Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments (Page 5,398)

Showing posts 107,941 - 107,960 of128,042
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
idk

Elkhorn City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists cannot sin against the Holy Spirit, only believers. If you are lying to promote your religion or just a idiot who believes and expects us to believe you without testing your evidence and your claims you are fool.
If you believe and had faith the size of a mustard seed you could perform a miracle which I and others could witness, test and verify.
Note: Scientist have aready perform things that could be believed as miracles and they are not. So don't say that scientific breakthroughs are miracles.
So put up or shut up.
i dont believe in miracles, just as i dont believe in god. not once did i say i did. way to jump to a conclusion, i bet u thought u were really puttin me in my place huh? lol

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible in an inanimate book.
If you really don't care what anyone worships, why are you repeating your mere opinion of it? Are you trying to demand others see things as you see them?
The Bible is an inanimate book.
The bible is an inanimate book.
Anything else beyond that, is mere opinion of reader perspective.
Got it?
(and until you get THAT, there is no basis for intellectual discussion).
Not sure what your point about the bible being inanimate is about? Care to actually say instead of expecting mind reading?

"Untill I get that"? Are you demanding I see things as you see them?

First, hypocritical as always. Second, I get the book is inanimate. Now care to make a point?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

havent forgotten wrote:
on anothr matter - please see my comments on Syria - in favor of the new peace attempt - and let me know your opinion on tht. curious whether we agree. thanks.<quoted text>
Maybe repost it. I went a few pages back and did not see it.
Fair

Virgie, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Judged:

Lol at God writing the Bible. The Bible was written by men. It says so itself. Those men who wrote it do claim devine inspiration, and they believed God guided them -or we believe that to be so.

Ifvthe bible is taught in schools then so be the holy koran and every othet religious text. Fair is fair.

Since: Feb 12

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Judged:

Tea Party lady: Ted Cruz is eligible because “Canada is not really foreign soil”
August 23, 2013
By Anomaly

Ted Cruz’s eligibility for a presidential run has come under scrutiny. Now watch the hypocrisy here:

In 2008, Republican voter Christina Katok of Walden said she believed Obama was ineligible for the job because he was born in Kenya and therefore wasn’t a “natural born” American, even though there is ample proof to the contrary.

But she feels that Ted Cruz is eligible because “Canada is not really foreign soil.” Except that it is. It always has been.

http://freakoutnation.com/2013/08/23/tea-part...

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Murder is an unjust killing. Now do you think ordering people kill due to them try to sway you from your god is just? The Christians here seem to think this is a moral thing to do. Reminds me of the Jihadist's. Probably because it is exactly like the jihadist's.
Deuteronomy 13 6-10. The supposed god is ordering the people to murdere. Well it is murder in my eyes, because I see it as unjust.
My argument about the bible is, it teaches immoral practices. This is the perfect example.
Murder is the unjust killing of a person.
You have made the egregious error of assuming murder where none occured.
In my opinion ,your error in reaching the wrong conclusion can be attributed to 1 of 3 reasons.
Either;
1)you did not read all that is included in The Book of Deuteronomy ,
2) You read it and failed to grasp the reasons for the rules and commandments
3)You arbitrarily ignored the facts contained in the Book
That would lead one to conclude that the basis for your allegations are very weak and totally baseless.

God gave explicit instructions as to how those whom He freed from bondage should conduct themselves and what their relationship to Him must be if they were to fare well in the land he gave them.
He put a blessing and a curse before them.
The rules and commandments were given , so that if they adhered to His Commandments all would go well with them.
Everyone was made well aware of the rules and the consecuences for disobedience.
When all these rules and commandments were explained to all the people , they declared AMEN.
All these rules and commandments are enumerated in the Book of Deuteronomy.
To those who believe in God, the rules ,commandments and the punishment applicable for disobedience made sense then and make sense now.
To those who do not believe in God , the rules and commandments do not make sense because they are unable to grasp their importance and significance and the role they play in our relationship with God
Jus me

Westminster, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Judged:

I don't go for that bible stuff. I'd rather get down and personal with my cousin.....beats studying religion any day. Very rewarding too!
SistaNoneYa

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Not sure what your point about the bible being inanimate is about? Care to actually say instead of expecting mind reading?
"Untill I get that"? Are you demanding I see things as you see them?
First, hypocritical as always. Second, I get the book is inanimate. Now care to make a point?
So long as you DON'T say "blah blah blah, pass the vodka" (an inanimate, ignorant clause)...I will think about it. If you DO post something similar, I may curse you...by wishing... a can of V8 to jump up and slap you in the forehead.

Inanimate:
Relating to nouns for nonliving things: belonging to the category of nouns that refer to things and concepts considered to be without life.

(and don't make me repeat myself either).

Since: Feb 12

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Judged:

God's stiff punishment for rape of virgins is 5 bucks? If a guy masturbates it is death. Now I get it.

A loophole in God's law that allows horny men to rape virgins for 5 dollars and stock up on them to avoid mastubating and be sentence to death.

Deuteronomy 22:29

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Judged:

tema wrote:
<quoted text>
In my opinion ,your error in reaching the wrong conclusion can be attributed to 1 of 3 reasons.
Either;
That would lead one to conclude that the basis for your allegations are very weak and totally baseless.
God gave explicit instructions as to how those whom He freed from bondage should conduct themselves and what their relationship to Him must be if they were to fare well in the land he gave them.
The rules and commandments were given , so that if they adhered to His Commandments all would go well with them.
Everyone was made well aware of the rules and the consecuences for disobedience.
When all these rules and commandments were explained to all the people , they declared AMEN.
To those who believe in God, the rules ,commandments and the punishment applicable for disobedience made sense then and make sense now.
To those who do not believe in God , the rules and commandments do not make sense because they are unable to grasp their importance and significance and the role they play in our relationship with God
I understand the tale. I see no mystery here. Seems you guys
Just think it is ok in some circumstances to kill due to religious beliefs or preaching. It is never justified to kill over. And Until you get that, this religious dogma will forever haunt your religion. It is one large reason people are becoming atheist.
Due to 9/11 some introspecting their own beliefs and seeing immoral concepts such as this. It is the sort of dogma that lead to 9/11.
I cannot think of a more direct example that should illustrate the story is of no moral god, and thus likely no god at all.
But please give giving excuses for your gods immoral behavior. It will enlighten someone eventually to the denial needed to have faith.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
So long as you DON'T say "blah blah blah, pass the vodka" (an inanimate, ignorant clause)...I will think about it. If you DO post something similar, I may curse you...by wishing... a can of V8 to jump up and slap you in the forehead.
Inanimate:
Relating to nouns for nonliving things: belonging to the category of nouns that refer to things and concepts considered to be without life.
(and don't make me repeat myself either).
Ok, now would you like to say why this matters?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Judged:

tema wrote:
<quoted text>
Either;
Just attempt to explain why it would be a just killing?
SiserNoneYa

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I understand the tale. I see no mystery here. Seems you guys
Just think it is ok in some circumstances to kill due to religious beliefs or preaching. It is never justified to kill over. And Until you get that, this religious dogma will forever haunt your religion. It is one large reason people are becoming atheist.
Due to 9/11 some introspecting their own beliefs and seeing immoral concepts such as this. It is the sort of dogma that lead to 9/11.
I cannot think of a more direct example that should illustrate the story is of no moral god, and thus likely no god at all.
But please give giving excuses for your gods immoral behavior. It will enlighten someone eventually to the denial needed to have faith.
9/11 was the result of bad people, doing bad things, then manipulating and brainwashing others to "follow" them.

Let's REALLY look at some of the "background" Duquette, and NOT pretend, shall we? Can we do that for a REAL change?

Some recent stuff on al Zawahari, bin_ladens mentor, who at one time was arrested and tortured for his role part in the POLITICAL assassination of Anwar Sadar-
------
Inside the U.S., the FBI monitors approximately 100 individuals with Islamist extremist leanings, who have expressed a desire to commit violence, fund terror groups or otherwise communicate with known terrorists overseas, ABC News reported exclusively this week. That number isn't expected by the U.S. intelligence community to change in the coming years, according to intelligence and law enforcement sources.

Many of those are radicalized in part or motivated by videos, statements and jihadi chatrooms they found online, where al Qaeda's media wing, As Sahab, posts Zawahiri's speeches. But those messages resonate with westerners when they're from young, charismatic leaders like Alabama-reared ex-Shabaab commander Omar Hammami who speak in English -- not Arabic -- which Al Qaeda and its affiliates has increasingly employed in its propaganda, according to analysts.

In his 9/11 anniversary tape -- released the day after the actual anniversary -- Zawahiri urged al Qaeda's followers to "monitor and lie in wait and seize any opportunity to land a large strike on it, even if it takes years of patience for this..
( http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/al-qaeda-leader... )
----
This man (still at the steering helms) was a sage for bin_laden.

Can you/would you, like to define "Qutb" and comprehend Duquette?
I tend to see it as a term that defines a desire to "cloud peoples understandings of God" per say, via means of chaos and anarchy.

I'm going to go out on a limb here, and say it matters not, that I personally might find some versus of the Bible to resonate some truly beautiful passages (amongst all the other many varying types of writings within it).
As in reading such does NOT cloud my perception one iota, of good, bad, moral, immoral, right, wrong etc., as I (as well as many others) have SENSE enough to comprehend the existances of all of the aforementioned character traits.

So even when one removes "religion" from the picture you seemingly wish to paint, we will still witness, all those same character traits in people, in some cases worse perhaps even, for LACK of any true decency then, to base a "norm" of expectations for humanity upon.

What then Duquette? What would you blame it all on then?

Ignorance is no excuse Duquette. Not for terrorism via jihadism, not for political terrorism, not for terrorism of any type, because no matter what way anyone views the word terrorism, it is wrong.

It is wrong and immoral to terrorize others...especially just for the sole sake of self fullfillment, be it religious, political or any other sick, pathetic, deviant and depraved excuse.

DO yo know why it is WRONG Duquette?

Simply stated-

TERRORISM
: the systematic use of terror especially as a means of coercion.

— ter·ror·ist adjective or noun
SiserNoneYa

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

tema wrote:
<quoted text>
Either;
And I would ask of you, exactly what it is you are basing your ideologies upon?

Should others believe in a different realm(s) of "Qutb"(s) would you consider them kafirs, rather than respecting beliefs that might be different?
While I persnally think humanity SHOULD abide by codes of civil decency, ethics, integrity, respect of and for others, and other GOOD qualities-
I find many of the types of "punishments"and behaviors practiced in the ways of the Old Testament, to be very barbaric and brutal, cruel and inhumane, with out any goodness or enlightenment...instead being rather ignorant and animalistic.
SiserNoneYa

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I understand the tale. I see no mystery here. Seems you guys
Now, Let me ask YOU Duquette...what it is that you find so UNjust, or immoral about these verse?
I find them to be quite peaceful, full of TRUTH and GOODness, not hatred and vileness.

1 Corinthians 13
1If I could speak all the languages of earth and of angels, but didn’t love others, I would only be a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. 2If I had the gift of prophecy, and if I understood all of God’s secret plans and possessed all knowledge, and if I had such faith that I could move mountains, but didn’t love others, I would be nothing. 3If I gave everything I have to the poor and even sacrificed my body, I could boast about it;a but if I didn’t love others, I would have gained nothing.

4Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud 5or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. 6It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. 7Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.

8Prophecy and speaking in unknown languagesb and special knowledge will become useless. But love will last forever! Now our knowledge is partial and incomplete, and even the gift of prophecy reveals only part of the whole picture! 1But when the time of perfection comes, these partial things will become useless.

11When I was a child, I spoke and thought and reasoned as a child. But when I grew up, I put away childish things. 12Now we see things imperfectly, like puzzling reflections in a mirror, but then we will see everything with perfect clarity.c All that I know now is partial and incomplete, but then I will know everything completely, just as God now knows me completely.

13Three things will last forever—faith, hope, and love—and the greatest of these is love.
SiserNoneYa

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Ok, now would you like to say why this matters?
Because inanimate books do not harm others directly.

Sick in the head and Warped people however, DO.
overdue 4 justice

Hyden, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

religious literacy wrote:
this could be a good thing for the state of Kentucky - there needs to be some structure around how people teach religion in our schools.
I Totally agree
SiserNoneYa

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
And people do not neccessarily extract such vileness from any one specific "book". Far from it.

Vengeance and hatred are ugly, ugly attributes, and are easily propagated like the poisons of ignorance that they are.
SiserNoneYa

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
Therefor, implementing ANY (and I do mean ANY) sort of "coercive" means to manipulate others-Especially to Terrorize them, is WRONG.

Wrong, wrong, sick in the head, wrong.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

SiserNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Therefor, implementing ANY (and I do mean ANY) sort of "coercive" means to manipulate others-Especially to Terrorize them, is WRONG.
Wrong, wrong, sick in the head, wrong.
You mean like telling little kids that if they don't except jesus as their savior and believe in god they will burn forever in a lake of fire in hell? Is that what you mean by "implementing ANY (and I do mean ANY) sort of "coercive" means to manipulate others-Especially to Terrorize them."

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 107,941 - 107,960 of128,042
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

92 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Becky Abner. N Richard hicks 13 min Richard 6
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 16 min me 144,972
Let's Play Word Association (Nov '08) 1 hr Hatti_Hollerand 3,741
need amos rice number (Feb '12) 1 hr Dallas eubanks 14
Melissa Collett (May '12) 2 hr lol at your face 52
4 sale 2 hr travis 4
KC Basketball Coach 2 hr Go KC 67
patrick baker arrested for donald mills murder 21 hr Butt head 383
•••