Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
107,701 - 107,720 of 128,869 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
I Know

Kissimmee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
Good for you! Here's ya a Cookie! Ya I knew about the winery too, being as I'm a Fogerty Fan. Demmitt; seems I know where Ca. is too!
Good for you, here's your cookie back. My question is with all of your knowledge what made you decide to settle in a hick coal mining town like Pikeville, KY and how did you find it?

Since: Sep 13

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

I Know wrote:
<quoted text>
Good for you, here's your cookie back. My question is with all of your knowledge what made you decide to settle in a hick coal mining town like Pikeville, KY and how did you find it?
I'm not "settled" my job requires me to travel. At present, my jobsite is near Pikeville, Kentucky. 6 months from now I may find myself in Texas, Pa, or Ohio.
I Know

Kissimmee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
That was not to me but I will comment. The bible does show that God's followers are ordered to kill those who do not worship him in the old testament and threats of death for the infidels in the new testament.
The bible says God does not change. So it is likely that the slaughter of infidels will occur as it did during the Crusades.
You must kill those who worship another god. Exodus 22:20
Kill any friends or family that worship a god that is different than your own. Deuteronomy 13:6-10
Kill all the inhabitants of any city where you find people that worship differently than you. Deuteronomy 13:12-16
Kill everyone who has religious views that are different than your own. Deuteronomy 17:2-7
Kill anyone who refuses to listen to a priest. Deuteronomy 17:12-13
Kill any false prophets. Deuteronomy 18:20
Any city that doesn’t receive the followers of Jesus will be destroyed in a manner even more savage than that of Sodom and Gomorrah. Mark 6:11
Ezekiel 9:6
(6) Fully destroy old men, young men and virgins, and little children and women. But do not come near any man on whom is the mark.
Your word is truth.—John 17:17.
Try as they might, enemies of Bible truth have been unable to prevent its spread.“The word of God is not bound,” says 2 Timothy 2:9. In 1870 a group of sincere Bible students began searching for the truth. Their method of study? Someone would raise a question. They would discuss it. They would look up all related scriptures on the point, and then, when they were satisfied with the harmony of these texts, they would finally state their conclusion and make a record of it. Does it not reassure you to know that like the apostles and older men of the first century, those faithful men, our “spiritual ancestors” of the late 1800’s, were determined to align their beliefs solidly with God’s Word? Since everyone who desires to gain God’s approval must walk in the truth, may all of us continually strive to be guided by God’s Word
I Know

Kissimmee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text> I'm not "settled" my job requires me to travel. At present, my jobsite is near Pikeville, Kentucky. 6 months from now I may find myself in Texas, Pa, or Ohio.
Don't take me serious I was just picking. I found it amusing that your name is "Stuck in a lodi" located in Pikeville, KY. You must admit that requires a smile :0)
I Know

Kissimmee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
That was not to me but I will comment. The bible does show that God's followers are ordered to kill those who do not worship him in the old testament and threats of death for the infidels in the new testament.
The bible says God does not change. So it is likely that the slaughter of infidels will occur as it did during the Crusades.
You must kill those who worship another god. Exodus 22:20
Kill any friends or family that worship a god that is different than your own. Deuteronomy 13:6-10
Kill all the inhabitants of any city where you find people that worship differently than you. Deuteronomy 13:12-16
Kill everyone who has religious views that are different than your own. Deuteronomy 17:2-7
Kill anyone who refuses to listen to a priest. Deuteronomy 17:12-13
Kill any false prophets. Deuteronomy 18:20
Any city that doesn’t receive the followers of Jesus will be destroyed in a manner even more savage than that of Sodom and Gomorrah. Mark 6:11
Ezekiel 9:6
(6) Fully destroy old men, young men and virgins, and little children and women. But do not come near any man on whom is the mark.
Pay constant attention to yourself and to your teaching. Stay by these things, for by doing this you will save both yourself and those who listen to you.—1 Tim. 4:16.
Like Jesus, we always need to be alert, watching for opportunities to share what we know about God’s Kingdom. Each such opportunity is precious, and we do not want to squander any. Lives are at stake! Jesus knew something else that led him to remain watchful. He knew that Satan was determined to tempt him, to persecute him, and to break his integrity. That vicious enemy was always watching for “another convenient time” to put Jesus to the test.(Luke 4:13) Jesus never let down his guard. He wanted to be ready for any test, be it temptation, opposition, or persecution. Cannot much the same be said about us? We know that Satan is still “like a roaring lion, seeking to devour someone.” That is why God’s Word exhorts all Christians:“Keep your senses, be watchful.”—1 Pet. 5:8

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

I Know wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't take me serious I was just picking. I found it amusing that your name is "Stuck in a lodi" located in Pikeville, KY. You must admit that requires a smile :0)
I have been to several states, and honestly, the people in this region have a more relaxed social behavior than in most places I've been. I've been in this state longer than others...(12 years)So I'm not going to say anything negative about the state in which I earn my wages.

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Not to mention age becoming a factor, so my state hopping could be coming to a close, when that happens, I'm not moving again.

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

I Know wrote:
<quoted text>
My point was, other states have cities named Lodi too, which that song sorta describes my life at the moment, and my being a fan, I thought it quite fitting.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

I Know wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a FALSE statement but if it were true it would still be better than forcing the fairy tale of EVOLUTION on young unsuspecting minds.
I can back up my claims with evidence. Now which claim do you dispute?

I oppose your superstition due to those like yourself who oppose science due to your religion.

Deuteronomy 13 6-10. Evidence.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

I Know wrote:
<quoted text>
Your word is truth.—John 17:17.
Try as they might, enemies of Bible truth have been unable to prevent its spread.“The word of God is not bound,” says 2 Timothy 2:9. In 1870 a group of sincere Bible students began searching for the truth. Their method of study? Someone would raise a question. They would discuss it. They would look up all related scriptures on the point, and then, when they were satisfied with the harmony of these texts, they would finally state their conclusion and make a record of it. Does it not reassure you to know that like the apostles and older men of the first century, those faithful men, our “spiritual ancestors” of the late 1800’s, were determined to align their beliefs solidly with God’s Word? Since everyone who desires to gain God’s approval must walk in the truth, may all of us continually strive to be guided by God’s Word
If the bible is truth, then your god is evil.
If Deuteronomy is true, then your god ordered followers to murder.

Your superstition may spread even though the bible is full of atrocities by your god, but it does not mean it is true. Your religion got a giant upstart by murdering the non believers. The god and Jesus were used to help conquer and indoctrinate lands across the globe.

I note you avoided the claims and diverted. Common tactic to keep the faith, denial.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

I Know wrote:
<quoted text>
Pay constant attention to yourself and to your teaching. Stay by these things, for by doing this you will save both yourself and those who listen to you.—1 Tim. 4:16.
Like Jesus, we always need to be alert, watching for opportunities to share what we know about God’s Kingdom. Each such opportunity is precious, and we do not want to squander any. Lives are at stake! Jesus knew something else that led him to remain watchful. He knew that Satan was determined to tempt him, to persecute him, and to break his integrity. That vicious enemy was always watching for “another convenient time” to put Jesus to the test.(Luke 4:13) Jesus never let down his guard. He wanted to be ready for any test, be it temptation, opposition, or persecution. Cannot much the same be said about us? We know that Satan is still “like a roaring lion, seeking to devour someone.” That is why God’s Word exhorts all Christians:“Keep your senses, be watchful.”—1 Pet. 5:8
Again, diversion on order to stay in denial.
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2013

Judged:

Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet Christians kill their fellow Christians in war and follow dictators. Jesus told you Christians it's ok to do it?
Stupid on purpose???
SistaNoneYa

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>If the case were closed, everyone would believe in your god.
The problem is, there was a crime, and you Christians do not even recognize the atrocity as a crime.
By your reasoning, the 9/11 terrorists may have valid reason to murder. If they believe a god is telling them to kill, it is ok in your mind.
Of course you will object with the double standard.
Double standards?
DOUBLE STANDARDS?

During the Boston Marathon on April 15, 2013, two pressure cooker bombs exploded at 2:49 pm EDT (18:49 UTC), killing 3 people and injuring an estimated 264 others. The bombs exploded about 13 seconds and 210 yards (190 m) apart, near the finish line on Boylston Street.
----------
And what did America see after THAT?

WHINING about miranda rights? Really??? REALLY???
----------
During an initial interrogation in the hospital, Dzhokhar—who was arrested not having been read his Miranda rights—said Tamerlan was the mastermind. He said they were motivated by extremist Islamist beliefs and the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, and that they were self-radicalized and unconnected to any outside terrorist groups, but that they had learned how to build explosive devices from an online magazine of the al-Qaeda affiliate in Yemen.[16] He said that he and his brother had decided after the Boston bombings to travel to New York City to bomb Times Square. Dzhokhar was charged on April 22, while still in the hospital, with use of a weapon of mass destruction and malicious destruction of property resulting in death.[5][17] He has pleaded not guilty to 30 total charges.

So DO tell us about "double standards"
The double standards of the hypocrisy of EVIL...of SUB humans like these two Chechyn bombers-one who not only was allowed to travel FREELY to bomb lobbing land and then back to to U.S. w/out an eye even being blinked--- even with a WARNING from Russia, to inflict thier CHAOS and EVIL upon INNOCENT people --Including CHILDREN--here in the US.

DOUBLE STANDARDS??????????

TO HELL with those who terrorize others and spread the propoganda of it.

To HELL with THEM...and where ever they come from. Let the THEIR "culture" deal with them!

Some of you people are just sooo BLINDED by BULLCHIT.
SistaNoneYa

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2013

Judged:

stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop pretending to be stupid....everyone knows that you really are. Wow you stuck in your nose in my comment about teachers now didn't ya....and what you consider "crappola gossip" I consider Truth, because there is evidence of it!!
Again "GFY", dark age , desperate, straw grasping terrorist!
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>You cannot explain how goddidit. Was it magic? Was it some chemistry? You don't know, nor can know.
You have just made several claims that have absolutely zero evidence.
Less Magic, that your religion requires!
SistaNoneYa

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I use you word to point out your hypocrisy. Now show evidence of my hypocrisy?
I see you got nothing as always.
I've have far more sense in the tip of my pinky finger, than what you'll ever be able to think about having.

BOSTON bombings "Duquette"

Where's your outrage on the maiming and killing of innocents in THAT "Duquette"

Why haven't we "lobbed bombs" on the ones still existing that participated in that?

Or are you PRO-terrorist, under the guise of "legalism" Duquette?

Sure sounds like you are.

In which case, if you are-you can

"GFY" too-because terrorists are the SCUM at the bottom of the barrels of humanity.
birdie

Wayland, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2013

Yyy
SistaNoneYa

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Well that defies the plan you suggested the other day. Forget about that already?
Must you always contradict yourself?
So are you for or against secularism? Be clear!
It defies nothing, and there's no contradiction what so ever.

It seems however, you would rather deny REALITY because you seem to think that "secularism" is the bandaid fox for everything.

Well guess what Duquette, it's NOT.

But dream on.

Add BTW, catch any of the new 9/11 rememberances this week?

Nice one on the musueam at Ground Zero.

Of the many-two rather interesting relics worthy of mention come to mind-

One a page from the Bible-forever melted onto apiece of steel.
http://www.history.com/topics/9-11-memorial/v...

Guess what page of verses just happened to be immortally preserved for TIME Duquette.....

AND

The CROSS of Ground Zero......

agged, pagan-seeming tridents. A grief-exhausted excavator named Frank Silecchia found it on Sept. 13, 2001, two days after the terrorist attacks. A few days later, he spoke to a Franciscan priest named Father Brian Jordan, who was blessing remains at Ground Zero.

“Father, you want to see God’s House?” he asked.“Look over there.”

Father Brian peered through the fields of shredded metal.“What am I looking for?” he asked. Silecchia replied,“Just keep looking, Father, and see what you see.”

“Oh my God,” Father Brian said.“I see it.”

As Father Brian stared, other rescue workers gathered around him. There was a long moment of silence as he beheld what he considered to be a sign. Against seeming insuperable odds, a 17-foot-long crossbeam, weighing at least two tons, was thrust at a vertical angle in the hellish wasteland. Like a cross.

Ever since the two jets had slammed into the twin towers on Sept. 11, leaving 2,753 dead, Father Brian had been asked by countless New Yorkers,“Why did God do this?” He would reply tartly, in his Brooklyn-born accent:“It had nuttin’ to do with God. This was the actions of men who abused their free will.” Now here was God explaining Himself. It was a revelation, proof that “God had not abandoned Ground Zero,” even as the awful excavations continued...(Kenkins, S. "9/11 memorials: The story of the cross at Ground Zero". Washington Post. 9/8/2011)

Go ahead Duquette-promote your lunaTIC, judegit haters living in their little fantasy worlds--that apparently have NO CLUE of reality...let alone of DECENCY and RESPECT of and for OTHERS.

You UnAmerican, terrorist appeasing dirtbag.

SistaNoneYa

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Who said it had anything to do with each other? All I am pointing out is your contradictory claims.
You repeatedly fall back to the ignorant WHINE of "what about Iraq"
REPEATEDLY.

In fact, I think you'd rather WHINE about that-than face the REAL truth in the DIFFERENCES between Then and Now.

You UNPatrioTic, anti-American, terrorist scum appeasing hypocrite. At your level- "GFY" too, dirtbag.
SistaNoneYa

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>"Ban"? Nope, why would you blatantly lie about what I want? I am for freedom of religion, unlike the god of the bible.
Which is it Duquette? Which is it?

You going to slander and hate all over the symbolicness of the CROSS that brought so many people strength inthe months that followed next? Are you going to go there next DIRTBAG?

GET AWAY FROM and STAY AWAY from me if you do-SCUM.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

49 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 20 min Train wrecK 1,029
Anthony Smith 26 min Antny 10
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 53 min Limbertwig 146,731
Any couples into SCAT??? 1 hr guss 14
threesomes (May '11) 2 hr Fatcat 29
Marlena cox 2 hr Old friend 34
Krystal Shields (Nov '12) 3 hr younastayyy 19
Elmer at Creek mart 3 hr lmao 8
Is Gary Williams won the Mayors race ? 9 hr Tire Shop 17
patrick baker arrested for donald mills murder 11 hr sheila 420
state police pulling people over on 25e. Sat changes 6
•••
•••
•••
Barbourville Dating