Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,569

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story
Known Fact

Kissimmee, FL

#113450 Sep 20, 2013
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
Are those teaching eternal torment blaspheming God? What about those who claim they have cast out demons by the power of Gods Holy Spirit, are they endanger of everlasting destruction by God?
The Hellfire doctrine is for sure a God dishonoring teaching but we are not judges as to what is blasphemy and what is not!
As far as casting out demons Jesus and his Apostles did but is unlikely any have the ability to do that today by means of God's holy spirit. Remember those who had the ability to cast out demons also could raise the dead.
so true

United States

#113451 Sep 21, 2013
Great early morning to all. This weather is so great. However we all no that worse shall come. I have not been on here for sometime due to issues, and have really missed reading all you guys write. You all have a good Sat...
so true

United States

#113452 Sep 21, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>I actually think that, that term for rape, would be more classified as
Having premarital sex!
But with todays values... who cares if you get a used equipment???
Virginity is a precious Gift to a spouse!
I hope your husband doesn't have to wonder about
all the other guys who'd been there first!
Okay ya, I do have to differ with this one on you a small amount.
See , most of all of us do have values, however sometimes in life , we tend to shove them to the side, due to hurt or even mistrust or a lot of many other things that can take place in our lifes. We are none perfect , no matter how much we try to be . The past should lay in the past , correct? I can honestly say , waiting till marriage , was something no one can take away from you , and I never regretted it , but just because one person has the strength to do so , does not mean , all will or can. Lust overwhelms at times and our values get pushed back in the bottom , however still there , just tarnished. Ever been there my dear?
so true

United States

#113453 Sep 21, 2013
Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity
so true

United States

#113454 Sep 21, 2013
We are punished by our sins, not for them. Elbert Hubbard

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

Somerset, KY

#113455 Sep 21, 2013
so true wrote:
We are punished by our sins, not for them. Elbert Hubbard
"We all live in a yellow submarine" The Beatles

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

Somerset, KY

#113456 Sep 21, 2013
so true wrote:
Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity
"Time and Tide wait for no man" St. Marher, 1225
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#113457 Sep 21, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
You are like really stupid aren't ya.....
No, I am far from stupid.

You're like really ignorant though aren't you? Ignorant enough that you probably believe in slavery, white supremecy and a lot of other putrid, sick junk.

Well I don't.
could be

Van Nuys, CA

#113458 Sep 21, 2013
"If you lie to yourself you lie to God too."
NoneYaBizswifeSi sta

London, KY

#113459 Sep 21, 2013
so true wrote:
Time is a precious commodity, and for those who misuse and abuse others time, it will be an eternity.

2 Corinthians 6:14

Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness.

Genesis 2:22-25

And the rib that the Lord God had taken from the man he made into a woman and brought her to the man. Then the man said,“This at last is bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.” Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh. And the man and his wife were both naked and were not ashamed.
NoneYaBizswifeBr otha

London, KY

#113460 Sep 21, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
What are YOU doing these days Q, besides promoting ignorance and evile?
----------
Galatians 5:23

Gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.
SistaNoneYaBiz

London, KY

#113461 Sep 21, 2013
could be wrote:
"If you lie to yourself you lie to God too."
Proverbs 1:1-33

The proverbs of Solomon, son of David, king of Israel: To know wisdom and instruction, to understand words of insight, to receive instruction in wise dealing, in righteousness, justice, and equity; to give prudence to the simple, knowledge and discretion to the youth— Let the wise hear and increase in learning, and the one who understands obtain guidance,...

And if you lie to yourself, you cannot qualify as having any sort of clue as to what the above proverb is saying...and some of those of us that do realize might tell you it means-

Mind your own business and condemn not, or you Will be condemned in return, because the lives, beliefs etc of others are NOT Any of your business-at all.
SistaNoneYaBiz

London, KY

#113462 Sep 21, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
"We all live in a yellow submarine" The Beatles
And you probably requested a built in screen door in yours..fo'fwee, no doubt.
SistaNoneYaBiz

London, KY

#113463 Sep 21, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
"I don't allow any of MY people to work fo'fwee, OR for free."

SNYB
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#113464 Sep 21, 2013
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
Your wife doesn't have to wonder how many guys you have been with, since you confessed publicly. And you talk about women being used equipment. Ha Ha, yet I bet you considered that a precious gift to your spouse. Still throwing stones as if you have no sin.
The point is...
WE are ALL Broken, despicable people...
IN NEED OF A SAVIOR!
God sent one, Jesus!
My sins were crimson, now they are white as snow!
Justified!
Just-as-if-I'd-never-sinned!
I wish that for everyone!
Amen!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#113465 Sep 21, 2013
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
Aha funny, three blind mice. C'mon you know you like posting and showing your hypocrisy. Godisarsrewball can be your huckleberry.
Funny... I don't remember stating I was perfect!
And... y'alls hypocrisy is invisible to you!
Like Obama supporters....
It's not the color of his skin, but the content of his character!
06 He said... raising the debt limit was un-American, and
Now... He's raised our debt more than all the POTUS's before him together!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#113466 Sep 21, 2013
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure the bible writer did not want to rape one that was NOT a virtuous woman so in that manner he wrote that to let men know for 5 dollars you can rape a virgin in the old testament and marry her make her a slave to clean your house cook your food and beat her is she disobeyed.
The bible shows this is true. And you say you have the holy spirit to interpret the bible? As if no one else you refute you, really.
In 1800's in the state of Delaware the Christians could not get enough of Gods Proverbs 31:10 and started raping them a 7 years of age.
So please so more of your ignorance about the truth of Gods word.
Source please?
CoalIStheCulture

London, KY

#113467 Sep 21, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Funny... I don't remember stating I was perfect!
And... y'alls hypocrisy is invisible to you!
Like Obama supporters....
It's not the color of his skin, but the content of his character!
06 He said... raising the debt limit was un-American, and
Now... He's raised our debt more than all the POTUS's before him together!
As well as subjected E Ky to the some of the worst economic conditions I've ever witnessed.

Cheaper Illinois coal slows U.S. power market switch to natgas

NEW YORK, Sept 20 | Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:12pm EDT

(Reuters)- Cheaper, dirtier Illinois coal is giving cleaner burning natural gas a run for its money as a fuel for electric power plants, helping the coal market slow the rate at which utilities are switching to abundant, less-expensive gas.

Electric utilities are not switching from coal to gas as quickly as they were last year, when natural gas prices hit a 10-year low. Gas prices have almost doubled since then.

Illinois coal gives power plants that choose to stick with coal another option besides the benchmark Central Appalachian grade. More utilities can burn Illinois coal because they have retrofitted their plants to scrub the coal clean and meet environmental regulations.

Illinois coal is 20 percent cheaper than its Appalachian counterpart and production of it is on the rise.

With Illinois coal now in the mix, it could become more difficult for gas producers to predict how many power plants will switch from coal to gas, a factor in determining demand.

Utilities are still switching from coal to gas, but the rate has slowed by 60 percent this year, according to internal data provided by Reza Haidari, manager with Thomson Reuters Natural Gas Analytics, as natural gas prices have risen.

Central Appalachian coal futures fell this month to their lowest in more than three years, while natural gas has rebounded from a six-month low.

Cheaper coal and more expensive gas generally prompts some utilities to consider switching back to CAPP coal, but analysts and traders said that lately, Illinois Basin coal has been undercutting both CAPP coal and gas.
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#113468 Sep 21, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
The Hellfire doctrine is for sure a God dishonoring teaching but we are not judges as to what is blasphemy and what is not!
As far as casting out demons Jesus and his Apostles did but is unlikely any have the ability to do that today by means of God's holy spirit. Remember those who had the ability to cast out demons also could raise the dead.
"The Hellfire doctrine is for sure a God dishonoring teaching"
How many times did Jesus talk about hell?
Did He not say, that even liars would take their place in the lake of fire?
Stop me if I'm wrong....
He also said, that the things He did, those that believed on Him
would do even greater things!
I've not had the opportunity to raise the dead, but I WILL try when that happens!
I did cast out demons from a gal with multiple personality disorder!
It was like flipping a switch, and a totally different person stood before me!
I prefer to accept what the Bible says, as it's been true so far...
Including all the scoffers on here!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#113469 Sep 21, 2013
so true wrote:
<quoted text>Okay ya, I do have to differ with this one on you a small amount.
See , most of all of us do have values, however sometimes in life , we tend to shove them to the side, due to hurt or even mistrust or a lot of many other things that can take place in our lifes. We are none perfect , no matter how much we try to be . The past should lay in the past , correct? I can honestly say , waiting till marriage , was something no one can take away from you , and I never regretted it , but just because one person has the strength to do so , does not mean , all will or can. Lust overwhelms at times and our values get pushed back in the bottom , however still there , just tarnished. Ever been there my dear?
Oh yes... Been there, done that!
None good, no not one!
That was kind of the point :-)
Glad to see you back!
God Bless <3

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Quantummist real name is Paul Mays 18 min Dee 6
Darren k west please pick up political signs 1 hr Catron ave 7
Darren k west come to catron ave get your signs 1 hr Catron ave 3
Darren west pick up your Election signs PLEASE... 2 hr No respect 18
Mayor Darren west come get political signs 2 hr Please Darren west 3
Barbourville High School 3 hr Kickingwolf 5
More micheal brown and ill puke 3 hr hope 3
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Mon beeraholic 49
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match