Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 166390 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#113169 Sep 15, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
NO such thing as perfect, that's why I've always prefer reality rather than some fabricated denial.
But that's not to say that I don't think there's wisdom to be found with in books, INcluding the Bible.
Like -

James 2:5 - Hearken, my beloved brethren, Hath not God chosen the poor of this world rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom which he hath promised to them that love him?
I see no wisdom in this passage. I see only propaganda in this passage.

The only use I see for this passage is to use it in a class teaching propaganda and what to avoid and question with a critical mind.

It is a veil promise to the poor in order to win their loyalty and have blind followers.
This passage could easily be used for much evil.
I could see Bin Laden or his kind using such a passage to recruit terrorists.

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#113170 Sep 15, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>First, I said "a would be killing". The bible is demanding the person and group to kill in Deuteronomy. Now if this was carried out for the reasons Deuteronomy gives, explain how this is a "just reason"?
The bible explains how Moses demanded killing for worshiping a golden calf. Can you explain how this is "just"?
Which of the reasons given in Deuteronomy do you disagree with?
Which ones and why?
I read through them and under the circumstances death seemed to be the only solution.

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#113171 Sep 15, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
All anyone has to do is read it for themselves....so...read it for yourself.
I'm a take care of myself and my own type person, and beyond that, I don't owe "giving" anyone anything.
You owe me nothing and I was not looking to collect an unowed debt
Read it for myself,again.
Based on the events that took place , the behaviour of certain peoples and God's commands , solutions were appropriate under those circumstances
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#113172 Sep 15, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I do not see Mother Theresa as all altruistic. I think the church trotted her out as a propaganda leader. She did help some, but the teachings of prohibiting condoms lead to other problems.
Religion like the organized churches have motives. Some parts may be good, but ultimately they want members. Thus they are not all, altruistic. They want something back for what they might give. And all so many want ten percent back.
And speaking of Mother Theresa, her story of losing faith is very interesting. She took note of no god helping with the massive suffering she witnessed.
Oh my.... Some one who took vows of poverty and choose to work with the oppressed of this world...and that is all you can write?

Sad Duquette, sad. Sad that you cannot praise the life of someone so selfless, so giving. Sad that you can only focus on some skewed assumptive propaganda of nothing but materialism.
And sad that you would exploit in such a pathetic and negative way, the life of an old women, who dedicated herself, to nothing but that of helping the truly poor and needy.

Because with out believers and do-ers like her, and if everyone were just takers, where would this world be Duquette?

I feel sorry for you, you miss so much focusing on such negatives Duquette.

And I hope that I will never interpret the things I read in such a negative manner, or have to be consumed by such a materialistic chain, because it is certainly nothing to strive for, or be at all envious of!!
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#113173 Sep 15, 2013
tema wrote:
<quoted text>
You owe me nothing and I was not looking to collect an unowed debt
Read it for myself,again.
Based on the events that took place , the behaviour of certain peoples and God's commands , solutions were appropriate under those circumstances
I have no idea what you're babbling about.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#113174 Sep 15, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Not sure if one must witness something in order to write about it logically.
A hypothetical or supposition can be logical.
Now the biblical scholars say the four gospels were not written by the witnesses. So many discrepancies could have occurred. My experiences tell me the claims are not logical.
I said experience..

Flip flop much Duquette?
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#113175 Sep 15, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I see no wisdom in this passage. I see only propaganda in this passage.
The only use I see for this passage is to use it in a class teaching propaganda and what to avoid and question with a critical mind.
It is a veil promise to the poor in order to win their loyalty and have blind followers.
Hardly.

The terrorists were well tended to.

You're not a very spiritual person are you Duquette.

Since: Feb 12

Rancho Cordova, CA

#113176 Sep 15, 2013
The men who made her put on a donkey show get a free pass. She was forced to do this by men is my opinion based on imperical historical evidence that men force women aka raping vigins to get off on this type of stuff. A bibilcal donkey show.

The animal is responsible, how dumb is that.

Leviticus 20:16

16 “If a woman has sex with an animal, you must kill both the woman and the animal. They must be put to death. And they are responsible for their deaths.
----------

This one is unjust by God. This is why we don't want religon taught in schools. Christians want who agree this is just want sharia law.

Lev 20-9
9 “Any and every person who curses his father or mother must be put to death.

----------
A family barbecue how nice of God to have a gathering and have people break out the snack awaiting the burning alive of these humans. God says its ok as long as his competitor molech does not.

If you say this is just then you must want sharia law in america.

14 “If a man marries both a woman and her mother, that’s wicked. All three of them must be burned at the stake.

A lot of stuff that christians want Jesus to implement in america if you beleive God is just.

Lot of stuff in Lev 20.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#113177 Sep 15, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I see no wisdom in this passage. I see only propaganda in this passage.
Why is that Duquette, when often we do have choices in our perceptions?

Proverbs 15:13 - "A happy heart makes the face cheerful, but heartache crushes the spirit." (NIV)
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#113178 Sep 15, 2013
Spaceship earth wrote:
The men who made her put on a donkey show get a free pass. She was forced to do this by men is my opinion based on imperical historical evidence that men force women aka raping vigins to get off on this type of stuff. A bibilcal donkey show.
The animal is responsible, how dumb is that.
Leviticus 20:16
16 “If a woman has sex with an animal, you must kill both the woman and the animal. They must be put to death. And they are responsible for their deaths.
----------
This one is unjust by God. This is why we don't want religon taught in schools. Christians want who agree this is just want sharia law.
Lev 20-9
9 “Any and every person who curses his father or mother must be put to death.
----------
A family barbecue how nice of God to have a gathering and have people break out the snack awaiting the burning alive of these humans. God says its ok as long as his competitor molech does not.
If you say this is just then you must want sharia law in america.
14 “If a man marries both a woman and her mother, that’s wicked. All three of them must be burned at the stake.
A lot of stuff that christians want Jesus to implement in america if you beleive God is just.
Lot of stuff in Lev 20.
A lot of stuff in the bible, period.

Some just choose NOT to spread misery to others, while others choose to do nothing BUT tr to poison others.

----------
Psalm 97:11-12 - "Light is shed upon the righteous and joy on the upright in heart. Rejoice in the LORD, you who are righteous, and praise his holy name." (NIV)

Psalm 118:24 - "This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." (NIV)

Since: Sep 13

United States of America

#113179 Sep 15, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Bravo. It looks as if you are taking note of my point, or at least part of it. I think the person you respond to cannot differentiate what is moral or not. He blindly accepts what is in the bible and claimed of god is moral, no matter what. And here in lies the problem. If one is told god is condoning the terrorism or bad deed whatever it is, the blind believer is more willing to carry out said bad deed. In the case of 9/11 this propaganda tactic worked well for the Islamic leaders.
If you look at the Christians on this thread, you will see they all blindly believe all of the things attributed to god in the bible are absolutely true and moral. They do not see it as ignorant of animalistic. So if their leader tells them a bad thing to do, what stops them if they think their leader is privy to gods message?
Wow...It just took 3 years to get @ least one to admit to this!

Since: Sep 13

United States of America

#113180 Sep 15, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
The only stuff people can write of logically, is that of what they've experienced.
Anything else would be (and is) nothing more than suppositions and hypotheticals.
Why would you expect the Bible to be any different?

Another revelation... by George, I think she has it!!
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#113181 Sep 15, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
Why extremists of any sort, are only good for avoiding.

Including parasite atheisTic soul vampires.

No "Good God" in those kinds!!

Peace Duquette, may the the GOOD forces be with you!

(think you're well aware of the differences I see when it comes to some of that stuff now!!)

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#113182 Sep 15, 2013
tema wrote:
<quoted text>
Which of the reasons given in Deuteronomy do you disagree with?
Which ones and why?
I read through them and under the circumstances death seemed to be the only solution.
I am sure the 9/11 hijackers felt the same as they slammed I to the towers. And this is why I protest religion. It stifles rational thought. It warps moral reasoning.
Killing someone who is peacefully worshiping is immoral. Killing someone for trying to sway you from your god is immoral. Missionaries try to sway people from their god every day. Do you thing it is moral to kill them? If not, then why was it moral for a god or man to order it in the bible?

Rancho Cordova, CA

#113183 Sep 15, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Some just choose NOT to spread misery to others, while others choose to do nothing BUT tr to poison others.
----------
Psalm 97:11-12 - "Light is shed upon the righteous and joy on the upright in heart. Rejoice in the LORD, you who are righteous, and praise his holy name." (NIV)
Psalm 118:24 - "This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." (NIV)
No! Jesus is the one speading misery. See evidence below.

"Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division: For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three. The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law." (Luke 12:51-53)

Rancho Cordova, CA

#113184 Sep 15, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
----------
God is man of war.

The Lord admits he is a man. This may explain some of the beliefs of Mormons.

The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name." (Exodus 15:3)

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#113185 Sep 15, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my.... Some one who took vows of poverty and choose to work with the oppressed of this world...and that is all you can write?
Sad Duquette, sad. Sad that you cannot praise the life of someone so selfless, so giving. Sad that you can only focus on some skewed assumptive propaganda of nothing but materialism.
And sad that you would exploit in such a pathetic and negative way, the life of an old women, who dedicated herself, to nothing but that of helping the truly poor and needy.
Because with out believers and do-ers like her, and if everyone were just takers, where would this world be Duquette?
I feel sorry for you, you miss so much focusing on such negatives Duquette.
And I hope that I will never interpret the things I read in such a negative manner, or have to be consumed by such a materialistic chain, because it is certainly nothing to strive for, or be at all envious of!!
And who is to say it was not you who was duped by propaganda about Mother Theresa? She was treated like royalty, far from whatever supposed vow of poverty you heard about.
And who says her efforts really helped? If people are starving, telling the pregnancy prevention is sinful is the opposite of helping.
Millions die yearly due to aids, and condom use has been forbidden by the church and this has caused these gullible people to have the epidemic unchecked in these remote areas of Africa.

I cannot praise spreading of ignorant superstitions that cause more harm than they try to prevent.

And again you switch from white to black.

Rancho Cordova, CA

#113186 Sep 15, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
----------
So do you agree that burning people alive by God is just.

Lev: 20

Please explain why you think this killing and in this manner is just.

P.S. are you also in favor of public prayers in school?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#113187 Sep 15, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
I said experience..
Flip flop much Duquette?
I don't think I contradicted myself. I know the exchange was confusing looking. But I stand by my statement.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#113188 Sep 15, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Hardly.
The terrorists were well tended to.
You're not a very spiritual person are you Duquette.
The 9/11 terrorists were of middle or upper classes, but that does not mean this passage could not be easily uses to recruit poor terrorists.

I do not subscribe to using such vauge religious terms for what I am.

I show specifically what I found wrong with the passages. Nothing to get sentimental about.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chris N Daisy Hubbard 51 min brad 8
ina woolum (Dec '08) 2 hr Tired 29
Rodney Bullock 5 hr ben 3
Daniel Boone Owned Slaves, shut down the DBF! 6 hr wiseman 16
All will bow!!! 6 hr Chris_Jarvis 9
Brian osborne,ray davis 7 hr Shara 21
Unfaithful 8 hr Therealbitchplease 10
Judge ex removing daniel boone statue ! 9 hr Crusade for Justice 32
Bad wreck on 25e in front of creek market!! Sat Well 7

Barbourville Jobs