Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 132,187

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#112708 Sep 8, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you, oh pitchforked one.
Anytime lol
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#112709 Sep 8, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Surprised you did not use baby talk, as it is how you are acting.
You left yourself wide open for that one!!

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#112710 Sep 8, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I have,,,,,,But never by using gibberish and nonsense.
Those cases are readily dismissed when the evidence is based on opinions ,unconfirmed events which can not be explained and other types of nonsense.
How one interprets nonsense does not alter the fact that it is nonsense.
That , in spite of the opinions of those who have adopted Science Fiction as reality.
Oh, so now you change the argument? Now it has nothing to do with not being there? You keep using that tired argument, but now run from it. Divert, divert, divert. It is the way of the wrong.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#112711 Sep 8, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Not my style, I just look at the frogs, they seem to be doing just fine.
Of course, be like the god you worship. Do as I say, not as I do.
Practice some secularism then tell the middle east to do it. Otherwise it is blatant hypocrisy.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#112712 Sep 8, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless John K. Edoga is professing to be a god, who can raise the dead after being entombed for days, your comparison is weak and futile at best!
Thanks for verifying your perpetual state of ignorance once again.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#112713 Sep 8, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, so you GET that concept of them actually being TWO different subject areas then too huh?
Yay for the whited sepulchre!
I do, now why can't you? You keep trying to tie the two together, as does all the fundies here. So you just sound like an anti-science, ignorant bunch.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#112714 Sep 8, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
You left yourself wide open for that one!!
And the immature person cannot hold himself back from jumping on the easy one liner, childish blurb. We get it.
Stoneforastone

London, KY

#112715 Sep 8, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>A stone for a stone? Is that like turning the other cheek, or is that more like the old god that wanted an eye for an eye?
Is it immoral for animals to hunt other animals for food?
Thought you claimed to grasp the conceptual difference between religious and secular stuff?!?

Since: Feb 12

Roseville, CA

#112716 Sep 8, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Incase you've NOT Read it.... Jesus is Not about Murdering anyone!
He's about Love!
And yet Christians kill their fellow Christians in war and follow dictators. Jesus told you Christians it's ok to do it?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#112717 Sep 8, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
You probably couldn't pay enough for that kind of actual U.N.ish type of work, so why would anyone waste the effort.
(Reminds me of an OLD saying...about NOT working harder...especially NOT for freeriders!!)
It was your lamed brained idea.
Again, maybe try leading by example. Show how secularism works by example. Yet you are here defending anti secularism. You can't have it both ways. It is hypocritical. Not that you even understand the word.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#112718 Sep 8, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Of course, be like the god you worship. Do as I say, not as I do.
Practice some secularism then tell the middle east to do it. Otherwise it is blatant hypocrisy.
I think we should'VE minded our own business (which should NOT have included LIBYA) and let the middle east sort their own out.
That's what I think.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#112719 Sep 8, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I do, now why can't you? You keep trying to tie the two together, as does all the fundies here. So you just sound like an anti-science, ignorant bunch.
Whatuh...just showing how easy it really is to sling Bible versus.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#112720 Sep 8, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>And the immature person cannot hold himself back from jumping on the easy one liner, childish blurb. We get it.
Yeah, that's a pretty easy thing to do too lol.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#112721 Sep 8, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I do, now why can't you? You keep trying to tie the two together, as does all the fundies here. So you just sound like an anti-science, ignorant bunch.
And no I don't. I wasn't raised to whip others with a Bible belt, I just choose to enjoy the reading of on occasions.

Being as it's a far different reading classification from Science and all.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#112722 Sep 8, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>It was your lamed brained idea.
Again, maybe try leading by example. Show how secularism works by example. Yet you are here defending anti secularism. You can't have it both ways. It is hypocritical. Not that you even understand the word.
Uh-no. I am already pronged by pitchforks enough, for no justifiable reasons!!

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#112723 Sep 8, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Some may believe that they are the descendants of Apes..
Others think and behave like jackasses...
I will leave it at that
I am aware some behave like jackasses. You are doing it right now with this post. You avoided all the points and diverted. Then you call names and run.

Just what is so offensive about being descendants of apes? It does not mean humans are not smarter than apes in most areas. Although studies show apes have far better short term memory than humans. But it suits their needs.
Apes cannot imagine as humans do. It is what makes us different. The similarities are many, but the differences make for large effectual differences.
But many of our instincts are the same. Now just try to use intellect a bit more and maybe a bit less animal instinct if you wish to not be like the apes. But you continually show your instinctive side over your intellectual side. B
But you certainly show your imaginative side. But your instinctive side clings to the imagination as if it were actual fact.
Herein lies the human condition.
stuck in a lodi

Pikeville, KY

#112724 Sep 8, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I have,,,,,,But never by using gibberish and nonsense.
Those cases are readily dismissed when the evidence is based on opinions ,unconfirmed events which can not be explained and other types of nonsense.
How one interprets nonsense does not alter the fact that it is nonsense.
That , in spite of the opinions of those who have adopted Science Fiction as reality.
hum So when you state unequivocally that god exists, you have proof, if so present it, if not, it is considered your opinion as well, just as non believers have no proof he doesn't exist, but in my opinion, the odds are against a god. God is the creation of man, from mankind and not based on any facts or evidence. Nor is there anyway to prove or disprove the existence of fairies, ghosts, demons, spirits, angels, or
any other imaginable ideas derived from the minds of humans.
What we need is a testable, falsifiable hypothesis to examine that would allow us to investigate any of these hypothetical ideas.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#112725 Sep 8, 2013
Stoneforastone wrote:
<quoted text>
Thought you claimed to grasp the conceptual difference between religious and secular stuff?!?
If you wish to show I do not, then please show it. As of yet, you have not shown anything but a snarky attitude.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#112726 Sep 8, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh-no. I am already pronged by pitchforks enough, for no justifiable reasons!!
So you refuse to show secularism and insist on demanding the middle east to be secular, because you feel persecuted unjustly? Can you whine a bit more?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#112727 Sep 8, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, that's a pretty easy thing to do too lol.
Easy is lazy. It is easy to look to the supernatural for answers, instead of science. Goddidit, goddidit, goddidit. That is all you need to say pal.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
pullets and cocerels for sale, adult Buff Orpin... (Jun '13) 8 hr Deena 4
Pamela Hatfield, Michael Ramey, Brad Combs 8 hr Mother of the Year 1
Mayor west gives city councilmans son raise 9 hr Butter bean 23
Mike Smith For Sheriff (Feb '14) 11 hr crazy 227
teena Marie mills 12 hr infoman 9
Cody Carnes 12 hr Proof 7
Emily Collins 14 hr john 3
praying it's all a lie Thu Just the truth 5
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Wed dad 52
Barbourville Dating