Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,920

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#113201 Sep 17, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Bravo. It looks as if you are taking note of my point, or at least part of it. I think the person you respond to cannot differentiate what is moral or not. He blindly accepts what is in the bible and claimed of god is moral, no matter what. And here in lies the problem. If one is told god is condoning the terrorism or bad deed whatever it is, the blind believer is more willing to carry out said bad deed. In the case of 9/11 this propaganda tactic worked well for the Islamic leaders.
If you look at the Christians on this thread, you will see they all blindly believe all of the things attributed to god in the bible are absolutely true and moral. They do not see it as ignorant of animalistic. So if their leader tells them a bad thing to do, what stops them if they think their leader is privy to gods message?
Here is what you do not understand...
We, who know Christ, Knows what our God wants...
We do not listen to a preacher that is spinning his doctrine!
You have to be lead astray early, as in the parable of the sower!
Like those scattered on rocky ground, snatched up be the evil one!
You talk about the morals of the Creator, as you're the judge of Him...
Let's see if you have the Right to Judge anything... shall we?
(1) Have you ever lied?
(2) Have you ever stolen anything?
(3) Have you ever used God's name in vein?
(4) Have you ever hated/murdered someone?
(5) Have you ever lusted over someone, or some thing?
Why don't you go into a courtroom, and tell that judge
he is immoral, the next time you get a speeding ticket, and
you'd look pretty foolish with man!
Imagine how foolish you look Judging the Creator of the universe!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#113202 Sep 17, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>First, I said "a would be killing". The bible is demanding the person and group to kill in Deuteronomy. Now if this was carried out for the reasons Deuteronomy gives, explain how this is a "just reason"?
The bible explains how Moses demanded killing for worshiping a golden calf. Can you explain how this is "just"?
It is just!
See, God took them out of Egypt, out of bondage!
They ALL agreed to follow the Lord, and with every step away
from Egypt... they grumbled, and complained!(I thought you read it?)
They could have went their own way, fresh out of bondage, but...
They made a covenant with the Lord...
It was Moses that saved ALL of them, as the Lord was going to clean house!
In that same book, is the proof of God, but you'd rather pick at the rules, and not see the truth in it!
God told Moses what would happen... it DID happen...
And... if you'd read farther, you'd see... this book is coming to an end!
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#113203 Sep 17, 2013
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
No! Jesus is the one speading misery. See evidence below.
"Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division: For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three. The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law." (Luke 12:51-53)
Nope-people do that jut fine all on their own.

Need proof?

Many of those types have NEVER read a Bible.

So sorry-that kicks your duhm blame it awrl on anything whateva just never take responsibility typec rap--right into the trashcan of nothing but just more Ignorance.

And youz certainly can Own THAT-cause it sure seem to be you stuh-aisle, LoserTic!
ThugsnHaterssuck

London, KY

#113204 Sep 17, 2013
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
God is man of war.
The Lord admits he is a man. This may explain some of the beliefs of Mormons.
The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name." (Exodus 15:3)
Might explain the current admin of thug type poliTics in DC oozing hate out everywhere these days as well.

The violence Barbarians and gangbangers.

Dem type gotter go--duh sooner duh better.
Hurry 2016!
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#113205 Sep 17, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>And who is to say it was not you who was duped by propaganda about Mother Theresa? She was treated like royalty, far from whatever supposed vow of poverty you heard about.
And who says her efforts really helped? If people are starving, telling the pregnancy prevention is sinful is the opposite of helping.
Millions die yearly due to aids, and condom use has been forbidden by the church and this has caused these gullible people to have the epidemic unchecked in these remote areas of Africa.
I cannot praise spreading of ignorant superstitions that cause more harm than they try to prevent.
And again you switch from white to black.
I'm done reading your pathetic tripe duquette.

Anyone that can do nothing but criticize an old women who served the poor, has some serious issues.

But flunky on out dude, may you ego be fluffed and be filled with what you reap of your own doing...and may your hatefulness and vileness return to you tenfold.

'Cause the Jesus that I ponder still gonna exist for the BETTER anyway, no matter how much hate losers like you try and spread.
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#113206 Sep 17, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I certainly do not expect perfection, but clearly billions think the bible is of perfection. And this is the problem. If it were commonly understood it is not perfection, I would have no problem with it.
It's a Book of history, laws, and Grace!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#113207 Sep 17, 2013
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
So do you agree that burning people alive by God is just.
Lev: 20
14 “If a man marries both a woman and her mother, that’s wicked. All three of them must be burned at the stake.
Please explain why you think this killing and in this manner is just.
P.S. are you also in favor of public prayers in school?
You forgot the REST of it!
20:14 And if a man shall take a wife and her mother, it [is]
wickedness: they shall be burnt with fire, both he and they:
that there be no wickedness among you.
"that there be no wickedness among you"
You just don't like Judgment for your wickedness!
Besides... Who was God talking to???

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#113208 Sep 17, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Common sense is so rare these days it should be classified as a superpower!
"The Bible itself says it is from God, mankind’s Creator"

And every used car salesman will tell you that he's got the best deals in town.
Get some common sense.
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#113209 Sep 17, 2013
Good day to you all...:-)
Azazel

Somerset, KY

#113210 Sep 17, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Evidences of inspiration
It is filled with prophecies reflecting detailed knowledge of the future—something impossible for humans
2 Pet. 1:20, 21:“No prophecy of Scripture springs from any private interpretation. For prophecy was at no time brought by man’s will, but men spoke from God as they were borne along by holy spirit.”
Prophecy: Isa. 44:24, 27, 28; 45:1-4:“Jehovah . . . the One saying to the watery deep,‘Be evaporated; and all your rivers I shall dry up’; the One saying of Cyrus,‘He is my shepherd, and all that I delight in he will completely carry out’; even in my saying of Jerusalem,‘She will be rebuilt,’ and of the temple,‘You will have your foundation laid.’ This is what Jehovah has said to his anointed one, to Cyrus, whose right hand I have taken hold of, to subdue before him nations, so that I may ungird even the hips of kings; to open before him the two-leaved doors, so that even the gates will not be shut:‘Before you I myself shall go, and the swells of land I shall straighten out. The copper doors I shall break in pieces, and the iron bars I shall cut down.. . . For the sake of my servant Jacob and of Israel my chosen one, I even proceeded to call you by your name.’”(Writing by Isaiah was completed by about 732 B.C.E.)
Fulfillment: Cyrus had not been born when the prophecy was written. The Jews were not taken into exile to Babylon until 617-607 B.C.E., and Jerusalem and its temple were not destroyed until 607 B.C.E. In detail the prophecy was fulfilled starting in 539 B.C.E. Cyrus diverted the waters of the Euphrates River into an artificial lake, the river gates of Babylon were carelessly left open during feasting in the city, and Babylon fell to the Medes and Persians under Cyrus. Thereafter, Cyrus liberated the Jewish exiles and sent them back to Jerusalem with instructions to rebuild Jehovah’s temple there.—The Encyclopedia Americana (1956), Vol. III, p. 9; Light From the Ancient Past (Princeton, 1959), Jack Finegan, pp. 227-229; “All Scripture Is Inspired of God and Beneficial”(New York, 1983), pp. 282, 284, 295.
Prophecy: Jer. 49:17, 18:“‘Edom must become an object of astonishment. Everyone passing along by her will stare in astonishment and whistle on account of all her plagues. Just as in the overthrow of Sodom and Gomorrah and her neighbor towns,’ Jehovah has said,‘no man will dwell there.’”(Jeremiah’s recording of prophecies was completed by 580 B.C.E.)
Fulfillment:“They [the Edomites] were driven from Palestine in the 2nd century B.C. by Judas Maccabæus, and in 109 B.C. John Hyrcanus, Maccabæan leader, extended the kingdom of Judah to include the w. part of Edomitic lands. In the 1st century B.C. Roman expansion swept away the last vestige of Edomitic independence . . . After the destruction of Jerusalem by the Romans in 70 A.D.. . . the name Idumæa [Edom] disappeared from history.”(The New Funk & Wagnalls Encyclopedia, 1952, Vol. 11, p. 4114) Notice that the fulfillment extends down to our day. In no way can it be argued that this prophecy was written after the events had taken place.
HA, the JWs can't ever get anything right. 1914 the end didn't come like you guys claimed so you had to say that Jesus came back invisibly. 1975 still no end so you changed it to this generation that was alive in 1914 and that generation died. What happened to the "millions now living will never die" crap you use to preach to everyone?
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#113212 Sep 17, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>You forgot the REST of it!
BINGO

(ah knew that YaA lol)

The really cool thing of it all is-

Jesus (and the examples of) let's those of us who choose to-LOVE, love the sinners, the imperfect, the confused and even hot air wind bag wankers like Duquette--because of REAL grace!!

Amen!
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#113213 Sep 17, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
"The Bible itself says it is from God, mankind’s Creator"
And every used car salesman will tell you that he's got the best deals in town.
Get some common sense.
That (comon sense) is a rare commodity these day Chromolio.

"Just saying".
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#113214 Sep 17, 2013
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
God is man of war.
The Lord admits he is a man. This may explain some of the beliefs of Mormons.
The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name." (Exodus 15:3)
Here have a tune-Spaced out!

One night in Bangkok makes a hard man humble
Not much between despair and ecstasy
One night in Bangkok and the tough guys tumble
Can't be too careful with your company
I can feel the Devil walking next to me

http://www.metrolyrics.com/one-night-in-bangk...

I can feel the Devil walking next to me......
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#113215 Sep 17, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>And who is to say it was not you who was duped by propaganda about Mother Theresa? She was treated like royalty, far from whatever supposed vow of poverty you heard about.
And who says her efforts really helped? If people are starving, telling the pregnancy prevention is sinful is the opposite of helping.
Millions die yearly due to aids, and condom use has been forbidden by the church and this has caused these gullible people to have the epidemic unchecked in these remote areas of Africa.
I cannot praise spreading of ignorant superstitions that cause more harm than they try to prevent.
And again you switch from white to black.
I can feel the Devil walking next to me!!!
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#113216 Sep 17, 2013
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
So do you agree that burning people alive by God is just.
Lev: 20
14 “If a man marries both a woman and her mother, that’s wicked. All three of them must be burned at the stake.
Please explain why you think this killing and in this manner is just.
P.S. are you also in favor of public prayers in school?
I don't agree with anything people like YOU say.

Because I KNOW BETTER!!!

I can feel the Devil walking next to me!!!!!!!!!!
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#113217 Sep 17, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>The 9/11 terrorists were of middle or upper classes, but that does not mean this passage could not be easily uses to recruit poor terrorists.
I do not subscribe to using such vauge religious terms for what I am.
I show specifically what I found wrong with the passages. Nothing to get sentimental about.
Yeah,,, pretty tawdry---dark age and barbaric for sure!

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#113219 Sep 17, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for informing us what the religious propaganda machine is selling these days. Seems they have you tricked very well.
All you do is criticize atheists. Hope you never need a secular organization when in need. But we really don't expect you to be non hypocritical so I am sure you use them all the time.
You see we atheists do not brag constantly when we help others and hold up atheist flags while helping. That is for religion to do. Hold up Mother Theresa and brag.
But here testimony shows she helped even when she no longer really had faith in a god. So you really can't hold her up like a trophy to your beliefs.
And I see you can't allow for criticism with your beliefs. It is clear you think Christainty is perfect. The propaganda has paid off. The brainwashing is complete.
I have not been tricked by anyone.

What I have been ,is, convinced that Atheists have done very little to advance the well being of the poor , less fortunate and for humanity in general.

Their inaction and lack of contributions speak for themselves.

What contributions have they made?
To whom do Atheists turn in their moment of need?
Not to Madylin O'Hair or Richard Dawkins.
Now , they want to adopt Mother Theresa as one of their own.
When and where did she claim to be an Atheist?
You are looking to reap where you have not sown.

According to studies ,Atheists attend Church in order to belong to support groups which they are unable to find within the Atheist community.
They want their children to be taught morals based on the teachings of Christianity.
By doing so , they invalidate the belief among some Atheists that God is not needed in order to lead a moral life.
And I can go on and on......

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#113220 Sep 17, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I am sure the 9/11 hijackers felt the same as they slammed I to the towers. And this is why I protest religion. It stifles rational thought. It warps moral reasoning.
Killing someone who is peacefully worshiping is immoral. Killing someone for trying to sway you from your god is immoral. Missionaries try to sway people from their god every day. Do you thing it is moral to kill them? If not, then why was it moral for a god or man to order it in the bible?
Let us stick to the subject of Deuteronomy and not muddy the waters
with issues that do not pertain to what is written in Deuteronomy.

Deuteronomy has nothing to do with 9/11.

Those who were killed for worshipping the golden calf violated their agreement to Worship only the true God and serve him only.
Instead , in spite of the warnings not to do so , they made a graven image and worshipped it as if it was god.
They had been warned that such actions would be detrimental to the community at large.
When confronted by Moses , they were given the opportunity to recant.
Some did not. By choosing not to stand with GOD , THEY CHOOSE THE GOLDEN CALF.
You , as an unbeliever , fail to grasp the serious consecuences of that mistake...Moses did not..
That cancer had to be removed and it was.

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#113222 Sep 17, 2013
tema wrote:
<quoted text> To whom do Atheists turn in their moment of need?
Not to Madylin O'Hair or Richard Dawkins.
Now , they want to adopt Mother Theresa as one of their own.
When and where did she claim to be an Atheist?
You should get out more often. You are not familiar with her diaries and the books that have been published since her death. Let me help.

"Lord, my God, who am I that You should forsake me? The Child of your Love — and now become as the most hated one — the one — You have thrown away as unwanted — unloved. I call, I cling, I want — and there is no One to answer — no One on Whom I can cling — no, No One.— Alone ... Where is my Faith — even deep down right in there is nothing, but emptiness & darkness — My God — how painful is this unknown pain — I have no Faith — I dare not utter the words & thoughts that crowd in my heart — & make me suffer untold agony.
So many unanswered questions live within me afraid to uncover them — because of the blasphemy — If there be God — please forgive me — When I try to raise my thoughts to Heaven — there is such convicting emptiness that those very thoughts return like sharp knives & hurt my very soul.— I am told God loves me — and yet the reality of darkness & coldness & emptiness is so great that nothing touches my soul. Did I make a mistake in surrendering blindly to the Call of the Sacred Heart?"
— addressed to Jesus, at the suggestion of a confessor, undated

Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/222107/...
tema wrote:
<quoted text> You are looking to reap where you have not sown.
According to studies ,Atheists attend Church in order to belong to support groups which they are unable to find within the Atheist community.
They want their children to be taught morals based on the teachings of Christianity.
By doing so , they invalidate the belief among some Atheists that God is not needed in order to lead a moral life.
So...some Christians lead amoral lives since they can always just tell Yahweh they are really sorry and think themselves forgiven.
Do the actions of "some" invalidate the actions of the many?
If so, by your reasoning, all Christians are amoral.
Do you see how ridiculous you are?

There is no "god" necessary for the teaching of "don't lie, cheat, kill, or steal."
The so called Golden Rule predates the babble and is perhaps the best moral lesson ever stated.
tema wrote:
<quoted text> And I can go on and on......
You could, and probably will, and it will mean just as little.

Since: Feb 12

Roseville, CA

#113223 Sep 17, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>You forgot the REST of it!
You conveniently left out the poor animal for sinning (go figure) that was burned at the stake with the women and for having sex. Yet men can rape young girls and just pay 5 dollars. You then admit that men force women to have sex with animals.

You have the mind set of those who want a sharia type christian law in America. You agree God is just when young virgins are raped and men only have to pay 5 dollars to her family. You have a warped mind to believe God is just.

You have a convert a "huckleberry" called SistaNoneYa.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 2 hr SLY WEST 3,606
~~Keep A Word~~Drop A Word Game. (Jun '10) 2 hr SLY WEST 406
Looking for a girl who will POOP all OVER me! ;P (Apr '14) 2 hr assassin 16
How many kindergarten teachers at Lay? 4 hr briar 15
judy basinger (Jul '09) 4 hr roaddog 74 18
who's the best lay from the creek 5 hr tinsel 7
Bastards 5 hr Dummies 1
dinky phipps 7 hr Yep 4
Who is the best looking woman in knox co. (Feb '10) 19 hr Lisa 185
To the Garland family 20 hr jack 7