Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,904

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story
D Woman frankfort

Barnesville, OH

#113080 Sep 13, 2013
i just want to let the public know i am teaching sunday school at my church i will try learning all the little girls and boys about the bible and show them how to be decent.something i know there parent havn't show them.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

Monticello, KY

#113081 Sep 13, 2013

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#113082 Sep 14, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text> You can put ALL the chemicals, and proteins together, and not make a simple amoeba!
Witch Wrote ;Give me a few billion years and I can.
Says I; OK. you are on,starting right now. I expect you will have a response by Friday September 13 ,A few billion years from today 2013. In case I am not here , leave me a message. Tutsi stunatz
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text> The complexity of life had to be planned, and accomplished by someone...
Witch wrote; Given the enormity of time and space, random chance works.
Your simple limited mind can't accept that.
Says I; Given the enormous amount of empty space between your ears , you have opted to fill that space with nonsense and gibberish.
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text> to claim it was a roll of the dice!
Witch wrote ;It was. Aren't we a lucky species?
No, we are a blessed species , ctreated by OUR GOD
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text> The funny part is... The "Rationally challenged"
You don't THINK you are!
With wrote ;Let me see....
You believe in an invisible superbeing for which there is only your personal "experience."
Says I;No, we have the personal experience of millions of people to which they unashamedly attest
Witch wrote ;I use reason and logic based on evidence.
Umm.. I THINK I am.
Says I ; Your admission that "you think you are" is a clear indication that you are not all there LOL
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>PS
Try to visit discovery.org once in a while!
When I need a good laugh, I will.
Talking about having a good laugh;
An Atheist stood before God and asked; Oh GOD,What is a million years like to you?
God answered; A million years to me is like 1 second.
The Atheist then asked;Oh God , what is a million dollars like to you?
God answered; A million dfollars to me is like 1 pennjy.
The Atheist then asked God; Will you please give me a penny?
God answered, Give me a second to think about it.
Problem is, you seem to think that joke is somehow based upon a reality.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#113083 Sep 14, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Was I talking about you? I was talking about your immoral god.
You worship a god that demanded murder. You can dance around this fact all you wish, it just makes you look in denial all the more.
You really need to stop bad mouthing my pet frog, minding it's own business, not intending to purposely harm anyone or anything- you dolluh grubbing, idiot, hypocrite feral sloth.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#113084 Sep 14, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
Remind me to show you a picture of my pet frog sometime, pretty rainbow of colors emitting from it's eyes--it's so much more pleasant to look at and contemplate than Duquette lol.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#113085 Sep 14, 2013
tema wrote:
<quoted text>
I would like to know where God demanded that anyone be murdered.
Do you know the definition of murder?
Murder is an unjust killing. Now do you think ordering people kill due to them try to sway you from your god is just? The Christians here seem to think this is a moral thing to do. Reminds me of the Jihadist's. Probably because it is exactly like the jihadist's.
Deuteronomy 13 6-10. The supposed god is ordering the people to murdere. Well it is murder in my eyes, because I see it as unjust.

My argument about the bible is, it teaches immoral practices. This is the perfect example.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#113086 Sep 14, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
You really need to stop bad mouthing my pet frog, minding it's own business, not intending to purposely harm anyone or anything- you dolluh grubbing, idiot, hypocrite feral sloth.
First, I do not believe the god you worship is a frog.
But keep running from the debate. The bible is teaching an immoral practice in the name of a moral god.
I really don't care what you worship, the fact remains, the bible is teaching an immoral practice in the name of a moral god.
The bible is teaching an immoral practice in the name of a moral god.
Got it?
Now either join the intellectual discussion about this, or just keep playing immature games and look in denial.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#113087 Sep 14, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
Matthew 6
6:9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father who art in
heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
6:10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done on earth as [it is] in
heaven.
6:11 Give us this day our daily bread.
6:12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
6:13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for
ever. Amen.
AMEN!
BLASPHEMY! Say it properly or take it out of the schools!
It is seen as a sacrilege to say it as you did, by Catholics. Just as the Jehovah Witnesses see saying the pledge as a sacrilege.
Keep public schools secular for these reasons.

Our Father who art in Heaven,
Hallowed be thy name;
Thy kingdom come
Thy will be done
On earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread;
And forgive us our trespasses
As we forgive those who trespass against us;
And lead us not into temptation,
But deliver us from evil.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#113088 Sep 14, 2013
D Woman frankfort wrote:
i just want to let the public know i am teaching sunday school at my church i will try learning all the little girls and boys about the bible and show them how to be decent.something i know there parent havn't show them.
As long as you keep that indoctrination at church and not in public schools, this is your freedom to have in America.
Did you ever go to a school other than on Sundays?
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#113089 Sep 14, 2013
on anothr matter - please see my comments on Syria - in favor of the new peace attempt - and let me know your opinion on tht. curious whether we agree. thanks.
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>BLASPHEMY! Say it properly or take it out of the schools!
It is seen as a sacrilege to say it as you did, by Catholics. Just as the Jehovah Witnesses see saying the pledge as a sacrilege.
Hallowed be thy name;
Thy kingdom come
Thy will be done
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#113090 Sep 14, 2013
please enter into discussion with wise folks too, instead of always fighting the ignorant ones. want to know your views on one of the Syria threadsp lease.
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>As long as you keep that indoctrination at church and not in public schools, this is your freedom to have in America.
Did you ever go to a school other than on Sundays?
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#113091 Sep 14, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>First, I do not believe the god you worship is a frog.
But keep running from the debate. The bible is teaching an immoral practice in the name of a moral god.
I really don't care what you worship, the fact remains, the bible is teaching an immoral practice in the name of a moral god.
Got it?
Now either join the intellectual discussion about this, or just keep playing immature games and look in denial.
The Bible in an inanimate book.

If you really don't care what anyone worships, why are you repeating your mere opinion of it? Are you trying to demand others see things as you see them?

The Bible is an inanimate book.
The bible is an inanimate book.

Anything else beyond that, is mere opinion of reader perspective.

Got it?

(and until you get THAT, there is no basis for intellectual discussion).
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#113092 Sep 14, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>BLASPHEMY! Say it properly or take it out of the schools!
Hallowed be thy name;
Thy kingdom come
Thy will be done
However, I will agree with you on this.

Mostly because debts are not the only tresspasses (ie:sins) people make in this old world (be they intentional or unintentional).
idk

Pikeville, KY

#113093 Sep 14, 2013
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists cannot sin against the Holy Spirit, only believers. If you are lying to promote your religion or just a idiot who believes and expects us to believe you without testing your evidence and your claims you are fool.
If you believe and had faith the size of a mustard seed you could perform a miracle which I and others could witness, test and verify.
Note: Scientist have aready perform things that could be believed as miracles and they are not. So don't say that scientific breakthroughs are miracles.
So put up or shut up.
i dont believe in miracles, just as i dont believe in god. not once did i say i did. way to jump to a conclusion, i bet u thought u were really puttin me in my place huh? lol

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#113094 Sep 14, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible in an inanimate book.
If you really don't care what anyone worships, why are you repeating your mere opinion of it? Are you trying to demand others see things as you see them?
The Bible is an inanimate book.
The bible is an inanimate book.
Anything else beyond that, is mere opinion of reader perspective.
Got it?
(and until you get THAT, there is no basis for intellectual discussion).
Not sure what your point about the bible being inanimate is about? Care to actually say instead of expecting mind reading?

"Untill I get that"? Are you demanding I see things as you see them?

First, hypocritical as always. Second, I get the book is inanimate. Now care to make a point?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#113095 Sep 14, 2013
havent forgotten wrote:
on anothr matter - please see my comments on Syria - in favor of the new peace attempt - and let me know your opinion on tht. curious whether we agree. thanks.<quoted text>
Maybe repost it. I went a few pages back and did not see it.
Fair

Virgie, KY

#113096 Sep 14, 2013
Lol at God writing the Bible. The Bible was written by men. It says so itself. Those men who wrote it do claim devine inspiration, and they believed God guided them -or we believe that to be so.

Ifvthe bible is taught in schools then so be the holy koran and every othet religious text. Fair is fair.

Since: Feb 12

Roseville, CA

#113097 Sep 14, 2013
Tea Party lady: Ted Cruz is eligible because “Canada is not really foreign soil”
August 23, 2013
By Anomaly

Ted Cruz’s eligibility for a presidential run has come under scrutiny. Now watch the hypocrisy here:

In 2008, Republican voter Christina Katok of Walden said she believed Obama was ineligible for the job because he was born in Kenya and therefore wasn’t a “natural born” American, even though there is ample proof to the contrary.

But she feels that Ted Cruz is eligible because “Canada is not really foreign soil.” Except that it is. It always has been.

http://freakoutnation.com/2013/08/23/tea-part...

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#113098 Sep 14, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Murder is an unjust killing. Now do you think ordering people kill due to them try to sway you from your god is just? The Christians here seem to think this is a moral thing to do. Reminds me of the Jihadist's. Probably because it is exactly like the jihadist's.
Deuteronomy 13 6-10. The supposed god is ordering the people to murdere. Well it is murder in my eyes, because I see it as unjust.
My argument about the bible is, it teaches immoral practices. This is the perfect example.
Murder is the unjust killing of a person.
You have made the egregious error of assuming murder where none occured.
In my opinion ,your error in reaching the wrong conclusion can be attributed to 1 of 3 reasons.
Either;
1)you did not read all that is included in The Book of Deuteronomy ,
2) You read it and failed to grasp the reasons for the rules and commandments
3)You arbitrarily ignored the facts contained in the Book
That would lead one to conclude that the basis for your allegations are very weak and totally baseless.

God gave explicit instructions as to how those whom He freed from bondage should conduct themselves and what their relationship to Him must be if they were to fare well in the land he gave them.
He put a blessing and a curse before them.
The rules and commandments were given , so that if they adhered to His Commandments all would go well with them.
Everyone was made well aware of the rules and the consecuences for disobedience.
When all these rules and commandments were explained to all the people , they declared AMEN.
All these rules and commandments are enumerated in the Book of Deuteronomy.
To those who believe in God, the rules ,commandments and the punishment applicable for disobedience made sense then and make sense now.
To those who do not believe in God , the rules and commandments do not make sense because they are unable to grasp their importance and significance and the role they play in our relationship with God
Jus me

United States

#113099 Sep 14, 2013
I don't go for that bible stuff. I'd rather get down and personal with my cousin.....beats studying religion any day. Very rewarding too!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
barbourville affordabe funeral home (Oct '08) 28 min someone who knows 109
German shepard 1 hr Jackie 1
jeff vaughn not dories jeff violas jeff is a rat 1 hr Junes son Jeff Va... 4
How many kindergarten teachers at Lay? 4 hr question 11
terry smith from the creek 6 hr wondering 4
Brett 7 hr sorry 2
To the Garland family 9 hr Friend 5
what happen on the creek ambulances an law is u... 21 hr Get a life 8
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:09 pm PST

Yahoo! Sports 2:09PM
RT Eric Winston quickly settling in with Bengals
NBC Sports 3:14 PM
Losers of 13 of 14, Titans set for top draft pick - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
Broncos vs. Bengals: TV Info, Spread, Injury Updates, Game Time and More
Bleacher Report 9:00 AM
Start 'Em, Sit 'Em Week 16: Debating Difficult Fantasy Football Lineup Decisions
NBC Sports11:17 AM
Peyton Manning officially questionable for Monday night