Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 166375 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#112797 Sep 9, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me make myself perfectly clear; I do not get into battles with the defenseless and witless.
Having said that , read this article that I cut n pasted from the
Appalachian News- Express in Pikeville , Kentucky.
Police have issued a warning to the elderly of our City to beware
when exiting a bank after making withdrawals from their Savings Accounts.
Security cameras have captured a seedy looking individual with a tattoo scrawled on his forehead thart reads:Hidden in a lodi", hanging around the entrance of these banks and as unsuspecting elderly patrons exit ,said character snatches their purses and makes a mad dash for an awaiting car.
As he jumps in the car an accomplice speeds away for a quick getaway.
The accomplice has been identified as a scroungy looking individual driving a car with Florida license plates.
On the left side of the back bumper can be seen a sticker which reads "Mirror , mirror on the wall" with a picture of a 3 eyed alligator.
These 2 incorrigibles are known to strike on the day when social security checks are deposited into the elderly's bank accounts.
Community Trest Bank branches on North Mayo Trail and a branch on Main street seems to be their favorite targets.
BTW You live in Pikeville. You know anything about this.
CAREFUL , anything you say can and will be used against you.....
........And the Crowman.......Quibinito....LOL
Thou shalt slander?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#112798 Sep 9, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
That Human perception may be flawed is confirmed by Evolutionists and Atheists. Those being the believers in reading stones and bones
Read the following;
Bone readings have played a part in different cultures around the world. Ex. Atheist Religion and Evolutionist Culture
Generally, bones are cast into a circle and the way that they fall determines the outcome of the reading. In addition to bones, other small objects may be added to the cast such as coins, shells, nuts, dice, or stones. Patterns are looked for in the way the bones fall or markings on the bones have significance.
That type of superstition means nothing to me.
I prefer to rely on the word , promise and performance of MY GOD.
Perceptions are flawed, so if their is zero evidence, then it is opinion based, period.

So the words you claim are of a god are just the opinions of men. Men claiming they are words of a god. For some reason, you trust those men beyond belief. Even though you have conceded the words are not fully accurate. But you still assume the most outrageous one is accurate. Just how can you trust some but not others?
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#112799 Sep 10, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Did I say Jesus? Nope, I said god. The god of the bible insists you murder non believers. Moses often carried out this order he claimed was of your god. Stop diverting and answer to your gods crimes.
Gog is God!
There is no crime!
He said, do this, and Live...
do this, and die!
You keep on wanting punishment!
Case closed!
Now... if you were repentant, He is faithful to save you!
YOUR choice!

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#112800 Sep 10, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Thou shalt slander?
What do you expect from someone who excuses a career peppered with misdeeds under the umbrella of 'he didn't know any better at the time.' You thought morality is a condition of the Christ psychosis?
His #1 commandment, "Thou art exempt from _______" comes with a box of washable markers and a reorder form.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#112801 Sep 10, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
And when you use the moniker of Mike Duquetee , you claim to be a descendant of Apes . You been watching to many Tarzan movies and have developed an affinity to Cheetah that defies natural human behaviour.
Oh, you must be right. Humans and chimpanzees can't BOTH be apes.
I've also claimed that tangerines and limes are both citrus, crabs and lobsters are both crustaceans, mercury and aluminum are both metals, limestone and granite are both stone, pesos and rubles are both currencies, mud huts and skyscrapers are both buildings, sage and basil are both herbs... Gosh, the list goes on forever without end. Wait - both "forever" and "without end"? Damned to Hell and Hades.. did it again.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#112802 Sep 10, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>If you wish to show I do not, then please show it. As of yet, you have not shown anything but a snarky attitude.
Okay-how about we start with...oh...sayyy...

Think of your own original word and quit parrot-brain repeating mine!!
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#112803 Sep 10, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So you refuse to show secularism and insist on demanding the middle east to be secular, because you feel persecuted unjustly? Can you whine a bit more?
Yup...can you lie and distort more? I doubt it...so I'll just clarify-

I do not care WHAT middle east barbarian types do, because that is U.N. business-so long as they leave peace-loving, innocent type U.S. citizens OUT of their barbaricness.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#112804 Sep 10, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Easy is lazy. It is easy to look to the supernatural for answers, instead of science. Goddidit, goddidit, goddidit. That is all you need to say pal.
That's NOT my style either, "pal".

Can't stand that blame others and whine type ignorance.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#112805 Sep 10, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Do I need show the post you made where you did?
Yes.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#112806 Sep 10, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>You mean like staying out of Iraq? I would love to agree with you on staying out, but you keep showing it is not your true belief. Either that or you are hypocritical of your beliefs.
This is NOT then, this is MANY years later...Iraq has NOTHING to do with Libya/Syria.

Why are you so mired in the past?
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#112807 Sep 10, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>No, you do not use the bible belt, you invent your own tools. Like a stone for a stone. You just borrowed the general concept from the bible, just as all religions seem to borrow from one another.
Smith and Hubbard would be proud of you.
Brilliant example!!! In comparing and contrasting of derivatives and col·lo·qui·al·isms
( informal expression: an informal word or phrase that is more common in conversation than in formal speech or writing !!}

(and you want to BAN such?)
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#112808 Sep 10, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
Aug 6, 2013
Judged:
SistaNoneYaBiz wrote:
<quoted text>
I have NEVER, EVER seen a teacher Force their religious beliefs on anyone--not in FIFTY plus years.
EVER..
That's why generally teachers are TEACHERS, NOT Preachers- and not narrow minded, heads stuck in the sand, clueless NON wonders, most having FAR, far more SENSE, than THAT ridiculous bullchit.
GET A CLUE.
This is the 21st century-NOT the 18th dark ages!
stuck in a lodi wrote:
Really! Perhaps you should do more research b4 making yourself out to be the Fool..... 2 examples 1 - In the beginning of 2006, an engineering professor at Northwestern University, in Evanston, Illinois, told his class that the Holocaust was a hoax and never happened. His statement received national media coverage and the president of Northwestern had to issue a public apology claiming that the beliefs did not represent those of the university. 2 - Another dilemma occurred when a public high school teacher in New Jersey continued to veer off into tangents during his lectures that pertained to his religious beliefs. The only reason he was exposed to the public was when a student tape-recorded him and brought it to officials. These are 2 examples that received Media Attention, there are countless others that happen every day that go unnoticed! NOW.... How about YOU get a Phucking Clue!!!
What part of "I" didn't you comprehend? "I" have NEVER witnessed ANYONE trying to FORCE religion on ANYONE else.

No YOU get a flking clue!! Need a helpful starter HINT for DUHMmies-try reading Duquettes post below-

"Mike Duquette"Human perception can be flawed. So you can talk about your experiences all you wish, but they are just opinions of your experiences. They mean nothing to me. End QUOTE]

As in "I" wasn't there to see EITHER instance of whatever data you have drudged up on whatever it is you're babbling about...but I would NOT doubt that IF such instances were abusing others, they most certainly would be reprimanded for it!!
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#112809 Sep 10, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry but one word is not a complete thought. I know what the word means, now try using it in a sentence that has a meaning to something. I could try to guess what you are thinking, but why should I? If you have an opinion on Iraq then spit it out. As of yet, you just put words next to each other that are not complete claims. You write jibberish. Maybe cut back on the baby talk.
I've already used catalyst and Saddam in a sentence a dozen times at least. How many times does it take for something to sink in? Or does it ever in some (empty headed) cases?
Nope, not writing another one using the word, already moved past that word ion particles ago. New word-word is colloquialism.
As in examples of...examples as in what was being referenced in the original article.

colloquialism
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#112810 Sep 10, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Great Chapter!
Says it all!
They despise Wisdom, and Knowledge!
Something like that anyway :-).
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#112811 Sep 10, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yada yada dodge dodge - unclever, untruthful. I don't fancy that a HISSYstory buff wouldn't know that Jesus observed the Jewish Sabbath or which, when and why Xtians changed theirs to Sunday. The statisTICs are easily found and you could have answered "historiTICally speaking, millions of Xtians have divorced and remarried just in the U.S. alone", but you didn't want to.
In an aside, "curious"ly, religies might well be descended from jackasses since they collectively ape one.
You need some fixing. Get busy...your staTIC noise is annoying me.
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#112812 Sep 10, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:

When teachers enforce their beliefs onto students, the line between Church and State is crossed and they are in violation of the First Amendment. Teachers should avoid discussion on religion within the classroom. If the child wants to learn of Religion, it should be done at home or a Church.

This is the comment you replied your "I have never" statement of ignorance..... In that; you were trying to say it didn't happen, and that this wasn't the dark ages, so therefore I needed to get a clue!
You see..... I possess reading comprehension, and that was the point you were trying to make.....now you are switching to make yourself look like you were misunderstood......Bullchit! If all you wanted to convey was that YOU'VE never witnessed that, you should have just said that, and nothing else, BUT you didn't!
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#112813 Sep 10, 2013
I stated back then ,,,, Just because you've not witnessed it, doesn't mean it never happened or never happens...Not my problem, you are so damn clueless!

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#112814 Sep 10, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Gog is God!
There is no crime!
He said, do this, and Live...
do this, and die!
You keep on wanting punishment!
Case closed!
Now... if you were repentant, He is faithful to save you!
YOUR choice!
If the case were closed, everyone would believe in your god.
The problem is, there was a crime, and you Christians do not even recognize the atrocity as a crime.
By your reasoning, the 9/11 terrorists may have valid reason to murder. If they believe a god is telling them to kill, it is ok in your mind.

Of course you will object with the double standard.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#112815 Sep 10, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
I stated back then ,,,, Just because you've not witnessed it, doesn't mean it never happened or never happens...Not my problem, you are so damn clueless!
And crappola gossip that I never witnessed is not my problem either.

But then again, I REALIZE, I can't save duh werld...and just keeping up with duh weeds agrowin' in my own backyard has always been plenty enough to tend to w/out having to stick my nose in ANYone elses business!!

UNLIKE a lot of folks.
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#112816 Sep 10, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
And crappola gossip that I never witnessed is not my problem either.
But then again, I REALIZE, I can't save duh werld...and just keeping up with duh weeds agrowin' in my own backyard has always been plenty enough to tend to w/out having to stick my nose in ANYone elses business!!
UNLIKE a lot of folks.
Stop pretending to be stupid....everyone knows that you really are. Wow you stuck in your nose in my comment about teachers now didn't ya....and what you consider "crappola gossip" I consider Truth, because there is evidence of it!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Daniel Boone Owned Slaves, shut down the DBF! 45 min Lets be real 100 7
Judge ex removing daniel boone statue ! 1 hr LMAO 26
Only mass deportation can save America. 1 hr Chris_Jarvis 5
tell it all what think of brittney hatfeild? (Dec '11) 2 hr Question 9
BETH and AMANDA @ ACH 2 hr Jeff 9
Steve warren Jm hall YESMAN !! 2 hr the truth 2
Lundy Recording Studio (1960s) 2 hr mom 2
Jerry Wayne Garland property 5 hr Friend 10
Bad wreck on 25e in front of creek market!! 10 hr Well 7

Barbourville Jobs