Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 142492 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#113929 Oct 3, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey knucklehead Lodi, My posting was addressed to your other moniker Spaceship earth. When you responded you forgot to change monikers and responded under your other moniker,LODI.
So I got you down for 3 SE LODI and IDK.
Moreover , you may not be Witchinthewoods , you are probably the broom she rides on LOL
Here is copy of my posting
Hey nipplenose , it seems your spaceship earth is rotating contrary to it's axis , causing you a mental malfunction.
Your unilluminating response was in no way related to the subject at hand,,
But that is what I expected....
Whenever one is unwilling or unable to give a proper response , it is best to fake it in the hope that no one will notice.
Enjoy April the 1st...... LOL
You are under the mistaken impression that you are clever and witty.
You aren't.

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#113930 Oct 3, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text> No.... wrong again, intentionally left out what this whole study is focusing on: 1) Bigotry 2)Prejudice .... Allow me to finish the study in it's entirety > Despite that, the study authors said these feelings toward atheists could be far-reaching.
“With more than half a billion atheists worldwide, this prejudice has the potential to affect a substantial number of people,” Gervais said.
Here's the link if the General Population wants to see the proof for themselves! http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/health/2011/12/14...
Nice try Curious! you flippin Moron
Thanks for sharing.
I found this sentence particularly amusing.

"a recent poll that found that only 45 percent of Americans who responded would vote for an atheist presidential candidate."

Only? ONLY? Let's look at this in a positive way.
ALMOST HALF of the Americans who responded WOULD VOTE FOR AN ATHEIST PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE!
Holy $hit! I mean REALLY!
I'm fairly sure that number has never been that high, which means that atheists are becoming more vocal, more understood, and MORE ACCEPTED!
It's possible that I will live long enough to see an atheist pres!
THAT is awesome!

Since: Sep 13

United States of America

#113931 Oct 3, 2013
How many times must I and everyone say this: I have only this Moniker, I have no need to hide or change....If I have something to say to you, I say it whether it is addressed to me or to some other Moniker, after all, this is a PUBLIC Forum, Got It?

I knew full well you posted that to someone else, I was saying, since you wanna go there, I have a perfectly fitting name for you!

For the record, I did show proof to refute what you posted....You Know; those portions you conveniently left out the first time!
Flippin Moron.

Don't forget, I'm also Crom, and MD along with all the others you've accused me of being...Flippin moron
Known Fact

Kissimmee, FL

#113932 Oct 3, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Try reading what Moses did when he came down from the mountain. I am sure your indoctrination avoided the parts of utter horror and immorality of its founders.
where in the Bible would I find that??????????

United States of America

#113933 Oct 3, 2013
Honestly, How can someone be so damned stupid, Curious you too lack reading comprehension as your side kicks Sista and YaA. That Study you posted was conducted for the sole purpose of showing the Bigotry and Prejudice that is leveled against Atheist!

As with everything else, with more education comes more understanding.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#113934 Oct 3, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for sharing.
I found this sentence particularly amusing.
"a recent poll that found that only 45 percent of Americans who responded would vote for an atheist presidential candidate."
Only? ONLY? Let's look at this in a positive way.
ALMOST HALF of the Americans who responded WOULD VOTE FOR AN ATHEIST PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE!
Holy $hit! I mean REALLY!
I'm fairly sure that number has never been that high, which means that atheists are becoming more vocal, more understood, and MORE ACCEPTED!
It's possible that I will live long enough to see an atheist pres!
THAT is awesome!
True that! Many will say they would not vote for an atheist, but if an atheist was on a presidential ticket, and was a good candidate, I doubt all of these people would refuse to vote for them.
Actually I am shocked that number is so high. Clearly many theist are open to voting for an atheist after all.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#113935 Oct 3, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
How many times must I and everyone say this: I have only this Moniker, I have no need to hide or change....If I have something to say to you, I say it whether it is addressed to me or to some other Moniker, after all, this is a PUBLIC Forum, Got It?
I knew full well you posted that to someone else, I was saying, since you wanna go there, I have a perfectly fitting name for you!
For the record, I did show proof to refute what you posted....You Know; those portions you conveniently left out the first time!
Flippin Moron.
Don't forget, I'm also Crom, and MD along with all the others you've accused me of being...Flippin moron
You should change your moniker to heinz ketchup,one ketchup 57 different varieties.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#113936 Oct 3, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are a Christian and cannot find where Moses came down from the mountain with the commandments? Three thousand men, women and children died that day. Why? Because they chose to worship a god other than the one Moses was trying to convince them was real. Clearly they were not sold.
Now answer me this, do you agree it was moral for Moses to order them murdered for worshiping their god?

United States of America

#113937 Oct 3, 2013
Another point of view of the Gervais Study!
http://hotair.com/archives/2011/12/01/canadia...

United States of America

#113938 Oct 3, 2013
Hey Curious: This is directed to you, sista, and YaY.....please note:
That logic, that nonbelievers are less trustworthy because there’s no fear of damnation keeping them on the straight and narrow, gets thrown at atheists a lot and it never fails to make me nervous about the person who’s throwing it. There always seems to be an implicit threat to it — that if that person should lose his faith and the accompanying dread of hellfire, he might be capable of anything. That’s not how it works for most of us atheists, but if you think that’s how it might work for you, give the rest of the population a heads up if/when you start to have religious doubts so that we can prepare for your impending rampage.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#113939 Oct 3, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I am glad to hear that atheists compose a small number of the Prison population as opposed to Believers
Several things to keep in perspective.
Believing in a God is meaningless.
If the devil were in jail , he would be counted among the believers.
So would his followers.
The important issue is not to merely believe that God exists , but to follow and obey his teachings to the best of your ability and as guided by the holy spirit.
Moreover , Once a criminal is sentenced to jail he has to adapt to a particular segment of the prison population.
African Americans tend to ally themselves with the Muslims ,Whites with Christians and so on.
Most of the time this is not a true conversion . It is done in order to survive in a lawless environment
Atheists have to take this into consideration and may want to
claim to belong to a particular religion for selfish reasons , especially when it comes to Parole Hearings.
True Belief in God is not based on convenience , it is based on your having sought him and depending on your personal experiences you can then decide ,in a logical manner , after evaluating what may or may not have occured ,whether you want to enter into arelationship with him.
You are not forced into this relationship , you are invited.
"Belief in god is meaningless". Yes, I agree. So why keep harping on atheism?

United States of America

#113940 Oct 3, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
You should change your moniker to heinz ketchup,one ketchup 57 different varieties.
Hey Dick, how about thinking with the organ above your shoulders and not the other one for a change...

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#113941 Oct 3, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing to do with your post.
Just thought you might like this,
http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/father-disow...
Evidently religious parents disown their children often due to their dogma.
Being a believer means nothing. Disowning your children is evil, no matter what you believe.
Bible Believer

Dahlonega, GA

#113942 Oct 3, 2013
There is no book that has had a greater impact on the intellectual and spiritual history of the West, and of this country, for the better!

The Holy Bible, Mohandas Ghandi, and I prefer the KJV. Our country(the USA) was founded on Biblical principles, by Bible-believing men.

Historically, the Bible was the main (if not the ONLY) textbook in early American schools. The Bible is the oldest, most accurate, best-selling book of all time.

United States of America

#113943 Oct 3, 2013
As you stated your name to be George Dick... I will address you as Dick from now on!

United States of America

#113944 Oct 3, 2013
What are the two most heated subjects in America to discuss???? 1. Religion, and 2. Politics. Don't you find it odd that the study {Dick} posted chose to pit the atheist as a presidential candidate.

Bigotry and Prejudice from the onset! Naturally when a person is posed with that scenario, they will have doubts about them being a president when it comes to making decisions for the nation.

This was witnessed first hand when Romney ran for office, but in the opposite effect!

I for one do not want some religious fanatic running this country and making and setting policy for the nation to abide by!
curious

Ocoee, FL

#113945 Oct 3, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
Hey Curious: This is directed to you, sista, and YaY.....please note:
That logic, that nonbelievers are less trustworthy because there’s no fear of damnation keeping them on the straight and narrow, gets thrown at atheists a lot and it never fails to make me nervous about the person who’s throwing it. There always seems to be an implicit threat to it — that if that person should lose his faith and the accompanying dread of hellfire, he might be capable of anything. That’s not how it works for most of us atheists, but if you think that’s how it might work for you, give the rest of the population a heads up if/when you start to have religious doubts so that we can prepare for your impending rampage.
I did not make that allegation.
The study that I cited made a point that Atheists find believers to be more trustworthy than their fellow Atheists.
I find that to be incredulous.
That is as surprising as the members of the KKK stating that they trust the NAACP more than their own members.
Obviously , Atheists know something about their belief system that makes them trust believers more than they do thir own.
It is the atheists who drew the believers into the equation.
That Atheists don't trust atheists is not my doing , it is your doing.
My problem right now is trying to figure out how many other monikers you use and what excuse you might use in order to deny them as I bring them to light.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#113946 Oct 3, 2013
Bible Believer wrote:
There is no book that has had a greater impact on the intellectual and spiritual history of the West, and of this country, for the better!
The Holy Bible, Mohandas Ghandi, and I prefer the KJV. Our country(the USA) was founded on Biblical principles, by Bible-believing men.
Historically, the Bible was the main (if not the ONLY) textbook in early American schools. The Bible is the oldest, most accurate, best-selling book of all time.
What biblical principle is America founded upon?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#113947 Oct 3, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Exodus.Try reading it at least once.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#113948 Oct 3, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>"Belief in god is meaningless". Yes, I agree. So why keep harping on atheism?
Dukette , You have the innate ability to close your eyes and read via your belly button.
Unfortunately the lint contained therein and the corrosion of your umbilical chord transmits garbled and hazy images to those few overworked and undernourished brain cells remaining in that vacuum.
At least ,that is what I attribute to your inability to read and comprehend what I posted.
Then again , it might just be due to IGNORANCIA.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jeremy Smith seriously 12 min John 2
Is the Childern's Home a good place to work? 35 min Callitlikeiseeit 7
Black guy called Peanut UC COLLEGE 1 hr loukin 1
harley smith in jail 1 hr Hmmm 4
Stephen Trace Signs 2 hr Bozo 29
Drug dealing by G.R.HAMPTON SCHOOL 3 hr Knox 2
larry coleman 3 hr Silver fox 8
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages