Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 161002 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Since: Sep 13

United States of America

#113997 Oct 4, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I posted a study so it could be discussed. Anyone needing information on that subject could easily find it by a simple search.
No attempts were made to hide anything as all the information is available to the public.
The part I found interesting or perplexing is the opinion of Atheists that they trust believers more than they do their own.
That is NOT what that study said, I have posted what that comment was referencing to, your idiocy refuses to allow you the sense to comprehend it's meaning. Let me break in down in child-like format for you so that you might finally grasp it. When it comes to a trust issue, an atheist will not simply put their trust in someone simply because of their religion or lack there of...they weigh all information equally, w/out bias or prejudice, UNLIKE THE CHRISTIANS AND BELIEVERS THAT WERE THE PARTICIPANTS IN THIS STUDY!
No part of that study did it explicitly say,,,, atheist trust Christians over other atheist.
That was YOUR interpretation, which was Wrong! because you left out the rest of the statement!
Known Fact

Orlando, FL

#113998 Oct 4, 2013
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
Pope Francis says atheists can do good and go to heaven too!
http://www.catholic.org/hf/faith/story.php...
The Pope is not the judge!

Since: Feb 12

Rancho Cordova, CA

#113999 Oct 4, 2013
Known Fact

Orlando, FL

#114000 Oct 4, 2013
As far as blood transfusions see Leviticus 17:11-14 No soul of YOU must eat blood and no alien resident who is residing as an alien in YOUR midst should eat blood.
and Acts 15: 28,29 ;For the holy spirit and we ourselves have favored adding no further burden to YOU, except these necessary things, 29 ;to keep abstaining from things sacrificed to idols and FROM BLOOD and from things strangled and from fornication. If YOU carefully keep yourselves from these things, YOU will prosper. Good health to YOU!
Notice the Bible put Transfusions and eating blood in bad company right along with idol worship and fornication.

Why would the Bible say to abstain from blood and then conclude by saying, "Good health to you? Maybe God knows what is best for you!

Rancho Cordova, CA

#114001 Oct 4, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
The Pope is not the judge!
I don't get your point. He can disfellowship people from his church just like your church does just more haha!!!

The Pope is the highest ranking leader and the church has greatest number of christian members in the world. JW's is a paltry number by comparison.

Are you condeming catholics as not christian now? Judging like a hypocrite.

You should be ashamed of yourself.
SistaNoneYa

Manchester, KY

#114002 Oct 4, 2013
Spaceship earth wrote:
John Boehner Has a Drinking Problem and Needs to GO .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =vQ3_M9uWwZ8XX
So would over 3/4 of the rest of the American work force too.
OtheHypocrisyofl iljudgits

Manchester, KY

#114003 Oct 4, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
When I was little the church gave me a Bible with my name embossed on the front. I'd still have it, but it was stolen in a study group.
Which one-the young and mindless resmuglicans group, or the young and mindless demoncRats group?(or another lamely labelduhm labeled group of what ever lol)

Rancho Cordova, CA

#114004 Oct 4, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
As far as blood transfusions see Leviticus 17:11-14 No soul of YOU must eat blood and no alien resident who is residing as an alien in YOUR midst should eat blood.
and Acts 15: 28,29 ;For the holy spirit and we ourselves have favored adding no further burden to YOU, except these necessary things, 29 ;to keep abstaining from things sacrificed to idols and FROM BLOOD and from things strangled and from fornication. If YOU carefully keep yourselves from these things, YOU will prosper. Good health to YOU!
Notice the Bible put Transfusions and eating blood in bad company right along with idol worship and fornication.
Why would the Bible say to abstain from blood and then conclude by saying, "Good health to you? Maybe God knows what is best for you!
We can read between the lines. Convert to JW's or God will use you and other JW's to kill our women,children,old and young men and chop them to pieces. Are you collecting address of those in their houses and making death lists for the Watchtower?
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#114005 Oct 4, 2013
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
Pope Francis says atheists can do good and go to heaven too!
http://www.catholic.org/hf/faith/story.php...
Doing good deeds DOES NOT get you into heaven. Certainly that is not part of Our Lord's teaching.
Having said that , can an Atheist get into heaven?
Not if he/she continues denying God's existence.
Christianity teaches that entrance into heaven can only occur through faith in Christ." No one comes to the father ,but through me"
You can't buy or earn your way in.
It is a gift based on faith.

Rancho Cordova, CA

#114006 Oct 4, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
You had me worried, I thought you where going to say 3/4 of the congress.
Othehypocrisyofl iljudgeit

Manchester, KY

#114007 Oct 4, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Mitt Romney, Obama or the Pope? which one is a Christian?
Mirror mirror

There is legend that goes something like this: In a bar in New York there is a magical mirror.. If you go up to it and tell it the truth it will grant you a wish. However, If you lie - POOF- it swallows you up into the lalaland of bigotry and/or bias.

Romney, the Pope and a Obama walk into this bar. They head straight for the mirror. Romney walks up to the mirror first and says "Mirror, mirror...I think the republican party is always the most "right" party on Earth" Poof! The mirror swallows him up.

The Pope goes up to the mirror next and says "Mirror, mirror...I think Catholisism is the only "right" religion on Earth" and..Poof! The mirror swallows him up.

Lastly, Obama walks up to the mirror says "Mirror.. mirror, I am a democrat and I think........"
POOF....(nuff said!!)

lol
SistaNoneYa

Manchester, KY

#114008 Oct 4, 2013
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
You had me worried, I thought you where going to say 3/4 of the congress.
Don't know them personally, therefore, I would NEVER merely ASSUME or broadbrush paint them all with such a single stupid stroke, let alone condemn based upon Nothing but IGNORANT assumption.

Besides, they're all over the legal age of 21 anyway.

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#114009 Oct 4, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't know them personally,(members of Congress) therefore, I would NEVER merely ASSUME or broadbrush paint them all with such a single stupid stroke, let alone condemn based upon Nothing but IGNORANT assumption.
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
But you WOULD assume or broadbrush paint "over 3/4 of the rest of the American work force" without knowing THEM personally?
Hypocrite much?

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

#114010 Oct 4, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Doing good deeds DOES NOT get you into heaven. Certainly that is not part of Our Lord's teaching.
Christianity teaches that entrance into heaven can only occur through faith in Christ." No one comes to the father ,but through me"
BS. You expect to "buy or earn your way in" by submitting to other's will (albeit an imaginary one).

It's a "gift" in the same way my paycheck is every week.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#114011 Oct 4, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
BS. You expect to "buy or earn your way in" by submitting to other's will (albeit an imaginary one).
It's a "gift" in the same way my paycheck is every week.
Your weekly paycheck is a gift. You neglect to perform your duties for the Christian lady you work for.
Instead of decorating the Christmas trees , as called for in your job description , you spend your day posting nonsense on topix under various aliases. 3 in 1 oil

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

#114012 Oct 4, 2013
"I do not wish my heart to be restarted through usage of any chemical, mechanical or physical intervention..."

"I do not want any external device to be used to maintain my respiration if my body is incapable of sustaining it on its own."

"I wish to die a peaceful, natural death."

"I do not wish artificial means of nutrition to be used, such as nasogastric tubes or a PEG tube."

"I wish nature to take its course, with only medication to prevent pain and suffering."

"Allow me the dignity we give to beloved pets. Let me die in peace."

**Just a bit of advice...If you don't have a Living Will, take the time to write one. It could save you and your loved ones much heartache.**

Rancho Cordova, CA

#114013 Oct 4, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you have no faith and cannot prove you do. Now would you say that a buddhist who burns himself alive has faith in his God.

Rancho Cordova, CA

#114014 Oct 4, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't know them personally, therefore, I would NEVER merely ASSUME or broadbrush paint them all with such a single stupid stroke, let alone condemn based upon Nothing but IGNORANT assumption.
Puke.
kejgkejgqggggbeq r

Somerset, KY

#114015 Oct 4, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
I guess when God wrote the bible he didn't explain that it's OK to take a life saving blood transfusion just don't eat blood. What could be anymore sacred that using blood to save a life? How do you get that eating blood and a blood transfusion is the same thing? Why would God be mad that one of his little children's life was saved because of blood?

How many JW children has your Governing Body killed because they made up some stupid law that God hates anyone who has a blood transfusion? It's in the 1000's isn't it? Your religion kills little children and they protect and hide pedophiles in their congregations.

You think that just because they became a JW then he is no longer a pedophile and you let him knock on doors early on Saturday morning while the parents are asleep and the kids are up watching cartoons so he can ask for a donation for a couple of crappy magazines. You now have a pedophile walking around taking notes on which houses have kids up and parents asleep. Then when they end up getting caught again you want to claim he was just a rank and file JW and it doesn't count.

You guys just had to pay out the largest child sexual abuse case in history, more than the Catholics. Does that make you proud? Anyone that wants the info just Google "JW Conti" and there's all kinds of news reports. Here, I'll do it for you, http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/16/cali...

And check out Silent Lamb's site about all the horror stories of children that were raped over and over by JWs who were allowed to do it for years.

The fact you get on here and try and peddle your cult that hurts children should be illegal. I wonder why your God Jehovah can't even keep his own house clean?
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#114016 Oct 4, 2013
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you have no faith and cannot prove you do. Now would you say that a buddhist who burns himself alive has faith in his God.
That is one of the most unintelligent questions that has ever been posed to me.
First od all ,I am not a folloer of budha.
I do not follow Budhism ,nor do I claim to understand it.
Secondly , my God and my Lord Jesus Christ , does not require me to burn myself alive in order to prove my faith.
My faith is proven by my works.
I do believe you already know that.
You are undoubtedly trying to make a very misguided point.

If you have a point to make ,get to it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I'm wondering what color Panties you're wearing... 28 min BloomerBlasters 5
lawyer 47 min Nope 6
Knox school for knox 1 hr Truly 26
Fwb 2 hr Older 1
How can people even aford to be on Pills? 2 hr Jimmy Fatboy mills 16
Sonny hamblin 3 hr Eleanor 31
Amy and John 3 hr Man 18

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance