Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 134,338

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

Since: Feb 12

Roseville, CA

#113699 Sep 27, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm saying calling stinkweed lavender doesn't make is smell any better. It doesn't matter what he's registered as or what empty rhetoric he totes when his undercurrent is purely partisan.
Pitchfork doesn't like haters ironic she loves O'Reilly.

O'Reilly said that it was "absolutely true" that he hated Hannity, but added that he hated "everyone."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/05/sean...
curious

Ocoee, FL

#113700 Sep 27, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously?.... Well Curious, seems I am a man of constant, perpetual change eh? To date, you have accused me of being MD, Crom, Q, SS, and now idk, and the beat goes on in your lil pea brain head! If we all are still enough we can hear it's echo as that single brain cell rattles around like a p-nut in a whiskey barrel. At least you're consistent ~
Much like The Soggy Bottom Boys from Pikeville Kentucky , you are a Man of Constant Sorrows as epitomized in the Movies.

There are those on Topix who change their monokers , pretending to be someone else.
Others make up monikers in an attempt to mimick someone who is currently posting.
The very potent brain cell that I posses has the ability to differentiate between the impostors when they attempt their chicanery.
Tell Actually George that Sue says hi.
Kentucky rains keep falling down on the waterlogged heads of Pikeville atheists and they don't know enough to come in outa the rain....

Since: Sep 13

United States of America

#113702 Sep 27, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Much like The Soggy Bottom Boys from Pikeville Kentucky , you are a Man of Constant Sorrows as epitomized in the Movies.
There are those on Topix who change their monokers , pretending to be someone else.
Others make up monikers in an attempt to mimick someone who is currently posting.
The very potent brain cell that I posses has the ability to differentiate between the impostors when they attempt their chicanery.
Tell Actually George that Sue says hi.
Kentucky rains keep falling down on the waterlogged heads of Pikeville atheists and they don't know enough to come in outa the rain....

Yeah, and according to you, I'm the best that's ever been!! And the next Moniker that darkens this room with a Pikeville location will be me too...Hell Curious, just get it over with and accuse me of being everybody that is posting in this room,{other than yourself of course}, but with your delusional mind, that's not a far stretch with your imagination.
Allow me to TRY and make this as clear as I possibly can to you, I have no need to come in this room with another Moniker, I am not a child, and I don't play games. If other's feel the need to do this, that is their choice.
I find it interesting that you failed to answer the valid question idk asked you... why is that? How about you focus on that instead of this diversionary tactic.
Known Fact

Kissimmee, FL

#113703 Sep 27, 2013
Objective Onlooker wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolution is a scientific theory. I wouldn't really call it a religion since it doesn't aspire to certain principles, center around a deity, prescribe a way of life or provide for consequences or punishment dependent on your performance while alive. It just attempts to explain the gradual mutation of species on this planet as they continually reproduce and adjust to changing environments. Google can show you thousands of recorded examples of it happening, actual observations with recorded results, so it's not like Charles Darwin just invented a church of evolution and told everybody we evolved from apes, and if we're all good people we'll go to monkey heaven. He actually traveled the world and observed the world and its animals before he realized what was happening to cause gradual changes over time to become permanent changes to how species look and behave.
The reason I call evolution a religion is because it takes a lot more FAITH to believe it with no evidence to support it than it does to believe in creation!

Roseville, CA

#113704 Sep 28, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
The reason I call evolution a religion is because it takes a lot more FAITH to believe it with no evidence to support it than it does to believe in creation!
Why are you lying to promote your beliefs? The bible says you "walk by faith and hope". No evidence required for a system of belief in a God, your bible plainly teaches that. Making a statement like that shows you have no interest in evidence.

Christian churches believe a lie and Jehovah's Witnesses teach that. Christian churches also believe you're teaching a lie. Bottom line is that even the bible says religion is a pack of lies. We have proof it's a pack of lies called evidence.

Anyway its keeps the forum going so you and your apostate friends can pat each other on the back as if neither one of you is preaching a lie about each others teachings.
SistaNoneYa

Somerset, KY

#113705 Sep 28, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm saying calling stinkweed lavender doesn't make is smell any better. It doesn't matter what he's registered as or what empty rhetoric he totes when his undercurrent is purely partisan.
Oooooooooooooooohhhh....kind of like...oh...say... just because something touts/claims some "labelduhm label" doesn't mean squat diddly??????? Which is kind of the point of being a reg'd Independent for SOME anyway...as that "empty rhetoric" of the partisan, empty suit, politicians's, doesn't mean squat diddly --Especially dark age, STUPID "straight ticket" type voting based on nothing but dark age, STUPID, "straight ticket" labelDUHM label voting.

Because that kind of ignorance is just DUH..M. Duhm, Duhm, Duhm.

I have to give him credit, he sticks more to addressing "issues", rather than just lame brainedly attacking individuals per say, which I find to be rather NON-partisan.

Just stick to the damn issues.

And I might even read his book too, it sounds like it has some potential for being an interesting, insightful read...and reading IS Allowed here-because this is AMERICA-NOT CommieTic dictatorship land.
SistaNoneYa

Somerset, KY

#113706 Sep 28, 2013
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
Pitchfork doesn't like haters ironic she loves O'Reilly.
O'Reilly said that it was "absolutely true" that he hated Hannity, but added that he hated "everyone."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/05/sean...
So, at least he admits to being human-UNLIKE lying, hater people like YOU.

Kind of like saying-I don't like you, for good reason to me.

Don't like it-TOO BAD.
Now that you know that-
Stay the flock away from my posts and don't be stalking and harrassing.
SistaNoneYa

Somerset, KY

#113707 Sep 28, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad you brought it up however, because I did NOT know....(imagine that-people that do NOT know everything-AND admit to that TRUTH)...that O'Rielly has Catholic "tendencies".
And it's refreshing to hear someone say...they KNOW they are a natural born SINNER, in need of something more--something FAR better, than just "themselves".

Sounds like a pretty LOGICAL guy with his own opinions on stuff--rather than an empty, diseased spongehead duhmazz in my opinion...no matter how grouchy he might be.
----------
The book contradicts some of what is written in the New Testament's accounts of the crucifixion. In one example, Jesus does not speak his famous words, "Father forgive them, for they know not what they do" in the book, because the way he was hung on the cross would have not allowed enough air in his lungs to speak them audibly, says O'Reilly. He doesn't refer to Jesus as the Son of God, either. "There's no religion in the book. It's all about history," he tells O'Donnell.

"Killing Jesus" follows O'Reilly's two previous best-selling books, "Killing Lincoln" and "Killing Kennedy." It is a researched, historic account like the others, but despite the de-emphasis of religion, the project "reinforced my faith a little bit," says the devout Catholic.

O'Reilly believes in the Holy Spirit but doesn't allow his religion to dominate his life.

"I'm not a holy roller. I am not an Evangelical Christian, but I go to church," he says. If he doesn't attend Mass, "Then I fall so far behind in my repentance I can never catch up," he says with a smile.
SistaNoneYa

Somerset, KY

#113708 Sep 28, 2013
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you lying to promote your beliefs? The bible says you "walk by faith and hope". No evidence required for a system of belief in a God, your bible plainly teaches that. Making a statement like that shows you have no interest in evidence.
Christian churches believe a lie and Jehovah's Witnesses teach that. Christian churches also believe you're teaching a lie. Bottom line is that even the bible says religion is a pack of lies. We have proof it's a pack of lies called evidence.
Anyway its keeps the forum going so you and your apostate friends can pat each other on the back as if neither one of you is preaching a lie about each others teachings.
Too bad for you idiots, evolution proves NOTHING, in regards to the actual origin of life-ONLY how it's evolved.

Why do you insist on promoting your LIES to others, when you have NO proof? Because ones like you are too STUPID and bigoted, comprised of nothing but your own ignorances, to even realize the difference would be my guess.

Roseville, CA

#113709 Sep 28, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
My evidence shows PsychoTic_Pitchfork_aPOstaTs_t ic agrees with you,DUH. The enemy of my enemy is my friend, where did i hear that song before, haters_tic.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

London, KY

#113710 Sep 28, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Too bad for you idiots, evolution proves NOTHING, in regards to the actual origin of life-ONLY how it's evolved.
Bingo, And no one has said the theory of evolution had anything to do with the origin of life.... Two completely different issues... We haven't even decided yet what constitutes life anyway...

And then you started sayin dumb crap so I left that out...

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#113712 Sep 28, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Whatever you want to believe!
Then why keep insisting what I believe? Why keep lying about what atheists believe? I have told you several times how wrong you are about atheist beliefs, but you never listen. Either that or you are just a pathological liar.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#113713 Sep 28, 2013
Happy wrote:
It might be a diverse society, but this issue will always keep coming back because God is trying to tell us that once we take him out of schools and everything else. We will pay for it. There is only one God. Something tells me that u don't know God. And I'm talking to u kellerman. And u probably voted for Obama!!!
<quoted text>
God is not bringing up the issue silly, men and women are.
Taking god out of schools(so to speak) is secularism. Hate our countries secularism if you will, but it is the foundation of America. Did you vote against Obama because you hate secularism?
gettlema

Pittsburgh, PA

#113714 Sep 28, 2013
youtube.com/watch... …………bible Burned

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#113715 Sep 28, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope...wrong again......duhhhhhhhhhhmy.
I was referencing "Authority", something that is every where.
Common Sense.
Like how many branches fall in a quarter acre of forest in a year.
I'm saying at least 10 in three months.
Next time, put your common sense tin foil hat on lol.
Authority is everywhere. Thanks for being clear for once in your life. But when most religious persons speak of a higher power, they are not talking about government authority or any other authority but the god they worship. Now why you think I should assume you meant otherwise, I cannot know.
And again, common sense is a misnomer. You sound ignorant every time you use the phrase.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#113717 Sep 28, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>I might add...
The fact that you think he's just Swell...
Says way to much about you...
And the sad state of America today!
Did I make a statement that indicated I think he is just swell? Nope, so why keep lying? I see the right wing propaganda is working wonders.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#113718 Sep 28, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Hell NO!
Wait for it!
So you don't think the Pope or Obama is a Christian? Well then at least we know what your perspective is on Christianity. If it is not your brand of Christianity, it is not Christianity. Thus when you say Obama is not a Christian, then it is meaningless to us.
SistaNoneYa

Somerset, KY

#113719 Sep 28, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Authority is everywhere. Thanks for being clear for once in your life. But when most religious persons speak of a higher power, they are not talking about government authority or any other authority but the god they worship. Now why you think I should assume you meant otherwise, I cannot know.
And again, common sense is a misnomer. You sound ignorant every time you use the phrase.
Mental note to self: Next time do NOT think Duquette would have sense enough to be credited for having any common sense...as he is stuck in the whine-duhm kiddie sandbox mode unable to blabber anything but "you a hypocrite" while pretending to "think".."yeah- that's the answer-they're all hypocrites".

Gotcha.
SistaNoneYa

Somerset, KY

#113720 Sep 28, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So you don't think the Pope or Obama is a Christian? Well then at least we know what your perspective is on Christianity. If it is not your brand of Christianity, it is not Christianity. Thus when you say Obama is not a Christian, then it is meaningless to us.
see mental note to self lol.
comment

Frankfort, KY

#113721 Sep 28, 2013
bible study

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brett ledford 1 hr Paul carmack 1
Kim Helton in jail!! (Dec '13) 2 hr lol 28
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 4 hr Princess Hey 3,747
~~Keep A Word~~Drop A Word Game. (Jun '10) 5 hr Princess Hey 637
flat lick Hammons Brothers Arrested--joseph/w.f... 5 hr Truth Speaker 8
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) 5 hr Spur41 72
Rental apartment or house 5 hr Needing to rent 1
wreck in flat lick 16 hr Lol 5

Winter Storm Warning for Knox County was issued at March 04 at 4:10AM EST

Barbourville Dating