Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 151667 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Since: Feb 12

Rancho Cordova, CA

#113381 Sep 19, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>You might point that verse "Matthew 7:21-23" towards...
"The Gay church"
They "practice lawlessness", and still "THINK" they are Christians...
Satan has been busy!
Gays "practice lawlessness" why can't they just pay a fine of 5 dollars just like the religious men who rape virgins?

Theocracy demands death for the children of those you claim are lawless as revenge for violating your beliefs.

This is why we need a secular government without right wing religious extremism in office you grovel for.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#113382 Sep 19, 2013
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
Gays "practice lawlessness" why can't they just pay a fine of 5 dollars just like the religious men who rape virgins?
Theocracy demands death for the children of those you claim are lawless as revenge for violating your beliefs.
This is why we need a secular government without right wing religious extremism in office you grovel for.
Hiya SS,

"Gays "practice lawlessness" why can't they just pay a fine of 5 dollars just like the religious men who rape virgins?"

Because religies believe females are chattel.

Rancho Cordova, CA

#113383 Sep 19, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>
Hiya SS,
"Gays "practice lawlessness" why can't they just pay a fine of 5 dollars just like the religious men who rape virgins?"
Because religies believe females are chattel.
Hi LOL,

Good day to you. The religies want females to kneel and be subservient to them or be beaten in some manner.

Since: Sep 13

United States of America

#113384 Sep 19, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
More bullchit.
My beliefs are NONE of your business.
Look up the word contrary, hypocrite.
You should see your photo beside it.
Alright y then!
If that is the case, why are you on a Public Forum discussing that which you claim is None of my or anyone's business?

How about you look up the definition of Contrary
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#113385 Sep 19, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
If that were the case, your incoherent babbling a$$ would have been gone long ago!
As for the second part of leveling a fine against Topix...read the fine print, basically, if you can't take the heat stay out of the kitchen, but first, go make me a sammich.
Bullchit.

And make your own damn sammich.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#113386 Sep 19, 2013
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow "hedonist" you slander me in public and don't even know me. "You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor" is the ninth of the Ten Commandments.
Why don't you use your registered Topix name Godseyeball that you have done last year or so. Why are you hiding under all these names?
Recommend you should go to a non-denominational Christian church. That may help with your anger and confusion and maybe make some friends.
I don't have a registered name, including Godseyeball.

I'm not hiding either-anyone that knows me, knows who I am.

Recommended maybe you should go to ANY church, it might help you understand what ETHICS are.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#113387 Sep 19, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text> Alright y then!
If that is the case, why are you on a Public Forum discussing that which you claim is None of my or anyone's business?
How about you look up the definition of Contrary
You asked, you got told.
Known Fact

Orlando, FL

#113388 Sep 19, 2013
Hellfire—Is It Part of Divine Justice?
Have you ever seen someone tortured? We hope not. Deliberate torture is sickening and abhorrent. What, though, of torture inflicted by God? Can you imagine such a thing? Yet, this is exactly what is implied by the teaching of hellfire, an official doctrine in many religions.
Imagine, for a moment, the following horrific scene: A person is being roasted on a hot iron plate. In his agony he screams for mercy, but nobody listens. The torture goes on and on, hour after hour, day after day—without pause!
Whatever crime the victim may have committed, would not your heart go out to him? What of the one who ordered the torture? Could he be a loving person? In no way! Love is merciful and shows pity. A loving father may punish his children, but he would never torture them!
Nevertheless, many religions teach that God tortures sinners in an eternal hellfire. This, it is claimed, is divine justice. If that is true, who created that terrible place of eternal torment? And who is responsible for the excruciating agonies inflicted there? The answers would seem obvious. If such a place really exists, then God would have to be the creator of it, and he would be responsible for what happens there.
Can you accept that? The Bible says:“God is love.”(1 John 4:8) Would a God of love inflict torture that even humans with any measure of decency find revolting? Surely not!
An Unreasonable Teaching

United States of America

#113389 Sep 19, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullchit.
And make your own damn sammich.
Another of my favorite pastimes.... spinning Sista into her own dimension of pizzed off.

Hahaha
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#113390 Sep 19, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text> Another of my favorite pastimes.... spinning Sista into her own dimension of pizzed off.
Hahaha
And then Beg for it, dog.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#113391 Sep 19, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
Hellfire—Is It Part of Divine Justice?
Have you ever seen someone tortured? We hope not. Deliberate torture is sickening and abhorrent. What, though, of torture inflicted by God? Can you imagine such a thing? Yet, this is exactly what is implied by the teaching of hellfire, an official doctrine in many religions.
Imagine, for a moment, the following horrific scene: A person is being roasted on a hot iron plate. In his agony he screams for mercy, but nobody listens. The torture goes on and on, hour after hour, day after day—without pause!
Whatever crime the victim may have committed, would not your heart go out to him? What of the one who ordered the torture? Could he be a loving person? In no way! Love is merciful and shows pity. A loving father may punish his children, but he would never torture them!
Nevertheless, many religions teach that God tortures sinners in an eternal hellfire. This, it is claimed, is divine justice. If that is true, who created that terrible place of eternal torment? And who is responsible for the excruciating agonies inflicted there? The answers would seem obvious. If such a place really exists, then God would have to be the creator of it, and he would be responsible for what happens there.
Can you accept that? The Bible says:“God is love.”(1 John 4:8) Would a God of love inflict torture that even humans with any measure of decency find revolting? Surely not!
An Unreasonable Teaching
Excellent post!

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#113392 Sep 19, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
You wish there were no great floods, no Nazareth, no mitochondrial monikers, or no dinosaurs(REALLY?? REALLY?).
I never said I have any desire or wish about these perpetuated falsifications and fabrications, except that I think lying is bad. Don't you? IF there had been a Noahcian flood as described in Genesis, we wouldn't be having this dialogue, as the evidence of its occurrence would be overwhelming. Instead, the evidence is overwhelming that IT DID NOT HAPPEN. Nazareth wasn't built in Jesus' time, much less occupied. "Mitochondrial Eve" bears no relationship with the Mythical Eve. Humans missed walking with dinosaurs by tens of millions of years. I can go on... how long of a list do you >wish< to misconstrue? Plants created before the sun and stars? The flat Earth? Cain? Enoch? Jonah? Slavery in Egypt and the Exodus? The Red Sea? The Tyre prophesy? Immaculate conception? John of Patmos being John the Beloved? How about the simple stuff? Talking snakes and donkeys, Pi = 3, bats are birds, bugs have 4 legs,....? Then there's your ultimate moniker - the TOWER OF BABBLE?
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>I threaten with litigation because of the dark age IGNORANCE you seemingly wish to pitchforkedly promote.
Because it's BULLCHIT.
Then why aren't you threatening YaA, Curious, et al with litigation? They are the ones who claim these obvious lies are real. They are the ones who promote dark age ignorance and endorse indoctrinating children to these certified, unconscionable and indisputable untruths. It is their churches who promote that sinners and "heathens" will and should be "pitchforked" for all of eternity. It is the churches who want to dictate what medicines a woman can have, what students can and cannot learn and which law abiding humans are socially acceptable and which ones are not. I call THAT sociopathic, manipulative and hateful.
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>And NO one bought me books OR "sent" me to school.
I did that MYSELF.
How passe. It's a revisit of the old "I built that" indignation. So from the ages of 5 - 18 you had jobs to pay for K-12? Tell me, when tea partiers rewrite history and skew reality, do they start with their personal resumes or is that just the flourishes and footnotes under "Amen"?
Perhaps if someone >had< bought you some books you could have learned to READ what others write instead of skimming past it and then ranting incoherently.
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>So quit acting like an exposed JUVENILE, sociopathic, lunaTIC ASS, with a bad case of diarrhea, who just wants to EXPLOIT and manipulate others-because it's WRONG.
And grow (UP) and get some actual REAL ETHICS for a change, will ya plz.
Amen to that, Sista... and do you need to borrow some tongs for that plank in yer eye?
WE pork hicks

San Diego, CA

#113393 Sep 19, 2013
THE BOOK OF God frauds nothing but a book of lies.

Rancho Cordova, CA

#113394 Sep 19, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have a registered name, including Godseyeball.
I'm not hiding either-anyone that knows me, knows who I am.
Recommended maybe you should go to ANY church, it might help you understand what ETHICS are.
You have use Godisaneyeball I found your posts. I didn't search to see if that was registered or not. I don't care. Found some of the forums that appear to be you posting. Barack Obama, our next President and atheisim a mental illness.

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/plantation-f
l/TI79GCO8VK9QA3S3B/p16918

poster
TheIndependentMa jority
----------
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/
T6L6SAE6U79PVSM5V/p270

poster
Godisaneyeball

----------

topix page

Godisaneyeball

pages

SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#113395 Sep 19, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said I have any desire or wish about these perpetuated falsifications and fabrications, except that I think lying is bad. Don't you? IF there had been a Noahcian flood as described in Genesis, we wouldn't be having this dialogue, as the evidence of its occurrence would be overwhelming. Instead, the evidence is overwhelming that IT DID NOT HAPPEN. Nazareth wasn't built in Jesus' time, much less occupied. "Mitochondrial Eve" bears no relationship with the Mythical Eve. Humans missed walking with dinosaurs by tens of millions of years. I can go on... how long of a list do you >wish< to misconstrue? Plants created before the sun and stars? The flat Earth? Cain? Enoch? Jonah? Slavery in Egypt and the Exodus? The Red Sea? The Tyre prophesy? Immaculate conception? John of Patmos being John the Beloved? How about the simple stuff? Talking snakes and donkeys, Pi = 3, bats are birds, bugs have 4 legs,....? Then there's your ultimate moniker - the TOWER OF BABBLE?
<quoted text>
Then why aren't you threatening YaA, Curious, et al with litigation? They are the ones who claim these obvious lies are real. They are the ones who promote dark age ignorance and endorse indoctrinating children to these certified, unconscionable and indisputable untruths. It is their churches who promote that sinners and "heathens" will and should be "pitchforked" for all of eternity. It is the churches who want to dictate what medicines a woman can have, what students can and cannot learn and which law abiding humans are socially acceptable and which ones are not. I call THAT sociopathic, manipulative and hateful.
<quoted text>
How passe. It's a revisit of the old "I built that" indignation. So from the ages of 5 - 18 you had jobs to pay for K-12? Tell me, when tea partiers rewrite history and skew reality, do they start with their personal resumes or is that just the flourishes and footnotes under "Amen"?
Perhaps if someone >had< bought you some books you could have learned to READ what others write instead of skimming past it and then ranting incoherently.
<quoted text>
Amen to that, Sista... and do you need to borrow some tongs for that plank in yer eye?
Blah blah blah....and from the ages of 15 on up-YES, I did, and beyond the k-12 even. Is that too complex a concept for you to fathom????

Does it bother you that SOME did not depend on the givverment and rather instead, WORKED and Earned of their OWN merit? All the while, while taking care of others even????

Too bad.

You, are just religiousestablishmentarianism .

And it's not my problem if you cannot differentiate medical from clergy, secular school buildings from church buildings OR read the numbered pages of resumes as they might be presented. Maybe try pulling your fingers out from having them stuck up your nose first next time.

And no, I have my own vice grips. Whinebag.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#113396 Sep 19, 2013
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
You have use Godisaneyeball I found your posts. I didn't search to see if that was registered or not. I don't care. Found some of the forums that appear to be you posting. Barack Obama, our next President and atheisim a mental illness.
poster
TheIndependentMa jority
----------
T6L6SAE6U79PVSM5V/p270
poster
Godisaneyeball
----------
topix page
Godisaneyeball
pages
Yeah -GodIsanEyeball-which is NOT, repeat-NOT "Godseyeball".

Idiot.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#113397 Sep 19, 2013
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
poster
TheIndependentMa jority
----------
T6L6SAE6U79PVSM5V/p270
poster
Godisaneyeball
----------
topix page
Godisaneyeball
pages
Are you cyber stalking me?

Sociopathic, lunaTic, Freak.

Rancho Cordova, CA

#113398 Sep 19, 2013
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/plantation-fl...

poster
TheIndependentMa jority
----------

Atheism is a mental illness

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...

poster
Godisaneyeball

----------

Bible study rules
topix kentucky forum
poster Godisaneyeball

pages

SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#113399 Sep 19, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
and kindly stop acting like a 1:1 biohazard

United States of America

#113400 Sep 19, 2013
Spaceship earth wrote:
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/plantation-fl...
poster
TheIndependentMa jority
----------
Atheism is a mental illness
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...
poster
Godisaneyeball
----------
Bible study rules
topix kentucky forum
poster Godisaneyeball
pages
Honestly SS, I think Sista (with the hundreds of Monikers) mentality is pre-pubescent stage.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Older men Younger women 9 min still horny 7
Knox county voters support TRUMP ! (Jan '16) 16 min FHillarySupporters 15
Police: Woman arrested after passing out in car 35 min YourLifeMustSuck 6
Pizza Hut/Barbourville 1 hr Pie 11
Higher Property Taxes 3 hr taxpayer 10
save alot 4 hr UCE 19
College Heights Apartments 5 hr travis 5
New Hires at KC 13 hr tax payer 61

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web