Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 137918 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Since: Sep 13

United States of America

#113289 Sep 17, 2013
Post your answers again, I must have missed them

United States of America

#113290 Sep 17, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope.
Not much on movies...I'd rather read.
Several book on the matter too!

United States of America

#113291 Sep 17, 2013
books*

United States of America

#113292 Sep 17, 2013
I'm asking you legitimate questions Sista....Are they too difficult for you to answer? If not, then please do so.
SistaNoneYaBusin ess

London, KY

#113293 Sep 17, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
GFY mental case...your ignorance is loathesome.
SistaNoneYaBusin ess

London, KY

#113294 Sep 17, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
Too bad for you then.

United States of America

#113295 Sep 17, 2013
Alright y Then.... those questions musta been too difficult to answer huh?? Sista, you can now fly back to whatever dimension in which you live!

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#113296 Sep 17, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Public forums are not the place to discuss your personal issues Duquette.
Diversion.

Since: Feb 12

Roseville, CA

#113297 Sep 17, 2013
US Tiptoes Towards Theocracy

In difficult times, nations sometimes embrace extreme solutions. In 1494 Florence became a Christian Republic and Savonarola commenced his inquisition. Now America is in turmoil and Republicans offer a radical vision -- Michele Bachmann and Rick Perry. Is the US sliding towards Theocracy?

In 1494, Florence, Italy, was in economic and social turmoil. Catholic Priest Girolamo Savonarola declared Florence a Christian Republic and formed a Theocracy. Claiming to receive direction from God, Savonarola preached about the Last Days, and sparked a moral "purification" campaign. Homosexuals and liberal thinkers were killed, thousands of books were burned, and gangs ravaged Florence looking for indications of moral laxity, resulting in the notorious Bonfire of the Vanities.

http://www.topix.com/forum/state/ky/TEQBSM980...

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#113298 Sep 17, 2013
Overloaders wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you have to resort to lying as well?
How many times have I said, I do NOT like alot of parts of the OT (for Obvious reasons!)
I have seen absolutely zero posts by "Overloaders".

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#113299 Sep 17, 2013
Overloaders wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you have to resort to lying as well?
How many times have I said, I do NOT like alot of parts of the OT (for Obvious reasons!)
Assuming this is Sista, my post was about the part you liked.

Since: Feb 12

Roseville, CA

#113300 Sep 17, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope.
Not much on movies...I'd rather read.
Romance books you're reading maybe immoral in a Christian theocracy. Your makeup kit could mark you as a immoral person in a theocracy. Too many things to mention here but you should think about how your life will change. Think how a sharia Christian government would be like.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#113301 Sep 17, 2013
tema wrote:
<quoted text>
Let us stick to the subject of Deuteronomy and not muddy the waters
with issues that do not pertain to what is written in Deuteronomy.
Deuteronomy has nothing to do with 9/11.
Those who were killed for worshipping the golden calf violated their agreement to Worship only the true God and serve him only.
Instead , in spite of the warnings not to do so , they made a graven image and worshipped it as if it was god.
They had been warned that such actions would be detrimental to the community at large.
When confronted by Moses , they were given the opportunity to recant.
Some did not. By choosing not to stand with GOD , THEY CHOOSE THE GOLDEN CALF.
You , as an unbeliever , fail to grasp the serious consecuences of that mistake...Moses did not..
That cancer had to be removed and it was.
I wonder if Hitler gave the Jews a chance to recant and take a vow to god.
The warnings of dictators threatening to slay the non believers is the most immoral thing I can think of. No god killed these people, men did. No god did anything. A moral god would have stopped the tyrannical dictator Moses from ordering mass murder.

United States of America

#113302 Sep 17, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
NOPE. WRONG in ASSuming again.
Hasn't any one ever told you, in COMMON SENSE, LOGICAL people NEVER assume anything?
1. I'm an Independent voter-I base my opinions on SUBSTANCE, such as ideals, character, ethics, integrity and the likes of such.
I could care LESS about ANY mindless label DUHM labels of anything.
2. For the UMPTEENTH time, I do NOT base my ideals, thoughts or anything else on any unsensible anything-I base them on on LOGIC, from MANY sources.
And
3. YES, I do Believe that a man named JESUS walked this Earth...even if the scientific genetic codes that reach as far back as science has been able to determine, cannot provide a SOLID theory for the extensional origins of human kind as we know it.
Waiting for apologies.(because you sure have an ever growing list of WRONGs right about now.)
umm, Okay, Good to know your Political stance...,(Not that anyone asked your opinion of) Now can we get back to the biblical arena; so that you can answer all the mounding questions addressed to you.

You made a comment about not liking certain parts of the OT, my point was, you can't pick and choose which parts to [accept] and which to [delete] out of your everyday life.

Most people, for instance, when they don't agree with something, they don't follow it, they refuse to adhere to it, and in doing so, ends up rejecting the notion all together. So therefore, Either you are a believer or you're not, you can't make up the rules as you go along sista. Unless of course, you want to cut-n-paste your own bible,{much like Thomas Jefferson did} to suite your own needs and theories.

United States of America

#113303 Sep 17, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm done reading your pathetic tripe duquette.
Anyone that can do nothing but criticize an old women who served the poor, has some serious issues.
But flunky on out dude, may you ego be fluffed and be filled with what you reap of your own doing...and may your hatefulness and vileness return to you tenfold.
'Cause the Jesus that I ponder still gonna exist for the BETTER anyway, no matter how much hate losers like you try and spread.
It's funny that you use the word {ponder} here instead of, hum I dunno, maybe perhaps something like....Cause the Jusus that I serve still gonna exist for the BETTER....yada, yada, yada.
My definition of Ponder is...basically to question, or mull over something...you are not sure of the formula, so you ponder the solution.
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#113304 Sep 18, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
"The Bible itself says it is from God, mankindís Creator"
And every used car salesman will tell you that he's got the best deals in town.
Get some common sense.
Hahahaha!
You compare the Bible with a used car dealer???
And yet, a used car dealer is more trustworthy than your POTUS!
Interesting!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#113305 Sep 18, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
Good day to you all...:-)
Love it!
Wish a "Good day" to people, and the true Hater puts bad Judge-its
on it!
Can we say "Hypocrite" ????
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#113306 Sep 18, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
BINGO
(ah knew that YaA lol)
The really cool thing of it all is-
Jesus (and the examples of) let's those of us who choose to-LOVE, love the sinners, the imperfect, the confused and even hot air wind bag wankers like Duquette--because of REAL grace!!
Amen!
Amen!

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#113307 Sep 18, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Hahahaha!
You compare the Bible with a used car dealer???
And yet, a used car dealer is more trustworthy than your POTUS!
Interesting!
Shrug. Caveat emptor. Recycled cars, recycled stories. The car dealer, the Babble, the politician and Faux News will all tell you they speak "God's own truth." Some of us are skeptical enough to know better in all four cases, and some of you will buy a '74 Yugo because it's got a fish on the trunk.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#113309 Sep 18, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Duquette flunk out of that area too? Don't feel alone, it IS a rare trait these days Duquette.
If common sense is rare, then how is it common? Do you even thing about the slogans you repeat?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
divorce lawyer 1 hr over it 1
tess fisher (Nov '10) 2 hr gim 5
Thompson park splash pad OPEN !!! 3 hr T gray 11
Scotty Powell selling pot wide open !!!!! 3 hr Whistle blower 3
AMAZING Knox Co. Video. 3 hr guillible 1
Anna Gail Collins 8 hr for sure 5
Anybody know David Allen smith? (Jul '13) 9 hr Love is in the air 25
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE