Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 20 comments on the Feb 10, 2010, The Courier-Journal story titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Since: Feb 12

Roseville, CA

#113849 Oct 1, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey nipplenose , it seems your spaceship earth is rotating contrary to it's axis , causing you a mental malfunction.
Your unilluminating response was in no way related to the subject at hand,,
But that is what I expected....
Whenever one is unwilling or unable to give a proper response , it is best to fake it in the hope that no one will notice.
Enjoy April the 1st...... LOL
You're not very good at trolling. You and sistagodsaeyeball should hook up you two would make a great pair.

Now a moment of zen

Since: Sep 13

United States of America

#113850 Oct 1, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Sadinschnagel , here you go again , talking about something you neither believe in or understand "HELL"
BTW just got an email from your Psychiatrist .
Seems your weekend pass from the Louisville MWENTAL FACILITY AND THAT oF Spaceship expires at midnight.
better get back to your rooms before you turn to pumpkins like Cincerella.
Worse yet , you know the punishment for violating your weekend pass.
They will make you have a cigarette while they waterboard you with gasoline . It's known as The Big Bang
Happy April the 1st to you and all your friends
The point is.... You Believe in Hell and what it represents to Christians such as yourself!
It doesn't matter what I believe, what matters is what you believe, and by your own admission....you do... so be sure and pack plenty of ice.

Hey Curious, start singing 'I fell in to a burning ring of fire'
With every post you are intentionally defying god's orders. He doesn't like that. Be prepared to answer for your deeds and your disobedience to your god and accept your punishment of eternal damnation in the lake of fire!
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

#113853 Oct 2, 2013

Isaiah 66

66:1 Thus saith the LORD, The heaven [is] my throne, and the
earth [is] my footstool: where [is] the house that ye build to
me? and where [is] the place of my rest?
66:2 For all these [things] hath my hand made, and all these
[things] have been, saith the LORD: but to this man [will] I
look,[even] to [him that is] poor and of a contrite spirit,
and trembleth at my word.
66:3 He that killeth an ox [is as if] he slew a man; he that
sacrificeth a lamb,[as if] he cut off a dog's neck; he that
offereth an oblation,[as if he offered] swine's blood; he that
burneth incense,[as if] he blessed an idol. Yes, they have
chosen their own ways, and their soul delighteth in their
abominations.
66:4 I also will choose their delusions, and will bring their
fears upon them; because when I called, none did answer; when I
spoke, they did not hear: but they did evil before my eyes, and
chose [that] in which I delighted not.
66:5 Hear the word of the LORD, ye that tremble at his word;
Your brethren that hated you, that cast you out for my name's
sake, said, Let the LORD be glorified: but he shall appear to
your joy, and they shall be ashamed.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#113854 Oct 2, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
The distrust of Atheists is not limited to believers.
Polls indicate that Nonbelievers trust believers more that they do Nonbelievers.
I find that to be amazing...
What would cause an Atheist to trust a believer more than he would a fellow Atheist?
There must be something inherent in Atheism that makes the Atheist feel veryh uncomfortable about trusting his own
Religious Believers Don’t Trust Atheists, Says New Study
By Kim Carollo
Dec 14, 2011 4:53pm
If an atheist ran for president, a recent poll suggests, he or she wouldn’t win many votes.
That might be at least partly because of the main reason religious people dislike atheists: They think nonbelievers can’t be trusted, according to a new study.
“Where there are religious majorities — that is, in most of the world — atheists are among the least trusted people,” said the study’s lead author, Will M. Gervais, a doctoral student at the University of British Columbia,
In six separate studies, the researchers asked 770 people – American adults and Canadian college students – a number of questions. In one study, when presented with a description of an untrustworthy person, participants said they believed that description represented atheists to a similar degree and wasn’t as representative of gays, feminists, Christians, Jews or Muslims.
Another co-author, the University of British Columbia’s Ara Norenzayan, said one of the reasons for doing the study was a recent poll that found that only 45 percent of Americans who responded would vote for an atheist presidential candidate. Those who were polled said atheists least represented their vision of America.
Atheists also tend to trust religious people more than they trust other atheists.
“Those people who did not identify with a religion still tended to find believers to be more trustworthy,” said the third co-author, Azim Shariff of the University of Oregon.
Thousands of businesses use the ichthys to advertise how trustworthy they are, but it doesn't at all mean that they are honest.
Why do you applaud discrimination and bigotry? These same professors published "Analytic Thinking Promotes Religious Disbelief." Are you going to go on a rant condemning analytic thinking? That being the case, it is useless to point out that religious are trusted and non-religious are disliked because social opinion is reinforced with feedback mechanisms. It's an analytic thing, you wouldn't understand.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#113856 Oct 2, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Clueless one...
The Catholic church didn't start UNTILL 300 years later!
Early Church Fathers wrote many things about Christ in
the FIRST Century!
So... BUY a Clue!
You NEED one!
How does that do anything but substantiate what I've said all along?
Do we need to revisit the catholic communities and the Catholic Church >yet again? Plain and simple, it was the Catholics who produced the first Bible. YOUR Bible.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#113857 Oct 2, 2013
...and BTW, the CC wasn't started 300 years later, it was recognized by Roman leadership at that time.
SistaNoneYa

Manchester, KY

#113858 Oct 2, 2013
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
You're not very good at trolling. You and sistagodsaeyeball should hook up you two would make a great pair.
Now a moment of zen
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Us_kiRP6cqIXX
You just DON'T "get it" do you.

People like YaA, myself and even others on here--We're already hooked up--with the RIGHT stuff.

UNlike your ignorant, nasty self.

Idiot.
SistaNoneYa

Manchester, KY

#113859 Oct 2, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, Such a brilliant display of Christianity!
That whole statement just added heat to your hell!
Another shining example of hypocrisy and ignorance.

"Preaching" at others, that which you claim not to believe in.

What a duhmazz you are.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#113860 Oct 2, 2013
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
Now a moment of zen
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Us_kiRP6cqIXX
You are right. I am not very good a trolling. Something that i don't practice .
Unlike others who shall remain unmentioned , that is not my chosen profession.
Nevertheless ,if I ever decide to take it up I hope to be able to call on you for your abundant expertise in that field.
In the meanwhile ,keep counting the days for the coming of your National Holiday, April the 1st...

United States of America

#113861 Oct 2, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Another shining example of hypocrisy and ignorance.
"Preaching" at others, that which you claim not to believe in.
What a duhmazz you are.
I realize this is very difficult for your dim-witted, non-functioning cerebral cortex to grasp, so I will try to explain this so that you might finally understand,{not like this has been covered countless times}

Hypocrite: a person who claims or pretends to have certain beliefs about what is right but who behaves in a way that disagrees with those beliefs.

Curious has claimed that his religious beliefs are right, he has publicly announced that he is a firm believer in the bible, Christianity, and god/jesus and all the responsibilities and convictions that statement carries with it.
When confessing that belief, you then become responsible for your conduct, and your thoughts.
Now, with that being said, I never made these rules, your god did. It has been clearly noted on this thread that you Sista, Curious, and YaA defy those specific orders set in stone by the very one you "supposedly" pay homage to!

What part of this do you and your colleagues not understand?
curious

Ocoee, FL

#113862 Oct 2, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Thousands of businesses use the ichthys to advertise how trustworthy they are, but it doesn't at all mean that they are honest.
Why do you applaud discrimination and bigotry? These same professors published "Analytic Thinking Promotes Religious Disbelief." Are you going to go on a rant condemning analytic thinking? That being the case, it is useless to point out that religious are trusted and non-religious are disliked because social opinion is reinforced with feedback mechanisms. It's an analytic thing, you wouldn't understand.
Your comparing a business advertisement to a Scientific study performed by trained professionals of a reputable university
is beyond comprehension.
Your claim that I applaud bigotry and discrimination is equally absurd and shows your lack of comprehension.
" It's an analytic thing , you wouldn't understand."
The point being that your efforts and those of atheists, to push their religious Atheistic beliefs on an unsuspecting public is at the very least immoral.
Scientific studies point to the fact that Atheists have a greater amount of suicides ,are more likely to abuse drugs and alcohol ,have a greater risk of mental and other health issues than believers... Why is that?
On the positive side , 20% of atheists attend regular religious services. Why is that?
Atheists find Believers to be more trustworthy than their fellow atheists. Why is that?
Analyzing that data one would logically conclude that there is something inherently wrong with Atheism which causes IT'S MEMBERS
to have these inordinate amount of mental and behavioural problems.
Why , if they do not believe in God and his teachings , do they find it necessary to attend religious services?
Why do they trust believers more than they do their own?
Something in that equation that does not make sense, wouldn't you agree?

United States of America

#113863 Oct 2, 2013
continued from above... So therefore, when you defy those specific orders that are set in stone, you continue to ignore what jesus/god has instructed and commanded of you, you are a confirmed Hypocrite, not only in the Public's eye, but in jesus/god's eye!

Again, I didn't make the rules, your god did. If you have a problem with it, take it up with him.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#113864 Oct 2, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
I realize this is very difficult for your dim-witted, non-functioning cerebral cortex to grasp, so I will try to explain this so that you might finally understand,{not like this has been covered countless times}
Hypocrite: a person who claims or pretends to have certain beliefs about what is right but who behaves in a way that disagrees with those beliefs.
Curious has claimed that his religious beliefs are right, he has publicly announced that he is a firm believer in the bible, Christianity, and god/jesus and all the responsibilities and convictions that statement carries with it.
When confessing that belief, you then become responsible for your conduct, and your thoughts.
Now, with that being said, I never made these rules, your god did. It has been clearly noted on this thread that you Sista, Curious, and YaA defy those specific orders set in stone by the very one you "supposedly" pay homage to!
What part of this do you and your colleagues not understand?
Atheists do not violate any of their rules because they don't have any rules. With them ,anything goes.
that is why Witchetty can proudly claim,to her shame , that she has never committed an act for which she needs feel ashamed.
That is the same thing she said while using one of her other monikers ,Kitten Kodder.
It would appear that is the self same reason why Atheists trust believers more than they do other atheists.
In a community where the moral code is selected by each individual to fit his or her desires , who can you trust?
In other words ,if I only fear the law ,and am conniving enough to commit my deeds without getting caught , then I supposedly am home free.
The mafia and other criminals are very adept at that tactic.
That is how human nature works.
As Christians , we arte not perfect ,but ,we are forgiven , because we confess to Our God and Jesus Christ that we are sinful by nature.
We acknowledge and confess our sinful nature.
Atheists claim that when they commit a wrong , they will go to the person they wronged and ask for forgiveness.
On paper that sounds good , in real life , it is a farce.
In my many years on this Earth I have never witnessed such an event.
Self righteousnes is a pollutant.
Human nature denies wrong doing ,it does not admit to it.
How many times have you seen a criminal admit to having committed a crime ,even with overwhelming evidence to his crime.
How many times have you done something wrong and denied having done it?
Do you believe witchetty when she claims to have never done anything for which she needs feel ashamed?
If you do , then you need submit her name so she can be cannonized.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#113865 Oct 2, 2013
Continued from the above.
Since you neither believe in god or his teachings ,therefore you are the least qualified to pass judgement.
When you get an opportunity ,talk to the Witchetty and set her straight.
Too many splinters from the way she rides her broom
have affected her mental capacity
Known Fct

Kissimmee, FL

#113866 Oct 2, 2013
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
When one of your elders or pastor rapes one of the younger females I read that the victims word is not enough unless she has a least 2 members of your church to witness it. And that the rapist is told to stay silent by the watchtower leaders unless two or three members come forward to substantiate the accusations.
I find it odd that a rapist would invite someone to watch a victim being rape unless they were also raping her .
Is this two witness rule true or false?
P.S. I'm still waiting for your reponse to my question from the post that you requested I respond to.
I just want to know if you would let your children be burned alive in the superheated furnace like Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego while you watch them scream and beg you to bow down to that pagan chaldean God and not make them suffer.
You keep making blatant statements that you know nothing about. Lack of knowledge = ignorance.

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#113867 Oct 2, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists do not violate any of their rules because they don't have any rules. With them ,anything goes.
Why are there so realitively few atheists in jail then?
Do you think they are all so smart that they don't get caught.
curious wrote:
<quoted text> that is why Witchetty can proudly claim,to her shame , that she has never committed an act for which she needs feel ashamed.
Heheheee...I've been embarassed, but no, not ashamed.
I am and always have been a person who tries to do the decent thing.
curious wrote:
<quoted text> That is the same thing she said while using one of her other monikers ,Kitten Kodder.
You are such an idiot.
Do you really believe that no more than ONE person would ever say that?
Once more (since you can't seem to get it)..I only post as aWitchintheWoods.

It might upset me if I were called a liar repeatedly by someone that I respect, but your opinion isn't worth a second thought .
You have shown your character and are not worthy of honor.

United States of America

#113868 Oct 2, 2013
This is what you don't understand....I'm not passing judgment on you, That is not my job...That is your God's Job...and you are thinking that you can say or do anything w/out punishment is ridiculous to say the least...{but God, I was just kidding when I said that, I didn't really mean it},{but God, I asked you for forgiveness after I deliberately disobeyed you}-- Those are the ramblings of a fool, who expects a "Free Ride"
If this is how Christianity works, Everybody would be doing it..
For the Record, you might want to check in your bible where it states if you've wronged a sister or brother, to go to them and ask them for forgiveness. Are you disputing what is written?

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#113869 Oct 2, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
It would appear that is the self same reason why Atheists trust believers more than they do other atheists.
Strange. I wouldn't trust you, sista, or yaa to do anything for me.
You all have an agenda and you don't care how you achieve it.
I would trust Mike, lol, and Chrom since they are intelligent, thoughtful, honest individuals.
curious wrote:
<quoted text> In a community where the moral code is selected by each individual to fit his or her desires , who can you trust?
Ummm, just a wild guess here but how about the people who obey the civil laws of the land. Not people who look to a moldy old book written by primitive tribesmen.
curious wrote:
<quoted text> In other words ,if I only fear the law ,and am conniving enough to commit my deeds without getting caught , then I supposedly am home free.
The mafia and other criminals are very adept at that tactic.
That is how human nature works.
No, this is how human nature works. Christians do what they want, then apologize for it, putting the blame on their "sinful nature."
"It's not my fault, Yahweh. The devil made me do it."

Jesus took all your sins on himself? The archetypal scapegoat.
What are synonyms for "scapegoat?"
fall guy..chump..doormat..dupe..
fool..goat..gull..mark..patsy. .
pigeon..pushover..*sacrifice*. .sap..
schmuck..stooge..sucker..victi m..weakling
Hardly flattering, huh?
curious wrote:
<quoted text> As Christians , we arte not perfect ,but ,we are forgiven , because we confess to Our God and Jesus Christ that we are sinful by nature.
We acknowledge and confess our sinful nature.
Right.
Christian: "Oops, so sorry, Yahweh. I didn't mean to kill that guy in a fit of righteous rage, but I know you'll forgive me.Thanks and now I'll just get on with my life and hope the police don't find out I did it."
curious wrote:
<quoted text> Atheists claim that when they commit a wrong , they will go to the person they wronged and ask for forgiveness.
On paper that sounds good , in real life , it is a farce.
In my many years on this Earth I have never witnessed such an event.
LOL! You've never seen it so of course it didn't happen?
Funny how you choose which "unseen" things you will believe and which you won't.
curious wrote:
<quoted text> Self righteousnes is a pollutant.
Yes it is and god-followers are the worse offenders.
curious wrote:
<quoted text> Human nature denies wrong doing ,it does not admit to it.
How many times have you seen a criminal admit to having committed a crime ,even with overwhelming evidence to his crime.
As a child, we fear the wrath of our elders, so we make excuses.
As ADULTS, we own our mistakes.
The problem is that so many don't want to grow up.
Religion provides an easy out. "Not my fault, just my sinful nature."
curious wrote:
<quoted text> How many times have you done something wrong and denied having done it?
Do you believe witchetty when she claims to have never done anything for which she needs feel ashamed?
If you do , then you need submit her name so she can be cannonized.
There doesn't need to be special recognition for doing what is decent.
It is to be EXPECTED of adult.
Unfortunately, standards are set too low.

United States of America

#113870 Oct 2, 2013
Atheism, Secularity, and Well-Being: How the Findings of Social Science Counter Negative Stereotypes and Assumptions

Phil Zuckerman*
Pitzer College, Claremont, California

http://www.pitzer.edu/academics/faculty/zucke...

It's a good idea when posting studies to share the link so that anyone can read it's findings and material for themselves... not just cut-n-paste portions that color your position positive and the other as negative!
Also included in this study is every source he collected in his findings!

Since: Feb 12

Roseville, CA

#113871 Oct 2, 2013
Known Fct wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep making blatant statements that you know nothing about. Lack of knowledge = ignorance.
Prove it. You are showing weakness in your faith by not responding to my question.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Buddy and Ellen 41 min Knox co 2
Teacher arrested 2 hr Wondering 1
Mud Slide Up Turkey Creek Rd (Mar '14) 2 hr gator 10
Fed up! 5 hr crazyjimbo 16
Lisa and Teresa Vaughn twins 7 hr Friend 4
UPS drop box in B'ville? 8 hr Answer 9
knox county detention center 13 hr Welfare Jed 41
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE