Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,871

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

London, KY

#112829 Sep 10, 2013
To heck with Zen... Another photo by Me...

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-KUgKoI9uy2...

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#112830 Sep 10, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>I Might add....
A Religion that tells your people that it's Ok to Lie, Cut peoples heads off, and rape people as the Muslims do...
Does NOT qualify for Religious Freedoms in America!
Well actually Islam does qualify for religious freedom in America. Were have you been? It is not illegal to be a Muslim in America. You can worship that religion all you wish.

The bible DEMANDS you kill those who try to sway you from your god. Yet this insane book is being pushed in the public schools.

Since: Sep 13

United States of America

#112831 Sep 10, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
To heck with Zen... Another photo by Me...
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-KUgKoI9uy2...
Amazing picture! Q: what kinda camera and lens you got?
I Know

Kissimmee, FL

#112832 Sep 10, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text> Guess you don't know of the other cities named lodi, possibly more than these.
New York, Wisconsin, New Jersey & Ohio
I must admit I did not know of Lodi in New York, Wisconsin, New Jersey and Ohio but I do know where Pikeville, KY is located.
In view of the following information I seriously doubt that John Fogerty was singing about any place other than Lodi CA. Especially sense Mr. Fogerty was born in Berkeley, CA.
Lodi /&#712;lo&#650;da& #618;/ is a city located in San Joaquin County, California, in the northern portion of California's Central Valley. The population was 62,134 at the 2010 census. The California Department of Finance's population estimate as of January 1, 2011 is 62,473.
Lodi is best known for being the center of wine production (the "Zinfandel Capital of the World"),[3] although its vintages have traditionally been less prestigious than those of Sonoma and Napa counties. However, in recent years, the Lodi Appellation has become increasingly respected for its Zinfandel wine and other eclectic varietals.[4] National recognition came from the Creedence Clearwater Revival song "Lodi." Nearby Woodbridge is the home of the well known winery, Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi. Mondavi grew up in Lodi, and Mondavi Winery is considered[by whom?] one of the most influential in the American wine industry.
I Know

Kissimmee, FL

#112833 Sep 10, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Well actually Islam does qualify for religious freedom in America. Were have you been? It is not illegal to be a Muslim in America. You can worship that religion all you wish.
The bible DEMANDS you kill those who try to sway you from your god. Yet this insane book is being pushed in the public schools.
That is a FALSE statement but if it were true it would still be better than forcing the fairy tale of EVOLUTION on young unsuspecting minds.
Known Fact

Kissimmee, FL

#112834 Sep 10, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
No one knows God's timing. Like I said, maybe it would have been more harmful to blacks had this happened sooner. They were already treated as less than human in that time period. Add to that a persecuted church and it may have had a more negative effect on them.
Is this a correct quote? "As man is God was and as God is man can become" If that were true then at some point in the distant past God was a man! Is this another correct quote? "The Bible is correct as far as it is translated correctly" If that is true who decides what is translated correctly and what is not? What is used to prove incorrect translation?
I don't mean to be picking on your religious statements it is just I would like clarification.

Monticello, KY

#112835 Sep 10, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text> Amazing picture! Q: what kinda camera and lens you got?
I used a Canon T3i with a 135mm Minolta manual lens with a adapter ring and took 6 photos from a tripod and stitched them together for the Sunset... Then took a few old tree shots and added them to the scene then took a shot some folks camping around a camp fire and added that to the scene... Then made a copy of the image and fliped it 180 upside down and added some ripples to the water area......

United States of America

#112836 Sep 10, 2013
I Know wrote:
<quoted text>
I must admit I did not know of Lodi in New York, Wisconsin, New Jersey and Ohio but I do know where Pikeville, KY is located.
In view of the following information I seriously doubt that John Fogerty was singing about any place other than Lodi CA. Especially sense Mr. Fogerty was born in Berkeley, CA.
Lodi /&#712;lo&#650;da& #618;/ is a city located in San Joaquin County, California, in the northern portion of California's Central Valley. The population was 62,134 at the 2010 census. The California Department of Finance's population estimate as of January 1, 2011 is 62,473.
Lodi is best known for being the center of wine production (the "Zinfandel Capital of the World"),[3] although its vintages have traditionally been less prestigious than those of Sonoma and Napa counties. However, in recent years, the Lodi Appellation has become increasingly respected for its Zinfandel wine and other eclectic varietals.[4] National recognition came from the Creedence Clearwater Revival song "Lodi." Nearby Woodbridge is the home of the well known winery, Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi. Mondavi grew up in Lodi, and Mondavi Winery is considered[by whom?] one of the most influential in the American wine industry.
Good for you! Here's ya a Cookie! Ya I knew about the winery too, being as I'm a Fogerty Fan. Demmitt; seems I know where Ca. is too!

United States of America

#112837 Sep 10, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
I used a Canon T3i with a 135mm Minolta manual lens with a adapter ring and took 6 photos from a tripod and stitched them together for the Sunset... Then took a few old tree shots and added them to the scene then took a shot some folks camping around a camp fire and added that to the scene... Then made a copy of the image and fliped it 180 upside down and added some ripples to the water area......
a lot of work invested, but it sure pays off...

Since: Feb 12

Roseville, CA

#112838 Sep 10, 2013
I Know wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a FALSE statement but if it were true it would still be better than forcing the fairy tale of EVOLUTION on young unsuspecting minds.
That was not to me but I will comment. The bible does show that God's followers are ordered to kill those who do not worship him in the old testament and threats of death for the infidels in the new testament.

The bible says God does not change. So it is likely that the slaughter of infidels will occur as it did during the Crusades.

You must kill those who worship another god. Exodus 22:20

Kill any friends or family that worship a god that is different than your own. Deuteronomy 13:6-10

Kill all the inhabitants of any city where you find people that worship differently than you. Deuteronomy 13:12-16

Kill everyone who has religious views that are different than your own. Deuteronomy 17:2-7

Kill anyone who refuses to listen to a priest. Deuteronomy 17:12-13

Kill any false prophets. Deuteronomy 18:20

Any city that doesn’t receive the followers of Jesus will be destroyed in a manner even more savage than that of Sodom and Gomorrah. Mark 6:11

Ezekiel 9:6
(6) Fully destroy old men, young men and virgins, and little children and women. But do not come near any man on whom is the mark.

Monticello, KY

#112839 Sep 10, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text> a lot of work invested, but it sure pays off...
It's a hobby and everybody needs one :)

Monticello, KY

#112840 Sep 10, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text> a lot of work invested, but it sure pays off...
You might like this album then....

https://plus.google.com/photos/11043992667178...

United States of America

#112841 Sep 10, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
You might like this album then....
https://plus.google.com/photos/11043992667178...
great shots , nice album
Have you ever considered introducing your artwork to publishing companies..I really think they are professional grade.
I Know

Kissimmee, FL

#112842 Sep 10, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
Good for you! Here's ya a Cookie! Ya I knew about the winery too, being as I'm a Fogerty Fan. Demmitt; seems I know where Ca. is too!
Good for you, here's your cookie back. My question is with all of your knowledge what made you decide to settle in a hick coal mining town like Pikeville, KY and how did you find it?

United States of America

#112843 Sep 10, 2013
I Know wrote:
<quoted text>
Good for you, here's your cookie back. My question is with all of your knowledge what made you decide to settle in a hick coal mining town like Pikeville, KY and how did you find it?
I'm not "settled" my job requires me to travel. At present, my jobsite is near Pikeville, Kentucky. 6 months from now I may find myself in Texas, Pa, or Ohio.
I Know

Kissimmee, FL

#112844 Sep 10, 2013
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
That was not to me but I will comment. The bible does show that God's followers are ordered to kill those who do not worship him in the old testament and threats of death for the infidels in the new testament.
The bible says God does not change. So it is likely that the slaughter of infidels will occur as it did during the Crusades.
Kill any friends or family that worship a god that is different than your own. Deuteronomy 13:6-10
Kill all the inhabitants of any city where you find people that worship differently than you. Deuteronomy 13:12-16
Kill everyone who has religious views that are different than your own. Deuteronomy 17:2-7
Any city that doesn’t receive the followers of Jesus will be destroyed in a manner even more savage than that of Sodom and Gomorrah. Mark 6:11
(6) Fully destroy old men, young men and virgins, and little children and women. But do not come near any man on whom is the mark.
Your word is truth.—John 17:17.
Try as they might, enemies of Bible truth have been unable to prevent its spread.“The word of God is not bound,” says 2 Timothy 2:9. In 1870 a group of sincere Bible students began searching for the truth. Their method of study? Someone would raise a question. They would discuss it. They would look up all related scriptures on the point, and then, when they were satisfied with the harmony of these texts, they would finally state their conclusion and make a record of it. Does it not reassure you to know that like the apostles and older men of the first century, those faithful men, our “spiritual ancestors” of the late 1800’s, were determined to align their beliefs solidly with God’s Word? Since everyone who desires to gain God’s approval must walk in the truth, may all of us continually strive to be guided by God’s Word
I Know

Kissimmee, FL

#112845 Sep 10, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text> I'm not "settled" my job requires me to travel. At present, my jobsite is near Pikeville, Kentucky. 6 months from now I may find myself in Texas, Pa, or Ohio.
Don't take me serious I was just picking. I found it amusing that your name is "Stuck in a lodi" located in Pikeville, KY. You must admit that requires a smile :0)
I Know

Kissimmee, FL

#112846 Sep 10, 2013
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
Pay constant attention to yourself and to your teaching. Stay by these things, for by doing this you will save both yourself and those who listen to you.—1 Tim. 4:16.
Like Jesus, we always need to be alert, watching for opportunities to share what we know about God’s Kingdom. Each such opportunity is precious, and we do not want to squander any. Lives are at stake! Jesus knew something else that led him to remain watchful. He knew that Satan was determined to tempt him, to persecute him, and to break his integrity. That vicious enemy was always watching for “another convenient time” to put Jesus to the test.(Luke 4:13) Jesus never let down his guard. He wanted to be ready for any test, be it temptation, opposition, or persecution. Cannot much the same be said about us? We know that Satan is still “like a roaring lion, seeking to devour someone.” That is why God’s Word exhorts all Christians:“Keep your senses, be watchful.”—1 Pet. 5:8

United States of America

#112847 Sep 10, 2013
I Know wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't take me serious I was just picking. I found it amusing that your name is "Stuck in a lodi" located in Pikeville, KY. You must admit that requires a smile :0)
I have been to several states, and honestly, the people in this region have a more relaxed social behavior than in most places I've been. I've been in this state longer than others...(12 years)So I'm not going to say anything negative about the state in which I earn my wages.

United States of America

#112848 Sep 10, 2013
Not to mention age becoming a factor, so my state hopping could be coming to a close, when that happens, I'm not moving again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
what happen on the creek ambulances an law is u... 29 min Prayers 2
from someone that cared 32 min carous 1
it should be against the law for a woman to drive 1 hr lol 7
Porsche mills 2 hr Well.... 24
Need food badly 5 hr Nope 43
truck payments 5 hr gator for office 14
Heard Nick Mandel almost died 8 hr Creek it 2
To the Garland family 10 hr Well.... 3
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Dec 15 Corky 51
Barbourville Dating