Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 134,337

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#113521 Sep 22, 2013
MrsHappyToBeMe wrote:
Christianity is increasingly disconnected from the book on which it was founded. In today’s society I think it’s more of a social gather than anything.
That's what happens when the Left puts restrictions on the Right, trying to tare down values!
So true

United States

#113522 Sep 22, 2013
Great morning to all.“As your faith is strengthened you will find that there is no longer the need to have a sense of control, that things will flow as they will, and that you will flow with them, to your great delight and benefit.”

― Emmanuel Teney
Ye of lil Understanding

Richmond, KY

#113523 Sep 22, 2013
MrsHappyToBeMe wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians who cry out, "It's wrong to judge," are ignoring the context of the passage (Matt. 7:1-2), which does not forbid judging, but instead insists on judgment according to God's word. In addition, a judgmental criticism of judgment is self-refuting.
Do you judge what lane to drive in,
What charities to give to,
What politician to vote for,
Not to use a rapist for your babysitter?
See... you Judge all the time!
When God says not to do evil... we can Judge what is evil
because God gave us a book to KNOW what His Judgments are,
and to MAKE Righteous Judgments!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#113524 Sep 22, 2013
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what tornadoes in Oklahoma, fires in California and floods in Colorado are for according to right wing extremists bible thumpers like YAA here on Topix.
God's not partial he just kills them all especially young,old and helpless ones.
You've still not figured it out!
It is NOT this life that counts... it's the NEXT one!
You know... the one where Evil has no place!
So true

United States

#113525 Sep 22, 2013
Life is hard. After all, it kills you.
What don't kill us makes us stronger.
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#113526 Sep 22, 2013
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
God's holy spirit didn't compel Solomon from hanging around whores and raping young virgins and taking them as wives. I have to give it to Solomon for writing a book to make him look holier than thou like some memorial countries make for mass murders to look good.
Maybe Solomon just had a scribe write it and make it look good to spare the life of the scribe and his family from a burn sacrifice to God. Possible he just killed the scribe anyway to keep him quite.
You really know how to MISS the point of a story!
Are you that clueless???
You must be an Osama supporter!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#113527 Sep 22, 2013
idk wrote:
<quoted text>
that is not true. u dont have a choice in this matter. ill explain it this way. say i pull a gun on u and tell u to give me your money, dont make me shoot u. now do u really have a choice about whether i get your money or not? u can say yes but no one is gonna choice to get shot and killed just as no one is gonna choice to go to hell. would u also say it is your fault or my fault if u get killed becuz u wouldnt give me your money. i gave u a choice to live but u didnt want it if u choice not to give me the money.
for your scenario i will say i take the door to heaven and eternal life but at the same time i am gonna say i dont believe in god. now if im sent to hell by this god then i didnt really have the choice myself to start with. it was his all along.
that style of choice is more like a bully if u ask me than a loving god.
Oh no!
He's proven His existence, NONE can claim they did not know!
You just didn't want to know Him, or believe!
That would be like me saying... I don't believe you have a gun...
even while it's IN MY FACE!
God is right before you, but you'd rather be BLINDED by people
like Dawkins... Guess who Dawkins works for???
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#113528 Sep 22, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Heaven forbid someone wonder such a thing.
. How selfish.
Women are not "equipment". But thanks for making it clear why your type sees them as such.
Still being a Tard I see!
Classic MD!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#113529 Sep 22, 2013
havent forgotten wrote:
<quoted text> Better to listen to the new Pope than to read the Bible. The Pope is nicer than God even.
and the Pope is real.
Should tell you....
The new pope.... is closer to the Anti-Christ, than God!
Dang! that Bible keeps true!
Go figure!
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#113530 Sep 22, 2013
havent forgotten wrote:
<quoted text> I think that is the nicest thing you ever wrote.
Thank you. I was in a nicer than usual mood lol.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#113531 Sep 22, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Does your brain fart like that all the time or just when you type?...
How about we send you on a nice extreme geo-hunt? HMmmm..maybe to Lake Cato in Leweasyanner. Heya's a hint of the first item yewl be a looking fer--

Yew kins pick somes of me up in yer local personal hygeines aisles.
I is white and fluffy,
and sometimes used for stuffy....

Otay...

Ready, set...and yowzuh!
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#113532 Sep 22, 2013
idk wrote:
<quoted text>
i agree with u 100% about treating ppl all equal but from what u say here it is easy to see u are no follower of the god of the Old or New Testament becuz both books endorse slavery of all races except Jewish unless u are Jewish yourself then u can only enslave a fellow jew for a certain amount of yrs but all other races can be slaves til they die. your last sentence there proves that u think god of the holy bible is irrational, illogical and off in the head and once again i agree 100% with that statement as well.
I(!) think SLAVERY is irrational, illogical and off in the head.

My "religious" persepctives have nothing to do with that.

No matter what book references it!!
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#113533 Sep 22, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>And just yesterday you judged atheists as fools. Hypocritical.
We can send you on the second part of the geo-hunt, it will align with the first part of Q's clue.

Your hint-

Mirror mirror, placed in front of your hot air spewing space-
What's the common term for that flapping pie hole on your face?
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#113534 Sep 22, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>Not sure about the rest of you guys, but exchanging opinions and comments with a female that has intelligence is a nice change from Sista's baby talking, half-capitalized words and stupid remarks
And yew can foller behind them-

Just take those rocks you carry around in a bag that in your case represents a brain, and have it ready, open and empty of the rocks....

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#113535 Sep 22, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
I(!) think SLAVERY is irrational, illogical and off in the head.
My "religious" persepctives have nothing to do with that.
No matter what book references it!!
Balderdash. You are a proponent of Malthusian economics. If the masses of chaff and chattel populate beyond the elites' needs for the workforce, the bulk surplus has Your Honor's permission to wither and die. Disease, starvation, exposure, violence - the manner doesn't matter as long as they do so calmly, quietly and somewhere else as befitting the civiLiZed ResPECTations they owe you.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#113536 Sep 22, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Balderdash. You are a proponent of Malthusian economics. If the masses of chaff and chattel populate beyond the elites' needs for the workforce, the bulk surplus has Your Honor's permission to wither and die. Disease, starvation, exposure, violence - the manner doesn't matter as long as they do so calmly, quietly and somewhere else as befitting the civiLiZed ResPECTations they owe you.
and you can clean up the dung from the collections.

Heya-have "A" wipe, specifically.
Turn around

Van Nuys, CA

#113537 Sep 22, 2013
Don't run from God -

Serenity Prayer:
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference.  

Trusting that He will make all things right ..
Amen.

James 5:16

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#113538 Sep 22, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
and you can clean up the dung from the collections.
Heya-have "A" wipe, specifically.
I'm not your slave. Wash your own brain.
EYESOPEN

Seymour, IN

#113539 Sep 22, 2013
I personally think it would be wonderful to bring the
word of God to our children. It appears that there
are thousands that never hear Gods' word, school shootings, rape, drugs are rampant, our children live
in a scary and dangerous world. Think people, our
God created this world, our children and every thing
in the world-isn't it about time we started letting
the truth , as we know it, be known? I am so concerned about the youth of today, I feel sorry for them, they have such a struggle to find their way through life. Let's pray for a solution to the drug problem that is sucking the very life out of our young. We never know the potential of a young person life or the contribution he/she will make, why let sin deny that person of what they may be capable of??
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#113540 Sep 22, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not your slave. Wash your own brain.
Exactly.
Why I don't believe in slavery, it's not Constitutionally acceptable.

My brain is just fine thank you. However, should my brain need cleansed, I know of some wonderful scriptures (and other readings) that could do so....so I have no issue with reading anything cleansing to the mind myself either, because such IS, Constitutionally acceptable.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
wreck in flat lick 18 min Lol 5
dustin patterson 19 min Crazy 2
Buster Townsley 8 hr ritty 2
~~Keep A Word~~Drop A Word Game. (Jun '10) 12 hr Princess Hey 635
john bryant has the best steroids in town 12 hr truther 1
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 12 hr Princess Hey 3,745
I have a decision to make. 12 hr Princess Hey 11
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Sun Physics_Works 71

Flood Watch for Knox County was issued at March 03 at 4:47AM EST

Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:58 am PST

Bleacher Report 9:58AM
Vince Young Registered at NFL Vet Combine