Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 151891 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

#113361 Sep 19, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I can in truth, speak and I also speak the truth.
"Not everything is as advertised!"
BINGO!(and that goes for the voices in your head, too.)
Don't believe everything you think because it feels good.
God might be real, but the stories you are told on Sunday morning have little to do with "Him."
It wasn't what I "heard" in Sunday school that showed up, and saved me...
It was God Himself!
That is the Truth!

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#113362 Sep 19, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
As in pondering my OWN personal thoughts-NOT "forcing" or trying to "enforce" them on anyone else...because that type of stuff, is just ignorant.
Every time you admonish, name call, chastise and vehemently criticize someone else for their posts, their opinions or their attitudes you are in fact declaring that you want them to adopt your own position (whatever the heck that might be). Everybody does it and you ain't no saint. "Forcing" and "enforcing" is merely a matter of what degree you are willing to take it to. You like the idea of a Theocracy? I can see the devil sitting next to me.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#113363 Sep 19, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Hahahahaha!
You are pitiful!
You still have NO clue of what that verse means... after all this time!
Lets work from another direction...
Where do YOU want your soul to go... When you die?
Stay on track, YaA. The verse is about revenge. So is Hell and the Lake of Fire.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#113364 Sep 19, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>It wasn't what I "heard" in Sunday school that showed up, and saved me...
It was God Himself!
That is the Truth!
Don't believe everything you think because it feels good.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#113365 Sep 19, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
stuck in a lodi wrote:
Sista, you don't even understand the concept of your own comments, then are quick to call other's interpretation wrong... As I said, if I interpreted it wrong, and I don't think I did, then I apologize, but you've yet to show me that I was wrong..... All I'm saying is why would one use the word {ponder} when trying to enforce their belief in a Deity, when other words would suite the passage w/out implementing any doubt!
<quoted text> Show me in one single post where I said you were forcing your beliefs on anyone or anything else.
My whole point was .... when YOU used the word {ponder} some might think YOU were not 100% sure YOURSELF...of YOUR PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP you have with your Deity!
You have admitted before that You do not know when I asked you if you believe in heaven and hell , god and jesus So that is the reason I questioned your use of the word Ponder when you used it, instead of other words that would have given a much more precise and clear statement.
Bullchit.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#113366 Sep 19, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
I can say for myself that when I use the word {ponder} in any sentence, I am using that word to mean {question} as it is the most popular of all the meanings of that word- meaning it is used more often than the other definitions...Thus why I questioned your use of it in your comment!
So you have no question of your faith in jesus and the bible?
Bullchit.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#113367 Sep 19, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
I believe anyone that is following this thread would agree with me in saying that when you used that word, they too would see it as you questioning your belief, especially with your recent posts of not agreeing with the OT, not knowing if there is a heaven or hell, and of course your comment of different levels of dimension.
Bullchit.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#113368 Sep 19, 2013
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Some do.
2. The bible is fictional and your still reading it as fact.
3. Cussing is not becoming of a lady I might add in any language.
4. O.K. Are you familiar with this verse?
Song of Solomon 2:3
“Like an apple tree among the trees of the forest,
So is my beloved among the young men.
In his shade I took great delight and sat down,
And his fruit was sweet to my taste. "
Bullchit.
Especially since "you're" quoting a book that you "hate", hedonist
Hypocrite.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#113369 Sep 19, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
I really don't care what you believe, I'm just trying to get a "fix" as to what that belief might be because you flip-flop so much it's really hard to tell.
More bullchit.

My beliefs are NONE of your business.

Look up the word contrary, hypocrite.

You should see your photo beside it.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#113370 Sep 19, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Every time you admonish, name call, chastise and vehemently criticize someone else for their posts, their opinions or their attitudes you are in fact declaring that you want them to adopt your own position (whatever the heck that might be). Everybody does it and you ain't no saint. "Forcing" and "enforcing" is merely a matter of what degree you are willing to take it to. You like the idea of a Theocracy? I can see the devil sitting next to me.
I am in fact declaring nothing, except the right to my own personal thoughts and beliefs.

I don't know about you, but I live in a society based upon a Constitutional republic that allows for peoples choice in freedom of religion, and choice in the process of democratic electorial voting.

Do you need a jar of Holy water and a crucifix, to keep that devil in it's place?
Double price for you (you know how that goes, cheeseeater.)

http://www.discountcatholicstore.com/holywate...
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#113371 Sep 19, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Stay on track, YaA. The verse is about revenge. So is Hell and the Lake of Fire.
Such an uncivil, evile thing.

Ugh.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#113372 Sep 19, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
I am in fact declaring nothing, except the right to my own personal thoughts and beliefs.
I don't know about you, but I live in a society based upon a Constitutional republic that allows for peoples choice in freedom of religion, and choice in the process of democratic electorial voting.
Do you need a jar of Holy water and a crucifix, to keep that devil in it's place?
Double price for you (you know how that goes, cheeseeater.)
http://www.discountcatholicstore.com/holywate...
More than half the time it's nearly impossible to decipher what you are declaring in your BabbletisTIC DUHbletalk. The only consistent pattern I see is spiteful arrogance.

"cheeseeater?"

“See how you are?”

Earth

#113373 Sep 19, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Such an uncivil, evile thing.
Ugh.
I agree.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#113374 Sep 19, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree.
So, how should we proceed then?
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#113375 Sep 19, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
More than half the time it's nearly impossible to decipher what you are declaring in your BabbletisTIC DUHbletalk. The only consistent pattern I see is spiteful arrogance.
"cheeseeater?"
Stop harassing and trying to extort and manipulate others, and maybe you'd be able to actually see clearly.

I'll be happy to drag in the legal type folks , if you cannot bring yourself to adhere to some actual ethics, rather than resorting to tacTICS of a gutter-rat.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#113376 Sep 19, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree.
I think people should have individual access to remove the threads posted by sociopathic lunaTICS, that are nothing more than the offensive tacTICS at the level of gutter-rats.

Or the public should have instant access to harassment warrants from law enforcement, including an instant fine against Topics, when TOC agreements are not immediately applied or adhered to.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#113377 Sep 19, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop harassing and trying to extort and manipulate others, and maybe you'd be able to actually see clearly.
I'll be happy to drag in the legal type folks , if you cannot bring yourself to adhere to some actual ethics, rather than resorting to tacTICS of a gutter-rat.
The footers and foundations of the Bible myths are soundly and firmly debunked. No Adam and Eve, no great flood, no walking with dinosaurs, not even a Nazareth in Jesus' time or an original sin for the Christ to BE sacrificed for.

Harass, extort, manipulate?
I don't recall taking the side that a measurable percentage of the population are abominations or that contraceptives and hormone therapies are prohibited by heavenly decree. I have never endorsed the myriad of blue laws that exist throughout the country. I have never supported religious tests for elected officials. I do not believe that corporations (or more relevantly, non-profits) are "people" who deserve extraordinary access to lawmakers.
Yet, you threaten with litigation because I maintain that delusion is a psychological disorder and that many of the loudest fundies are only a Thorazine Shuffle Off to Buffalo away from a padded ballroom? If that's what makes you "happy" (as I suspect it does) it's a free country - as you say?? Have at it, Sista. Go ahead with muzzling the contrary opinion in the glorious names of God and Freedom. Teabaggers... Ya buy 'em books and send 'em to school... but you'll NEVER get them to see what's in a mirror.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#113378 Sep 19, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
The footers and foundations of the Bible myths are soundly and firmly debunked. No Adam and Eve, no great flood, no walking with dinosaurs, not even a Nazareth in Jesus' time or an original sin for the Christ to BE sacrificed for.
Harass, extort, manipulate?
I don't recall taking the side that a measurable percentage of the population are abominations or that contraceptives and hormone therapies are prohibited by heavenly decree. I have never endorsed the myriad of blue laws that exist throughout the country. I have never supported religious tests for elected officials. I do not believe that corporations (or more relevantly, non-profits) are "people" who deserve extraordinary access to lawmakers.
Yet, you threaten with litigation because I maintain that delusion is a psychological disorder and that many of the loudest fundies are only a Thorazine Shuffle Off to Buffalo away from a padded ballroom? If that's what makes you "happy" (as I suspect it does) it's a free country - as you say?? Have at it, Sista. Go ahead with muzzling the contrary opinion in the glorious names of God and Freedom. Teabaggers... Ya buy 'em books and send 'em to school... but you'll NEVER get them to see what's in a mirror.
You wish there were no great floods, no Nazareth, no mitochondrial monikers, or no dinosaurs(REALLY?? REALLY?).

I threaten with litigation because of the dark age IGNORANCE you seemingly wish to pitchforkedly promote.

Because it's BULLCHIT.

And NO one bought me books OR "sent" me to school.

I did that MYSELF.

So quit acting like an exposed JUVENILE, sociopathic, lunaTIC ASS, with a bad case of diarrhea, who just wants to EXPLOIT and manipulate others-because it's WRONG.

And grow (UP) and get some actual REAL ETHICS for a change, will ya plz.

Since: Sep 13

United States of America

#113379 Sep 19, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
I think people should have individual access to remove the threads posted by sociopathic lunaTICS, that are nothing more than the offensive tacTICS at the level of gutter-rats.
Or the public should have instant access to harassment warrants from law enforcement, including an instant fine against Topics, when TOC agreements are not immediately applied or adhered to.

If that were the case, your incoherent babbling a$$ would have been gone long ago!
As for the second part of leveling a fine against Topix...read the fine print, basically, if you can't take the heat stay out of the kitchen, but first, go make me a sammich.

Since: Feb 12

Rancho Cordova, CA

#113380 Sep 19, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullchit.
Especially since "you're" quoting a book that you "hate", hedonist
Hypocrite.
Wow "hedonist" you slander me in public and don't even know me. "You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor" is the ninth of the Ten Commandments.

Why don't you use your registered Topix name Godseyeball that you have done last year or so. Why are you hiding under all these names?

Recommend you should go to a non-denominational Christian church. That may help with your anger and confusion and maybe make some friends.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Whatever happened to the Eye Dr. Gregory? 16 min Hmmm 7
Who do I make complaint to about ER registratio... 36 min Ms Bingham 11
I need yard work done ? 1 hr Boone height 1
Trump campaign 1 hr Harry 11
Who will be the next Knox Co. Judge Exec.? 1 hr Voter 50
Knox county voters support TRUMP ! (Jan '16) 2 hr Wilchec 19
outlaws 6 hr eighty one 18

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance