wrote:
There is no book that has had a greater impact on the intellectual and spiritual history of the West, and of this country, for the better!
The Holy Bible, Mohandas Ghandi, and I prefer the KJV. Our country(the USA) was founded on Biblical principles, by Bible-believing men.
Historically, the Bible was the main (if not the ONLY) textbook in early American schools. The Bible is the oldest, most accurate, best-selling book of all time.
nope. The Bible was used in early schools simply and only because almost every house had one.
So now here it is, 2013 and there's no excuse for anyone to be illiterate - or ignorant, yet you still think that the U.S. was founded on faith. Not a great surprise. You probably think there were only 10 commandments, too. In fact, the OT has over 600 commandments... Oh, you mean THE TEN commandments - the ones that Jesus didn't fulfill. The ones written in stone...

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#113960 Oct 4, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>You are Truly Clueless!
Good luck with that!
Whatever you want to believe, YaA.
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

#113961 Oct 4, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>The Jews wrote nothing of Jesus, so I am not sure what you think is so correct about it? The Dead sea scrolls does not confirm your version of Jesus.
The Catholic church burned many writings of Jesus in order to keep their version of the story intact.
Now you guys can war, as you have, over just what Jesus said, but it is all hearsay anyways.
I have to add....
Everything written in the OT POINTS towards Christ, but
like you, and yours... They didn't 'want' to believe it!

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#113962 Oct 4, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
All it takes is a little research to find the answer, and Gervais's opinion of the reason why. >People are willing to hire an atheist for a job that is perceived as low-trust, for instance as a waitress,” said Gervais.“But when hiring for a high-trust job like daycare worker, they were like, nope, not going to hire an atheist for that job.”
The antipathy does not seem to run both ways, though. Atheists are indifferent to religious belief when it comes to deciding who is trustworthy.
“Atheists don’t necessarily favour other atheists over Christians or anyone else,” he said.“They seem to think that religion is not an important signal for who you can trust.”
The researchers found that religious believers thought that descriptions of untrustworthy people — people who steal or cheat — were more likely to be atheists than Christians, Muslims, Jews, gays or feminists.
NOTE>...... Atheists don't necessarily favor other atheist over CHRISTIANS OR ANYONE ELSE!!!! in other words, they are less judgmental than that of the "Christian' they base their decision on things other than one's religious or irreligious background!
Something Christian's undoubtedly cannot do, as this study suggests!
Basically, Atheist are intelligent and can make rationale, un bias decisions without prejudice. As with Atheist, Religion is not an important factor when deciding whom to trust or not.
Years ago I worked for a Christian woman.
Part of the work was decorating Christmas trees during the holiday season.
As a non-Christian, I had no problem with that.
I mean, who cares? It's just a tree with ornaments, far more a pagan symbol than Christian actually.
However the boss hired some part-time help for the holidays.
She hired a "Christian" ...who then refused to decorate trees because it was against her religion.
I can only assume she was Jehovahs Witness.
She was fired.
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

#113963 Oct 4, 2013
Bible Believer wrote:
There is no book that has had a greater impact on the intellectual and spiritual history of the West, and of this country, for the better!
The Holy Bible, Mohandas Ghandi, and I prefer the KJV. Our country(the USA) was founded on Biblical principles, by Bible-believing men.
Historically, the Bible was the main (if not the ONLY) textbook in early American schools. The Bible is the oldest, most accurate, best-selling book of all time.
Amen!
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

#113964 Oct 4, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Exodus.Try reading it at least once.
I say... Take you own advice, but do it twice!
Hoping it will sink in!
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

#113965 Oct 4, 2013
kejgkejgqggggbeqr wrote:
<quoted text>
Mitt Romney was a well know Christian and was of the Mormon faith. Obama was called everything from an Atheist to a Muslim.
He's surely NOT a Christian!
curious

Ocoee, FL

#113966 Oct 4, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words, Big Dick translates as lil pecker
lmao
Hey ,Heinz 57, don't get mad cause I threw you under the bus with your many monikers.
If you feel you must discuss male body parts , you need to find someone else. Maybe Q will take that up with ya
That is not my hobby.
I prefer playing with your mind.
well now

Jacksboro, TN

#113967 Oct 4, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Are you that CLUELESS?
What do you think Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Peter, James, Paul,
Jude... And Jesus were?? Jews! You silly ignorant boy!
Buy a Clue!
The problem is, although you are right, most of the people do not read or learn on their own. They only know what the preacher saids, they do not comprehend.
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

#113968 Oct 4, 2013
1948 + 3 score, and 10 = 2018... give or take!
The Re-birth of Israel, mentioned in the Bible
is Proof of God's existence, and His Love for
Israel, Jesus is Proof of His Love for ALL
of us....
Deny if you want to...
We cannot stop that!
God's word is True, and we pray for you!
Great day to you all!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Flat Lick Ball Coach Devin Mills 22 min CleanitUp 21
Where is preacher Lester on the weekends ? 28 min Fran 21
take me 1 hr sayinhi 1
Wet Vote Petition 1 hr The watcher 22
Will the federal grand jury indit Jm hall 2 hr Customer 2
Who's had Curt brown 2 hr pam 43
laptops 4 sale 3 hr John 8
Is judge ex Jm hall going to prison ? 4 hr Jailbird 10
walmart shooting 13 hr sittin ducks 18
Shooting at Walmart??? 13 hr People 50