Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 149510 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#113341 Sep 18, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
transitive verb
: to weigh in the mind : appraise <pondered their chances of success>
: to think about : reflect on <pondered the events of the day>
intransitive verb
: to think or consider especially quietly, soberly, and deeply
— pon·der·er noun
See ponder defined for English-language learners »
See ponder defined for kids »
Examples of PONDER
He pondered the question before he answered.
The team pondered their chances of success.
We pondered whether we could afford the trip.
Origin of PONDER
Middle English, from Middle French ponderer, from Latin ponderare to weigh, ponder, from ponder-, pondus weight — more at pendant
First Known Use: 14th century
Related to PONDER
Synonyms: chew over, cogitate, consider, contemplate, debate, deliberate, entertain, eye, kick around, meditate, mull (over), perpend, pore (over), question, revolve, ruminate, study, think (about or over), turn, weigh, wrestle (with), beat one's brains out (about), chew on, cudgel one's brains (about), look at
Why are you re-copying what was obviously ALREADY viewed?
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#113342 Sep 18, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
transitive verb
sin
&#8194; Use Sin in a sentence
sin
1 [sin] Show IPA noun, verb, sinned, sin·ning.
noun
transgression of divine law: the sin of Adam.
any act regarded as such a transgression, especially a willful or deliberate violation of some religious or moral principle.
any reprehensible or regrettable action, behavior, lapse, etc.; great fault or offense: It's a sin to waste time.
verb (used without object)
to commit a sinful act.
to offend against a principle, standard, etc.
Relevant Questions
What Is Sin?
What Is Social Sin?
What Are Sins?
Why Is It A Sin To Kill ...
verb (used with object)
to commit or perform sinfully: He sinned his crimes without compunction.
to bring, drive, etc., by sinning: He sinned his soul to perdition.
Origin:
before 900; (noun) Middle English; Old English syn ( n ) offense, misdeed; akin to German Sünde, Old Norse synd sin, Latin s&#333;ns guilty; (v.) derivative of the noun, replacing Middle English sin ( i ) gen, syn ( i ) gen, Old English syngian, itself derivative of the noun

Related forms
sin·like, adjective
sin·ning·ly, adverb
sin·ning·ness, noun
un·sin·ning, adjective

Synonyms
1. trespass, violation. 2. wrong, wickedness. 4. transgress, trespass.
Explore the Visual Thesaurus »
Related Words for : sin
transgress, trespass, sinfulness, wickedness, sinning
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#113343 Sep 18, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
transitive verb
intransitive verb
— pon·der·er noun
Examples of PONDER
Origin of PONDER
Middle English, from Middle French ponderer, from Latin ponderare to weigh, ponder, from ponder-, pondus weight — more at pendant
Related to PONDER
Synonyms: chew over, cogitate, consider, contemplate, debate, deliberate, entertain, eye, kick around, meditate, mull (over), perpend, pore (over), question, revolve, ruminate, study, think (about or over), turn, weigh, wrestle (with), beat one's brains out (about), chew on, cudgel one's brains (about), look at
Sin.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#113344 Sep 18, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
transitive verb
intransitive verb
— pon·der·er noun
Examples of PONDER
Origin of PONDER
Related to PONDER
mor·al
[mawr-uhl, mor-] Show IPA
adjective
of, pertaining to, or concerned with the principles or rules of right conduct or the distinction between right and wrong; ethical: moral attitudes.
expressing or conveying truths or counsel as to right conduct, as a speaker or a literary work.
founded on the fundamental principles of right conduct rather than on legalities, enactment, or custom: moral obligations.
capable of conforming to the rules of right conduct: a moral being.
conforming to the rules of right conduct (opposed to immoral ): a moral man.

Since: Sep 13

United States of America

#113345 Sep 18, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:

<quoted text>
I'm done reading your pathetic tripe duquette.
Anyone that can do nothing but criticize an old women who served the poor, has some serious issues.
But flunky on out dude, may you ego be fluffed and be filled with what you reap of your own doing...and may your hatefulness and vileness return to you tenfold.
'Cause the Jesus that I ponder still gonna exist for the BETTER anyway, no matter how much hate losers like you try and spread.

The first definition and post popular is : To weigh in the mind, to think about or consider {something} carefully.

I see you omitted some of the words in the definition to suit your own needs here.

United States of America

#113346 Sep 18, 2013
Sista, you don't even understand the concept of your own comments, then are quick to call other's interpretation wrong... As I said, if I interpreted it wrong, and I don't think I did, then I apologize, but you've yet to show me that I was wrong..... All I'm saying is why would one use the word {ponder} when trying to enforce their belief in a Deity, when other words would suite the passage w/out implementing any doubt!
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#113347 Sep 18, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm done reading your pathetic tripe duquette.
Anyone that can do nothing but criticize an old women who served the poor, has some serious issues.
But flunky on out dude, may you ego be fluffed and be filled with what you reap of your own doing...and may your hatefulness and vileness return to you tenfold.
'Cause the Jesus that I ponder still gonna exist for the BETTER anyway, no matter how much hate losers like you try and spread.
The first definition and post popular is : To weigh in the mind, to think about or consider {something} carefully.
I see you omitted some of the words in the definition to suit your own needs here.
Because of different interpretations. Not ALL meanings of a word apply to the context they might be presented in.

And in that instance, the first certainly did NOT.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#113348 Sep 18, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
Sista, you don't even understand the concept of your own comments, then are quick to call other's interpretation wrong... As I said, if I interpreted it wrong, and I don't think I did, then I apologize, but you've yet to show me that I was wrong..... All I'm saying is why would one use the word {ponder} when trying to enforce their belief in a Deity, when other words would suite the passage w/out implementing any doubt!
The Jesus "I ponder".....
as in...

1. to weigh in the mind :
2.to think about : reflect on

intransitive verb
:To think or consider especially quietly, soberly, and deeply

You were wrong again.

You really might want to stop throwing stones at others, and harassing people for having different perceptions and believing differently.

Because that is just reality.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#113349 Sep 18, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
As in pondering my OWN personal thoughts-NOT "forcing" or trying to "enforce" them on anyone else...because that type of stuff, is just ignorant.

United States of America

#113350 Sep 18, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:

SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
As in pondering my OWN personal thoughts-NOT "forcing" or trying to "enforce" them on anyone else...because that type of stuff, is just ignorant.
Show me in one single post where I said you were forcing your beliefs on anyone or anything else.
My whole point was .... when YOU used the word {ponder} some might think YOU were not 100% sure YOURSELF...of YOUR PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP you have with your Deity!

You have admitted before that You do not know when I asked you if you believe in heaven and hell , god and jesus So that is the reason I questioned your use of the word Ponder when you used it, instead of other words that would have given a much more precise and clear statement.

United States of America

#113351 Sep 18, 2013
I can say for myself that when I use the word {ponder} in any sentence, I am using that word to mean {question} as it is the most popular of all the meanings of that word- meaning it is used more often than the other definitions...Thus why I questioned your use of it in your comment!

So you have no question of your faith in jesus and the bible?

United States of America

#113352 Sep 18, 2013
I believe anyone that is following this thread would agree with me in saying that when you used that word, they too would see it as you questioning your belief, especially with your recent posts of not agreeing with the OT, not knowing if there is a heaven or hell, and of course your comment of different levels of dimension.

Since: Feb 12

Rancho Cordova, CA

#113353 Sep 18, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you can share that interpreter with other stuck in it's own ignoranance.
1.I do not have a makeup "kit". People do not need a "kit" to have make-up.
2.I do not like stupid, fictional romance books, finding other categories of reading material FAR more worthwhile, and far more interesting.
3. I CAN however, cuss like a sailor, in more than one language.
4. The bible is not a book I would even considering referencing for salaciousness, and I would not need YaA or anyone else to "tell me" anything, as I read VERY well for myself....
Unlike SOME on here, that seem to need everything DUHMed down to remedial levels and explained to them, because it is outside their little narrow boxes of incomprehension to start with.
1. Some do.

2. The bible is fictional and your still reading it as fact.

3. Cussing is not becoming of a lady I might add in any language.

4. O.K. Are you familiar with this verse?

Song of Solomon 2:3

“Like an apple tree among the trees of the forest,

So is my beloved among the young men.

In his shade I took great delight and sat down,

And his fruit was sweet to my taste. "
stop corporate welfair

Wooton, KY

#113354 Sep 18, 2013
the school system needs over hole ..

United States of America

#113355 Sep 18, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
The Jesus "I ponder".....
as in...
1. to weigh in the mind :
2.to think about : reflect on
intransitive verb
:To think or consider especially quietly, soberly, and deeply
You were wrong again.
You really might want to stop throwing stones at others, and harassing people for having different perceptions and believing differently.
Because that is just reality.
Yes, I can safely say w/out question that you've misused words and their meanings incorrectly in the past and been called out on it, there is no difference here.
You just don't want to admit it. Let me say this... Ponder, To Think About, To consider-- all have one thing in common, they all share one meaning and that is ..... to question / to decide.
I really don't care what you believe, I'm just trying to get a "fix" as to what that belief might be because you flip-flop so much it's really hard to tell.
idk

Elkhorn City, KY

#113356 Sep 19, 2013
tema wrote:
<quoted text>
I have not been tricked by anyone.
What I have been ,is, convinced that Atheists have done very little to advance the well being of the poor , less fortunate and for humanity in general.
Their inaction and lack of contributions speak for themselves.
What contributions have they made?
To whom do Atheists turn in their moment of need?
Not to Madylin O'Hair or Richard Dawkins.
Now , they want to adopt Mother Theresa as one of their own.
When and where did she claim to be an Atheist?
You are looking to reap where you have not sown.
According to studies ,Atheists attend Church in order to belong to support groups which they are unable to find within the Atheist community.
They want their children to be taught morals based on the teachings of Christianity.
By doing so , they invalidate the belief among some Atheists that God is not needed in order to lead a moral life.
And I can go on and on......
what studies? link some references to the studies and the ppl who did the study or it is all just made up church talk that u all do every sunday in the pat your own back fashion that the church loves to do.
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

#113357 Sep 19, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! Would you care to point out where in my post that I am incorrect?
I thought not....
Keep your eyes closed and fingers firmly planted in your ears, Yaa.
You know it's the only way to "keep the faith."
"Gods are fragile things. They can be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense." Chapman Cohen
Yes! Yes I can!
Your Poem is from a purebred Atheist!
"Lord, my God, who am I that You should forsake me?"
IF he has truly made the Lord, HIS God...
He'd KNOW he was not forsaken!
The song "All is well with my soul" was written by a "Christian" that lost his WHOLE family
in a ship sinking in the Atlantic!
Yes! He was troubled by that, but sailing back over the site of the sinking, he asked the captain to stop over the site to say a prayer, and at the end of his reflection...
All was well with his soul! He lost no faith, but gained more!
...some Christians lead amoral lives since they can always just tell Yahweh they are really sorry and think themselves forgiven!
People who truly know what Christ did for us, are not perfect, but would rather cut a body part
off, than offend He who suffered, and died for us! It'd be like you hitting your mother!
"There is no "god" necessary for the teaching of "don't lie, cheat, kill, or steal."
IF we were as the Evilutionists teach... just animals,
The survival of the fittest would be a blood bath!
Oh wait... 56,000,000 babies killed by your philosophy is a blood bath!
Look... you spent a lot of your last days debating (if you can call it that) God's existence...
I think your time would be better spent seeking the God you deny, or knitting!
God is real... He SAVED me, and ALL is well with my Soul!
Other gods might be killed off, as they are fake, mine never will!
Good day to you :-)
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

#113358 Sep 19, 2013
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
The Seventh Day Adventist,Jehovah's Witnesses say you're going to Gehenna for your blasphemies. They regard you as a false watchman of God. Lying about expelling demons read on. Is bible is talking about you?
Matthew 7:21-23
21 “Not everyone who says to Me,‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day,‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them,‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’
You might point that verse "Matthew 7:21-23" towards...
"The Gay church"
They "practice lawlessness", and still "THINK" they are Christians...
Satan has been busy!

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#113359 Sep 19, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Not everything is as advertised!
Truth has a ring, that the hard hearted/headed has trouble hearing!
See...
God is real... no matter what you think!
Just as Black, and white, Good, and evil...
You can only deny, but cannot in truth speak!
I can in truth, speak and I also speak the truth.
"Not everything is as advertised!"
BINGO!(and that goes for the voices in your head, too.)
Don't believe everything you think because it feels good.
God might be real, but the stories you are told on Sunday morning have little to do with "Him."
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

#113360 Sep 19, 2013
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
God is joyful about killing all those innocent babies. You are proud of all the righteous killings you claimed God did for your warped christian mind.
Psalm 137:8-9
O daughter of Babylon, you devastated one, How blessed will be the one who repays you With the recompense with which you have repaid us. How blessed will be the one who seizes and dashes your little ones Against the rock.
Hahahahaha!
You are pitiful!
You still have NO clue of what that verse means... after all this time!

Lets work from another direction...
Where do YOU want your soul to go... When you die?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Angie mills Clark 1 hr Funny 3
Drugs 4 hr Flatlick 14
What's best place to get front end alignment? (Mar '13) 4 hr Stanly 22
There's a lot of "Little Caesars" type women in... 8 hr Jack 2
Larry mills 8 hr Nasty man 3
all dads 8 hr Rumpleforskin 7
Judge hall supports Kilgore 25e sign 8 hr Jim 8
Wreck!! 13 hr Looker 6
Who hung them self in town? Thu Justin 9

Barbourville Jobs