Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 132,242

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#113511 Sep 21, 2013
concerned wrote:
The danger in teaching the Bible is that this book has the power to create faith even in an atheist. If it is allowed to be taught there is a strong possibility someone could be converted to Jesus Christ. Under the current world views is it possible to allow such a powerful tool for good to be taught in public schools and that before the young minds of the future?
Better to listen to the new Pope than to read the Bible. The Pope is nicer than God even.
and the Pope is real.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#113512 Sep 21, 2013
SisterNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
People are people no matter what the race, creed or color.
I REFUSE to apply Any ignorant lump and labelDUHM BIGOTRY in my life and hate or JUDGE people based upon their race, CREED or color.
Because anything else is just EXTREMISM, as in IMBALANCED, IRRATIONAL, ILLogical and just plain old OFF in the head.
I think that is the nicest thing you ever wrote.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#113513 Sep 21, 2013
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what tornadoes in Oklahoma, fires in California and floods in Colorado are for according to right wing extremists bible thumpers like YAA here on Topix.
God's not partial he just kills them all especially young,old and helpless ones.
that is one version of God, from right wing extremists. it seems that some of the folks on here are not quite that horrible in their beliefs and in their views about the God they believe in. And in the real world there are other believers in a version of God that is much nicer than what we generally see on topix. They just seem to be much more quiet. The rightwing extremists in politics and religion are the noisy ones now, unfortunately the media augments their voices.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#113514 Sep 21, 2013
could be wrote:
One of Satan's most deceptive and powerful ways of defeating us is to get us to believe lies.
You have to have courage, to be obedient to God. Most people don't even like the word obedience used in life.
I do not think you can prove that there is a true statement about God or Satan. It is all opinion, including whether they exist. It is tough enough to be an effective kind person, but it is worth it. To be obedient to a lot of nonsense that some fool claims is God's word can be easier in some cases, or more difficult in other cases, than being a kind person. But being kind is better than being mean and claiming God told you to be mean. The rightwing extremists are the ones who prefer being nasty and claiming to obey God. Just look at the gOP legislative record everywhere - stealing food, votes, and health care from poor people. They are trying to get votes from socalled Christians!

Since: Feb 12

Roseville, CA

#113515 Sep 21, 2013
havent forgotten wrote:
<quoted text> that is one version of God, from right wing extremists. it seems that some of the folks on here are not quite that horrible in their beliefs and in their views about the God they believe in. And in the real world there are other believers in a version of God that is much nicer than what we generally see on topix. They just seem to be much more quiet. The rightwing extremists in politics and religion are the noisy ones now, unfortunately the media augments their voices.
True

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

Somerset, KY

#113516 Sep 21, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
You just can't stand it if one aint standing with it's toes stuck under a kindling stove with nothing but a cast iron skillet to work with, burning candles for light to see by, can you.
Dark age duhmmy.
Good day-NO traffic jams. Yeeha-matches the current ECONOMY.
Does your brain fart like that all the time or just when you type?...
idk

Pikeville, KY

#113517 Sep 21, 2013
SisterNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
I REFUSE to apply Any ignorant lump and labelDUHM BIGOTRY in my life and hate or JUDGE people based upon their race, CREED or color.
Because anything else is just EXTREMISM, as in IMBALANCED, IRRATIONAL, ILLogical and just plain old OFF in the head.
i agree with u 100% about treating ppl all equal but from what u say here it is easy to see u are no follower of the god of the Old or New Testament becuz both books endorse slavery of all races except Jewish unless u are Jewish yourself then u can only enslave a fellow jew for a certain amount of yrs but all other races can be slaves til they die. your last sentence there proves that u think god of the holy bible is irrational, illogical and off in the head and once again i agree 100% with that statement as well.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#113519 Sep 21, 2013
SisterNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
And just yesterday you judged atheists as fools. Hypocritical.

Since: Sep 13

United States of America

#113520 Sep 21, 2013
MrsHappyToBeMe wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians who cry out, "It's wrong to judge," are ignoring the context of the passage (Matt. 7:1-2), which does not forbid judging, but instead insists on judgment according to God's word. In addition, a judgmental criticism of judgment is self-refuting.
Not sure about the rest of you guys, but exchanging opinions and comments with a female that has intelligence is a nice change from Sista's baby talking, half-capitalized words and stupid remarks
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#113521 Sep 22, 2013
MrsHappyToBeMe wrote:
Christianity is increasingly disconnected from the book on which it was founded. In today’s society I think it’s more of a social gather than anything.
That's what happens when the Left puts restrictions on the Right, trying to tare down values!
So true

United States

#113522 Sep 22, 2013
Great morning to all.“As your faith is strengthened you will find that there is no longer the need to have a sense of control, that things will flow as they will, and that you will flow with them, to your great delight and benefit.”

&#8213; Emmanuel Teney
Ye of lil Understanding

Richmond, KY

#113523 Sep 22, 2013
MrsHappyToBeMe wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians who cry out, "It's wrong to judge," are ignoring the context of the passage (Matt. 7:1-2), which does not forbid judging, but instead insists on judgment according to God's word. In addition, a judgmental criticism of judgment is self-refuting.
Do you judge what lane to drive in,
What charities to give to,
What politician to vote for,
Not to use a rapist for your babysitter?
See... you Judge all the time!
When God says not to do evil... we can Judge what is evil
because God gave us a book to KNOW what His Judgments are,
and to MAKE Righteous Judgments!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#113524 Sep 22, 2013
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what tornadoes in Oklahoma, fires in California and floods in Colorado are for according to right wing extremists bible thumpers like YAA here on Topix.
God's not partial he just kills them all especially young,old and helpless ones.
You've still not figured it out!
It is NOT this life that counts... it's the NEXT one!
You know... the one where Evil has no place!
So true

United States

#113525 Sep 22, 2013
Life is hard. After all, it kills you.
What don't kill us makes us stronger.
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#113526 Sep 22, 2013
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
God's holy spirit didn't compel Solomon from hanging around whores and raping young virgins and taking them as wives. I have to give it to Solomon for writing a book to make him look holier than thou like some memorial countries make for mass murders to look good.
Maybe Solomon just had a scribe write it and make it look good to spare the life of the scribe and his family from a burn sacrifice to God. Possible he just killed the scribe anyway to keep him quite.
You really know how to MISS the point of a story!
Are you that clueless???
You must be an Osama supporter!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#113527 Sep 22, 2013
idk wrote:
<quoted text>
that is not true. u dont have a choice in this matter. ill explain it this way. say i pull a gun on u and tell u to give me your money, dont make me shoot u. now do u really have a choice about whether i get your money or not? u can say yes but no one is gonna choice to get shot and killed just as no one is gonna choice to go to hell. would u also say it is your fault or my fault if u get killed becuz u wouldnt give me your money. i gave u a choice to live but u didnt want it if u choice not to give me the money.
for your scenario i will say i take the door to heaven and eternal life but at the same time i am gonna say i dont believe in god. now if im sent to hell by this god then i didnt really have the choice myself to start with. it was his all along.
that style of choice is more like a bully if u ask me than a loving god.
Oh no!
He's proven His existence, NONE can claim they did not know!
You just didn't want to know Him, or believe!
That would be like me saying... I don't believe you have a gun...
even while it's IN MY FACE!
God is right before you, but you'd rather be BLINDED by people
like Dawkins... Guess who Dawkins works for???
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#113528 Sep 22, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Heaven forbid someone wonder such a thing.
. How selfish.
Women are not "equipment". But thanks for making it clear why your type sees them as such.
Still being a Tard I see!
Classic MD!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#113529 Sep 22, 2013
havent forgotten wrote:
<quoted text> Better to listen to the new Pope than to read the Bible. The Pope is nicer than God even.
and the Pope is real.
Should tell you....
The new pope.... is closer to the Anti-Christ, than God!
Dang! that Bible keeps true!
Go figure!
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#113530 Sep 22, 2013
havent forgotten wrote:
<quoted text> I think that is the nicest thing you ever wrote.
Thank you. I was in a nicer than usual mood lol.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#113531 Sep 22, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Does your brain fart like that all the time or just when you type?...
How about we send you on a nice extreme geo-hunt? HMmmm..maybe to Lake Cato in Leweasyanner. Heya's a hint of the first item yewl be a looking fer--

Yew kins pick somes of me up in yer local personal hygeines aisles.
I is white and fluffy,
and sometimes used for stuffy....

Otay...

Ready, set...and yowzuh!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messers 1 hr Wondering 1
Jason hughes son 7 hr Jason cuzzo 1
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 7 hr _Zoey_ 3,610
hau mings mexican restaurant 8 hr bugs r us 2
dinky phipps 8 hr Edozier 18
Who is Winston tye seeing now....... 10 hr Lee 15
What do you think 10 hr Just sayin 1
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web