Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,915

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#112998 Sep 12, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
I claimed you spewed bullchit.
I find the infantile practice of just running around pitchforking people and assailing them directly with names like "liars" are those with serious mental problems.
Or absolutely possessing no class what so ever-kind of like the idiot breeds that shows like Jerwee Spwinger cater to.
Skank nasty herd packs that flock onto the ghetto platforms to display their ignorant idiotocracy daily that those are.
Again, try just debating for a change, instead of hypocritically charging us with that pitchfork and whining.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#112999 Sep 12, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
You're not doing very well then....not very well at all.
It is hard, when I have zero people to debate here.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#113000 Sep 12, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that's a little better, much more specific and defined...and we would agree on your two points made, as well as the simplistic levels behind those who would even consider such to be meant as any sort of literal "directives".
And you didn't even have to stoop to some idiotTic, ignorant name calling level either.
But you did have to resort to name calling.

Now are you saying all that followed the direct demands of Deuteronomy 13 6-10 are the simplistic minded? Are you saying the scripture was metaphorical?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#113001 Sep 12, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Because in my opinion the subject matter was not even worth one, let alone two sentences.
(As I TRIED to explain in an earlier post....)
So the recent wars are not worth discussing?

Lets break this down a bit. You supported the Bush wars, and you oppose the Obama conflicts(no wars). The reasons you give for the US needing to stop with the Obama conflicts is because you want the Muslims to just blow themselves up and we stay out of it.
Well I am asking, if this is the case, then why did the Bush wars not follow that rule of yours?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#113002 Sep 12, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe if Clinton hadn't been so slack to start with, bin_laden wouldn't have even had a chance to perpetuate his plans as devised in the Clinton years.
NONE of which really has anything at all to do with the CURRENT (as in 2013--not the 90's) issues with Syria.
Maybe if the right wing did not cry "waging the dog" when Clinton started bombing the Bin Laden sites, he would not have eased back on him. But their are a lot of "what if's", and I am not letting Clinton off the hook either. What if Regan had not helped Bin Laden organize, fund and weaponize his crew? Maybe Bin Laden would have been taken out by the Russians. But none of this has anything to do with Obama. Obama was the guy who focused on Bin Laden and the results showed it worked. Bin Laden was taken down in his administration. Obama was not as slack as Clinton, Bush Sr., Reagan, or Bush Jr., on Bin Laden.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#113003 Sep 12, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Did my pet frog have a conversation with you while it was out sunning itself on it's favorite rock yesterday, as to what it thinks about religious freedoms?
(YEAH-that is how STUPID your nothing but egocentric, ASSumptive, idiotic "your God" ignorant statement Was.)
Back to the name calling? You did so well last post. Short lived.

Did I say anything about your stance on religious freedom? Nope, I spoke of the god you worship and his stance on religious freedom. Try reading a bit more carefully.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#113004 Sep 12, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Did my pet frog have a conversation with you while it was out sunning itself on it's favorite rock yesterday, as to what it thinks about religious freedoms?
(YEAH-that is how STUPID your nothing but egocentric, ASSumptive, idiotic "your God" ignorant statement Was.)
My bad, looks like I read your post wrong. I see you now claim a frog as your god, so you can avoid the passage of Deuteronomy showing how the god of the bible is against religious freedom.
But of course we all know this frog is not the god you worship.
Look me up when you are ready for an honest debate.

You wish for a book that hates religious freedom to be taught in schools.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#113005 Sep 12, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Self serving and rather egotisTical too.
Goes with the over all lacking in ethical attributes realms sometimes it would seem.
The very next post you had to show your hypocrisy.

Self-righteousness (also called sanctimoniousness, sententiousness, and holier-than-thou attitudes[1]) is a feeling or display of (usually smug) moral superiority[2]

You are claiming I am "lacking in ethical attributes" yet cannot see that this is display of moral superiority?
curious

Ocoee, FL

#113007 Sep 12, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So I am foolish for not trusting the testimony of someone who contradicts himself constantly? Now I see why you are a believer.
No,,,You are just foolish...Period....but you are not alone.

Show me where I have contradicted myself by posting what I wrote in it's entirety,,,not just by taking snippets out of context or by inserting staements which I never made.
Chroeme is noted for that tactic...
BTW do you know whether it might be raining or thundering at LODI"S work sight.
He hasn't posted anything today.
Or,,,Just maybe his supervisor got wise to LODI's locking himself in the toilet for 3 hours at a time so he can get paid while posting on Topix...
Scurrilous behaviour ,wouldn't you agree....
curious

Ocoee, FL

#113008 Sep 12, 2013
Something about Putin I was not aware of;"That's what makes America different," the president said. "That's what makes us exceptional."

Seizing on that, Putin said: "I would rather disagree with a case he made on American exceptionalism.... It is extremely dangerous to encourage people to see themselves as exceptional, whatever the motivation.... We are all different, but when we ask for the Lord's blessings, we must not forget that God created us equal."

It wasn’t until the double-whammy of 1) his wife’s car accident in 1993 and 2) a life-threatening house fire in 1996 that Putin began questioning his atheism. During a vulnerable moment before Putin departed for a diplomatic trip to Israel, his mother gave him a baptismal cross. He said of the occasion:

I did as she said and then put the cross around my neck. I have never taken it off since.1

Now, Putin has become a bit of a zealot. He seems to want to reestablish a pre-Soviet combination of church and state, saying:

First and foremost we should be governed by common sense. But common sense should be based on moral principles first. And it is not possible today to have morality separated from religious values.3

Furthermore, Putin has proposed compulsory religion and ethics classes for Russian students.4

It does seem that God does work in mysterious ways.
What can we make of all of this?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#113009 Sep 12, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me where I have contradicted myself by posting what I wrote in it's entirety,,,not just by taking snippets out of context or by inserting staements which I never made.
Or,,,Just maybe his supervisor got wise to LODI's locking himself in the toilet for 3 hours at a time so he can get paid while posting on Topix...
So you judge me "foolish..period" and this is not "Self-righteousness (also called sanctimoniousness, sententiousness, and holier-than-thou attitudes[1]) is a feeling or display of (usually smug) moral superiority[2] derived from a sense that one's beliefs, actions, or affiliations are of greater virtue than those of the average person."?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#113010 Sep 12, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
"Or,,,Just maybe his supervisor got wise to LODI's locking himself in the toilet for 3 hours at a time so he can get paid while posting on Topix..."

"Self-righteousness (also called sanctimoniousness, sententiousness, and holier-than-thou attitudes[1]) is a feeling or display of (usually smug) moral superiority[2] derived from a sense that one's beliefs, actions, or affiliations are of greater virtue than those of the average person."

You are a hypocrite. How many examples must I show? I show them daily. Have you not been paying attention?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#113011 Sep 12, 2013
curious wrote:
Something about Putin I was not aware of;"That's what makes America different," the president said. "That's what makes us exceptional."
Seizing on that, Putin said: "I would rather disagree with a case he made on American exceptionalism.... It is extremely dangerous to encourage people to see themselves as exceptional, whatever the motivation.... We are all different, but when we ask for the Lord's blessings, we must not forget that God created us equal."
It wasn’t until the double-whammy of 1) his wife’s car accident in 1993 and 2) a life-threatening house fire in 1996 that Putin began questioning his atheism. During a vulnerable moment before Putin departed for a diplomatic trip to Israel, his mother gave him a baptismal cross. He said of the occasion:
I did as she said and then put the cross around my neck. I have never taken it off since.1
Now, Putin has become a bit of a zealot. He seems to want to reestablish a pre-Soviet combination of church and state, saying:
First and foremost we should be governed by common sense. But common sense should be based on moral principles first. And it is not possible today to have morality separated from religious values.3
Furthermore, Putin has proposed compulsory religion and ethics classes for Russian students.4
It does seem that God does work in mysterious ways.
What can we make of all of this?
Sounds as if you and Putin are promoting a theocracy. Scary.
But he is right about claiming being exceptional. Obama got a lot of grief from republicans not claiming America was exceptional, so I guess he caved to their pressure. He should tune their crap out sometimes and stand true to his real feelings. Hypocrisy always makes you look bad.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#113012 Sep 12, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>"Or,,,Just maybe his supervisor got wise to LODI's locking himself in the toilet for 3 hours at a time so he can get paid while posting on Topix..."
"Self-righteousness (also called sanctimoniousness, sententiousness, and holier-than-thou attitudes[1]) is a feeling or display of (usually smug) moral superiority[2] derived from a sense that one's beliefs, actions, or affiliations are of greater virtue than those of the average person."
You are a hypocrite. How many examples must I show? I show them daily. Have you not been paying attention?
First things first.
You went off on a tangent and failed to provide any information where I had contradicted myself.
That is what I requested and you failed to provide.

Secondly , It was Lodi's cage that I was trying to rattle.
Instead , I wound up rattling yours.
Let Lodi answer for himself , or has he named you his spokesperson.

If he did , he did not clear it through me, as he had agreed to do.
If the poor guy is on the job, attending to his duties and unable to get to his computer ,does not give you the right to speak on his behalf without his prior consent.

Since: Sep 13

United States of America

#113013 Sep 12, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I have neither the time nor the inclination to go back and post ever single comment where you have slandered, contradicted yourself, and proven your hypocrisy. That's right, I am @ the jobsite. The readers and followers of this thread can see that for themselves.
laughing...Wow, seems I was missed

Since: Sep 13

United States of America

#113014 Sep 12, 2013
Curious, show me the post where I said I would clear everything through you. You are mad, delusional, and quacked. Do you experience these hallucinations often?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#113015 Sep 12, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
First things first.
You went off on a tangent and failed to provide any information where I had contradicted myself.
That is what I requested and you failed to provide.
Secondly , It was Lodi's cage that I was trying to rattle.
Instead , I wound up rattling yours.
Let Lodi answer for himself , or has he named you his spokesperson.
If he did , he did not clear it through me, as he had agreed to do.
If the poor guy is on the job, attending to his duties and unable to get to his computer ,does not give you the right to speak on his behalf without his prior consent.
I just showed two contradictions you made. I show them daily. I will continue to do so. I am sure you will do it again today, so I am not going back to look for others.
It is not as if any of my posts register in your brain, so why waste to much time?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#113016 Sep 12, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
It is you . I do not wonder , I know why .
You are foolish at heart.
"Self-righteousness (also called sanctimoniousness, sententiousness, and holier-than-thou attitudes[1]) is a feeling or display of (usually smug) moral superiority[2] derived from a sense that one's beliefs, actions, or affiliations are of greater virtue than those of the average person."?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#113017 Sep 12, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Hold that thought!
God is real... case closed.... like your head!
"Self-righteousness (also called sanctimoniousness, sententiousness, and holier-than-thou attitudes[1]) is a feeling or display of (usually smug) moral superiority[2] derived from a sense that one's beliefs, actions, or affiliations are of greater virtue than those of the average person."?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#113018 Sep 12, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>No!
No, the Bible does not!
If you'd read it... aw, you'd still say something stupid!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
terry smith from the creek 1 hr answering 5
Who is the best looking woman in knox co. (Feb '10) 1 hr Lisa 185
To the Garland family 2 hr jack 7
Obama and the Democrats inciting violence again... 2 hr jack 2
How many kindergarten teachers at Lay? 3 hr wizzard 14
truck payments 3 hr lololol 16
it should be against the law for a woman to drive 6 hr sick of it 10
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:00 am PST

Bleacher Report 4:00AM
Broncos vs. Bengals: TV Info, Spread, Injury Updates, Game Time and More
Bleacher Report 9:00 AM
Start 'Em, Sit 'Em Week 16: Debating Difficult Fantasy Football Lineup Decisions
NBC Sports11:17 AM
Peyton Manning officially questionable for Monday night
CBS Sports 5:01 AM
Signs of Johnny Manziel's struggles evident in poor practice outings
NFL 6:52 AM
Tennessee Titans prepping for possible Jay Cutler deal