Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 161249 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#113332 Sep 18, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Did you change your name curious?
So you're convinced us atheists just
Don't help others like believers do? We who convinced you? You post propaganda here all the time, so I can see where you get your beliefs. And I say you have been tricked. It is an age old tactic of religion and politics.
Do not try to drag me into your name changing nonsensical arguments.
I have better things to do.

My opinion is that nonbelievers do not have the capacity and do not share a common belief that would allow them to work as a group
in order to help their fellow man.
I believe that is obvious by the facr that many in your religion
seek companionship by attending Christian services where they have a sense of belonging.
They know that within the Christian Community they have a support group they can call on on in times of need.
Those support groups are based on Christian Principles.
Atheists have no such Principles on which support groups could rally around.
Unbelievers rallying cry consists of the false assumption that there is no God and that is all you can offer them.
That false rallying cry is not conducive to having an effective Faith based group to deal with problems that we all have to deal with on a daily basis.

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#113333 Sep 18, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
You should get out more often. You are not familiar with her diaries and the books that have been published since her death. Let me help.
"Lord, my God, who am I that You should forsake me? The Child of your Love — and now become as the most hated one — the one — You have thrown away as unwanted — unloved. I call, I cling, I want — and there is no One to answer — no One on Whom I can cling — no, No One.— Alone ... Where is my Faith — even deep down right in there is nothing, but emptiness & darkness — My God — how painful is this unknown pain — I have no Faith — I dare not utter the words & thoughts that crowd in my heart — & make me suffer untold agony.
So many unanswered questions live within me afraid to uncover them — because of the blasphemy — If there be God — please forgive me — When I try to raise my thoughts to Heaven — there is such convicting emptiness that those very thoughts return like sharp knives & hurt my very soul.— I am told God loves me — and yet the reality of darkness & coldness & emptiness is so great that nothing touches my soul. Did I make a mistake in surrendering blindly to the Call of the Sacred Heart?"
— addressed to Jesus, at the suggestion of a confessor, undated
Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/222107/...
<quoted text>
So...some Christians lead amoral lives since they can always just tell Yahweh they are really sorry and think themselves forgiven.
Do the actions of "some" invalidate the actions of the many?
If so, by your reasoning, all Christians are amoral.
Do you see how ridiculous you are?
There is no "god" necessary for the teaching of "don't lie, cheat, kill, or steal."
The so called Golden Rule predates the babble and is perhaps the best moral lesson ever stated.
<quoted text>
You could, and probably will, and it will mean just as little.
The content of what you have posted confirms your inability to grasp what it means to be a Christian.
The faith of all Christians will be tested whether it be Job , Solomon , The Apostles of Christ Jesus himself.
However , God will not test us beyond what we can endure.
Christ himself said , My God ,My God why have you forsaken me and just before dying exlaimed , into thy hand I commend my spirit.
Interestingly , in one of her letters Mother Theresa wrote;
Please destroy any letters or anything I have written.
— to Picachy, April 1959

"I want the work to remain only His." If the letters became public, she explained to Picachy, "people will think more of me — less of Jesus."
That does not sound like the words of an Atheist.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#113334 Sep 18, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>Laughing... I'm just saying that there were a thousand other words to use in that sentence to enforce your beliefs in a deity and you settle on {ponder}, it just struck me as peculiar, that's all I'm saying.
By using the word {ponder} in that sentence, It gave me the indication that you were not 100% sure of the statement you were posting.
If I interpreted it wrong, then I apologize.
Can you post a single comment w/out the half capitalized words and name calling streamed throughout it?
If anyone were implying anything meant to "enforce" beliefs, why would they even use the word "ponder"?

1. to think about : reflect on <pondered the events of the day>
intransitive verb
2. to think or consider especially quietly, soberly, and deeply .

Perhaps You need an interpreter, to interpret for You, at a more remedial level.

Since: Sep 13

United States of America

#113335 Sep 18, 2013
tema wrote:
<quoted text>
Do not try to drag me into your name changing nonsensical arguments.
I have better things to do.
My opinion is that nonbelievers do not have the capacity and do not share a common belief that would allow them to work as a group
in order to help their fellow man.
I believe that is obvious by the facr that many in your religion
seek companionship by attending Christian services where they have a sense of belonging.
They know that within the Christian Community they have a support group they can call on on in times of need.
Those support groups are based on Christian Principles.
Atheists have no such Principles on which support groups could rally around.
Unbelievers rallying cry consists of the false assumption that there is no God and that is all you can offer them.
That false rallying cry is not conducive to having an effective Faith based group to deal with problems that we all have to deal with on a daily basis.
What facts? I've not seen any facts to support your claims that Atheist seek to belong to a group, even if that group is Christian community. That makes about as much sense as wiping before you poop. If you wanna believe that to make yourself feel better about your belief in some cult, then so be it, but stop posting nonsense

Since: Feb 12

Rancho Cordova, CA

#113336 Sep 18, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>I think the storm, AND the Fire says a LOT about that!
God's wrath comes in many forms...
Colorado???
Hey... Live as y'all want today, y'all gonna die tomorrow!
God is joyful about killing all those innocent babies. You are proud of all the righteous killings you claimed God did for your warped christian mind.

Psalm 137:8-9

O daughter of Babylon, you devastated one, How blessed will be the one who repays you With the recompense with which you have repaid us. How blessed will be the one who seizes and dashes your little ones Against the rock.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#113337 Sep 18, 2013
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
The way you respond I don't think you are a female at all but a imposter from the beginning. Now you have built yourself into a box on this thread. Don't wear make up or read romance books. Cuss like a sailor. Oh well "Huck", yaa will have your back no pun intended.
Yaa can tell you where all the salacious romance parts of the bible are so you will not have to read them and tempt yourself into doing something immoral.
Maybe you can share that interpreter with other stuck in it's own ignoranance.

1.I do not have a makeup "kit". People do not need a "kit" to have make-up.
2.I do not like stupid, fictional romance books, finding other categories of reading material FAR more worthwhile, and far more interesting.
3. I CAN however, cuss like a sailor, in more than one language.
4. The bible is not a book I would even considering referencing for salaciousness, and I would not need YaA or anyone else to "tell me" anything, as I read VERY well for myself....
Unlike SOME on here, that seem to need everything DUHMed down to remedial levels and explained to them, because it is outside their little narrow boxes of incomprehension to start with.

United States of America

#113338 Sep 18, 2013
transitive verb

: to weigh in the mind : appraise <pondered their chances of success>

: to think about : reflect on <pondered the events of the day>

intransitive verb

: to think or consider especially quietly, soberly, and deeply

— pon·der·er noun

See ponder defined for English-language learners »

See ponder defined for kids »

Examples of PONDER

He pondered the question before he answered.
The team pondered their chances of success.
We pondered whether we could afford the trip.

Origin of PONDER

Middle English, from Middle French ponderer, from Latin ponderare to weigh, ponder, from ponder-, pondus weight — more at pendant
First Known Use: 14th century

Related to PONDER

Synonyms: chew over, cogitate, consider, contemplate, debate, deliberate, entertain, eye, kick around, meditate, mull (over), perpend, pore (over), question, revolve, ruminate, study, think (about or over), turn, weigh, wrestle (with), beat one's brains out (about), chew on, cudgel one's brains (about), look at
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#113340 Sep 18, 2013
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
God is joyful about killing all those innocent babies. You are proud of all the righteous killings you claimed God did for your warped christian mind.
Psalm 137:8-9
O daughter of Babylon, you devastated one, How blessed will be the one who repays you With the recompense with which you have repaid us. How blessed will be the one who seizes and dashes your little ones Against the rock.
Just goes to show how IMPERFECT humanity has Always been...and why it is truly blessed by salvation (for those who choose such) rather than living mired in just more depravity.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#113341 Sep 18, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
transitive verb
intransitive verb
— pon·der·er noun
Examples of PONDER
Origin of PONDER
Middle English, from Middle French ponderer, from Latin ponderare to weigh, ponder, from ponder-, pondus weight — more at pendant
Related to PONDER
Synonyms: chew over, cogitate, consider, contemplate, debate, deliberate, entertain, eye, kick around, meditate, mull (over), perpend, pore (over), question, revolve, ruminate, study, think (about or over), turn, weigh, wrestle (with), beat one's brains out (about), chew on, cudgel one's brains (about), look at
Why are you re-copying what was obviously ALREADY viewed?
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#113342 Sep 18, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
transitive verb
sin
&#8194; Use Sin in a sentence
sin
1 [sin] Show IPA noun, verb, sinned, sin·ning.
noun
transgression of divine law: the sin of Adam.
any act regarded as such a transgression, especially a willful or deliberate violation of some religious or moral principle.
any reprehensible or regrettable action, behavior, lapse, etc.; great fault or offense: It's a sin to waste time.
verb (used without object)
to commit a sinful act.
to offend against a principle, standard, etc.
Relevant Questions
What Is Sin?
What Is Social Sin?
What Are Sins?
Why Is It A Sin To Kill ...
verb (used with object)
to commit or perform sinfully: He sinned his crimes without compunction.
to bring, drive, etc., by sinning: He sinned his soul to perdition.
Origin:
before 900; (noun) Middle English; Old English syn ( n ) offense, misdeed; akin to German Sünde, Old Norse synd sin, Latin s&#333;ns guilty; (v.) derivative of the noun, replacing Middle English sin ( i ) gen, syn ( i ) gen, Old English syngian, itself derivative of the noun

Related forms
sin·like, adjective
sin·ning·ly, adverb
sin·ning·ness, noun
un·sin·ning, adjective

Synonyms
1. trespass, violation. 2. wrong, wickedness. 4. transgress, trespass.
Explore the Visual Thesaurus »
Related Words for : sin
transgress, trespass, sinfulness, wickedness, sinning
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#113343 Sep 18, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
transitive verb
intransitive verb
— pon·der·er noun
Examples of PONDER
Origin of PONDER
Related to PONDER
Sin.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#113344 Sep 18, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
transitive verb
intransitive verb
— pon·der·er noun
Examples of PONDER
Origin of PONDER
Related to PONDER
mor·al
[mawr-uhl, mor-] Show IPA
adjective
of, pertaining to, or concerned with the principles or rules of right conduct or the distinction between right and wrong; ethical: moral attitudes.
expressing or conveying truths or counsel as to right conduct, as a speaker or a literary work.
founded on the fundamental principles of right conduct rather than on legalities, enactment, or custom: moral obligations.
capable of conforming to the rules of right conduct: a moral being.
conforming to the rules of right conduct (opposed to immoral ): a moral man.

United States of America

#113345 Sep 18, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:

<quoted text>
I'm done reading your pathetic tripe duquette.
Anyone that can do nothing but criticize an old women who served the poor, has some serious issues.
But flunky on out dude, may you ego be fluffed and be filled with what you reap of your own doing...and may your hatefulness and vileness return to you tenfold.
'Cause the Jesus that I ponder still gonna exist for the BETTER anyway, no matter how much hate losers like you try and spread.

The first definition and post popular is : To weigh in the mind, to think about or consider {something} carefully.

I see you omitted some of the words in the definition to suit your own needs here.

United States of America

#113346 Sep 18, 2013
Sista, you don't even understand the concept of your own comments, then are quick to call other's interpretation wrong... As I said, if I interpreted it wrong, and I don't think I did, then I apologize, but you've yet to show me that I was wrong..... All I'm saying is why would one use the word {ponder} when trying to enforce their belief in a Deity, when other words would suite the passage w/out implementing any doubt!
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#113347 Sep 18, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm done reading your pathetic tripe duquette.
Anyone that can do nothing but criticize an old women who served the poor, has some serious issues.
But flunky on out dude, may you ego be fluffed and be filled with what you reap of your own doing...and may your hatefulness and vileness return to you tenfold.
'Cause the Jesus that I ponder still gonna exist for the BETTER anyway, no matter how much hate losers like you try and spread.
The first definition and post popular is : To weigh in the mind, to think about or consider {something} carefully.
I see you omitted some of the words in the definition to suit your own needs here.
Because of different interpretations. Not ALL meanings of a word apply to the context they might be presented in.

And in that instance, the first certainly did NOT.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#113348 Sep 18, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
Sista, you don't even understand the concept of your own comments, then are quick to call other's interpretation wrong... As I said, if I interpreted it wrong, and I don't think I did, then I apologize, but you've yet to show me that I was wrong..... All I'm saying is why would one use the word {ponder} when trying to enforce their belief in a Deity, when other words would suite the passage w/out implementing any doubt!
The Jesus "I ponder".....
as in...

1. to weigh in the mind :
2.to think about : reflect on

intransitive verb
:To think or consider especially quietly, soberly, and deeply

You were wrong again.

You really might want to stop throwing stones at others, and harassing people for having different perceptions and believing differently.

Because that is just reality.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#113349 Sep 18, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
As in pondering my OWN personal thoughts-NOT "forcing" or trying to "enforce" them on anyone else...because that type of stuff, is just ignorant.

United States of America

#113350 Sep 18, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:

SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
As in pondering my OWN personal thoughts-NOT "forcing" or trying to "enforce" them on anyone else...because that type of stuff, is just ignorant.
Show me in one single post where I said you were forcing your beliefs on anyone or anything else.
My whole point was .... when YOU used the word {ponder} some might think YOU were not 100% sure YOURSELF...of YOUR PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP you have with your Deity!

You have admitted before that You do not know when I asked you if you believe in heaven and hell , god and jesus So that is the reason I questioned your use of the word Ponder when you used it, instead of other words that would have given a much more precise and clear statement.

United States of America

#113351 Sep 18, 2013
I can say for myself that when I use the word {ponder} in any sentence, I am using that word to mean {question} as it is the most popular of all the meanings of that word- meaning it is used more often than the other definitions...Thus why I questioned your use of it in your comment!

So you have no question of your faith in jesus and the bible?

United States of America

#113352 Sep 18, 2013
I believe anyone that is following this thread would agree with me in saying that when you used that word, they too would see it as you questioning your belief, especially with your recent posts of not agreeing with the OT, not knowing if there is a heaven or hell, and of course your comment of different levels of dimension.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sprinkles firing 30 teachers but keeps making j... 15 min knows 19
Forcht bank closing?? 37 min Boo 7
Looking For A Big Beautiful Woman 45 min Feeder 40
Sheila 46 min Work and draws a ... 4
do gauges hurt 53 min Funny again 6
I am the true Alpha Male. 2 hr URomega 2
Kristian 4 hr coldhardtruth 2

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance