Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments (Page 5,416)

Showing posts 108,301 - 108,320 of128,564
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
SistaNoneYaBiz

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
"Time and Tide wait for no man" St. Marher, 1225
"I don't allow any of MY people to work fo'fwee, OR for free."

SNYB
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
Your wife doesn't have to wonder how many guys you have been with, since you confessed publicly. And you talk about women being used equipment. Ha Ha, yet I bet you considered that a precious gift to your spouse. Still throwing stones as if you have no sin.
The point is...
WE are ALL Broken, despicable people...
IN NEED OF A SAVIOR!
God sent one, Jesus!
My sins were crimson, now they are white as snow!
Justified!
Just-as-if-I'd-never-sinned!
I wish that for everyone!
Amen!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
Aha funny, three blind mice. C'mon you know you like posting and showing your hypocrisy. Godisarsrewball can be your huckleberry.
Funny... I don't remember stating I was perfect!
And... y'alls hypocrisy is invisible to you!
Like Obama supporters....
It's not the color of his skin, but the content of his character!
06 He said... raising the debt limit was un-American, and
Now... He's raised our debt more than all the POTUS's before him together!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure the bible writer did not want to rape one that was NOT a virtuous woman so in that manner he wrote that to let men know for 5 dollars you can rape a virgin in the old testament and marry her make her a slave to clean your house cook your food and beat her is she disobeyed.
The bible shows this is true. And you say you have the holy spirit to interpret the bible? As if no one else you refute you, really.
In 1800's in the state of Delaware the Christians could not get enough of Gods Proverbs 31:10 and started raping them a 7 years of age.
So please so more of your ignorance about the truth of Gods word.
Source please?
CoalIStheCulture

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Funny... I don't remember stating I was perfect!
And... y'alls hypocrisy is invisible to you!
Like Obama supporters....
It's not the color of his skin, but the content of his character!
06 He said... raising the debt limit was un-American, and
Now... He's raised our debt more than all the POTUS's before him together!
As well as subjected E Ky to the some of the worst economic conditions I've ever witnessed.

Cheaper Illinois coal slows U.S. power market switch to natgas

NEW YORK, Sept 20 | Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:12pm EDT

(Reuters)- Cheaper, dirtier Illinois coal is giving cleaner burning natural gas a run for its money as a fuel for electric power plants, helping the coal market slow the rate at which utilities are switching to abundant, less-expensive gas.

Electric utilities are not switching from coal to gas as quickly as they were last year, when natural gas prices hit a 10-year low. Gas prices have almost doubled since then.

Illinois coal gives power plants that choose to stick with coal another option besides the benchmark Central Appalachian grade. More utilities can burn Illinois coal because they have retrofitted their plants to scrub the coal clean and meet environmental regulations.

Illinois coal is 20 percent cheaper than its Appalachian counterpart and production of it is on the rise.

With Illinois coal now in the mix, it could become more difficult for gas producers to predict how many power plants will switch from coal to gas, a factor in determining demand.

Utilities are still switching from coal to gas, but the rate has slowed by 60 percent this year, according to internal data provided by Reza Haidari, manager with Thomson Reuters Natural Gas Analytics, as natural gas prices have risen.

Central Appalachian coal futures fell this month to their lowest in more than three years, while natural gas has rebounded from a six-month low.

Cheaper coal and more expensive gas generally prompts some utilities to consider switching back to CAPP coal, but analysts and traders said that lately, Illinois Basin coal has been undercutting both CAPP coal and gas.
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
The Hellfire doctrine is for sure a God dishonoring teaching but we are not judges as to what is blasphemy and what is not!
As far as casting out demons Jesus and his Apostles did but is unlikely any have the ability to do that today by means of God's holy spirit. Remember those who had the ability to cast out demons also could raise the dead.
"The Hellfire doctrine is for sure a God dishonoring teaching"
How many times did Jesus talk about hell?
Did He not say, that even liars would take their place in the lake of fire?
Stop me if I'm wrong....
He also said, that the things He did, those that believed on Him
would do even greater things!
I've not had the opportunity to raise the dead, but I WILL try when that happens!
I did cast out demons from a gal with multiple personality disorder!
It was like flipping a switch, and a totally different person stood before me!
I prefer to accept what the Bible says, as it's been true so far...
Including all the scoffers on here!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

so true wrote:
<quoted text>Okay ya, I do have to differ with this one on you a small amount.
See , most of all of us do have values, however sometimes in life , we tend to shove them to the side, due to hurt or even mistrust or a lot of many other things that can take place in our lifes. We are none perfect , no matter how much we try to be . The past should lay in the past , correct? I can honestly say , waiting till marriage , was something no one can take away from you , and I never regretted it , but just because one person has the strength to do so , does not mean , all will or can. Lust overwhelms at times and our values get pushed back in the bottom , however still there , just tarnished. Ever been there my dear?
Oh yes... Been there, done that!
None good, no not one!
That was kind of the point :-)
Glad to see you back!
God Bless <3
could be

Pasadena, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

The Bible is clear that those who fail to heed the lords discipline -whether nations, cities, or individuals- suffer "devastating consequences."

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
No chromolio-you the people did not pay for ANY of MY college education.
Books included.
As in absolutely NO grants. Such does exist in my working world. That is part of the reasons why I WORKED.
I WORKED and earned my higher education, and paid for every bit of it myself.
And I have no problem with having done that...it is a successful accomplishment, ie: NOT anything that I need be "ashamed" about.
As far as prior to that, my parents WORKED, as did myself. K-9 were public schools (with great teachers) and NO I did not attend any private school, in high school I attended a "state" school. Much more stringently aligned per certain requirements than a general public school (entrance exams required).
My children have attended public schools, that is what we have paid years of taxes for. They have also (still are..and still yet to be) worked at furthering their own edus as well-honestly, of their own merits as well. Being the children of working class parents that they are-grants have always been out of their reach as well.
So no, certainly NO easy, continual free ride anything (including PELLs) hand out path has it been for them either.
It is nice to read that some can and do CLEARLY differentiate between the aspects of church and state, because that is how it's SUPPOSED to be.
Anything else would generally lead to trouble of some sort--rather similar to that old saying of mixing "business with pleasure"...because that's when the vagueness of "muddled puddles" over into the realms of not so clearly defined tend to form, for SOME people any, eh Chromolio?
Yup, for SOME people "muddled puddles" sums it up neatly.
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

CoalIStheCulture wrote:
<quoted text>
As well as subjected E Ky to the some of the worst economic conditions I've ever witnessed.
Cheaper Illinois coal slows U.S. power market switch to natgas
NEW YORK, Sept 20 | Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:12pm EDT
(Reuters)- Cheaper, dirtier Illinois coal is giving cleaner burning natural gas a run for its money as a fuel for electric power plants, helping the coal market slow the rate at which utilities are switching to abundant, less-expensive gas.
Electric utilities are not switching from coal to gas as quickly as they were last year, when natural gas prices hit a 10-year low. Gas prices have almost doubled since then.
Illinois coal gives power plants that choose to stick with coal another option besides the benchmark Central Appalachian grade. More utilities can burn Illinois coal because they have retrofitted their plants to scrub the coal clean and meet environmental regulations.
Illinois coal is 20 percent cheaper than its Appalachian counterpart and production of it is on the rise.
With Illinois coal now in the mix, it could become more difficult for gas producers to predict how many power plants will switch from coal to gas, a factor in determining demand.
Utilities are still switching from coal to gas, but the rate has slowed by 60 percent this year, according to internal data provided by Reza Haidari, manager with Thomson Reuters Natural Gas Analytics, as natural gas prices have risen.
Central Appalachian coal futures fell this month to their lowest in more than three years, while natural gas has rebounded from a six-month low.
Cheaper coal and more expensive gas generally prompts some utilities to consider switching back to CAPP coal, but analysts and traders said that lately, Illinois Basin coal has been undercutting both CAPP coal and gas.
I say, we use EVERYTHING in our nation to rid ourselves of foreign dependency!
Too much grease in DC... clean that out!
Amen!

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a awesome witch, aWitchintheWoods.
LOL! You are very kind, good sir.
:)
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

could be wrote:
The Bible is clear that those who fail to heed the lords discipline -whether nations, cities, or individuals- suffer "devastating consequences."
The U.S. is a Constitutional Republic of democratic electorial procedures and secular civil law codes society.

NOT a dark age thug and bararic theocracy that dictates and demands that others believe all the same.

No matter how much I defend peoples rights to read and believe what they choose.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup, for SOME people "muddled puddles" sums it up neatly.
Ya-I know.

(especially today --the weather of which will just make having to migrate around the flocks of those in awe of sparkle sparkle glitter glitter, to take care of PRIORITIES as USUAL, a little easier lol)

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I am far from stupid.
"So you say but cannot demonstrate" - Q

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

NoneYaBizswifeBrotha wrote:
<quoted text>
What are YOU doing these days Q, besides promoting ignorance and evile?
----------
Galatians 5:23
Gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.
"Same thing I do Every Day Pinky, trying to take over the World"

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure the bible writer did not want to rape one that was NOT a virtuous woman so in that manner he wrote that to let men know for 5 dollars you can rape a virgin in the old testament and marry her make her a slave to clean your house cook your food and beat her is she disobeyed.
The bible shows this is true. And you say you have the holy spirit to interpret the bible? As if no one else you refute you, really.
In 1800's in the state of Delaware the Christians could not get enough of Gods Proverbs 31:10 and started raping them a 7 years of age.
So please so more of your ignorance about the truth of Gods word.
The current exchange rate for 50 shekels would be about $730, but you get to skip buying her dinner dates, flowers, chocolates, engagement and wedding rings, etc., so while sexual assault is certainly an abhorrent act, it's still cost effective in the long run. There are other options for obtaining sex slaves in the Bible, but massacre (Deut 21) and human trafficking (Exod 21) have been frowned upon as of late.
idk

Elkhorn City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>No! that verse had nothing to do with revenge, and neither is hell!
Hell is what you ask for, just as the Gift of Salvation!
It is ultimately the receivers choice!
Do I want door (A), or door (B)???
Easy as that!
There is NO door (C)... get over it!
that is not true. u dont have a choice in this matter. ill explain it this way. say i pull a gun on u and tell u to give me your money, dont make me shoot u. now do u really have a choice about whether i get your money or not? u can say yes but no one is gonna choice to get shot and killed just as no one is gonna choice to go to hell. would u also say it is your fault or my fault if u get killed becuz u wouldnt give me your money. i gave u a choice to live but u didnt want it if u choice not to give me the money.

for your scenario i will say i take the door to heaven and eternal life but at the same time i am gonna say i dont believe in god. now if im sent to hell by this god then i didnt really have the choice myself to start with. it was his all along.

that style of choice is more like a bully if u ask me than a loving god.
idk

Elkhorn City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I am far from stupid.
You're like really ignorant though aren't you? Ignorant enough that you probably believe in slavery, white supremecy and a lot of other putrid, sick junk.
Well I don't.
u dont believe in slavery? u might wanna look up what your bible says about slavery, both the old and new testament endorse it and tell u how to treat your slaves. if u are a true believer then u cant look down on anyone that has slaves becuz your god and jesus both are all for it.

Since: Feb 12

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
The current exchange rate for 50 shekels would be about $730, but you get to skip buying her dinner dates, flowers, chocolates, engagement and wedding rings, etc., so while sexual assault is certainly an abhorrent act, it's still cost effective in the long run. There are other options for obtaining sex slaves in the Bible, but massacre (Deut 21) and human trafficking (Exod 21) have been frowned upon as of late.
Inflation and prison drove many out of the market, back in the days of king solomon trading a horse or donkey would do.

King Solomon 700 wives and 300 whores was understood by men at that time as how solomon wrote Proverbs 31:10 was to be understood since he was the role model for them. They could trade a horse and get 3 virgin slave wives.

Since: Feb 12

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Source please?
Resurrect King Solomon for me then we can settle this.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 108,301 - 108,320 of128,564
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

88 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Any couples into SCAT??? 12 min fred fecal 3
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 16 min Cornelius Scudmister 146,104
Stivers Center fixes 19 min Frog 8
Ronald Stevenson 35 min stephanie 17
Greg Simpson and Betsy Cecil stealing 1 hr haha 14
free puppies (Apr '10) 1 hr Steven reed 28
my message to Amy Mills (black) 2 hr John 3
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000